Chapter 12: Reptile
103 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike before, my instincts warned me to quickly escape from that place.

I tried to push with all my might and felt like this small prison was breaking causing a small ray of light to enter the place and illuminate my scaly arm.

I had no time to lose and I kept breaking down those walls until I managed to get out.

After that the alarm in my head increased and I began to run desperately.

Looking at the place there was a great mountain, around me lizards escaped with me while some stumbled and lingered only to hear their groan of anguish and their cry when they died.

We did not know that he was chasing us but after a long time running he stopped and the few that remained watched the beast from afar.

It was a large blue snake with black lines all over its body.

Thunder snake, fast, cruel and very territorial.

They will not stop until they eliminate the last of the race that invaded their domain.

As if confirming my ideas, the snake looked at us and began a new career.

Thanks to my ability I was able to react and dodge some of her attacks, but that infuriated her even more.

I didn't know how long I ran but I was exhausted and very hungry.

But we couldn't stop, it doesn't matter if your brothers fall down and eat them in front of you, you can't stop.

At some point they got faster and before long I was the only one being chased by the monster.

My sense returned to the limit and I tried to escape his attacks.

Until a magical voice rang in my mind after a long time.

-You have learned the skill [Quick Escape]

My legs seemed to have been stimulated and my distance from the snake got bigger and I came to a big cliff.

In front of me, a group of lizards jumped indiscriminately regardless of their life or death.

And I eat them, jump.

The moment I was in the air I felt that my jump was not enough and that I would fall into the void towards certain death.

Look around me and most of my brothers would die the same way and I was cruel.

As I fell ... I leaned on those who failed, completed my momentum, and made it to the other side.

The snake stood on its side, devouring those who did not have the courage to jump and looked amused at those who fell.

At that moment I observed my new body, it was small and my vision was very wide.

My legs are very long and thin, my body is full of pointy scales and small claws occasionally appear on my fingers.

I am an angry reptile.

A cruel and problematic breed, they are characterized by their speed in escaping from enemies they cannot defeat and, above all, by their sense of group.

If you see one you must be sure that there are 5 closer to you.

They are abandoned before birth and raise themselves from infancy, only the strongest survive but they can form small tribes when they feel threatened and have no hope of escape.

A little known detail is that they have a small amount of Draconic blood in their body that makes their scales harder than normal, but not enough to excite nobles or adventurers.

Observing the small groups that formed and escaped in different directions, he looked at the rectilinear who was watching me and seemed to be calling me.

Do not hesitate and I followed him along with the other 4, even now I can hear how some groups are dying along the way.

And in reaction to that we move further away from that place.

I just hope our path is safe and we find a rabbit, I'm starving.

3