Chapter 18: Stone Egg.
89 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a long time since I had this feeling, sometimes I command the wizards of that happy little world who only need to resist and can break free.

Now I am sitting and mechanically observing my colleagues who complete the entire process for the experiment.

How to warn them of the danger? Also ... Would it be useful?

How would you explain my ability?

Would you investigate me too?

Has no one thought the same as me?

And where did that man come from in the first place?

Obviously the photos were too different ... or is it because of old age?

Being able to think and be aware doesn't make me feel better.

Dammit! This world pacifies my eggs!

"Won't it hurt? Jiejiejie"

"Don't worry, it will only take a few seconds and honestly ... thank you very much for your support and contribution to the world"

I even use the evil cliche laugh, OMG, wow, you're a newbie!

No, no, don't make me give everything a thumbs up, how despicable.

Watching the machine begin to absorb the old man's soul, I never thought I would wish it would fail.

But this version is more perfect and in case of failure it will revert to his old body.

When I felt the old "Died" I couldn't help screaming.

"Turn off that machine! It's a trap!"

But when I saw how the egg began to break, my body stopped in shock.

After all, a dragon is a dragon, the top leader in the food chain, no matter how old he is, is a dragon.

Perhaps ancient humans could resist intimidation for their abundant abilities, but a group of researchers in a peaceful age?

Sometimes he hated being human because of these weaknesses.

I accumulated all the magic of my body in my arm and prepared the strongest magic circuit that I knew, when I saw his face go off I shot without thinking twice.

But the monster just opened its mouth and swallowed all of my spell that it could call my final attack.

After all, he was a third-rate magician.

Could Francisco have done better?

Seeing my attack, many researchers looked at me in disbelief and annoyance, but seeing that the Dragon began to grow little by little, they began to follow my example and did not stop.

What did they do to that egg?

All the spells were stopped by a translucent magic barrier and we could only avoid the flames from their counterattack.

I began to remember everything I knew about dragons and thought of my sword.

Baby dragons' skin is smooth and won't start to harden until they consume minerals or magic items.

I started running, if that thing grew, not to mention us already damned, the whole city would be razed.

I grabbed the necklace around my neck tightly and headed for the weapons room.

My old sword of youth ... I'm glad I spent all my savings back then and you're of good quality.

When the smoke and fire returned, they filled the place.

Passing the charred bodies of my friends, I continued to where I heard traces of struggle or dying noises and saw it.

At that time its size is like a horse but its skin is still tender and somewhat burned by fire.

But another way to become strong is through injuries.

Upon my arrival, she was greeted by a large flame coming out of her snout, which she avoided thanks to my [Sense of Danger] and my [Quick Escape].

He seemed to sense my threat and stepped back just in time to avoid my sword.

Ignoring his mocking eyes I ran back to him, took advantage of the narrow corridor and the wounds on his wings, ducked my head just in time, evaded his tail and prepared to hit him.

But when I turned around I found him standing in front of me.

His claw grabbed my sword, brought his face close and stabbed in front of me, just breathing in his breath began to cause burns inside my body.

"... Thank you ... his machine ... It's ... amazing ... HA ... HA..HA ..."

After that he broke the sword with force while the other hand crossed my chest and I saw my heart in his hand.

It's over?

All this time, my new peaceful life?

What about Tami and Yuli? Will they escape in time? Will they die? Did I ... kill them?

I couldn't protect them and caused all this trouble.

In my despair a strange and distorted voice appeared in my mind.

# & * ¤θ do you want ¥ §¡ ฯ help?

The force left my body and my mind went blank, but I still managed to say it in desperation.

"...Yes"

The last thing I remember is a high-pitched screech and a contemptuous snort.

But nothing is stronger than the guilt inside me.

3