Chapter-1 A Village in Flames
1.2k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Kat, I'm 8-years old, and my story starts with an imaginary nightmare and a literal nightmare. I woke up with a shout while I was terrified of something. I wish I could remember what I was so terrified of but I've never had much of a good memory. It was when I was contemplating what I had forgotten when I realized my parents weren't sleeping with me like they usually did. Scared I slowly left my room and searched the few rooms in the house for my parents but I couldn't find them anywhere. Thinking I was having another nightmare I became terrified and curled up in a corner of the house.

It was when I was on the verge of crying that I heard the faint screams of my mother outside of the house. I rushed out of the house only to be met with the horrifying sight of my village burning down. I ran towards the sound only to discover my father's corpse alongside others who all wore attire bearing the symbol of a lizard. It was then that I heard my mother scream out once again. Knowing there was nothing I could do for my father I once again ran towards the sound of screaming hoping that I could run away from the burning village with my mother.

It was in the town square that I saw my mom and a few other people from my village being beaten by a huge man with no hair, wearing a cape with a lizard emblazoned upon it. The man seemed to grow tired of beating the villagers and he had his subordinates force them into a nearby house. I wanted to save the other villagers but with the man standing watch outside I wouldn't be able to unlock it. I hid in a nearby shed so that I could keep watch on the house, not realizing that his subordinates had already found me. I was quickly seized, had my mouth covered, and was brought towards the man.

I struggled with all my might but I was unable the overpower the person holding my. The person holding me began to speak to the man when they got close. "Commander we caught another person hiding in the village."

"Soldier this is the fifth straggler you had to bring to me after the initial round up and this better be the last. If any survivors evaded capture and were to leak of our plans it'll be your head on the chopping block."

"Y-yes Sir we've thoroughly searched the area and all of the other houses are currently burning down anyone who isn't already captured will have already perished to the flames."

"Understood lock the child inside then round up the soldiers, we will soon move on stage 4 of the plan."

When the Commander walked away I decided to try to use the last of my energy to escape from the soldier holding my captive. I managed to hit him in the groin causing him a small bit of pain and no small amount of cussing to be said. In anger the soldier hit me multiple times on the head until I passed out.

  Later chapters are longer, this one was just short because it was the first one I wrote.

33