Chapter-12 Wolves are Scary
415 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran through the forest with reckless abandon in the hopes that the wolves would let me go.

Of course the wolves didn’t let me escape and they instead chased after me. After a few minutes of running from the wolves I calmed down a bit and I started to wonder why the wolves hadn’t already killed me. Using Air magic to look behind me I saw the wolves constantly speed up and slow down as if they were only following me.

It didn’t take long for me to realize that those bastards were playing with their food. I flared up in anger and I decided to start attacking back while I continued to run. Using Air magic to keep track of their location I would blast fire in their faces. When they suddenly sped up in an attempt to scare me I would instantly form a metal wall in front of them using a subcategory of Earth magic appropriately called Metal magic.

As I slowly started to kill them one by one they became more serious in chasing me and started to try to actively kill me rather than just chase me.

Anytime a wolf tried to pounce on me I would use Shadow magic to perform a short teleport away and leave a sharp shadowy spike behind that the wolves would impale themselves on. Even if they did manage to get scratch me, as long as I had magic power left my shadow would become armour that would protect me. I was still scared but I was getting braver as the hoard of wolves started to get smaller and smaller.

However, my bravery didn’t prevent me from getting tired. The longer I kept running and performing magic the more tired I continued to get. By the time that I had left the forest and reached the clearing where my village used to be I was out of breath and it was starting to take me longer and longer to cast magic.

I began to regret using Water magic to flood the wolf dens because it was a huge waste in magic power when I could have easily killed them in other ways. I could have just used magic to stay hidden in the shadows, sneak in, and then kill all of them. I could have just used Earth magic to collapse the dens and kill them all in just a few seconds with barely using any magic power. But nooo, I had to spend a crap ton of magic power all so I could make them suffer to fulfill my silly desire for revenge.

After reaching the middle of the clearing I began to think of ways I could escape this situation when I remembered something odd. Why hasn’t Nyx helped me out yet? She’s always been overprotective of me but now that I was tired and on the verge of being eaten by angry wolves she was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she just respected my desire to grow stronger and didn’t want to help me out until I asked for it or I was almost dead? Thinking that was the case I very calmly called out for help. “Please help me mommy I’m about to pass out and I don't want to die!”

Ok maybe I didn’t call out as calmly as I wanted to but Nyx should be appearing any second now, right? In response to my shouting absolutely nothing happened. The twelve strongest remaining wolves just continued to chase after me and I continued to get more tired.

I wish I was as good at teleporting as Nyx. No matter how far away she is from her destination as long as there is a shadow at her location and destination she can teleport there in under a second. If I was that good I could easily be home and asleep already.

I didn’t know how much longer I could run and why Nyx wasn’t saving me but I was determined to survive for as long as I could. My determination was then quickly thrown away with the trash when I saw a family of bears come out of the forest right in front of me. I imagine that they came for the beehives I saw earlier but right now the Mama and Papa bear really don’t want me near their kids.

Now trapped between twelve angry wolves and a family of bears, I started to accept that I wasn’t leaving this clearing alive. “Not unless Nyx suddenly appeared right beside me and saved the day!” Huh, I was sure she would appear this time.

I started to stop rejecting reality and instead I considered the better option between being mauled by bears or being eaten by wolves. Unable to choose how I wished to die I instead figured that if I were to die I would at least like to kill the wolves so that I could get over my past trauma.

Thankfully the wolves had yet to attack me because they were scared of the larger bears and the bears were busy keeping an eye on the wolves. Before the wolves or bears could stop staring at each other and attack me I gathered up my remaining magic power and casted Explosion magic. I became too tired to stand and immediately fell over. I couldn’t see if it worked but I heard the wolves yelp and smelt burning fur so I assume it at least hit some of them.

While I was lying on the ground looking up at the sky I started to struggle to remain conscious. A few seconds later I saw one of the bears walk over. As it raised it’s paw the last thing I said that day was, “I’m not scared anymore Mom.”

Everyone loves cliffhangers, right?

12