Chapter-14 Nyx’s Story Part 2
421 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nyx’s POV

After living with Kat for almost a decade by now I decided that I shouldn’t be so overprotective of her and I came up with the idea of letting her fight a bear. Of course I was going to weaken it first but she didn’t have to know that. As an incentive to fight the bear I told her that I knew where the wolf pack that took her arm was.

In less than a minute she had already defeated the bear and fixed the forest fire she caused. I know that I weakened it but she still defeated it quicker than I initially thought. I had originally only talked about the wolves as an incentive and I planned to secretly help her fight them but she might be able to take them all down by herself.

I took her to the wolves after giving her a bit of advice and it didn’t take long for her to find some. However when she killed the group of six she encountered I noticed that a section of the forest nearby had caught up in flames and was currently scaring a bunch of animals towards Kat. Afraid of the fire catching up to her or the animals trampling her in an effort to run away, I temporarily left her side to put out the fire and stop the rampaging animals.

When I reached the fire I noticed that it was a magical fire produced by a pretty strong fire mage which meant that it would take a lot of time and magic power to put it out. So I instead boxed it in a huge airtight dome of stone while I waited for the fire to burn itself out. As for the animals I would only need to swallow all of them up with my Shadow magic.

The magical fire took way longer than I expected to burn out and I was getting really worried about Kat so I teleported to the wolf dens expecting to find her there. When I couldn’t find her anywhere near there I was scared that another person I cared about had died when I let them out of my sight.

I instantly used my Air magic at its full power to search for Kat and I found her just as she casted Explosion magic unintentionally mixed with Shadow magic to kill a bunch of wolves. I teleported over and instantly killed all the bears and kneeled down to examine Kat. She had over exerted herself and I could tell that the Explosion magic had caused the Shadow magic to reflect back onto Kat forcefully changing her soul. Scared that she was about to die I brought her home and then asked Mary to use holy magic to help her. Throughout Kat’s treatment I couldn’t contain my nervousness as I thought that I had almost let another person close to me die.

After a few hours Mary had finished the treatment and I calmed myself down before I asked her how Kat was doing. “She shouldn’t be in danger anymore but she pushed herself too hard when she conjured up that last spell and might be in a coma for a while.”

“How long will she stay in a coma?”

“She might wake up tomorrow. She might take a century to wake up. The magic inside her body is too unstable and I can’t tell how long.”

I tried to hold in my frustration from not saving Kat in time but I was unable to and started taking my anger out on Mary. “Why can’t you tell how long?! You’re the Great Holy Spirit you should know everything there is to know about how magic power affects the body! At the very least you should have some type of magic that can stabilize her magic power!”

“Don’t you think I know that I should be able to help her! I tried stabilizing her magic power! I tried to give her some of my own magic power! I tried everything I could think of but anytime Kat regained some power it would instantly disappear!”

Mary started to cry as she continued to speak. “I know that I should be able to help her as the Great Holy Spirit but nothing is working. I want to help her just as much as you do. I want to continue playing with her and see her become better at magic but I’ve never seen the condition that her magic is in before so I just don’t know what to do.”

I regretted yelling at Mary as she helped me remember that both of us love Kat. Both of us wanted her to wake up as soon as possible, and both of us were scared of what would happen if she didn’t. I pulled Mary into a hug in an attempt to comfort her but I just ended crying as well as we both lamented that even with how powerful our magic is, we still couldn’t think of a way to help Kat.

A month has passed and Kat still hasn’t woken up. I continued to feed her the ball of Nature magic and let her drink water so that she wouldn’t starve to death or dehydrate. With no clues on how we can help Kat, Mary and I decided to just keep giving her magic power in the hopes that eventually her magic would stabilize and she would wake up from her coma.

Sometimes when I would watch over Kat while I gave her magic power she seemed to be so still that I thought she had died. It would always frighten me and the few times when she moved in her sleep it would always get me excited that she was about to wake up, only for her to continue on sleeping. At those times I wished I could see what she was dreaming about that would make her move around in her sleep.

One morning when I was following that train of thought I remembered that before I met Kat I was always inventing weird magic. A spark of hope started to burn inside of me as I started to come up with a plan. I teleported to Mary when she wasn’t busy and I started to talk about my idea. “So you remember what we think is causing Kat’s condition, right?”

“Yes I do. Since Kat’s magic power keeps fluctuating and won’t stabilize we assume that she either doesn’t have enough magic power, or she doesn’t have enough control over her magic power. Did you bring this up again because you figured out what was the problem?”

“No but I believe I have an idea to figure out what the problem is and possibly fix it. A long time ago I was constantly inventing new magic spells that would usually never have a purpose. Among them was a spell that allows the user to invade someone’s dreams.”
“And you think that this spell might allow you to help Kat?”

“Yes, this spell was never used much because a side effect of it was that the user would always appear inside the person’s dreams and the user would temporarily combine their magic power with the sleeping person. If I use the spell I might be able to talk to Kat and possibly be able to forcibly stabilize her magic power.”

“Are you sure that you would safely be able to stabilize her magic power? Since any magic power we gave her instantly disappeared you might just instantly lose all your power and get trapped inside of her dream. This spell doesn’t exactly seem very safe.”

“I know of the potential risks but I don’t want another person I love to die.”

Mary gave me a kiss before telling me to be careful. I teleported back to the house and when I casted the spell I fell over as my consciousness entered Kat's dream.

Internet at my house is going to be down for the next few days. So I might not be able to post or write any new chapters until the end of the week.

17