Chapter-19 A World Seeking Magic
366 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person Pov

Many things had changed after the Empire’s capital was almost entirely destroyed 11 years ago. Some changes were instant while others happened long after the castle blew up. With no royal family left alive to either produce or become the next successor to the throne, nobles began to fight.

Some who had already planned on betraying the Empire immediately defected to other countries. However, most of the Empire’s nobles were military families and they began to gather their armies. In the following month all but four of the noble families were annihilated whether it be through battles or assassination.

The remaining families were determined to end all the infighting in just a single day. Two of the families that had been lucky to avoid being attacked so far and had finished gathering huge armies had begun to fight. One army had multiple talented mages in it so the battle lasted only a few hours. It was just a slaughter at this point but the winning army could not celebrate for long because the existence of a secret alliance was revealed after all the remaining members of their families died of poison.

The Lagraz family that specializes in military and the Daphne family that was one of the few families that specialized in political affairs had formed an alliance through marriage. The bride and groom had secretly fallen in love and already had a secret child so they used the internal war as a way to rid themselves of their restrictive families and be wed to the one they loved.

The man from the Lagraz family who was a talented Fire Spirit and the woman from the Daphne family who was a talented Holy Spirit had become the new King and Queen of the Empire. With their vastly reduced military might they gave back most of the land the Empire had conquered. Of course some countries wanted revenge and attempted to invade the Empire but even though the Empire was weakened they still had some of the best technology when it came to warfare, so they were able to fend off the invaders. They had also hired a group of reliable mercenaries that would later become the Royal Guard. But it was only a matter of time until kingdoms previously oppressed by the Empire would decide to take advantage of a weakened Empire.

Ever since then the continent finally found relative peace as the constant warring finally ended. With less need for military might the continent started spending its resources on researching new technologies and magic that could be used outside of combat in order to improve life. Some kingdoms even set out to create technology that could be used for entertainment such as theater and new games in order to heal the scars caused by constant warring.

The Kingdom that developed the secret weapons used to destroy the empire tried to profit off of them, but the weapons were never widely used because the guns had too high of a chance to explode killing the user. They then tried to profit off of the explosives that destroyed the Empire’s castle but the species that assisted in making it refused to create anymore because they were scared of its power. In the end they were able to resist being destroyed by the Empire but the Kingdom was now in a decline because they traded most of its food away for guns that were just as likely to kill your own army as they were to kill the enemy.

After the continental war a new event had surprised many people. For some reason many of the children born after the war were Spirits and this only served to further increase people’s desires to mix magic and technology to create Magicraft. Kingdoms soon started to seek out even the weakest of mages in order to benefit off of this new market.

The majority of kingdoms started creating schools where they would teach the new generation about the many ways magic can be used. Though of course because of stubborn pride almost every kingdom had at least two magic academies. One for nobles and one for commoners. Every child with the ability to use magic was forced to attend for at least four years but they could attend longer to get better education as long as they had the money.

As more opportunities opened up for commoners they were granted more of an influence in governmental affairs. New technology like the printing press was used to grant commoners more opportunities to learn how to read. With books quickly becoming widespread ideas and stories were easier to learn about, quickly promoting creative changes in many individuals.

Watching over all these changes was the Spirit Monarch. They were glad that their plan of having the Great Earth Spirit help a country create weapons to end the continental war had worked. The Spirit Monarch was also the one who had ordered the Great Spirits to increase the Spirits they made this year because too many had died during the long series of wars.

With the major problems in the continent being settled the Spirit Monarch went back to sleep as they continued to wait for the person they desired.

I've decided to just keep the name Empire but I'd like you guys to give me two more names for kingdoms. One can be anything you want but I'd like one of them to be a name related to dragons with either its meaning or it just being named after a dragon in popular fiction.

16