Chapter 25: Fanghammer
342 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aidan offers me something, wrapped in black cloth. The yellow stone around us fades away. Four warriors fight a giant, four armed statue in front of us, targeting its legs to cripple it. They look pathetic. It is long, and thick at the base, and when I put my hand on it, and he releases, I realize why he was holding it so close to his body. It’s enormously heavy, and I cut the black cloth with my claws to unveil it.

I hold the handle of a mighty hammer, as long as a man. I look at Aidan. “I was going to use this… put at least my strength to use. But you’re the strongest here, now, as much as I hate to admit it. This is a Fanghammer, passed down from the generations of Werewolves, said only to belong, only to be wielded, by a child of the werewolves that became something more. A Wolfheart. It’s the only one this clan managed to hold onto.”

I bring it up - it’s heavy, I can feel it is, and in my old life, I wouldn’t have even been able to lift it. Now though… I am strong. I can be mighty. I have been given everything, and I have been passive, weak, cowardly. A body that, so far, that seems to be unequalled in speed or strength, a way to improve myself further, and the blessing of a God who seems to want only for me to make myself who I want to be.

I want to be a king. I want to hold everything in my hands, and let nothing escape. Surely, everything should be mine?

ALERT: TRAIT OF LUST UNLOCKED: CLAIM
ALERT: FANGHAMMER OF THE LAST WARRIORS OBTAINED. WOLFHEART BLOOD DETECTED.

I feel the hammer shimmer in my hands, though nobody else seems to notice. I see cracks form and then repair in the mirror-black finish of the large almost brick-like head of the axe. The handle is sleek and thick.

“It’s not made from anything we can reproduce. It’s not exactly metal either.” He sighs. “It’s yours, if you help us get out.”

I smile. “It is already mine. I can feel it.” Without another word, I move forwards, swift and powerful, feeling all my muscles tighten as my body hurtles towards the stone statue. I move past all the wolves, and place my foot in front of the statue as it brings a scythe down towards me. I put the hammer to the side, and the handle sings with joy as the scythe tries to bite into it.

I bring out my leg, and kick the statue in the shin. It topples to one knee, and I bring the hammer upwards, smashing the top of the thick hammerhead into it’s chin. It falls backwards, and I do not hesitate a moment to clambor on top and raise the hammer up, bringing it down with everything I have. It makes a crater in the statue’s chest, and cracks run along the warped stone, spreading up and up until the entire thing crumbles into chunks of stone.

I’ve been denying myself the joy of fighting, the joy of fighting an enemy and defeating them. I’ve denied myself the joy I feel when I take something. I understand now what the god wanted from me, why I am cursed. It relates to my own nature. Lust is not just sex - it never has been. Lust is the desire to take something, to take whatever you want. I know the name of this hammer - it speaks to me. As I brought it down upon my enemy, I felt the pleasure, the same thing I have when I rape. It’s not just orgasm - it’s lust, concentrated and brought to the surface, a great feeling of taking what I need.

Yes, this hammer is unique, and it was destined for me. I think the god has had some fingers in this pie for a long time. The name of this hammer. Desire. When I take, it shudders, like it too joins me in pleasure.

I whisper a silent thanks to the god, and then I look further down the stone hallway, and I continue. As if hypnotized by my newfound desire, the other wolves of the path walk with me, and I roar loudly, as does the pack.

ALERT: 13 CREATURES HAVE JOINED YOUR PACK. BEASTMASTER PASSIVES APPLIED. ALL ATTRIBUTES OF PACK RAISED BY 30%.

The cape of Pakarri reforms, and I feel them chomping at the bit to eat something. Two Vaalosaurs romp up behind me, and I had forgotten I even brought them. I will them to move forward, and they do. The werewolves follow them, with me at the very front.

It’s time to cut the bullshit and clear this dungeon.

10