Chapter 2 Purchasing Channels
254 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Please turn the picker wheel,” the system said.

“Sure.” Since he had even managed to transmigrate just in time, his luck naturally would not be too bad.

He forcefully shook the wheel, and the picker wheel started turning rapidly at once.

“Mythical beasts, mythical beasts, mythical beasts!” Loren shouted with all his might in his heart.

However, as the wheel slowed down, the pointer gradually moved away from the panel of mythical beasts.

Elixirs.

Although he did not get mythical beasts, elixirs were good as well.

Loren comforted himself, then he heard something that almost made him swear out loud.

“The Elixir Purchasing Channel has been activated. The host’s Shopkeeper’s Level is insufficient. Activating the Ordinary Elixir Pool.”

“System, I need an explanation for that,” Loren bellowed out in his mind with a dark expression on his face.

The system did not reply to him immediately. It simply brought up another panel.

[Host: Loren Quest]

[Shopkeeper Level: Level 1]

[Number of stores owned: One store]

[Purchasing Channel: Ordinary Elixir Pool]

[Review: Rookie shopkeeper (A shopkeeper who is barely considered to own a store. There is no lower title for a shopkeeper like that.)]

“Please note that the Shopkeeper Level will determine the grade of your purchasing channels,” the system said.

“How do I upgrade my Shopkeeper Level?” Loren asked curiously. He could not resist complaining about the words in the Review section.

“Once the required volume of purchase and sales have been achieved, the Level-Up Mission will automatically be activated. Once you have completed the mission, you will be able to upgrade your Shopkeeper Level,” the system said.

Loren slapped himself twice and said, “Help me open the Ordinary Elixir Pool.”

Suddenly, an altar-like object materialized in Loren’s mind. The types of elixirs that could be drawn from the pool, as well as their respective probabilities of being drawn, were written on the altar.

He found the words “For every ten elixirs drawn, a premium elixir will be drawn” the most irresistible.

‘What kind of trashy local mobile phone game pool system is this!’

Loren suppressed his anger and continued reading.

An elixir could be drawn at the cost of one gold coin…

“System, is this the purchasing channel that you were referring to?” Loren did not dare to believe his eyes.

“If you want to top-up the number of gold coins, you just need to silently read out the amount you would like to top-up. The system will automatically deduct the payment from you,” the system said.

This was the very embodiment of a trashy mobile phone game.

Loren touched his pocket. He was left with five gold coins.

That was Loren’s only remaining savings.

Loren gritted his teeth and muttered, “System, I would like to top-up five gold coins.”

“The payment has been deducted,” the system said.

The corresponding lottery button appeared underneath the pool.

Loren touched his pocket. The five gold coins had already vanished.

He resolutely pressed on the button labeled “Five lottery draws”.

Vital Energy Restoration Elixir. Vital Energy Restoration Elixir. Vital Energy Restoration Elixir. Wound Healing Elixir. Wound Healing Elixir.

Five ordinary-grade elixirs.

[Vital Energy Restoration Elixir: After using the elixir, a small amount of one’s power will be quickly restored. There is no use limit.]

[Wound Healing Elixir: After using the elixir, a small amount of your health points will be quickly restored. There is no use limit.]

‘Weren’t these red and blue bottles of the lowest grade in mobile phone games?’

“System, is it really safe to ingest the elixirs that I’ve drawn?” Loren asked seriously.

“Products of the system are all of a premium grade!” The system announced.

‘What use is there in shouting out a motto like that?’

Loren looked at the five porcelain bottles in the warehouse. He knew that he had no choice but to believe in the system.

Loren accepted his fate and placed the five porcelain bottles onto the stock rack in the store. He then sat down and waited for guests to arrive.

It had been three days, and not a single person had visited the store.

Loren turned to look at the prices written on the stock rack.

Each elixir cost ten spirit crystals.

What was a spirit crystal? That was a form of currency that was much rarer than gold coins. It could only be produced from the spirit crystal mines.

A spirit crystal was equivalent to a hundred gold coins. Nobody would be willing to make such an exchange.

A gold coin could allow a family of three to eat well for up to a month.

5