Chapter 42 The Three Mercenary Groups
143 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next up for him was to collect materials from Cloud Forest.

Loren looked at Cloud Forest outside of Cloud City once again.

“I should collect the materials by tonight so that it does not affect the shop opening tomorrow.”

No longer the shopkeeper who was powerless before this, Loren would inevitably be a little excited. Although his strength was gained after dying countless times in the trial space, he felt powerful nonetheless.

“Let the magical beasts taste my anger.”

[System: Mission Item: Material Synthesizer (one-time usage) has been awarded. Host, please acknowledge.]

…...

Cloud Forest at night was way more dangerous than the day.

Those beasts were more aggressive at night and way vicious compared to during the daytime.

“Light the fire and set up camp. Team 1 and 2 will take turns to guard and prevent the beasts from sneaking up.” Blood Hound assigned the tasks accordingly.

The members of Blood Hound’s team immediately started to work on their tasks.

Camping in the wild was a common occurrence for veteran mercenary squads. After all, there was often time to spend the night in the wild for long-distance escort missions.

The campfire was lit, and the orange flame dissipated the darkness of the night.

Blood Hound found a spot and sat by the campfire.

A bald and sturdy man walked over and sat on the ground with his greatsword by the fire. “Boss, Yvie Leah’s squad seemed to have accepted this mission as well.”

“It is not surprising for them to accept the mission. If Yvie Leah’s squad manages to get the mercenary points from the mission, then they will be the number one squad in Cloud City.” Blood Hound said as he looked into the fire.

The Grumpy Bear Mercenary Group was the first group to enter Cloud Forest. The news of the rank-and-class Warcraft was brought back by them. Unfortunately, the members of the mercenary squad also suffered hefty losses.

“As for other mercenary squads, there is nothing to be worried about.”

Blood Hound threw a few branches into the fire as he spoke.

The branches that were still wet, roasted by the flames, and white smoke aroused.

The sturdy bald man said while staring at the white smoke, "Boss, I heard that the low-ranking squads of the mercenary union are forming a temporary coalition. Grumpy Bear will be holding the commander position for the time being."

“Since when is Grumpy Bear capable, considering the losses suffered by his mercenary group, which once had the highest number of members?" Blood Hound sneered disdainfully.

Grumpy Bear’s group, Blood Hound’s squad, and Yvie Leah’s squad were the top three strongest mercenary groups.

Yvie’s squad was the weakest among the three groups and also had the least number of members. However, the capabilities of each member of the team were considered the strongest among the rest.

Blood Hound’s squad had a lot more people, but they were still on the elite route.

As for Grumpy Bear’s squad, the strength of the mercenary group was due to the sheer large number of people.

This was the reason the people from Blood Hound would respect the members of Yvie Leah’s squad but not Grumpy Bear’s group.

”Alright, we will continue to explore the depths of Cloud Forest tomorrow. Have a good rest tonight.” Blood Hound waved his hand and stopped the brawny bald man from trying to speak.

“Boss, you should rest earlier too. Our task tomorrow is dependent on you." The sturdy bald man nodded, grabbed the greatsword beside him, and walked into his tent.

With a stalk of grass in his mouth, Blood Hound fixed his eyes on the campfire.

The orange-red flame could cover up many things in the night, which included those dark green eyes in the depth of the forest.

…...
Read all chapters free on Meganovel:https://m.meganovel.com/book_info/31000145164/System/ShopkeeperOfTheGodlySystemOfAllRealms

5