CHAPTER 6: Vahaya
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The thunderstorm has stopped, and the majority of Vahaya sighed in relief. The sunny weather they usually were so tired off became exceptionally likable. Many caravans hurried to take care of their inventory. Unexpectedly, just after noon, the sky became dark again and then another wave of rain and lightning covered Vahaya.

This rainstorm was not as strong as the one last night, but it lingered and did not show any signs of stopping soon. The streets were veiled and hard to see through, covered in smoke and rain, once again.

In the south of Vahaya, there was a structure built like a monastery that took up multiple acres.

The Zohan Dynasty rewarded those who won. Someone who could killed one leader of the enemy would be given a baron title, nine acres of land. Those who killed two thousand could enjoy the taxes of three hundred households.

So the majority of Vahaya's residences, and the residences of soldiers, were extremely and unusually large. Vahaya expanded outwards again and again. This structure in the south of Vahaya was actually not large in comparison. Yet except for the rare few in the palace, the nobility in the Zohan Dynasty were filled with great wariness and terror towards this place.

Because this was where the Divine Service was located.

The majority of the Zohan Dynasty investigations relied on the Astrology Bureau. The Sword Bureau had thousands of members in every locality, and each official also had numerous subordinates under them. They did not need to report their cases to the other bureaus and would directly report to the emperor, so the power of the Sword Bureau was slightly above the other bureaus.

Yet Service Divine Bureau was an abnormality. The Service Divine Bureau only had a hundred or so registered officials, not even a tenth of Sword Bureau. They usually performed investigations and observations. However, the people they investigated and observed were officials, cultivators, and those who may become cultivators.

In other words, the Service Divine Bureau was the secret agency that His Majesty the Emperor and the three prime ministers used to spy on the officials and the cultivators.

Also, all officials in Service Divine Bureau were "subject orphans." They were the children of dead generals and soldiers. These people did not have many connections. They did not have many relations for people to threaten so they were even colder and more emotionless than ordinary people.

In the eyes of most officials and cultivators, the Service Divine Bureau was even more terrifying than the Sword Bureau.

Konahata was in one of the study rooms in the Service Divine Bureau. Unlike usual, his slightly plump body gave off a faint tang of blood. His oily face did not have any smile, but an imperceptible 

vulgarity.

This kind of vulgarity caused even some of the insects that lived in the surrounding yards to disappear.

The cause of his bad mood was the Sword Bureau's Captain Soo.

Last night, Sword Captain Soo killed the tenth student of the Sword Devo's, Sado Dang, with one blow. She had plucked out a thorn in the throat of the Great Zohan, something everyone should be proud of. However, there was proof showing the official of the Service Divine Bureau, Chen Xan, had not died by Sado Dang's hand, but by her hand.

The officials of Service Divine Bureau were responsible for supervising the officials as they conducted their business. Chen Xan was a cultivator with a good future, and after killing Chen Xan, Sword Bureau Captain Soo, and the other academia of the Sword Bureau did not even clean up the wound son Chen Xan's corpse.

This meant that they did not even try to conceal it.

Sword Bureau Captain Soo was too arrogant!

What made him even more angry was the Service Divine Bureau had been the one to detect Sado Dang. While Sado Dang was dead, there were three more disciples of the Dang Sword Devo's still alive, and many more survivors of the country of Dang still existing. originally, according ot the Service Divine Bureau's plan, after killing Sado Dang, they would expose his corpse at the market and lure out more survivors of the country of Han. But Soo decided to bury Sado Dang with honors, and even received the emperor's silent agreement. This caused much of  Service Divine Bureau's efforts and their future plans to all turn to nothing.

At this time, following a rhythmic knock, Zohan Sikon walked into this room and in front of his desk.

"konahata, did you learn?"

Konahata raised his head, suppressed his anger and asked in a low voice.

Zohan Sikon nodded cautiously and directly said, "The Zahan Marquessate has given us a clear answer. That youth of the Zahan Marquessate Establishment wine shop has great talent, but has the rare physique of excessive yang."

Konahata frowned. "What is the excessive yang physique?"

"A kind of body where one has too much yang energy." Zohan Sikon explained in detail, "This kind of body would have much more energy in the organs than ordinary people. Like a fire burning too hot, ordinary people with this kind of physique will have a body in decline during their youth."

Konahata's expression became slightly ugly. "In other words, their fire burns too hot and burns away their blood?"

"About the same. However, too much fire normally can be treated by medicine. But this physique is one that even Zahan Hansu cannot deal with, or rather, even if he has that kind of spirit energy medicine and treasure, it is not worthwhile to use them on this person." Zohan t nodded. His eyes were filled with sympathy and regret because he knew just how difficult it was for someone with an ordinary birth to enter the eyes of major personages.

That youth from commoner wine Shop, from a certain viewpoint, possessed the ability to reach the heavens with one step. But because of his physique, he was fated to continue existing in that poor alleyway.

Konahata had been in his prestigious position for many years so he naturally did not feel as emotional as Zohan Sikon who was still trying to climb up the ranks.

Since this youth could not become a cultivator, this youth would not become someone useful to the Service Divine Bureau. He shook his head minutely and then threw the case file of the youth into a trash and burn it used specifically to burn case files.

The bright red flames licked at the edge of the trash. Konahata  was silent for a long moment. However, Konahata did not immediately leave as he expected so he looked up again at Zohan Sikon.

"uhm..Sir, there is a problem with Chen Xan's identity." Konahata continued to speak, his voice low. If one did not listen closely, they would not be able to hear.

Konahata's eyes narrowed as he asked in puzzlement, "We are not familiar with  Chen Xan, but I know his birth and friends, family, where is the problem?"

Konahata said, "There is nothing wrong with his birth. But he just agreed to a marraige with the Yun Marquessate. If there had been no accident, this winter, he would have married into Yun Marquessate."

"Married into Yun Marquessate?"

Konahata's pupils uncontrollably contracted and he felt a burst of cold.

In the Zohan Dynasty, the only path to being ennobled was based on their military service

Those that enjoyed the taxes of five thousand households, and thousands of acres of land were marquesses.

To get five hundred households, one needed to kill three thousand enemies. How much service was needed for five thousand households? Even people who did not know how to count could guess the terrifying number needed.

So there were only thirteen marquesses in the Zohan Dynasty.

Three prime ministers, two bureaus, thirteen marquesses. These thirteen marquesses, the two bureau chiefs, and the three mysterious prime ministers were at the top of this powerful dynasty.

A grimace slowly appeared at the corner of Konahata's mouth.

He once again grabbed  a case file and threw it into the trash and burn him next to him.

Regardless of whether the most powerful person in the Service Divine Bureau, the one in the innermost room, Bureau leader Morih, knew that Chen Xan was marrying into the Yun Marquessate Family or not, regardless of whether Bureau leader Morih had arranged it, since this matter already reached the level of Bureau leader Morih and the Yun Marquessate, his anger and displeasure towards Soo was meaningless.

The rain continued to strike.

The limited number of guests in the wine shop left after the usual lunch hour. Yuuma moved a brown chair to sit down under the eaves by the door. Then he watched the rain as he ate soup noddles.

The soup noodles were mixed with meat pieces of dried fish and pickled cabbage. The pieces of fish were irregular and unattractive, but the pickled cabbage was abundant and full of flavor. The soup was thick and a layer of bright oil floated at the top, making people feel that this would be flavorful.

Yuuma sedately finished eating. After drinking half a bowl of the soup, he washed the bowl. He called to Wenzy Zohan in the back yard, put on a pair of old grass shoes, opened an old umbrella and walked into the rain.

At the entrance to commoner wine Shop, a camper passed by him, the drivers habitually mumbling and cursing the sky as they wore their straw rain capes.

Yuuma smiled slightly.

It really was not a pleasant matter to travel in these streets filled with chicken manore and other odors. This suddenly rain was a blessing to him. The rain could block many people's gazes and senses, could wash away many traces, and could make this opportunity he waited for so long to become even more perfect for his first revenge.

Yuuma was preparing for his first revenge for his memory called 'master' to give a justice and the previous owner body, now Yuuma is using it.

So even though his grass shoes were soaked and uncomfortable, he was in a pleased mood.

In a pleasant mood, he walked towards the black Market at the eastern edge of Vahaya.

The enormous Hanya River passed through the Zohan Dynasty's territories and spilled into the Eastern Sea. This enormous river did not just nurture the great majority of farming fields of the Zohan Dynasty, it allowed the ships of the Zohan Dynasty to explore and reach the island nations. Some cultivators could even obtain rare treasures from overseas. When the enormous Hanya River reached Vahaya, it split into several branches. The source of the river could be traced back to the edge of the Zohan Dynasty, the Winter Mountains.

The black Market of Vahaya was located on the two sides of the smallest branch of the Hanya River, the Eastern Zohan River.

This little river just a dozen meters wide had been dammed due to the need for agriculture fields. Some of it had been turned into fish ponds, and some people built a market on top of it.

all market in the Eastern Zohan was 

for lowly human and majority cultvator important meet.

These markets were markets for the ships that could not maneuver onto land. Yet over time, countless huts build up on the shores. The roofs and signs of these huts covered the sky. Hidden underneath that layer were countless passageways. Even between the water surface and the mud were many foot bridges, some crude wood bridges, plants. Some smaller ships and even big wooden buckets became transportation tools here and caused the location to become even more complicated.

When the light was dim, and a person looked down from the tall center of the market, the market deep down at the center was like a ghost town filled with fire and shadows in the abyss.

This market without its end in in sight was the black Market. Ordinary people, and even the majority of cultivators could get anything they wanted here.

While Yuuma going to black to kill a person.

0