CHAPTER 18: Carriage
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two tall horses that pulled this carriage had strange yellow hides and were unusually clean. They shone was though they had been rubbed with wax. The cabin of the carriage was made from first class wood and the surfaces carved with patterns that overlapped each other and embedded with red-jade and gold.

Even the driver of the carriage was a yellow-robed swordsman with a sword at his waist.

This swordsman was elegant and noble, heavy browed and bright-eyed. His Gray long-hair fell behind him with two locks tied up loosely behind him by a black cloth strip in the middle and the other strands of hair remained loose. The hair would not reach the sides of his face even in the wind. This kind of adornment caused him to appear free and casual.

He looked just in his twenties, but his actions appeared very steady. When the carriage reached the wine shop, it stopped next to a Commoner Wine by the wall. After making sure that he wouldn’t affect the passage of other people, this yellow-robed swordsman slowly walked into the wine shop.

Yuuma looked at this yellow-robed swordsman brimming with elegant nobility and his eyebrows rose. With a glance, he saw the talisman hanging off the jade hilt of the swordsman’s sword and knew the origins of this uninvited guest. He realized that this uninvited guest was related to the unknown Puhan person who had come here not long ago.

The alley was short. So while the yellow-robed swordsman’s actions were calm and elegant, when he walked into the wine shop, and appeared in Yuuma’s field of view, Han Gin had just managed to recover and took a breath to speak.

Wenzy Zohan’s gaze landed on this swordsman.

Everyone’s gaze unconsciously landed on this swordsman.

Han Gin was about to speak but was interrupted by the arrival of this swordsman. He paused and naturally felt displeased.

The Yellow-robed swordsman saw so many students in the wine shop and stilled slightly. When he looked at Wenzy Zohan, his eyes showed a clear hint of shock.

In the next moment, he kept his composure as he bowed slightly to Wenzy Zohan. He said, "This one is Ye Bung, in the service of Yelingju. Greetings to Miss Wenzy Zohan."

Han Gin’s expression suddenly changed.

Nangdong Shuna’s eyebrows rose like two small swords.

 Zan Weng snorted slightly.

The students around them reacted differently, but murderousness rose in everyone’s eyes.

Because this was related to the humiliation of the Zohan Dynasty.

Yelingju was that Puhan hostage prince traded for seven hundred square miles of Zohan's land.

These youths of Vahaya would become famed cultivators in the future. They carried a burden unlike the common and poor people. Without needing the provocation of any words, they already felt enmity.

Unlike those ordinary common people, each of them knew that Yelingju was not an ordinary person.

Other than his status as the son of the king, Yelingju’s history could be described as "sterile".

His mother had been a musician of the palace and favored by the Puhan King. She birthed Yelingju, yet in the years after, because she verbally offended the Puhan King, she was killed.

In order to avoid seeing him, the Puhan King bestowed upon him a piece of land no one wanted to send off Yelingju far from him. Supposedly, that was the result of people in court trying to urge him. Otherwise, with the Puhan King’s personality, he may have used a secret decree to send Yelingju to follow his dead mother.

Even though the lands Yelingju held were far from the capital of the Puhan Dynasty to the point people forgot about him, when the Puhan Dynasty needed a prince as hostage to trade for the cities of the Zohan Dynasty, the Puhan King immediately thought of him!

Everyone knew that the outcomes for hostages were mostly terrible.

To those kings who had countless troops and cultivators, when war started, they would not care about the life and death of a son they disliked.

However, as a Puhan person who came from afar and did not have much wealth, in less than a decade in Vahaya, Yelingju became an important person.

He had more than a thousand dependents, including hundreds of cultivators.

No one knew how he was able to slowly climb from the position of a throw-away to his present status in Vahaya. However, everyone was sure that he must have some traits other people could not rival.

For the academy students who had not reached such a level, they naturally felt respect and awe towards someone like this.

As this Ye Bong, this cultivator in the service of Yelingju spoke, Zan Weng and the others looked back at Wenzy Zohan again.

Unexpectedly, Wenzy Zohan didn't not say anything.

She appeared like a celestial who walked out of a painting, frowning slightly before turning to walk back into the courtyard.

Even Ye Bung paused at such a response.

Zang Weng also stilled at Wenzy Zohan’s actions but then he saw Ye Bung’s slightly awkward expression. This proud youth, who came from a prestigious family, felt pleased inside.

He suddenly laughed, his eyes squeezing together. The scorn in his eyes grew even greater.

"You think you can frighten people with Yelingju. However Yelingju is not a marquis of Vahaya. Otherwise, Miss Wenzy Zohan might pay attention to you."

Yuuma looked calmly at Zang Weng. He felt that this proud youth with many shortcomings had great courage. His opinion of Zan Weng immediately grew.

Ye Bung’s hand unconsciously landed on his sword hilt.

Sparrows did not know the ambitions of swans. The two were not of the same world. Detachment and decorum sometimes came from a lack of care. In Ye bung’s mind, these students were not on the same level as him. So his handsome face was expressionless, and he did not show any anger.

To the numerous families of Vahaya, no matter prosperity or decline, Yelingju was an outsider. So no matter how ugly the words of the students were, he would still not care.

But today, Wenzy Zohan was something Yelingju had to obtain. This matter was greatly important so he needed a quiet space to talk. He needed to do something.

His expression did not change. He did not even look at Zan Weng. He only shook his head and said softly. "So young, yet you do not study the sword but do unnecessary things."

Zan Weng was very young.

He and Yuuma were about the same height and similarly slim. Even the robes he wore were slightly loose. When he smiled as he usually did, he could be described as adorable.

Yet he already became a cultivator.

The surrounding people who were familiar with Zan Weng stopped breathing for a moment when they heard Ye bung’s words.

Cold spread through the air.

Zan Weng”s small face turned frosty. He was silent for many seconds. Then he raised his head slightly, looked at Ye Bung, and shook his head. He said, "I hope that your sword will let me feel you qualify to say such things."

Ye bung smiled slightly.

He did not say anything.

Yet a strange presence suddenly expanded outwards from him.

A wind suddenly rose in the wine shop.

All the students stopped breathing.

Ye bung still did not move. But the energies of the universe which came out of him grew stronger.

ting..pew..dang....

Many minuscule wind tunnels formed around him. Countless gusts of energies of the universe blew outwards. Even though this kind of speed was very gentle in the eyes of cultivators, the great power caused the surrounding tables and chairs to move outwards.

Zan Weng’s eyes grew colder, and his expression started to turn pale.

His robes and the robes of all the students flapped in the wind.

This was fourth realm.

Only cultivators who reached fourth realm could fuse primal energies in their vital energy during their normal cultivation.

Nangdong Shuna’s eyelashes fluttered. She was angry but also helpless.

However, at this time, Ye bung’s presence started to weaken.

A dam seemed to build up inside his body and give off a strange sound.

"I am older than you. If I subdue you using my cultivation, I think you will not accept it."

Ye bung looked calmly at these Vahaya students and said coolly, "Who is the strongest among you... I can suppress my own cultivation to the same realm as him. If he can win over me, I will apologize and leave. But if I win, please leave immediately."

in the inside become coldly and staring at him.

"Go out to avoid messing things up. And it take effort to clean." Yuuma said.

0