Author’s Notes (Volume 1)
709 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, how are you? I am the author of this story, just call me Siegburn.

I'm going to tell you a little bit about my work [World Ixion/SAGA].

It all started when I finished reading volume 2 of a web novel called [The world of otome games is a tough for mobs] and I liked it so much, that it inspired me to write my own story (just in case I'm not trying to make a plagiarism or a weird fanfic) and so I spent a year developing the story in my free time before this virus hit us. No doubt it was very sad and bad for everyone and those who lost someone important my condolences.

This story is not complete (by hand) only in my head it is. As you may have read the story is about a young man who dies and is reincarnated in a fantasy world... I know what you are thinking "just another generic isekai of the bunch". Well, let me tell you something young man, if you put your heart into it, every story is good. And in this case I made it isekai thanks to Lord Basuma who talks about how cliché and generic his life is, that's what I try to do and hope to achieve.

I will continue with the story. Originally the story was similar, but dealt with different plot.

The Protagonist (Rudel) died and reincarnated in a world called Ixion where they used magic to move giant golems, his world was also a game and coincidentally he was the worst obstacle (a stalker) for the real protagonist to save the world ending up dead (Rudel) in the process and becoming a lich. Remembering that Rudel would try to avoid that outcome and not die trying.

That was what the story was about, but the ideas I had for the arcs didn't square with what I was thinking and I had to rearrange ideas several times and that was annoying.

In the end I gave up until one day a friend sent me a link to a manga that inspired me to continue my story and give it a total reboot, it was called [Akuma Bengoshi Kukabara] about a demon who wants to be a lawyer and defend the innocent, people who go to hell don't believe him, but it's his only hope to get into heaven.

That's how the story you can read was born.

Now about the name.

The world is about the world that our beloved false protagonist will get to know.

The Ixion is about the machine that happens with our protagonist throughout his life and he will take an important action at the end. As a fact of interest, the name of its origin is based on a cat named Nix (who died to my grandmother) and a musical group called man with a mission, but this if I would be cheeky and I changed it.

And finally the saga is about the meaning of literary works by its expansion of events and development.

A friend told me that there is an anime with a similar name and I told him "it's real son" when I saw it. But I told him it wasn't theft or anything since I had never met them before he mentioned it to me.

The characters

Let's talk a bit about the characters starting with our fake protagonist.

Rudel

What can we say about him? He is just as I describe him and he acts, someone who had a terrible life and a terrible and cruel death, to then wake up in a fantasy world where they use magic, but they are not called magicians and where they use some golems of different types of use. What an evolution between feudalism, modernism and futurism XD. His personality was of someone submissive at first, but then he had a total super change, from someone who was a "good morning lady, God bless you" ah "what the hell is wrong with you, get out of my way!" is because he had it in for that, like the otaku in the living room that you throw a coke on him and he laughs, but inside he's killing you.

But don't think he's a bad guy, it's just that's his true character that got released after he got filthy rich.

When I was developing the story I told it to a friend and he said (what many people think maybe) "if Rudel is the villain, why doesn't he know it? He could indirectly unintentionally or perhaps by mistake do something that would lead to his or others' end. Wouldn't it be better to make him aware of his surroundings?"

I certainly thought about that about 2 months of quarantine and came to the conclusion of I WON'T TELL YOU AS IT WOULD BE SPOILER. The reason if I did think about it and A LOT, but I won't tell it here but in the end of the story where several things will be revealed that have not been explained.

Her relationship with her friends is nothing more than "friendship" and the reason she mentions a triangle is because I'm a big Zelda fan. And I see the relationship of those 3 as the sides of the tri force. That will take on a lot of importance in the future remember that.

The names of the characters, at least some that will be specified throughout the story, will be talked about their meaning and the reason for their name.

To finish with Rudel his appearance is described several times, but just in case his appearance would be a mix between these 2 subjects.

Oga Tatsumi and Hachiman. Between those 2 is the face, personality and aptitude of our fake protagonist.

Between those 2 is the face, personality and aptitude of our fake protagonist.

Ixion

Maybe by saying I was inspired by Otome Mobu to write, you mean I'm plagiarizing the potentially genocidal pokeball that helps the protagonist?

That's a NO, NO, in fact, Ixion's appearance is based on the pods of Nier Automata, and the reason for being spherical and having arms will also be explained later, I can only tell you 2 things: his role is like the fairy that accompanies you in Ocarina of Time and he is secretly an Itachi which is still in process.

That's the reason why this one said things like sabotaging Rudel and thus freeing himself under the contract, but that's where the real question is "which contract?" more of that will also be revealed later.

As an extra fact, yes it was going to look like a pod but then I changed it to the most obnoxious pokémon I could face as a kid, this guy. As another interesting fact his role is very similar to the navigator computer from Wall-E and Doris from the future family, that's all I can say.

Irisdina

She was originally the co-protagonist of the game, her story and origin were very sad according to the developers, that was the reason to meet the protagonist and thus get her happy ending, that was her lore... but once again the bug called Rudel strikes again. It prevented the meeting between her and the main character from happening, maybe the players if they saw that would make them angry, but the reality is that Irisdina is happier than ever and now she is happier thanks to her 2 friends.

The reason why I made her a "good girl" is based on the female characters of Tales of series, there is always a girl like that friendly, but she is more empty than a bottomless hole, that's why I decided to put one and give her more character development. Which hasn't been seen almost because she is attached to Rudel.

Her name originates just as it is mentioned in her chapter, yes, the word dina does not exist, it is part of a Polish sentence which combines very well with her name, and the way of pronouncing it is from English, but many would have been left wondering once again, why Airi? And the answer is because it sounds better.

Her appearance is 100% similar to one of my waifus from a game, she looks exactly as Europa from granblue.

Alicelotte

It is the same case as Rudel, a villain, but in turn, she is just as Erselica describes her in the game. But once again thanks to Rudel's bug it caused something big, her personality never managed to become that horrible woman Erselica talks about.

What's more, she's really just a big girl acting as an adult. I could try to explain her personality among other details, but I'd better leave it for volumes 2 and 3 where more will be said about the ex-villainess.

Her appearance in face and hairstyle is accurate and I can say that she is based both in body and personality of Prince of Wales.

Liam

He is supposed to be the main character of the story that takes place in that world, but due to a bug called Rudel is that he could not stand out or develop well, he is supposed to be the classic autoinsert because of that is that his personality is very childish to the point that he can believe anyone who likes him, I can not say anything else since that is all that has been revealed about him. In case the description is not enough his design would be similar to Kiryuu Ichiru.

Chlust

He is your typical muscular idiot character, he is one of the closest friends of the prince, just like him prince his development consisted of Rudel and his misdeeds, but it never happened. I don't need to say it again or yes, I won't be able to reveal anything about him that hasn't been seen.

With the exception of his appearance which is similar to Kagami Taiga.

Frey

Another more classic, this is the typical handsome character that has airs of greatness, his cute face does not deceive you, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing XD. His face is just a reference, in fact his appearance is very different, 25% is similar to Ukyou from the anime and visual novel called Amnesia.

Erselica

I think you may have asked this question when she was introduced" who the hell is she and how does she know Rudel is a villain?" a friend told me worse LOL. She seems to be someone irrelevant to the plot as it shows, but I'll just say that from volume 2 onwards her presence in the story becomes more so, that I can spoil. It will become a key issue for the future.

Black Thing?

What can we say about this mysterious thing? Again, I can't say, someone or something will take care of explaining this, all I can say is that it is truly something that no one wants to encounter, from what has been seen so far is what I can tell. It was indeed born the same day Rudel was born and it seems to feed on something, what could it be?

If I had to put it in human form it would be something similar to this here but more grotesque and creepy, this thing only thinks of Rudel, who knows, because LOL

Final notes

To finish now, I want to thank you for your support in reading this, I write it as a hobby. But who knows maybe one day it will reach the big screen LOL. Anyway, hope is the last thing to die.

Things that volume 2 will bring:

-Problems everywhere for Rudel and the girls.

-New characters, allies or enemies?

-New obstacles in Rudel's quiet life in his way of not acting as a villain even though his face says otherwise.

-More is said about the archdukes and why Alicelotte was a villain and the consequences it brought.

- The friendship triangle will go through a key moment in their relationship as man and woman!

-The main characters go through a crisis due to lack of development? And it's Rudel's fault?

-And finally, remember these two names that will bring trouble for Rudel in the long run; Erselica and a mysterious guy by the name of "Bandel".

That was all, I'll say goodbye here and see you when I finish and upload volume 2 of World Ixion/SAGA.

Thank you very much for reading volume 1, I look forward to your reviews and critiques.
Volume 2 will start next week!

12