Save 36 – Crossed Destinies
223 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is time to punish Balzac and the other corrupt people, at the same time, it will finally be time to see the "treasure" kept by the royal family.

After leaving the room with Erselica, who I discovered was my cousin from my previous life and that this world was actually a disgusting game. My mood got a little worse.

I went to the palace kitchen to see the order I asked the cooks for. They gave it to me, I thanked them and went to the place where an emergency meeting was being held.

I told Mayer-san in advance to inform the right people so that my performance would be a success.

Ixion informed me that the meeting was just starting and I stood at the door watching from the door what was going on until the exact moment where I, will play my role as the "villain".

◇◇◇

"Marquis Balzac, explain yourself!"

Several ministers were shouting at Marquis Balzac about what had happened. Several members of his faction to save their necks or ask that their punishment be lowered, confessed to much of what the Marquis planned.

His faction consisted of almost 80% of the people in the palace including knights, guards and servants.

If not all of them fled after hearing that there would be war.

Now he was in the hall where the title is given to the nobles.

The King, Leonis and his Queen, Lecia. They were sitting on their thrones waiting for an answer. The Prime Minister was also seated nearby due to his condition.

Siegwald, among other nobles who did not flee and show their loyalty were interrogating the Marquis and the few remaining of his faction.

Several reports detailed grotesque and disgusting occurrences that could not be possible. Among them, that there was no detail of Duke Belmont giving him almost all the power of his faction.

The marquis, Moldred, was sweating and did not know what to answer.

His eyes were full of anger, but not because of the interrogation but because of the traitors and rebels of the Kingsfort Household.

It was then that he came up with a plan.

"Your Majesties and ministers! May I speak?"

Everyone fell silent upon hearing that.

He began to speak.

"Certainly, what is happening now was my fault! But it was because I was being threatened by the Kingsfort and Dixit!"

Both Siegwald and Mayer gave him a disappointed look.

"Please remember! Thanks to whom has the kingdom achieved great changes? Me! It was I who managed in a single generation to become a marquis. I came to have my own faction because of my analytical and diplomatic skills. I am the only one in the history of this kingdom to acquire two titles of minister. Everyone has seen that I started working here from my youth as a servant and in 40 years of hard effort I got to where I am!"

Siegwald did something unthinkable to many, defend him.

"...True that, I more than anyone else remember seeing you standing behind the old boss Kingsfort to be commissioned to wash his clothes at least. But Moldred, do you know what you have done?"

In the same way he answered him.

"Siegwald, between you and me there was always a solid rivalry, but it never went to the extremes of wanting to destroy you."

Alisa's father looked at him with a face that said "that was before, but now I no longer believe you."

Then Moldred turned to Mayer.

"Prime Minister-dono, you know I always wanted to be at the top to prove that one's origin means nothing! That's why I wanted to be prime minister, but believe me that making an attempt on your life is something only vermin like the Kingsfort would do."

Mayer also gave him a stern look.

Everyone was watching him and one man while touching his mustache spoke to him.

"Marquis Balzac, what you say is true, but that does not detract from the fact of your alleged treachery."

Biting his lip that could not be seen thanks to his beard, he answered him.

"It's true, but as I told you, I had no choice but to do it since Kingsfort and Dixit threatened me with false evidence. You're seeing what's going on, Count Roseblaire!"

The man with the mustache and cyan-colored hair added.

"You're trying to say that even if nothing had happened, they would have planted false evidence on you for this situation?"

"That's correct! But right now we shouldn't be talking about my punishment for not saying anything or asking for help. We should be looking for the solution of stopping the attack of those rebels!"

For a moment, almost everyone agreed, punishing the traitor was the least of it. The important thing was what to do because of the slowly advancing enemy fleet.

Their ships are so large and heavy that they fly at a speed similar to that of a snail.

In a few hours, by nightfall at the latest, they would reach the capital to destroy them.

Taking advantage of the situation, Marquis Balzac added.

"We must ask for help from our ally the [Principality of Edinburgh] and use the power of that lost object of Viscount Bradford!"

Hearing him say that, the Queen stood up to correct him very annoyed.

"Marquis aren't you ashamed to not only ask for help from the principality, but also want to use something that doesn't belong to you!!!"

He answered her in a calm tone.

"My queen, did you see what happened out there? That boy-that man destroyed the invaders by using that weapon against them!"

Everyone paid attention to those words that were true.

"We don't know if he wants to take over the kingdom or destroy it! He must be forced to at least hand over his lost object to us, a man like him who possesses neither desire nor ambition is dangerous!"

Again, all were silent, only Siegwald spoke, and not in Rudel's defense.

"I too understand that he Viscount Bradford is a strange man. Any nobleman would be happy to be promoted and receive the benefits. I still remember that after he was promoted, he started crying in a corner."

Comments about Rudel came regardless of faction or whether they cared about his welfare or not.

"It's true, my daughter told me she sent him a letter for a private tea party and he turned her down."

"I heard that he uses his knighthood only to beat up those who look down on him."

"A vassal who works at the academy told me that he spits when he talks about the crown prince or aristocrats."

The lines that left everyone cold were the following.

"My daughter who was graduating this year; she told me that he only shows favoritism and kindness to Duke Bismarck's daughter. Even Count Roseblaire's daughter he does not always invite to his meetings, in fact, only a commoner and the Duke's daughter he invites and no one else."

They all turned their heads to see Siegwald with folded arms and a serious face.

Marquis Balzac smiled wickedly.

"Siegwald, I told you once before. But isn't it convenient that it is justly your daughter who is the viscount's closest and most trusted person?"

Mayer also looked at Alisa's father without even moving.

The King and Queen looked at the situation from their situation, only Lecia felt uneasy about the way he spoke of Alisa as if she was a freeloader.

She had known her since she was a little girl and knew her true feelings.

The problem was that, whether they were true or not, Alisa's family would benefit the most from it.

Without even showing interest, Siegwald said.

"...I said it once and I will say it once more. If something happens between my daughter and that boy, it would be up to them. If by chance they end up in a committed relationship, their children, my grandchildren would be the only beneficiaries of it and not me."

So he said. That was the truth. The problem in it was that, according to the law, no one but the children could inherit the treasures of the father or mother, but there is no law that says that grandchildren or parents can give part of their inheritance to other relatives.

For that reason, the obligation was made for all nobles according to their rank to have more than one wife.

When Rudel marries and has children, that is where the problem would come.

Marquis Balzac was the first to know how dangerous Rudel was.

Even if his words are a lie, what he says is true.

He who inherits Rudel's lost object will have the power to destroy and rule anyone. And, coincidentally, the Bismarck family has a daughter who is the best friend of that person.

The Marquis wanted to destroy both that Household and Rudel as they are more dangerous than anyone thinks.

Lecia was going to defend Alisa, as it was impossible that a girl raised to serve and protect the royal family would cause a coup d'état.

"My, my, you sure have some balls to speak ill of me and my best friends, eh?"

The door opened abruptly and Rudel walked in speaking very rudely.

Everyone noticed him and quieted down.

In his right hand he had a sandwich and in the other a bottle of wine, the aroma was very strong, but Rudel was spitting out alcohol for some reason so he asked the cooks to make him some very concentrated grape and plum juice to pretend it was alcohol.

His shirt had drops of whatever he drank and they fell on it.

He would eat in a very wild manner and traces of food would fall on the floor as he talked with his mouth open.

"Don't play dumb, listen to everything! Alisa taking advantage of me? Giving her preferential treatment? Having only the two of them by my side? ...So what about that, you bunch of idiots!"

Rudel walked almost staggering as if he was drunk, it was an act, a very bad one, but his way of expressing himself made it go unnoticed. He was even acting as was his original role unintentionally.

He walked knocking over some ministers until he reached the staircase where the King and Queen were a few feet up.

He sat down with his legs spread wide after falling down and gave a big belch.

They all stood watching, the knights doing nothing on Mayer's orders who said earlier, whatever happened, don't move.

Once again he took his drink and shouted at them things one should never say.

"Listen to me, I'll say it once only! They are the only people who have ever treated me well, and if I want to repay their kindness with gifts it's my problem! I'm sorry your daughters are horrible on the inside and stuck-up bitches on the outside."

Everyone gave Rudel a dirty look no matter what faction they were from.

"It bothers them that my lost object is mine alone and no one else's! That's why they're afraid of me! But what do you idiots think, you shouldn't be afraid of me, I'm harmless!"

There was one or the other who wanted to say "nobody believes you!".

She wiped off the remains of the drink and threw the bottle towards Siegwald's feet. He just looked at Rudel.

"It is obvious that when I have children I will give them Battler and Brunhilde! But it's not out of obligation or inheritance, but because I would love them and I want my things to be taken care of by people I will have raised not to do bad things unlike what you would do."

Many stared at him and no one spoke.

"Besides, how much trouble do you guys have with Alisa and I. We're just-"

For some reason, Rudel was quiet for a moment and an image of a blonde-haired girl smiling popped into his head and he resumed what he said.

"...Friends."

"You must not think that there is something secret between Siegwald and me. Since, who would want to have that guy as a father-in-law? Hahaha!"

Many ministers had their eyes widened. Even Mayer had them wide open as this was not part of the performance.

"How can they think I would like to have a father-in-law who is capable of using his own daughter to try to destroy a Household of traitors?"

Many looked at Siegwald he which did not change his expression.

"I would like to have a girl like his daughter as a wife indeed. She's beautiful, she makes me laugh, and most of all, she has huge breasts for a teenager! I want to know what the hell they were feeding her to thank them for that view!?"

Now the one who would open her mouth at what she heard was Lecia who had her eyes rolling. Mayer was covering his face from what he heard.

"Leaving aside about how much I would like to have a wife like her or Airi. The main issue is about you guys, what the hell do you plan to do about what you provoked?"

This time the one who spoke was none other than Mayer.

"Rudel-kun. what do you mean by that?"

Without even looking at him and with a wicked smile, Rudel's real plan began.

"It's just as you heard. This all happened because of you; your incompetence, selfishness, greed for power and betrayal caused not only the Kingsfort to get away with it, but you also got several idiots to run away. But what do you think, all that was going to happen anyway since-!"

Rudel had this thought before he finished the tip of his insult.

(The name of this country has a certain similarity to a word from my previous life and that is...).

"Both you and this country have the same name Old fucks! You heard it, it all happened because some old fucks thought of themselves and that brought all these misfortunes, hahaha you deserve it, you idiots~."

Rudel stuck out his tongue and wiggled it just like a snake. Many shouted angrily at him.

"How dare this kid insult us?"

"Someone arrest him for disrespect!"

"I don't support the marquis, but he's right - this individual doesn't deserve to have that lost item!"

"The way you talk about your country, are you even a patriot?"

He stopped his laughter at hearing that he was not a patriot, it was there that his villainous face made a very frightening expression.

"Patriot, me? Of course you are, I'm here for a reason, I'm here for a reason, you bunch of assholes, to save your asses as well as the country!"

This time it was the queen who spoke, though her tone was one of indignation.

"I appreciate that you wish to help us viscount, but how will you do it?"

Rudel stood up, extended his hand to form a fist as if in a fighting pose and said.

"Simple. give me complete control of the forces of this realm and make me the supreme commander of the entire fleet!"

Everyone, no matter who they were, reacted to something that was not part of the plan.

"Rudel-kun, what are you saying!" shouted Mayer after standing up.

"Viscount are you sane?" So did the queen.

Everyone shouted at him "it's impossible for a child to become supreme commander!", and others "he's not only disrespectful, he's also crazy!".

Instead, Rudel thought.

(Hey! Is there really such a title? I said it just to say...).

This time the one who spoke was the Marquis Balzac himself.

"You see! I told you, it's dangerous! No one who is not dangerous would say such absurd things."

Many wanted to tell him it was true, but they kept it to themselves since what he said mattered more to them.

A minister on behalf of the Marquis faction spoke up.

"Can you really save us, Viscount Bradford?"

That word made all those who did not flee in search of a salvation occur, that salvation was in front of them and it had a bad mouth.

Rudel holding out both hands as if he were some kind of messiah.

"Of course. Only I can save them, I only ask for the full power of the armed forces and..."

Rudel's hand pointed towards the window.

"Freedom. I want, as a reward, to be stripped of my noble title so I can live in peace."

That sounded like a good plan, the kingdom would win and Rudel would go live in the countryside in peace. But someone interfered there.

"Bradfordddd!"

A loud shout rang out and the door was thrown open abruptly.

Liam had come in annoyed.

"Bradford, I can't take it anymore! What was it in there with Erselica-san?"

They all looked at Liam and then taking advantage of the situation.

"Crown Prince!"

Marquis made another move.

"What do you mean by that, did something happen with the fake?"

Liam ignored what the Marquis said, as he didn't hear him and was heading where Rudel was.

"Bradford, explain to me why Erselica-san was clinging to you and you told her you would help her!"

They all heard that.

"Why would the viscount help that traitor?"

"The temple is in ruins because the higher-ups fled, did something happen between the two of them?"

Marquis Balzac smiled with a crescent in his mouth.

"Gentlemen you heard him! Viscount Bradford plans to help the sham escape, that's why he wants the position of supreme commander and to have his title taken away! He wants to be her partner and thus have the temple take over the palace under his rule!"

Everyone, including Liam made a "huh!" Only Liam's was different.

"Bradford, so you were planning to use Erselica-san for your perverse purposes!"

Liam ran to Rudel and threw his left fist at his cheek.

He met it and fell to the floor.

Then Rudel.

"You stupid fucking prince!!!"

He got up and with his right, smashed it into Liam's stomach.

The Marquis shouted to stop Rudel, the knights looked at Mayer who stopped them with his hand signaling no.

Rudel also yelled at Liam.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, you big animal!"

"That's what I should be asking you! Don't try to use Erselica-san for your purposes!"

A hook to Rudel's chin impacted, then a right hand struck Liam's face.

They both proceeded to punch each other.

Everyone was watching that.

"What the hell do you see in that board?"

"Don't insult her!!!"

"It is!"

Liam kicked Rudel to the ground then lunged at him and beat him mercilessly.

"Why do you want to mess with Erselica-san now! Don't you already have Alicelotte and that commoner girl as a partner?"

This time annoyed, Rudel threw a headbutt at Liam. He stood up and threw a right-left combo in his face.

"Why are you naming them!!!"

"They're my friends, not my girlfriends!!!"

A tear spilled down one of Rudel's cheeks.

"Alisa is the daughter of a duke and Airi is a commoner!!! There's no way a guy like me can be by her side! But more to the point, I won't allow Airi to be with a jerk like you who was swayed by that bastard Klein who mistreated Alisa!"

Liam stopped one of the fists and after receiving the one from the opposite arm, he threw his own fist at Rudel.

"That pisses me off too!"

Now Liam, after knocking Rudel to the ground, punched his face again.

"Why does everyone hate Klein! They haven't thought that his father might be forcing him! Besides, Alicelotte never gave me confidence since we were kids!"

This time those who reacted were Siegwald and Lecia.

"Always talking about things about the greatness of being nobles and about your status being important to the palace! I'll never trust a girl who only talks adult things for her age!"

Lecia and Siegwald both smacked their foreheads upon hearing that.

"I freaked out when my mother said she could be my fiancée! I was thankful it never happened! She's not trustworthy like Erselica-san!"

Rudel hit Liam back and now he was the one on top.

He grabbed his shirt with his left hand and with his right he was hitting him.

"That's why you're stupid!!! Alisa is a wonderful girl who deserves a good man! You're someone unworthy of both her and Airi! So am I, but most of all that trash you call childhood friend is the worst!"

Blow after blow landed on Liam.

"That dirty bastard mistreated her, if they had stayed together he would have killed her! He's also a traitor who killed that pest's father and wants your job! Why don't you understand I'm trying to help you! If I was told Alisa did the same thing I would deny it, I understand you, but damn it accept it! Klein used you like that trash Marquis!"

Now everyone's eyes focused on Marquis Balzac.

"This meeting was to get him to confess all his crimes so we could punish him, but now because of you I'm screaming it!"

A few people had the same thought.

(Then don't shout it out in the first place!)

"Damn it, I don't understand how your mother could give birth to such a stupid son! Aren't you ashamed to have been brought into the world by a beautiful woman and humiliate her like that!!!"

For some reason, the fight was now focused on the queen.

"Damn it, if I were you, I'd never make her cry and give things away especially after giving thanks for getting out of those hips!"

This time, Liam hit back, stood up and shouted.

"What do my mother's hips have to do with anything!!!"

Rudel also hit back and added to his statement.

"Nothing! I envy that you could see such a beautiful woman and have been able to have the opportunity to suckle from her!"

Again Liam would reply.

"Why do you only name her, she's an old woman!"

Rudel, hearing that, smashed his fist full of anger sending him flying into the wall at Liam.

He remained embedded in it, Rudel quickly approached him and pointed to Lecia.

"It's obvious since she's a very beautiful woman! Don't you see that childish face on a woman's body! Breasts so big she should be worshipped like a goddess! And that youthful body after giving birth to you and wide hips! Damn you and the King! I'd like to have your mother as my wife!"

At that moment, just at that moment, Rudel realized he wasn't thinking it.

He shouted it out. He shouted it in front of everyone present; in front of Siegwald, the ministers, knights, Mayer, and the royal family itself. That he is attracted to a married woman and that he has dark desires for her.

Slowly, he turned his head to the left to see Lecia herself.

The King had a "really?" look on his face, while the Queen herself had covered her face, but you could see that her ears were red.

Instead, Liam just said.

"...Are you attracted to my mother, an old woman?"

"Don't call her old!"

"Enough!"

Marquis Balzac interrupted what was an obvious fight between children, some very idiotic children you might say.

"So all this time you wanted to set me up! You see gentlemen, he is capable not only of saying shameless things about the queen, but he also has no respect for the King or the crown prince!"

The ministers had confused faces about Rudel.

Instead, he.

"Good. The farce is over. Let's get it over with."

Rudel drew his katana and punched the marquis in the stomach and the marquis fell to his knees.

He spat saliva and asked him.

"What do you think you're doing?" the instant he finished speaking. Rudel put the saber to his cheek pressing it.

"Did I say the charade is over or not? That was just your trial, now comes the punishment."

The marquis was about to adjudicate what he was told.

But at that moment, Ixion descended and brought with him several documents.

"Master, I was already able to finish reconstructing the destroyed documents."

"Just in time. Hand them over to everyone."

Ixion using his wires coming out of his body, handed them to everyone present including Their Majesties, Lecia was still with her face covered and took it with her elbows.

"What is that?" asked the marquis. Rudel without scoffing or laughing replied.

"Evidence of everything you've done and burned or torn to pieces."

"Everything you have written to Kingsfort, the Cashmiro family and the deaths of several nobles about the insurrections they accused me of."

It was there that Rudel laughed.

"It's amazing that you're a loyal patriot and I'm a traitor! Wait, doesn't the situation indicate otherwise now?"

"It's slander, humbug, a vile and despicable lie!"

The ministers, among them Mayer read what the documents said.

"...I had hoped it was just my own stuff. But Moldred, you really had a hand in the death of my wife and son."

Marquis Balzac was still in denial until Rudel snapped his fingers and out of Ixion's eye came several videos.

It was from when Rudel was imprisoned until a few minutes ago.

"Shishishi. that brat is incarcerated and now he's going to the gallows! The Bismarcks are ruined! Best of all, since I was the one who ratted him out, I'll have them commission me to investigate his missing object!"

The next video was about the day his execution was decided.

"Now that the Cashmiro's took care of Mayer, I can finally be prime minister! After the Kingsfort's take over this country, Franz will make me grand duke and I'll have more power, shishishi!"

The marquis was in a cold sweat as the recordings continued.

The last video was from before the emergency meeting.

"Damn you Kingsfort, how dare you betray me after doing so much for you!"

There were on the video other individuals, many of them escaped and the few that remained were present and one or another ratted out the Marquis.

"Marquis Balzac what do we do?"

"We thought it would only be a small fleet and not a real invasion!"

"Shouldn't we negotiate with them? I'm sure if we give them that which guards the royal family they will forgive us."

"You idiots! No one knows where that is, not even the Kingsfort scum! That's why he told me his son befriended the prince's asshole to get information! But the idiot had no idea what he was talking about!"

The Marquis in the video bit his nails.

"Damn it, I'll have to use the useless Leonis or his slut of a wife as a deal! I'm sure the royal family of Edinburgh will want that woman!"

The video cut off and Rudel just gave a big sigh before speaking.

"...Well, will you still deny it? Traitor."

The knights moved at Mayer's signal to catch the traitors minus the marquis.

Liam lay on the floor accepting the cruel truth.

"...So, Klein used me all this time. He was always asking me weird questions...so, am I just an idiot?"

Rudel wanted to say something to Liam, but the traitor Balzac.

"Don't believe him!"

He objected to his end.

"He created those strange images using that strange thing! Don't you see, he can do anything, even take over the world if you don't stop him!"

Rudel stared at it without paying attention to it.

"A man like him must be controlled, no matter if he is loyal or not! Who guarantees you that after the war he won't take over the kingdom! Please listen to me, this man is more dangerous than any country, and with or without his lost object as well!"

Rudel moved his right hand with which he held his katana upward.

"Your majesties, Mayer, Siegwald, everyone! Do you really think this man will keep his promise and not retaliate?"

"Hey..."

The traitor turned to look at Rudel as he trembled....

"You talk too much."

"¿¡...!?"

The katana swung swiftly cutting off his head.

It fell and rolled on the ground at the same time as a fountain of red liquid spurted out.

Marquis Balzac's eyes saw for the last time the wicked smile of Rudel who was smiling because his plan was going smoothly.

The other ministers shouted, but Rudel took no notice.

He walked towards the place where the King and Queen were and in a respectful tone said.

"Your Majesties, what is your answer?"

The King, Leonis saw the blood still coming out of the late traitor and said only one thing before his decision.

"Viscount Bradford, are you sure you will save this country if I grant you that position?"

"Of course, Your Majesty. I guarantee that I will bring victory this very day."

The King took a deep breath, stood up, a servant handed him the royal scepter which looked like a large red and gold globe encrusted with diamonds.

He raised it and said aloud.

"I, Leonis von Altfode, King of Altfode Kingdom declare Viscount Rudel van Bradford! Free from any accusations of treason and promoted him to the 6th highest rank and, lastly, decorated him as the supreme commander of all the forces of the kingdom!"

Rudel bowed, Leonis lowered and placed the scepter on his left and right shoulder.

No one protested, only a very strange voice was heard.

"Hmph, despite everything he said I give him 90 points. No doubt, my Ellen found a rarity of a noble." Said the cyan-haired man, while next to him a man replied.

"...Wallace-san, this is not the time for your strange scores."

Rudel ignored that strange their conversation.

The King too, instead asked.

"So, supreme commander-dono, what's the first thing we should do?"

Rudel without hesitation said.

"Take me to the secret entrance below the palace dungeon and give me that ship."

At those words. Leonis, Siegwald, Mayer and finally Lecia who was embarrassed looked at him and spoke for what he said.

"Viscount how is it that you know the location of something that only the royal family and selected ones know?"

Just as he was about to open his mouth, a soldier came in shouting.

"Your Majesties there is trouble! That man. the bloody knight has escaped from the prison and the palace!"

Everyone was speechless after hearing that.

Rudel clicked his tongue and spoke rudely.

"No time for questions, just take me and the people I need down there now!"

Lecia wanted to press her question, but Leonis waved his hand to silence her.

"I'd like you to tell us later how you knew, but you're right, who are those people?"

Rudel gave unexpected names and Leonis, the King agreed and charged the knights to take the traitors to jail and call those people.

Rudel thought as he turned around and Ixion floated on his shoulder.

(Let's see the weapon, the ship that was able to defeat Brunhilde...)

Alt: Pronounced "old", from old people.
Fode: Pronounced "fowld", which means poop in Portuguese.
In other words, a country full of shitty old men are what led to the current situation.
I'm sorry it took so long to explain it but it was necessary for this moment.
Also, Cashmiro is pronounced as Kasimiro, arabian name.

3