Save 41 – The Power of Love
255 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The end of the war!
The climax of victory or defeat will be decided by the greatest power of all!!!
Get ready to see the strongest weapon of this world!!!

The moment the dark matter beam pierced Brunhilde, Ixion was terrified for the first time in his existence.

"This is bad!"

Several alarms with red lights went off.

Brunhilde was falling as various explosions and flames consumed him from within.

"There's no way to stabilize the airship! The defense system was destroyed! The objects inside along with the stored information will be lost forever!"

Brunhilde crashed into the ocean.

"There is no choice! I must send my information to a nearby drone and thus esca-!"

Ixion, unable to finish speaking due to a sequence of explosions heading straight for the monitor where he stood.

A large flare engulfed him and, a large explosion rang out.

◇◇◇

"Ixionnnn!"

Rudel shouted after seeing that his airship was destroyed, he was calling like crazy to his servant.

There was no answer, what there was the shadow of Diabolos heading towards him. He gave him a big kick and Battler sank into the sea.

In that cold, lifeless place. Rudel watched his airship sinking and exploding.

◇◇◇

"This can't be!!! onii-chan's ship was shot down!"

It was Erselica who screamed after seeing something unimaginable. Bell who was next to her, but told her to shut up as they all heard that last one.

The three main characters watched in horror and fear what happened.

The girls, on the other hand, were shedding tears.

Alisa and Airi watched until the end with their eyes wide open, as Brunhilde, the ship on which they spent happy and sad moments, sank into the desolate sea.

Airi clung to Alisa, she too hugged her tightly.

"It's all right... as long as Rudel and Ixion are safe... we can have more wonderful moments."

Tears spilled from them until....

"Uwahh, here it comes!"

Erselica screamed because of what was fast approaching where they were.

The girls raised their heads and, saw Diabolos approaching towards them.

Immediately, they ran back, Erselica and Bell following them.

The robots pulled out flamethrowers and machine guns ready to fight. The three useless ones also got into position; Chlust on the right, Frey on the left and Liam in the rear to protect them.

In a brief span of seconds, Diabolos crashed into the airship.

He, was larger than his mobile knights, but a little shorter than Battler.

Slowly and leisurely, he walked to a certain direction.

The robots and drones were shooting bullets and flames, but Diabolos walked as if nothing was touching him.

Chlust approached with his spear that he always carried to the academy.

It was there that the strange creature's tail swung and destroyed it, hitting Chlust in the process.

It knocked him out since he wasn't moving at all.

Frey was firing at it from his position. The same thing happened, his rifle was destroyed and he, smashed to the ground.

The robots were still expending ammunition and flammable liquid on the creature, it wouldn't even touch them.

"You will not pass!"

Liam shouted pulling out a sword, that's when Diabolos stopped, his mouth moved as if he was chewing on something.

From his body, many mouths opened and they all spat out a black liquid that destroyed all the robots and drones attacking him.

This he did to show Liam fear.

The protagonist, the one who had to defeat this creature to finish the game, was ready to fight.

Diabolos walked to his side and slammed Liam into the cockpit.

He embedded him there, the creature opened a hole he made in the chest of his armed unit, something besides light entered, it was a black metallic hand.

Then, red eyes saw it accompanied by a voice.

"I know you're supposed to be the one who defeats me? ...you pathetic, miserable cowardly child."

Liam, did not move due to fear. Diabolos continued on his way.

"Stay away!"

Bell shouted as the remaining robots fired at the creature, it used its tail and destroyed them, hitting Erselica and Bell in the process.

Now only they were left.

Alisa and Airi were trembling as that creature approached.

There was a robot near them, Alisa stepped in front to protect her friend as she prepared a fireball.

"Bismarck no longer interest me, get lost!"

With those words, her tail swung to strike Alisa.

The robot at her side acted as a shield, but she was still hit.

A robot that was still standing still used its body as a buffer so that she would not suffer injury.

"Ahhh!"

Alisa shouted along with spitting out some saliva.

She fell to the ground, and seemed to be knocked unconscious.

"Alisa! Are you okay?"

Airi yelled as she saw her friend lying on the floor.

"...You."

A grim and gloomy voice called out to Airi, she averted her eyes towards that creature and their gazes met.

It was walking towards her while talking strange things.

"That boy is useless despite being the main character, only you are the only real threat."

"I don't know how you got that power, but you must die so that, in the future, you won't cause trouble for that thing."

"If you want to curse someone, let it be yourself for changing the plot in your favor."

His large claw rose up to snap Airi in half.

"Stay away from him motherfuckeeer!"

A voice came from the sky and came down at high speed, Airi raised her head and then screamed in happiness with tears.

"Rudel-san!"

At that moment of calling out to him, Diabolos reacted late as Rudel was falling to him with a spear and impacted his back very hard.

"Gyaaahhh!"

A noise of pain could be heard from Diabolos, that was because mysteriously Battler was glowing.

"Stay away from them you fucking scum!"

Rudel screamed as he buried his spear in his enemy's back.

That creature screamed in pain until mouths opened from its back spitting black saliva that disintegrated the weapon.

Rudel let go and in doing so, Diabolos seized the opportunity and escaped from there.

"Airi! Are you all right?"

"And Alisa?"

Airi wanted to cry as she looked at Alisa, who seemed to be getting to her feet.

They were both glad to see her.

"What now?"

Rudel wondered due to the ship rocking, Airi grabbed the railing as she screamed.

A hole in the deck was made and from it, a hand came out and grabbed Battler's head dragging him down.

Airi screamed as Rudel was pushed straight into the hull to get out of the ship and fall into the sea.

As he fell he saw it, Diabolos was tearing the ship apart from below.

Rudel moved to stop him from continuing to destroy it and, they got into a fight there.

◇◇◇

A large boat approached Liebe.

Allen was driving it and Cana was putting the anchor on the rail to keep it from moving.

They secretly came in a ship and barely escaped.

Airi grabbed Alisa and yelled to the others to come aboard.

The three useless ones ran as the ship seemed to tilt forward.

Erselica wouldn't let go of Bell and jumped straight into the boat landing on her face.

When they all climbed aboard. The ship tilted as if it was sinking into the sky.

They all watched as Diabolos, grabbed the ship with his hands and screamed as he crashed it into Rudel.

"This is a roller coaster of fun!"

The ship hit Battler and then, exploded due to an attack from Diabolos.

Liebe, the ship that was supposed to defeat Brunhilde, had been destroyed without showing its full potential.

The explosion was so big that it shook the lifeboat.

They all watched as Rudel was blown away by the explosion and then, kicking it like a soccer ball.

Alisa and Airi watched in horror as Battler was treated, one of his shoulders was grabbed and ripped off as if he were a toy prop.

There was nothing they could do to end this battle.

The forces of the commonwealth and Household Kingsfort had already surrendered.

White flags were raised for the attack to stop, the forces of the kingdom were retreating.

No one was fighting anymore, only Rudel and Diabolos.

Then, someone came up with an idea.

"I know! Why don't we go to the commonwealth's flagship and demand their surrender?"

It was Airi who said it.

"Maybe, just maybe. they'll get control over that thing and thus end it all!!!?"

Alisa was thoughtful as she watched Rudel being treated like an old rag.

Who supported that idea was Liam.

Alisa then sighed.

"...We don't lose anything by trying. It's possible they have control of that thing. Hey you, take us immediately to the flagship of the commonwealth."

Allen heard Alisa order him, they came to pick them up as it seemed safe to leave, with the exception of who Rudel is fighting.

With a change in the helm, that boat was headed to run into the person who never came out in the game, Young King Rafiel.

◇◇◇

Anchored at sea with flames and smoke billowing from the stern. There lay the flagship of an enemy that never came out in the game.

The reason for the players was unknown, instead for the developers it was simple.

It was not important.

None of them cared about that person as he was just an NPC.

In fact, he never had any dialogues and was only mentioned to be executed at the end of it all, he never gave his face, until now.

In the central cabin, there was only one person left.

Everyone else either fled or was eaten by monsters.

During the moment Diabolos released his second attack, a fraction of the black beam fell on that ship causing it to crash.

The monsters moved in to eat all the people on board.

Some escaped, but were devoured.

The demonic flutes did not work on them.

The monsters were smashing the windows.

Near one of them, there was Prime Minister Borzak who was screaming.

A creature in the form of a flying octopus broke the window and grabbed him.

He tried to struggle, but his head was devoured in less than a minute and his body dragged outside.

There was only that one person left, Rafiel, he was on his knees on the floor.

He was crying.

He heard footsteps approaching quickly, the door opened sharply and abruptly.

In walked Erselica and the others... they couldn't believe who they saw.

◇◇◇

"Is this a joke?"

Erselica and the others were running with guns blazing, their mobile knights stopped working because the prana couldn't circulate properly through the machine, causing it to break down.

Bell led the front, followed by those three boys, Erselica, and lastly the girls.

They expected to meet the king of the commonwealth, the one who unleashed this lost war with the Kingsfort.

She prepared herself to see the one who annoyed her so much in the game.

As she broke down the door to enter, neither she nor the others could believe their eyes.

The person who was here was Rafiel the king without a doubt, but... not what they expected.

On his knees with both hands on the floor, tears falling, wearing a blue full body robe, brown hair and hazel eyes.

He stood before them, a small boy.

The boy looked up to see who the intruders were.

No one was moving due to the unimaginable of it.

Rafiel, saw them and uttered words of pain.

"Altfode... so you came to kill me?"

Alisa spoke after being a bit in shock due to the surprise.

"You are mistaken... you are King Rafiel?"

She nodded after hearing his name, Airi covered her mouth due to never anyone imagined seeing such a little boy as king.

Rafiel spoke again.

"...You have come to silence me too, haven't you?"

None of them understood what he was saying, Erselica was the first to speak.

"What was the point of waging this war?"

That was something she always wanted to know, they never explained it in the game.

Rafiel's mouth grimaced and with pain he said.

"You forced us into this!"

"Altfode is responsible for our suffering! It's only natural that we want revenge!"

Who spoke now was Liam.

"Wait, what are you talking about, you guys are supposed to have been attacking us for years because of your desire for our territory!"

Rafiel made a bitter smile.

"Who told you such a lie?"

Liam was trying to get closer since he was a Rafiel boy.

But he pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it at them all.

Bell went into a fighting stance.

"I don't want some damn Altfodian making a mockery of me, of my kingdom! When you are the ones to blame for our suffering!"

"...Guilt?" that single word escaped Airi.

Rafiel began to cry as he told them a truth that never came out in the game nor did anyone else know.

"...We, Household Talis, were originally from the kingdom - we were the first family of dukes they ever had!"

Alisa and Liam who knew the history of the founding, heard something they were never told.

"We are the ones who supported the founding King to gather the territories and also got the territory of many of his allies!"

"As time passed, more dukes came and the territory grew..."

Rafiel suddenly fell silent and after waiting for a while, he cried out a pain kept for generations.

"One day the kingdom simply came to attack us! The other three dukes together with forces from the palace attacked us for no reason!"

Everyone was stunned after hearing this.

"They entered our Household and started slaughtering all my relatives from that time! Only the chief and his family escaped leaving our land, the land that Kingsfort uses!"

Alisa and Airi covered their mouths at what they heard.

"We had to take refuge in a foreign land that had no lord! Then, little by little we grew to become a community, a commonwealth..."

Once again, Rafiel paused and his hand trembled to blurt out more horrendous truths.

"Our land is threatened by famine and drought! Our crops are dying! My people are starving and the only way to get food is to attack the only neighbor we have, Altfode!"

Everyone was listening to that.

"A year ago... my parents told me they had an agreement with an important nobleman. He was coming to sign a treaty on behalf of the king who couldn't come. With that, our people would live with food, but tied to the kingdom."

"It didn't matter that as long as we had food to eat... that's what I thought... I just never realized the man's dark intentions."

Alisa asked.

"Who was that man?"

Rafiel wiped away his tears, and said in a disinterested manner.

"His name was Balzac and, he was in cahoots with my late prime minister who wanted power. In the end, that idiot died, but the other one got away with it."

"You're wrong!"

Liam shouted.

"That man died in front of my very eyes!"

Rafiel heard him, but....

"...¿Y?"

He didn't care.

"You think with what this dead man, he'll bring my parents back to life?"

Just now everyone understood why a child was called king.

"My mother lay unclothed in her bed with a rope around her neck and my father was found drinking his own blood in a soup!"

"The very day they said they were coming to bring us peace, it was a lie to sow more hatred and pain. The worst thing is that the Kingsfort's own current boss said he was the one who planned it all! He told Borzak in my office when he was coming back from meeting that Bandel guy!"

"The worst of it all is.... I have to put up with these traitors for my people!"

Rafiel bit his lips and pointed his gun to the side of his head.

"I will never again allow the scum of the realm to manipulate and discard us as they please!"

"My people may go hungry and in pain, but our hatred for the kingdom will burn to the end of our lives!"

The trigger was moving ever so slowly as his fingers trembled.

"If I fall, someone else will take my place! I will not let them use me as a hostage to extort more from us!"

Rafiel's tears and red eyes marked how serious he was about his decision.

"Rot in hell, you damned Altfodians! Household Talis and its people will never let you sleep in peace!"

The trigger was being pulled without delay already.

"Mother... father... I will join you now."

Rafiel closed his eyes and as the trigger was being pulled.

"Don't fuck with me stupid boy!"

His gun was knocked out of his hands by a gunshot and heavy footsteps were coming towards him with a very loud voice.

Opening his eyes, he observed Erselica furious.

"You want to die, you're stupid! What about your revenge!!!?"

Neither Rafiel nor the others understood what Erselica was talking about.

She grabbed his collar and their faces drew closer.

"The kingdom screwed you over? Then getting revenge is the right thing to do!"

Once again, no one understood what was going on.

"Those bastards wanted to kill me and I know they will if onii- Rudel doesn't help me!"

Alisa wanted to say something to Erselica about that comment.

"What I mean is... it's okay to take revenge on the one who hurts you!"

(No, that's not what you're supposed to say to her!)

That's what everyone was thinking, even Rafiel.

"But... will that make your parents happy?"

Erselica in a sad tone, said in a low voice for only Rafiel to hear.

"What good is revenge if they are no longer here? Is it worth revenge if your parents are no longer with you? Will they come back when you take your revenge?"

Rafiel was stunned to hear that.

"I... I recently lost my father... my mother died years ago. The last thing I said to him was that I didn't want to eat meat from the animals in our forest."

Tears spilled from both of them.

"The last conversation with my father was a stupid thing to do! It hurts me that I didn't have more time with him! But... But!"

Erselica's hands squeezed Rafiel's neck tightly.

"Do you think I want to die just because they're not here anymore!?"

A memory of salvation came to her.

"Find a reason to live!"

That memory was Rudel. The person she most wanted to see in the world.

"Find a reason to live! And, if there isn't... then talk to Rudel, that idiot will make you want to live to punch him in the face!"

Rafiel didn't quite get it about that last one, but everything else did.

Behind Erselica. Alisa and Airi were giving him a terrified look because of what he said before and now about Rudel.

"So, do you want to die yet? You idiot brat."

Rafiel wiped away tears and snot after being gently placed to the ground.

"That's the worst advice I've ever received. The only thing I'm interested in from what you said, is meeting that nobleman and making him pay for destroying our fleets twice. We're not rich for him to destroy them!"

Erselica smiled at Rafiel, then remembered her reason for being here.

"That's right! Do you have any mechanism to stop that?"

Her finger pointed outside that focused on the battle between Rudel and what used to be Bandel, but Rafiel replied.

"No. What's more, I don't even know what that thing is, that's not ours let alone an ally."

Erselica made an idiotic face after hearing that, turning around to tell them that there was no way to help Rudel.

"Gyahh, what the hell is that thing?"

Everyone turned around to see what was going on outside, their expressions were panicked and horrified.

◇◇◇

All the fleets in the kingdom were fleeing due to the battle between Rudel and Diabolos, all but one Household.

"Let go of me!"

The Bradford's.

"Let me go, Bram!"

In the main nave of their Household, there was Lyle and Bram fighting.

"Don't talk shit!"

The reason was.

"Rudel is in danger!"

All of Baron Bradford's ships were watching Rudel fighting along with his robots and drones against a strange creature.

After reaching almost the center of it all, a white shield appeared on the ships covering them. More weird stuff happened and now everyone was running away but them.

"I know!" shouted Bram.

It was because Lyle, was trying to get on a mobile knight, but was grabbed by Bram and thrown to the side.

The two began to fight, the sailors went to restrain them both.

Bram was yelling at his brother.

"You idiot! What are you planning going over there?"

Sounds of explosions could be heard at high intensity.

Lyle, from the bottom of his heart shouted.

"It's the eldest's job to take care of the younger brothers! So get off, you stupid younger brother!"

Lyle, was trying to break free, but the sailors wouldn't let go. Bram, on the other hand, would reply.

"You're a big idiot, firstborn!"

"It's the non-heir's job to make sure the older idiot and the younger idiot get back safely!"

"Rudel is my younger brother, just like you!"

"And you're the future head of the Household!"

As they set about fighting each other, two fists came down on their heads.

They screamed in pain and looked at their pilot-suited father.

"Dude, what are you doing?"

Lyle said to his father, for another blow on him.

After recovering from the blow, Walt informed them both.

"What the hell are you two talking about?"

"Lyle, you're going to be the future head of the family, stop talking shit."

"And you Bram, you need to help Lyle, since he's an idiot and is sure to blow the territory."

Both sons couldn't believe what their father was saying, especially the firstborn.

"As boss and father, it's my job to go bring that idiot Rudel to safety."

"Wait!"

"Old man!"

His sons tried to stop him, but the paternal fist came down on them again.

"No excuses!"

"Once this is over... you guys must take care of your mother, sister and, that silly boy."

"Huh?"

Both sons made the same confused expression.

"I'm old now, at least, with my last strength I'll make sure to buy Rudel time to escape along with you."

The sons now ran to their father who was boarding the larger armed unit.

"What are you talking about, you idiot father!"

"Nobody says they want you to retire now!"

Walt entered the knight mobile and before the cab closed, he said to his sons.

"...Once this is over, Rudel will be in the sights of many men and women, I'm counting on the older brothers to take good care of him."

The cabin closed and Walt, grabbing several weapons, prepared to leave.

"At least let this old man shine in his last moments in front of his children!"

At that moment, a loud bang was heard up front, everyone's gaze went there and in unison the Bradford males shouted.

"Rudel!"

◇◇◇

On the last flagship, was Franz on the run.

He was in his captain's chair, clutching his head, he was remembering aloud everything that happened.

"Damn you Moldred, you said you were going to execute him early and here he is, everything... everything my family, my father, grandfather and ancestors wished for went to hell because of that boy!"

"Invading the kingdom should have been a simple matter, it all should have taken a few minutes because of all the favors he was cashing in with the pirates, mercenaries and the Cashmiro Family!"

The men and women in the cockpit listened to him as he was right, everything should have been quick due to this plan that had decades of planning.

It was all ruined in an instant by Rudel.

"Damn it, everything was ruined! My son is dead and there is no one of my blood to inherit the throne that belongs to us! That bastard boy destroyed everything with his lost object!"

Sweat beaded on his forehead and fear in his eyes.

"Then, that strange thing appeared! I have no choice but to flee the kingdom to a safe place!"

Suddenly, a voice was heard.

"Finish.... with... Rudel..."

Franz raised his head, but he didn't understand where the strange distorted voice came from.

The ship suddenly stopped for no reason, Franz fell to the ground.

As he was about to get up as he didn't understand what was going on.

"Lend me ... your ... ship..."

The same distorted voice spoke, at that moment, the windows were covered with black liquid.

Something had climbed into the ship enveloping it bit by bit, the windows were broken by tentacles with hands grabbing the crewmen.

Just as Franz was about to escape, the floor broke and a large black tentacle with a very red hand with several yellow eyes without pupils saw him.

Franz was about to scream, but the hand quickly approached.

???

This is wrong...

Everything is wrong...

None of this... should happen...

The one to blame for this... is Rudel and... that woman...

Yes that woman... Irisdina... would not have activated her powers...

She would have won with Bandel... but, Rudel...

He, destroyed everything...

At this rate... if I don't do it myself...

I won't be able to go to the next "level" and... I'll be stuck here...

I must... kill the unforgivable Rudel...

He... is unforgivable...

Very... very... unforgivable...

We will never... forgive him...

...unforgivable.

Unforgivable...

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

Unforgivable!!!

RUDEL!!!

IT IS!!!!

UNFORGIVABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM, NEITHER HIM NOR-!!!!!

◇◇◇

Franz's eyes were blank, his body was sinking in black slime along with other bodies, their open mouths screaming the same thing.

That Rudel was unforgivable.

The consciousness of Franz and the others faded to one.

While, on the outside, black slime transformed the ship.

The sound of metal compressing, bombs exploding due to the pressure as the ship seemed to fold like a sheet of paper.

Strange sounds were heard as the ship was taking on an appearance impossible to believe.

This event had never been in the game, this had never happened in this world.

That thing was, without a doubt, a secret boss that came to finish Rudel off once and for all.

After appearing to arm itself, it finally took on an inhuman appearance.

It was like a large floating amorphous shark of black color, its mouth opened, the inside of the crushed ship that served as teeth could be seen.

Several white eyes opened to the front and only saw a single target.

"RuuuuDeeeLLLL!!!"

The strange creature screamed Rudel's name in a distorted manner.

Like a fish, it gave a flutter and was heading towards him as it fought Diabolos.

Rudel watched it for an alert, startled at the sight of it.

He pushed his enemy away and escaped from there while being chased.

Rudel shouted.

"What the fuck are you nooow!"

The remaining robots and drones started attacking the creature ignoring Diabolos, he just watched the situation while laughing.

Rudel flew in different directions, but the strange shark kept up with him.

A magic circle appeared in his left hand, a machine gun came out.

He grabbed it and...

"Get away from me you freakin' freakin' thiiing!"

Bullets shot out at high speed hitting the strange creature.

They buried themselves in the body. Battler pulled the machine gun from his remaining shoulder and with both, proceeded to create a hail of fire.

"Fall you fucking bastard!"

Rudel shouted due to the shark being closer and the bullets having no effect.

"Hey."

A voice came from his right side.

"We're not done playing!"

Diabolos came flying over and with his sword hit Rudel causing him to crash into the sea.

Rudel regained control some time later and watched as both creatures came towards him.

The robots and drones were firing non-stop to buy Rudel time, but it was useless.

The shark bit Battler and the tooth-like wreckage of the ship embedded itself in Battler.

Slowly a sound of crunching metal could be heard.

As it was chewed into the depths, Battler's core glowed and a great beam of red light shot through the creature's skull reaching into the sky.

Rudel had expended 2 of his 3 attacks, he could only use one more. After using the last one, Battler would lose all his energy.

Rudel escaped, but it didn't last long as Diabolos got behind him and hit him like a home run.

Battler flew away and was once again chased by the strange shark and Diabolos.

A critical damage message appeared on Battler's screen.

Rudel thought only one thing.

(...At this rate, I will have no choice but to play bomb man...).

◇◇◇

Erselica told Rafiel to stay inside until this was all over.

Everyone came out to see the bizarre situation in front of them.

Rudel was fighting Diabolos and a new enemy, a strange black shark-like creature appeared.

Everyone watched in fright at what their eyes refused to believe.

"Rudel-san!"

Airi shouted with tears as she saw Rudel being treated like a toy by Diabolos, then, he was bitten by the strange shark.

A big explosion came from inside and Rudel escaped, but only to be Diabolos' toy again.

This is no longer a war, it's not a battle, it's madness!

Only Rudel was the only one who continued to fight.

"Alisa, we must do something! At this rate, Rudel-san will be-!"

Airi's voice was interrupted due to a shout from Rudel.

Half of Battler's left arm had been bitten off.

The creature seemed to withdraw momentarily to savor it.

The robots and drones that had not been destroyed supported Rudel in his fight against Diabolos.

Both girls wanted to cry in helplessness, there was nothing and no one that could help and save Rudel from this situation.

"Ahh!"

Was the shout Erselica made.

Everyone turned their faces towards her.

Erselica was staring at Alisa and Airi for some reason.

The reason was in her thoughts.

(Why did I just notice that!)

(How long have they been there?)

(Or, am I a blind woman?)

Erselica was staring at Airi's head and Alisa's ears, to be more exact. Rudel's gifts from last semester.

(That brooch and those earrings are part of the Santa reveal event!)

(What are they doing here? That event was supposed to happen in third grade.)

Airi's brooch and Alisa's earrings, they turned out to be something more important than just an emotional bond.

(In the event before the Saint was revealed, they both traveled to an island, on that island Liam, bought a ring for himself and the player had the option of choosing a brooch or earrings which were later revealed to be an item left by the Saint long ago).

(One of those not chosen did not reappear, as for the one chosen, it was revealed to be some sort of emotional synchronicity amplifying magic power or something).

(But that means good news! Since, being two items, and these girls seem to be attracted to my brother, his feelings can manifest in them thus being able to help him!)

(Although I don't know what it is about the ring?)

No one understood what was wrong with Erselica until she shouted to break everyone's concentration with her words.

"Everyone, I know of a way we can help him defeat those things!"

Everyone present, especially the girls were astonished.

They wanted to ask her how, but Erselica shouted for them to get in the boat to get closer to the big black shark.

All but the girls were reluctant to that. They without hesitation, just to hear the word "help Rudel".  They jumped into danger at the risk of their lives.

The others could not leave Erselica behind, so they blindly followed her and headed towards the strange giant creature.

Rudel was still Diabolos' plaything.

◇◇◇

A few minutes passed and finally they reached a safe distance to flee, there was the boat on the side, the creature had its eyes to the front as if it was a cyclops and not in a normal way.

Alisa asked Erselica.

"Tell us. how can we help Rudel?"

Erselica didn't know how to explain, so she sheepishly said the answer.

"...With the power of love."

Erselica felt like an idiot seeing how everyone was looking at her, really, she felt like one just for saying it.

Airi, on the other hand...

"The power of love...the power of our feelings..."

Alisa looked at her and asked what that meant.

Then Airi...

"Alisa, I think she's right."

She said something that left Alisa even more puzzled.

"What are you talking about?"

Airi looked her in the eye.

"When the attack on the cruiser happened and earlier on the real ship. I could feel something, it was a strange sensation, like a tingling."

Alisa looked at her and nodded.

"The truth is, I was the same way too. Only I felt like a refreshing breeze."

Then, their hands touched.

"I'm sure, we can think about it again. Our feelings will reach Rudel-san like that time."

Alisa nodded again.

They both closed their eyes.

"Airi... do you remember what happened on the ship?"

"Huh? I was sad and then, I woke up on the floor being grabbed by your hands."

Alisa wanted to tell him there was more to it than that, but it wasn't important contrary to saving Rudel.

A thought came to their minds, it was Rudel, several memories of him.

"I..."

They both said in sync.

"I wish..."

The memories were sad moments, happy ones, angry ones, laughing about him, until finally a special one came.

It was the moment they both fell in love with him.

"Protect him no matter what!"

Their hands went up in sync. Two magic circles manifested.

A white one above Airi and a red one above Alisa.

A strange white glow and a red flare manifested, as the circle grew, as they touched, both circles merged creating a pink magic circle.

The strange white glow and red flare also merged.

Both girls shouted in unison as if in sync.

"Combined magic: sword of Damocles!"

A sword of white flames manifested as they shouted.

Then, it multiplied into two other copies, the girls lowered their arms and the three swords shot out of the circle at high speed impacting the right side of their head.

A huge explosion followed.

The girls and the others fell on their hips due to the shockwave.

As they got up, they watched as the strange creature had an area of its body in white flames and fell into the sea.

They all rejoiced.

Alisa looked at Airi.

"One more time!"

They both shouted, but at that moment a tragedy happened.

Both the brooch and the earrings exploded after cracking for some reason.

Erselica saw it and unintentionally said something weird for everyone.

"Uwahh, in the game this never happened!"

The girls didn't understand what happened.

Now, it was Allen who interrupted.

"It noticed us, dammit!"

The strange creature turned full circle to watch the boat, Allen sped up as fast as he could to get away from there quickly.

Even with its head on fire, the creature was still alive and changed its course now to them.

Everyone screamed as they fled.

I'm in trouble.

This bastard was using me as a punching bag.

I had no sharp weapons or ammunition left.

Part of the left side of Battler's arm was gone from a bite.

He had three fingers left, that wasn't even good enough to hold a small sword.

With my right arm, I pulled out a hidden weapon I used to repel his attacks, it was a scythe that fit perfectly there.

Then, a message arrived.

It was the girls and the others running away from the strange giant shark.

Why was it chasing them!?

I was planning to do something I didn't want to do, kill myself with these guys.

I had lost both Ixion and Brunhilde, the other ships and robots were wiped out except for a few.

I was going to let the big guy eat me along with this bastard, overload the Battler core and blow them to pieces.

There was no way to escape, let alone achieve victory.

That's why I would resort to such a rash and insane act.

But, they were in danger, I vowed to protect them and by the way, help those idiots.

I gave the black bastard a kick and quickly headed towards the shark.

But I was surprised from behind by this stalker guy.

He kicked me causing me to flip over and fall close to this thing's fin.

Tiny hands grabbed me to keep me from escaping.

The bastard was coming towards me and collided with me.

The impact didn't hurt, but the front cockpit was badly bruised.

He started talking shit to me about him.

I don't care about your life, let alone that you had fun!

This was the perfect opportunity to get rid of both of them, but doing so would mean my own death.

...

I mustn't hesitate, they are in danger, if anything should happen to them I-.

"..."

A static sound rang out, it came from Ixion's spherical body.

After waiting for a bit.

"Master."

His annoying electronic voice I heard.

"You are useless without me?"

Yes. No doubt annoying, I was glad to hear he was okay.

"Ixion! Are you alive?"

"No. I'm an AI, not a living being. How do you expect me to be one when I'm a creation of humanity? Did all that bashing make you any more of an idiot than you already are?"

"I'm going to turn you into scrap metal, you dirty bastard!"

"We'll talk about that later."

"How did you escape?"

The bastard outside kept telling me about his life.

"We'll talk later, more importantly, take off your right glove!"

I heeded him, in doing so, I noticed something odd that only added to stranger things about this day.

My ring, the blue ring I bought months ago, was glowing.

Its blue glow was very intense.

Ixion was explaining to me what was going on.

"I don't know what exactly happened, what I can say is that that ring emanates a large amount of prana. It's just the right amount to blow up a small island without leaving debris."

I asked him how he knows and he replied.

"During the attack on the cruise ship months ago, the same frequency of energy was emanating as today."

I couldn't believe what he was saying, it was crazy to hear.

But only one thing called me back to it.

"I can win!"

"Yes. Deposit it here."

A mouthpiece came out of the ground, I didn't have time to hesitate. If I lost this, it didn't matter, after all, I never knew what the heck you were.

But the girls' should be fine, so no problem.

I threw the ring in and Ixion informed me.

"Master, this can be done only once! I will use the full power of the reactor by directing it to the right arm, that's where the ring was sent. The overload of energy will cause the right arm to explode engulfing these two. You must release the arm before the explosion to flee."

"Understood."

"I'm bored already."

Bastard's voice said something terrifying.

"You already amused me a lot, but the games must end now."

Bastard grabbed both my arms and brought his mouth close.

His jaw stretched and fractured in two. It showed his teeth and the inside of his mouth, how fucking disgusting.

"Master, the overload needs 10 more seconds!"

I decided to have the last talk with this fucker.

"Same here, I got bored too, I want to go home and sleep."

Ixion was reporting that a glow was enveloping Battler.

The small hands that held him, were fading away.

"I'm sick of being harassed by old, strange guys like you!"

This thing realized what was going on, I won't let it escape!

I quickly used Battler's right arm to bury it deep in its throat.

"You were a pain in the ass since last semester."

After freeing myself, I slammed him into the creature and used the three fingers of my left arm to grab his neck and stretch it so that way, the arm would go in much further.

"Master, 2 seconds!"

"I'm furious that I have to fight crazy freaks like you and this thing!"

"But what do you think?"

"If you want me so much..."

Ixion reported.

"Master, overload to the max!"

I took one last look at this thing, this guy, the bloodthirsty knight, will finally stop bugging me.

I put my finger on top of the button on the right controller and....

"Take it... take it all!"

After pressing it, a big blue light that blinded me appeared. The cockpit was shaking badly too.

"Ahhh!"

I didn't know what was happening, Battler started spinning around and I didn't know where it was up and down.

Suddenly, the monitors were almost all broken.

They were crushed because the cabin was shrinking.

I pulled the seat back, and at that moment, Ixion's spherical body flew out just like a ball inserted in a hose.

As I grabbed it, it moved for some reason to my left side. And, at that precise moment.

Something pierced the cockpit and embedded itself in him, who seemed to be acting as a shield.

I screamed his name as Battler shook and then seemed to hit something.

What the hell was going on?

◇◇◇

Moments before Rudel's current situation.

The girls and the others were running away from the shark-like creature.

"Gyahh, it's catching up to us!"

Erselica screamed as she watched the creature, which was moving slow from damage, chase them almost on its heels.

Airi watched in panic, but then, she noticed another occurrence.

It was Rudel who was flying towards the creature, but he was surprised by Diabolos.

Airi screamed as he no longer saw it.

Suddenly, a blue glow veiled where Rudel fell.

The strange creature seemed to slow down in pain.

A voice rang out.

"You want me..."

It belonged to Rudel.

"Take it... take it all!"

A huge blue explosion happened after that, everyone covered their eyes.

After a brief moment, Airi, dazzled in the distance an object shot out to sea.

It was Battler, his limbs were gone, half of his head too, the front was so bad you could tear it off with your hands.

Airi also watched parts of his body flying away, one of them was a scythe that was embedded in his chest.

"Rudel-san!"

Airi shouted, while Alisa was taken aback by something else.

The strange creature following them, had lost half of its body, the black parts of its body turning to ash as the ship took its original shattered form.

"Rudel-san!"

Alisa turned her attention at last to Airi, who was watching Battler bounce on the surface of the sea now.

Alisa also shouted Rudel's name, the others noticed and, before Allen noticed too.

Airi ran towards him.

"Please go quickly to where Rudel-san falls!"

Allen, watching Airi crying, watched Battler bounce.

"Tch, even that idiot viscount will need help with that."

The helm changed course and they were now headed to rescue Rudel.

With that explosion, the final war of the game. Bandel, the final boss and, the strange creature that had been bothering Rudel since entering the academy, had been destroyed.

And so, the game was over.

He was gently pulling out Ixion who was pierced by a scythe.

Battler was floating on the surface of the ocean, emergency lights came on after he stopped bouncing.

Ixion gave me his report after pulling him out.

"I told him to release his arm before pushing the button."

"Sorry."

"The situation is this; we won, congratulations, the war is over after taking out those two."

"That's good."

"Currently, the kingdom's fleet is returning, among them are some who were protecting the borders and joined the fight too late."

"I see."

"They are taking as prisoners all those who survived, among them, there is the king of the commonwealth who seems to be a child."

"That's interesting."

"Alicelotte and Irisdina have declared their love for each other."

"I'm happy for them."

An electric shock ran through my body at that moment.

"What are you doing you fucker!"

"That's my line, what's wrong with him? We won, her wish will come true."

"...I know, here's the thing. I killed a lot of them."

"Hundreds according to the robots' report."

"I'm a murderer who committed many crimes today."

"Not counting the losses in the capital, the death toll from you amounts to entering the category of being a mass genocide."

"You are not helping me."

"I want you to accept your reality, it's not the first time you've killed, you know? During the battle against the blue-bearded pirate and on the cruise before the vacation, you unintentionally killed many, it's impossible for lives not to be lost even if you don't want to hurt anyone."

"What you say only indicates that I will go to hell without a doubt."

"Don't worry, there is no such thing. Now, to reassure you, if you wish, I can seek out that hell and conquer it for you."

"...It terrifies me and it's no laughing matter to believe that if you are capable of that."

"Is that a compliment? I'll take it as such, give me more flattery, since, thanks to your idiotic decision, Brunhilde was destroyed."

I got really bad when he said it.

"There was no other choice, since you always presume his ability, I thought he could resist."

"No doubt he would have if he was at his full capacity, but I was busy fighting possibly the same thing that attacked him."

That surprised me.

"So, that was your important business?"

"I'll go into details later, I'm sending my information to a drone, this body will soon be useless and scrap he always wanted."

It made me feel sad as he said it.

"I guess now we should wait to be rescued and go to the kingdom so that way, the King will keep his promise."

"About that..."

I told Ixion a thing that popped into my head seconds ago.

"I think I'd better call it a day."

There was no response from him.

"It's fine for them to exile me and take away my title, but seeing how annoying they are, it's a safe bet they'll try to extort me to fight for them again."

Ixion only said a slight "I understand...".

He informed me that a boat was approaching, a monitor was fractured, but could reproduce what Battler's head was seeing.

On that boat were several colorful nuisances, they were yelling idiotic things about me being a coward or playing dumb.

The little pest even called me a dirty virgin playing dead.

I will definitely get back at her.

There were only two faces that did catch my attention.

"Rudel-san, please respond, Rudel-san!"

"Rudel-san! You said you were my knight and would protect us, so... come out immediately you big idiot!"

It was Airi and Alisa who were crying for me and shouting my name with a heartbreaking cry.

No doubt, it's painful to do this.

"But this is goodbye girls. Ixion, make Battler pretend to sink-"

"So long!"

Ixion, suddenly shouted at me and his tone was not his usual one.

"I've put up with a lot of your cowardice, your indecision and your stupidity regarding those two!"

"Hey, Ixion what's wrong with you?"

He was terrified, this junk broke down.

"Really you, you're the worst master I've ever served, I'd abandon you for having your airship destroyed if it wasn't because the contract is between you and me!"

"And, even after ruining it several times, the contract still stands!"

"...I don't understand what you're trying to say?"

"What I mean is simple..."

Suddenly, the chest hatch was ejected and my seat seemed to move to the side.

"For the first time in your life. Act like a man, master idiot!"

I was ejected outward at great speed.

"Ixionnnn, you fucking traitorrr!!!"

I cursed this scrap as the cold air hit my face and my cheeks trembled from talking.

Then, I stopped in mid-air and felt the gravity that doesn't affect the islands, affect me.

I was falling towards the ocean, turned my face and saw an inflatable boat thrown into the place where I was falling.

The impact shook the boat.

I was stretched out looking at the sun hidden by the clouds as the boat rocked.

This is bad, very bad.

I was slowly rising to sit up and, fearfully raising my head.

It was there, where our eyes met.

They were looking at me with tears, I, foolishly raised my hand and with an equally idiotic smile.

"H-h-hello, hehe."

After greeting them.

Both of them in sync climbed onto the railing of the boat and jumped over here.

It was impossible to do so without using magical power to propel themselves.

Both of their arms were outstretched and their faces were streaked with tears.

In a brief moment, they both fell on top of me and hugged me tightly.

"Uwahh, Rudel-san, Rudel-san, Rudel-san, Rudel-san, don't do this to us again!!!"

Exclaimed Airi who grabbed me like a little girl after burying her face in my left breast.

"It's not a dream right! You're really here!"

Alisa cried as she pinched my cheeks to make sure it wasn't a hallucination.

As my cheeks were stretched, I told them both.

"...I'm fine, I'm not dead."

Alisa also buried her face in my chest after saying that. They both hugged me tightly so as not to let go.

(It makes me happy to have people who love me, but this hurt my plan).

I put my hands on their heads to reassure them, while caressing them as if they were two little girls lost after finding their parents.

(Really. My heart always hurts when he tried to separate me from them).

I was looking at the sky when a fleet that apparently belonged to my family approached, and thus, this annoying war ended.

Spoiler

That's right, the power of love is the greatest weapon of all time!
Welcome to the only story that uses "love" as its strongest weapon!
At the same time, it's time to see what's in store for Rudel and the others after the war.

[collapse]

6