Save 50 – Oath to the Sacred Tree
141 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The classroom had been shrouded in a somber atmosphere since morning.

Students were talking about Warren, who was seriously injured and hospitalized.

"Did you hear what happened to him yesterday? It seems that Derrick's group has targeted the Altfode students.

"They should go back to their country, it's safer for them."

"It's regrettable, but there's nothing we can do for them. The culprit was a nobleman with divine protection."

It seemed that having divine protection or not was a big deal to the people of Aster.

Apparently, if you had divine protection, then you could be called a noble. The nobles here had a different start from the nobles in the kingdom.

They were nobles because they were recognized by the sacred tree.

They would not be noble without that recognition.

And then, if you were noble, whatever you did to those without divine protection would be forgiven.

"What a horrible country."

I muttered to myself. Lucy, who was sitting across from me, looked down.

"I'm sorry about your partner."

"Thank you, but yesterday I spoke to a professor belonging to the Herring Household on the future heir's side. He said he'd talk to Derrick."

Lucy looked surprised, but she also looked relieved to hear that.

It was a lie, I say that so she wouldn't feel bad.

Liam came in normally and unlike me, he was calm. That's because he knew there would be big trouble brewing if we touched Derrick.

"Bradford, I'm going with Erselica today to check on Warren."

"I understand."

Lucy turned to look at me with her usual cheerful smile.

"Is it true you have a little pet bunny? Erselica-chan told me the other time. Can I come over to your house to check on her?"

"Yes. Feel free to go anytime."

Professor Malcolm entered the classroom just as Lucy was looking more cheerful.

"Everyone, quiet. I think you've heard about what just happened, but, still, we'll start class as usual."

The professor looked at Liam and me with his eyes as if asking if we were okay. We both nodded and the class began.

◇◇◇

After school.

I was going home together with Lucy. I was waiting for her at the entrance right now.

"She's running late."

"She said she was going to talk to her younger sister, Diana, first."

It seemed they lived in the same apartment, so I didn't want to worry her because of her late arrival home.

Being a big sister was hard.

I also wanted a big sister like Lucy. It reminded me that I have two horrible older brothers at home. Lyle, the stupid first born and Bram, the serious dork.

I wish I could trade them in for Lucy or Sara.

"Master, there's a little problem."

"What happened?"

Ixion was monitoring Lucy. There seemed to be a problem going on there.

"The capture target, Jude, is closing in on Lucy. The situation looks dangerous."

"Spare me from all this trouble."

"I'll show you the way."

I ran inside the building with Ixion's guidance.

Still, what the hell was going on for Ixion to consider it dangerous?

After running for a moment, I ran into "Sara-chan" when I turned a corner.

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

She was curious when she saw me running in a hurry.

"Aah~, sorry. I'm short on time, so excuse me."

"Wait. You can tell me."

"No, actually it's about Lucy..."

Sara's expression changed from cheerful to annoyed when I mentioned Lucy's name.

Did she hate Lucy that much?

◇◇◇

Lucy was pushed against a wall in an empty hallway.

"What are you doing!"

Lucy's back hit the wall and she looked at the culprit. In response, Jude reached out his hand and leaned it against the wall.

He intentionally made a loud noise to threaten Lucy. And then he brought his face closer.

"That's my line. Lucy, I hear you're going to another man's house."

Lucy's back went cold.

Jude's face was attractive, but it only caused disgust inside her.

(Why is he so persistent... how disgusting.)

"Don't touch me!"

Lucy cursed him inside her heart while on the outside she tried to push Jude away.

But she was facing a man.

He was taller than her, too. He was even stronger.

She could only push him a little.

"I can do whatever I want. I don't need to ask your permission. Besides, stop spreading the rumor that I'm your woman. You're a nuisance."

She and Rudel were in the classroom when they talked about her going home.

In other words, there must have been someone in the same classroom who had informed Jude about it.

It was disgusting how far Jude was going to ask about her. She couldn't take it.

Lucy thought Jude would be furious at her words, but instead he was smiling.

But, that was a sinister smile.

She wanted to back away, but her back was pressed against the wall.

"Lucy, it's all going to end for you at this rate."

"N-No point even if you threaten me. I'm not going to do what you ask me to do."

"You're wrong. That's not it. Right now, Derrick has them in his sights."

"Huh?"

Lucy was confused due to Derrick's name suddenly appearing, but Jude ignored her and continued.

"The hunt is almost over. Only the kingdom boys are left. Same goes to their guides. Haven't you wondered why you haven't seen some senpais lately?"

Lucy began to tremble when she heard that Derrick would target her sooner or later.

"Th-that's absurd! They're supposed to do it to expel foreign students. Not to hurt their countrymen."

"We're talking about Derrick. Even among vermin; that guy is the worst. The teachers asked me to tell him not to do it anymore, but that guy doesn't listen to anyone."

"You're in danger at this rate. But, if you become my wife, I won't let a mere bully like Derrick lay a hand on you. What are you going to do, Lucy?"

Jude knew that sooner or later Derrick would target Lucy as the Altfode student guide. He used that information and waited patiently until this moment to make Lucy his wife.

Upon realizing that. Lucy kicked Jude's crotch.

"Don't fuck with me!"

"Guh!"

Jude reached down as he held his crotch. Lucy looked at him with a cold stare.

"Aren't you ashamed in making use of kinky things to get me? I hate men who are persistent and don't know what a 'no' is."

Jude broke into a cold sweat as she bent over. But he still smiled.

"I like it... that spirit of yours... that's why I want to make you mine. But, it seems like you're being too naive. It's pointless even if you try to trust Lugh. That weakling won't be able to protect you. I'm the only one who can."

Lugh came from Lunor Household, one of the six great noble houses. He was also Diana's fiancé.

He would surely lend her a hand if she asked him to. But Jude claimed it would be useless.

"If Lugh comes out to help you, then I will help Derrick."

If Jude, who was the heir of Banfield Household, lent his help to Derrick, then Lugh could do nothing himself.

Lucy was even angrier to know this.

(This guy, how far will he go, why is Diana telling me to be with someone like that?)

"Are you saying you'll help Derrick?"

Lucy clenched her hands. She understood that at this moment she couldn't do anything.

(This is really the worst.)

(Is there... no way to oppose the six great nobles?)

Lucy wanted to cry.

(The power of the sacred tree will make us succumb to them whether we want to or not.)

Jude painfully stood up and made a shaky smile as he placed his hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"If you become my wife, you will be able to live a life without any inconvenience. Those students you care for will be able to be safe. Your younger sister wants that for you, too. But if you refuse to be mine, if you'd rather be in the arms of another man than me, if you're going to belong to someone else, then here and now I would rather..."

Jude's right hand glowed.

His emblem began to glow red.

"I'll never allow it, Lucy, you'll be mine whether you want to by hook or by crook!"

Lucy was beginning to shed tears as her mouth twisted in pain.

A voice came from the distance at that moment.

"I won't make it in time, Ixion, I choose you!"

"Master, what are you saying? Master! S-stop..."

Lucy brought her gaze toward that voice. Jude's gaze was also drawn to that and he looked in the same direction.

A gray metal ball smashed into Jude's face.

"Puah!"

The iron ball accurately hit Jude's nose. He was bleeding from his nose as he collapsed on the ground and then lay down with his legs spread.

The gray ball rolled slowly across the floor before slowly floating away. This one rolled its red eye towards Rudel, who was approaching.

"Home run! It doesn't look like it."

Rudel was rejoicing, but in contrast, the gray ball spoke with an angry tone.

"What was that supposed to be!! It was very rude of you to use me like that. I'm the pinnacle of a super technology of ancient humanity, not a toy ball to be treated as your personal slave. Besides, I corrected the trajectory mid-throw. There was no way you could hit something with your weak wrist. And, I demand an apology from you."

Rudel snorted sarcastically.

"Pff, you wish."

"As I guessed, you're the worst, I hate you, master."

"Is that so? I feel the same way, you potentially genocidal scrap."

"Correct that please. I have a name which is Ixion."

"What a splendid name. You may show me your reverence for giving you that name."

"Shouldn't you treasure me more, master?"

"I am treasuring you, in my own way."

The two were on bad terms, no matter how they looked at each other.

"Huh? What?"

Jude was slowly getting up while Lucy was confused. His hand was pressing his nose, but blood was still dripping from there.

"A-Are you the bastard foreign student Lucy was going to meet?"

Jude was furious. He flashed the back of his right hand.

It looked like he was planning to use the power of the emblem.

"Rudel-kun, run! This guy is an heir of the six great nobles!"

Lucy stepped forward to cover Rudel, but Jude pushed her away and turned his right hand towards Rudel.

"It's too late!"

But... Sara appeared in front of Rudel with the emblem on her right hand glowing similarly.

Sara was covering Rudel.

"Jude, do you want to make me angry?"

Jude lowered his right hand quizzically to respond to those words.

"Sara, why are you protecting that guy, that guy is a scum who put his hand on my wife!"

Sara smiled slightly playfully in response, and crossed her arms, not before teasingly touching her hair.

"Is that true? This is the first time I've heard of this woman being your mistress. Jude, can you at least tell the difference between your illusion and reality? Or does Banfield Household have a history of mental illness?"

"Guh. Do you really want to fight me?"

Both of them came from the six great nobles.

"Oh, you want to make this problem bigger? You'll be the one at a disadvantage in that case. Are you forgetting that I'm the Acting Chairman's daughter? Do you want your father to get in trouble with mine for something like this? I have no problem telling my father that you tried to lay a hand on me."

"Tch."

The powers of their emblems were the same.

But, Rosenberg Household, which currently served as Aster's main house, had a higher status than Banfield Household.

Jude turned his back on them and spoke to Lucy before leaving.

"Lucy, don't try to deny it, you have no other way but to choose me!"

Lucy glanced at Jude before bringing her gaze back to Rudel and Sara.

This strange grouping was unexpected to her.

"Sara, why did you help me?"

With a disinterested aptitude. Sara touched her hair and looked in the opposite direction of Lucy's face.

"Hah, what are you talking about? You seem to be misunderstanding something my dear, I didn't do it for you, I simply acted in defense of Rudel-kun who was here."

"... Rudel-kun? Since when are you guys so close that you call him like he's your childhood friend?"

Rudel smiled in joy as he saw that without effort let alone knowing what was going on, he gained an ally. But at his side was a gray sphere pressing its body into his cheek.

"Then you would really help me if I asked you to."

"Th-that's right."

Sara blushed as she saw Rudel smiling at her. Lucy watched this strange scene and didn't know how this unfolded. So she decided to at least say thank you.

"... Well, the fact is that you really helped me at this point, so thank you. Thank you both."

Sara turned her back to Lucy.

"About what I heard from Derrick. He wasn't at his mansion he's staying at nor did he come to class today, but tomorrow as soon as I see him I'll certainly give him a reprimand."

"More importantly Rudel-kun!"

Sara ran over and entwined her arms with Rudel's left arm.

"I want to finish what we couldn't finish yesterday. Come on, let's not waste time, but first I want us to go somewhere."

Lucy was surprised at the scene she was seeing, for some reason she was annoyed and also moved to grab Rudel's free arm.

"I'm sorry! But I also have an important date with Rudel-kun, you know?"

"And that matters to me!!? I mean your business, not what he does."

Rudel was very surprised by this strange unexpected twist of fate.

(Ehh, what the heck is up with this situation straight out of a cliché romantic comedy!)

(My virginmeter is rising to radioactive levels of danger!)

Sara, like a child fighting over a toy, was pulling Rudel in her direction.

And in response to that, Lucy was making her more annoyed.

"I don't know what business you have with him, but can't it be another day and just today?"

"Those words I return to you. I only need him for a few moments and then I'll take him home."

"Sara, you are engaged to Tom! Why do you go after a man?"

"Hah? You're misunderstanding this. Firstly, we're not engaged yet and secondly, the way you say it makes it sound like you don't want your secret boyfriend to be stolen."

Lucy blushed at that.

"H-He's not my boyfriend or anything, he's just a classmate! But you're the suspicious one!"

Rudel was in a panic, not only because of the event happening but also what he heard.

( I didn't know she was going to get engaged to one of the heroine's romantic targets!)

"Ixion, help, this got out of control!"

Ixion, who floated beside her, was looking in the opposite direction of his master's face. He turned to look at him and uttered unexpected words.

"This is what you call 'caught in the act of infidelity', isn't it?"

"Ixion!" Rudel said quizzically at the tone his servant was using.

"I want you to apologize to me and come to your senses about the bad treatment I receive from you. Don't look for me, I will, when you stop cheating on them."

Ixion flew out an open window leaving Rudel alone with two girls.

"Rudel-kun, come with me for a while. There's someone I want you to meet." Sara was saying as she used all her strength to pull him to her side.

Rudel bowed his head.

"Someone you want me to meet?"

Sara stopped and looked at him with an embarrassed look, but with moist, loving eyes.

"My parents."

"... Huh?!"

Rudel and Lucy went blank at hearing a possible confession.

"W-what are you thinking, aren't you the princess of Rosenberg Household!"

What was someone of her status thinking that she would want a foreigner to meet her parents?

"Don't tell me, Sara are you really in love with Rudel-kun!?"

Even Sara got nervous when she saw Lucy's reaction.

"I-Idiots! Don't have any weird misunderstandings! I have a reason to say something weird like that, so come with me for a few minutes."

Rudel was shaken back and forth by Lucy and Sara tugging on his arms.

Then.

"Aah. Aaaaahhhhhhhh!"

Rudel's virginmeter couldn't take it anymore and in response to that. He pulled his arms roughly off them and jumped out the window.

Rudel ran in panic as they watched him run east out of town screaming.

"A virgin doesn't need so much unnecessary stimulation!"

◇◇◇

Night had already fallen.

Liam and Erselica were in the square buying things like clothes and food for Clovis who was taking care of Warren.

Thanks to Aster's healers using the power of the sacred tree. The wounds were reduced to only minor bruises that would heal in a short time.

Liam, who won a contest of strength to Chlust and Frey to see who would protect Erselica from potential bullies. He was enjoying that moment.

(We weren't able to have moments like that last semester because of everything that happened, sorry to use a hospital visit to spend time with her.)

Liam fell in love for strange reason with Erselica last year. Airi should have been the one to do it with, but now he was saying he loved a woman who lied to the kingdom and also whose life was on a tightrope.

They were both happy. Liam couldn't leave the inside of the castle and he always longed for that.

He also had the woman he loved by his side, you could say, Liam got what he wanted the wrong way.

But he was still happy.

He was until they were suddenly surrounded by a group of young strangers.

Erselica looked panicked. In response to that panic, Liam faced them.

"You guys, what do you think you're doing? Don't you know that, if you pick a fight with the prince of a foreign country, you could cause a huge international problem?"

"You noble Third Worlders, it's a nuisance for you to step on this magnificent land with your disgusting feet."

It was Derrick who stepped out from among his lackeys and stuck out his tongue while making a vulgar expression.

Erselica watched that in terror.

(Wait, the event where this was happening already happened and besides it was supposed to be because Liam stood out. I made sure he didn't do anything, but why is this guy looking for us?)

"Trouble you say?"

Derrick and his lackeys laughed at those words.

"So what if there is, huh!!? A pathetic, miserable third world country can't lay a finger on Aster, the land of the chosen humans. You think anyone would lift a finger if something happened to them, huh?"

The surrounding people, including military men patrolling the area, came out of there after seeing Derrick.

Liam looked around to see if he could use anything. He had only a tree at his side.

He plucked one of the branches which was thin, but thick as a baseball bat, and said.

"Don't say I didn't warn you. Erselica, I'll protect you no matter what."

Liam turned his head to see Erselica who was looking at him with wet eyes.

(I can't believe one of the weird lines Bradford says just worked!)

(I'm sure I'll score a lot of points if I continue like this.)

"Scumbags, go get 'em!"

Derrick snapped his fingers and the flunkies ran straight for Liam.

Without moving from his position, he just waved his hand, the branch imbued with mild magical power.

One by one as if it were a game of throwing things he sent them flying after hitting them.

They flew straight to their other companions or into the trash cans.

Derrick watched in annoyance as more than a dozen men flew away as if they were light dolls.

They did not know that in the Altfode Kingdom, where the adventuring trade is practiced, it was normal to have a trained body. Liam, had dedicated since his childhood to training his martial arts, swordsmanship and magic power. For him, opponents like that were just a game.

There was only one person Liam couldn't defeat, not even using his tenth birthday present of an armed unit.

Liam looked at all the fallen and his honest thoughts came out.

"What a sorry state this is. Surely the only individual I must face and defeat is him. You guys aren't even good for warm-ups."

Derrick became very annoyed. He raised his hand in Liam's direction and a magic circle manifested.

"Don't think you're such a big deal, you third world scum! Eat this, energy beam!"

A golden light shot out at high speed.

Liam didn't even blink, he raised his hand and the energy beam was struck by the branch directing it into the sky and exploding.

A confident smile could be seen on his face. He didn't even use a large amount of magic power for it.

Derrick was very irritated.

"A trash like you is nothing compared to the power of the six great nobles!"

More bolts of energy shot out.

Liam simply deflected them to places where they wouldn't cause much damage to the structures or Derrick's lackeys.

Derrick looked tired, but his annoyed face changed to a smile.

"Fine. You want to play, let's have a duel?"

Liam looked at him quizzically.

"If I win, we'll have fun with you. But if you win, we'll leave and apologize for what happened at your embassy. If you accept, say, 'I swear on the sacred tree'."

(This guy looks weak. His magic power is very weak too. Even in group they can't even with me, I can win).

"Fine. I accept. I swear on the sacred tree."

Derrick looked at Liam and then stuck out his tongue wildly.

"This guy is a tremendous idiot without a doubt! Not only do you not doubt, but you accept without hearing what the duel is about, gyahaha!"

Erselica looked at Derrick in confusion.

(Why is she laughing? It's obvious that my prince is stronger, but... he swears by the sacred tree? I feel like something like this has happened before...)

Then Erselica, freaked out.

"Liam, refuse the bet fast!"

"Too slow!"

Derrick pointed at Liam.

"The duel is this! Kill each other!"

No one could comprehend something as absurd as what he just said, but Derrick was still smiling.

"Don't say stupid things, like I'm going to do it!"

Derrick's mouth distorted into a wide grin that looked like a crescent moon, in the next moment. The back of his right hand also glowed.

"Too bad, it looks like you broke the duel agreement!"

Erselica watched in amazement as a magic circle manifested beneath her feet.

"I remembered right! This is the event where Derrick kidnapped the heroine! But we never saw any developments to involve us!"

"Gyahaha, watch closely you idiots! This is the power of Aster's blessing! The oath to the sacred tree! Anything that is sworn in its name and is broken will fall victim to its fury!"

After the green light shone, roots and vines grew from the circle wrapping around both of their necks.

After a few seconds. The magic circle stopped glowing and the roots dried up falling to the ground.

Liam watched Erselica worriedly and noticed something on her neck.

Erselica also noticed something on Liam's neck.

It was a mark, almost like a tattoo in the shape of a snake that ran all the way down his neck.

"Gyahaha, this is your punishment, you morons will never be able to use magic power again! If you try to do so, that light will glow and suck all your mana out of your bodies!"

"And to make it more delicious, that mana will go straight to me. Making me more powerful, gyahaha."

Liam tried to cover the branch he had with magical power again. But as he tried, his neck tightened.

In the instant he seemed to be suffocated. Erselica was taken hostage.

"Hey, don't let that dwarf go, we'll use her as food for the dogs since she's no use to us for fun."

Erselica was frightened, either by the one or the other she heard.

Liam wanted to save her, but without magical power he couldn't defeat them.

Derrick approached him with a metal chair from nearby.

Liam couldn't do anything but stand still and say.

"Erselica, sorry, I screwed up again for everyone."

Derrick lifted the chair as far as his arms would go.

"You idiots, let's take care of this scumbag and then that other guy hanging around nearby!"

Liam's head was slammed down hard by the metal chair. After he fell to the floor, Derrick's lackeys came to hit him with different objects.

Liam looked at Erselica in terror and had a thought.

(How pathetic I turned out to be again. Once again because of me we will make trouble for the kingdom. If... you were in my position, what would you do, Bradford?)

Rudel's image popped into his head and Liam laughed as he was savagely beaten by Derrick and company.

It was already too late.

After running off after two girls who were harassing me, I was on my way to find Ixion who flew off in annoyance.

I bought a coffee. I wasn't at home or at Erselica's mansion or anywhere else.

So I went to a coffee shop near the square to relax and think.

As relaxed as I was, I didn't realize I was surrounded.

A group of young men with strange colorful hairstyles kept me from opening.

From among them a boy wearing clothes that made him look like a thug appeared.

His hair was green and his eyes were yellow.

He had a bottle of wine in his left hand.

"Hey."

He spoke to me, his breath stinking. I don't know if it was because of his yellow teeth or the smell of alcohol.

"If I'm not mistaken, you're Derrick, right?"

"That's right. Don't forget the 'sama' when you call me by my name."

For some reason, I feel déjà vu.

"You want to have a duel?"

"I have a better option. Let's arrange it."

He was saying something strange, but I didn't think anything of it and said something that didn't go with my personality.

I was upset about what he did to Warren, but if someone had to beat him by the end of the semester I was fine with it.

"How much do you want to stop bothering us and our guide? Even if it doesn't look like it, I'm rich, give me your price and I'll deliver the money to you tomorrow."

For some reason, his smiling face was erased by one of astonishment.

"... Hey, I'm not amused by this."

"Huh?" I wondered as it made no sense what I was saying.

"Don't ruin my fun, you son of a bitch!"

For no reason, he raised his left hand and hit my head with the bottle.

"Puah!"

I could feel blood coming out of my head as I fell to the ground.

Then, he started kicking me.

"Who do you think you are to ruin my fun! You're just a scum from a third world country that's good for nothing but giving us money! Your women should serve us and desire our children to make them happy that we consider them acts of humans chosen by the sacred tree!"

"Give this whore a recovery elixir and we'll force him to swear!"

Some guys picked me up and gave me to drink an elixir to recover from these wounds.

After I came to my senses, this guy punched me in the face and then pointed me to look straight ahead.

There, my eyes widened in astonishment.

Liam was beaten and Erselica was with him. They were both tied to some sort of crosses.

"Say it! Say you swear to duel for the lives of these two!"

I have no idea what's going on, so I'd better listen to him.

"I... swear it."

"Gyahaha, tonight is great!"

A strange magic circle appeared under my feet.

"The duel will be... hit me just once and these two will die!"

My swollen eyelids flew open in astonishment.

"I-It's absurd and idiotic that. It's not a duel if I have every reason to lose."

"Gyahaha, in that case you accept the default of the duel, loseeeer."

The magic circle under my feet began to glow. Roots came out of the circle and wrapped around my neck.

Then it disappeared and the roots dried up.

"With that we have almost completed the hunt! Now let's go to her house and blow her up."

"Derrick-sama, if I'm not mistaken, it came out in the reports that this guy has an airship."

A pointy-headed guy pointed at me.

"So what about it?"

"It's very beautiful according to the reports."

"..."

"Right. Change of plans, let's go to the port, take their airship and crash it into their kingdom's embassy. That way they'll think they've gone crazy."

"Th-That's stupid... puah!"

My face was hit by his fist and I fell to the ground.

"Don't give me orders! You scum, tie him to my car, put safety equipment on him so he doesn't die like the previous ones! And those two, tie them up tight!"

I felt someone grab my legs and put a very strong rope. Then, something like armor was placed on my body.

"Try not to die after the first few seconds. The armor was reinforced by the protection of the sacred tree, so it's tough, but it was made by us so nothing guarantees that it's functional."

"Huh?"

I don't understand anything going on, but I could watch as Liam and Erselica were placed in the back of the cars. Their crosses were placed and strapped securely so they wouldn't fly off. Wait, don't tell me that...

"Let's hurry to the port!"

In that split second, I could feel a hellish pain.

"Hyaaaaahhhhh!"

I was arrested by the asphalt as if I were a test dummy.

Little by little the armor was shattering, I was trying to use magic power to resist, but my neck hurt for some reason. But I had to as the asphalt at high speed was going to tear my skin.

With my eyes wide open from the pain, I watched Erselica crying which was swaying in the wind from the high speed we were going.

Liam was beaten and swaying just the same, he looked like he wanted to cry.

How did you guys end up here?

Before I knew it. My back felt very hot and slippery. Besides, we had already arrived at the port.

Some guys came to see me and after verifying that I was still alive, they gave me various recovery elixirs.

Then, they dragged me along with Erselica and Liam to the place where Schwert was anchored.

No, don't tell me that...

"Oh, this shit is so cute! It's got a grotesque horn, but it still looks excellent."

"Blowing it up at the embassy will be a waste."

"Totally agree."

An electronic voice was heard in the distance.

In the moonlit shadows, I noticed a gray sphere with a red eye coming this way.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ixion, the steward of this ship."

Derrick and his lackeys looked at Ixion who for some strange reason introduced himself.

"What are you?" asked Derrick curious.

"I am what you call a lost item. And, I overheard your conversation just now. It would be a shame for an aircraft with excellent combat capabilities to be destroyed like that."

Huh? Ixion, what are you talking about? What do you think you're saying?

"The human you see there is my former master. Because of all the disrespect he has given me, our contract between master and servant is broken. So I'm looking for a new one."

I looked quizzical and panicked at this unreal situation. Ixion, what the hell are you doing?

"I don't understand a damn thing you're saying, but are you the one in control of this ship? And the sailors or crewmen?"

"There aren't. I control everything as I am a super technology of ancient humanity. Which, is looking for a new master."

Ixion's red eye looked at me.

"Let's see... you're saying this guy was your master and now he's not? Why did I defeat him?"

"Partly yes."

Derrick burst out laughing.

"Gyahaha, the magnificent and unsurpassed, Derrick-sama has obtained a lost item without going to a dungeon! With this, I'll now have a better chance of becoming the new head of Herring Household!"

His lackeys burst out laughing with him.

"Boss, does that mean we can get rid of them?"

One guy walked up to Erselica and placed a small knife to her jugular.

She was shaking and crying. I could see a red drop coming out of her neck.

"Hah, what for, didn't you hear I got something better than bothering these idiots? Better buy booze and bring hookers, we'll have fun tonight in my new airship, yuju."

These idiots started climbing up the aircraft's escalator. I tried to move to stop them, but this guy kicked me in the face and I fell to the ground.

The flunkies untied Erselica and Liam because they had no more use for them. Erselica after settling Liam on a barrel to rest, came over to me.

She helped me to my feet and I watched as Ixion was on the right shoulder of Derrick who was walking the deck.

Ixion, have you really betrayed me?

Derrick finally attacked Erselica and Rudel's group, to make it all the more tragic. Ixion betrayed Rudel!
At this moment both Rudel and the Kingdom are in grave danger because of the alliance between Ixion and Derrick!

2