Save 62 ─ First Job
120 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The five idiots were sitting in a park.

They were dividing what they took of food and money.

The amount was in equal parts.

Once they divided everything, Liam spoke to them.

"It will be hard times for all of us to be separated from her, but, if we want to prove to them that we are her trustworthy men and not Bradford. I will go through thick and thin to prove it to them."

They all nodded with Liam.

"That said."

The five of them lifted their belongings.

"We'll see you at the end of the month, take care."

They gave a half and each went their separate ways.

◇◇◇

Meanwhile, back in Exner Household territory.

Aster National University was holding its vacations at the same time as the academy.

The Exner territory was the most developed in different fields; economic, medical, governmental, but mostly arts and music.

The university relied on those subjects to teach different courses.

That is because the Exner family of several generations ago felt superior to the other great nobles, probably because the priestess of the sacred tree of that time had favoritism for them.

They decided to found an academy, but some time later the great nobles decided to make another one. That annoyed the Exner, but they did not give up, they raised the subjects of study and in a few years it became a university of thousands of young people.

In the territory there was not only the university, there were also art centers such as museum galleries and other ways to express their creativity.

Music was well received, so orchestral concerts were held every night.

Theaters were the most popular because many actors were also models for magazines.

They were classic magazines, so nothing out of the ordinary was expected.

The great nobles had shipyards and workshops where they built the items that many countries, including the Kingdom itself, bought at high prices.

The only difference with the other territories was that the Exner family mixed the two and called them "Armament Factory".

It sounded modest and powerful according to its founders.

They had a total of seven factories.

Number seven to number four were for building airships, the current model measured 400 meters and was called Fortress Class. For its resistance to attacks.

Their rival always was and always will be the Banfield Household, they do not own even half of what the Exner Household created centuries ago.

But they don't give up, they created a monstrosity of an airship called Super Devastator Class.

It measured about 1000 thousand meters and held between 30,000 and 100,000 people.

It was terrifying in size and length, but not in power.

Weeks ago, one of that super class was shot down by an airship with a horn.

That's the reason a man came here today.

He came by limousine to the third factory, only the first three are in charge of developing Magic Armor to sell to other countries.

That man who walked down a long white hallway to get to the back of the factory.

He wore a suit as white as his teeth.

His hair was golden like corn silk and reached to the nape of his neck, his blue eyes were very cold like his aptitude.

That man was Linus Ian Exner, the current head of Exner Household, one of the Six Great Nobles and also one of the secret capture targets for this part of the game.

Behind him were his bodyguards, men in suits with pistols on their belts.

Linus walked up to the section chief to ask him for details.

"Good morning, Linus-sama."

"Good morning, how's it going?"

Linus watched the men at work welding and joining the pieces of an iron giant known as an armored unit.

An armored unit was a kind of robot that runs on mana to move.

In the Kingdom and elsewhere in the world, they move through conduits that suck the magical power of the pilot to run through the body.

While Aster's don't do that, they use the power of the sacred tree, the emblem of the nobles, to make the Armor suck the magic element out of the air.

That is, a method far superior to others. If the pilot gets tired, it is because his mana is depleted. But not Aster's, because it does not use the magic power of the pilot, but of his emblem.

That's why they sold them, many countries used that knowledge to try to obtain one of their own. They could do so since they were for sale, but since they did not possess an emblem, it was useless to seek that ability.

The section chief was telling Linus.

"I'm very sorry, Linus-sama. But we can't make one just like it, we don't have the plans or know how it works. We haven't even seen anything like this before."

Linus handed them a picture, it was a Kingdom armed unit known as a Battler.

His subordinates got the photo.

Weeks ago there was a problem with Rudel. Linus was upset that the great nobles had to spend word with a foreigner about the chaos in one of their territories.

Linus totally disliked the attitude Rudel took with them.

He was a very haughty, overbearing and disrespectful boy.

They had no choice but to say that it was an insurgency problem due to the Herring Household.

Linus wanted to at least know how that armed unit worked. At least have a guarantee that something like that could be shot down.

The same for his airship. The horned monster christened Schwert.

Both were monstrous and at the same time interesting.

It was a very powerful lost item no doubt.

The Exner Household if it had that power, could repay the Kingdom and Rudel for the humiliation it put them through.

Hearing that they couldn't reply to Battler, Linus lowered his shoulders in disappointment, he was about to turn around to leave when the section chief stopped him.

"Linus-sama, wouldn't you like to know how that other project is going?"

"Another project?"

Linus was a busy man for a 24-year-old. His subordinates took care of little things like this.

"Yes. We were creating a new Armor to put out for sale. Look at these blueprints please."

Linus was taken aback, he put his hand to his mouth to hide his astonishment.

On the blueprints was a new type of Armor, the top part was normal, but the bottom part was interesting and new to him.

It looked like a horse.

"It's called ´Gier´, we decided to create a new model so that the craftsmen of Banfield Household wouldn't show off their ´Ignis´ to us."

"Why does its lower part look like a horse's?"

"As I was telling you, it's a new model. We want to try new things. Besides, having four legs gives it greater mobility, but..."

"But?"

"It's really difficult to move it with one pilot. That's why we used two pilots, only two people can handle it because of not only its large size, but also due to the material it was built with."

"Did you use adamantine?"

"I'm sorry, but that material no longer exists, the last time someone used it was when Professor Rasputin created that monster."

"Rasputin?"

"It's normal you don't know him, since he is an artesian from Ereboreas Republic, he was responsible for creating the Armor of the Bloody Knight. The adamantine has not been seen again since the international newspaper mentioned he was killed."

Linus knew that, he knew who had done it, but he refused to believe such a thing.

"So, what material did you use?"

"We used mithril for the body and orihalcon for his spear. Just like the Fortress Class, we focused on its durability."

"That's why we asked ´him´ to help us."

"I see, he's here..."

Footsteps approached Linus, he was called from behind.

"Oh, what a surprise to see you here, Linus nii-chan!"

A young man's voice mentioned his name.

A joyful face showed on that serious face.

Linus looked at a tall boy, shorter than him, he wore a pilot's suit that marked his slim model body.

His hair like Linus' was blond, but it reached down to his shoulder blade. His blue eyes were beautiful and a beauty mark under one of them showed how handsome this boy was.

He was Tom─ Thomas Ian Exner, Linus' half-brother and one of the capture targets.

Long ago, Linus' father had taken him to one of his mistresses.

Behind an elegant woman stood a frightened little boy. The boy was afraid, but Linus reassured him.

The reason was because Linus wanted a little brother.

He had little sisters, but he wanted a little brother.

Linus visited him every day, he wanted to get along with that little boy.

One day, a knight of Exner Household left his Armor open because he was out to lunch.

Tom climbed in, and when Linus found him, he was amazed at what he saw.

The little boy despite it being his first time riding an armored unit, was doing very well, he needed more practice, but he was better than several knights.

From that day on, the relationship between supportive brothers was born.

A few years ago, when Linus was still at the academy, his father passed away and he was appointed as the new head of the house.

There were a few who complained and wanted to put Tom in. Linus was recognized by the sacred tree as the new head, but Tom. He didn't care much.

He loved his big brother very much.

So much, that he would support him in anything.

"What are you doing here, brother?"

"Adult business, don't worry."

Tom showed a bratty side as he approached his brother.

"It's secret stuff no! I don't like you keeping things from me!"

Tom was sometimes childish when it came to Linus, that was because he indulged him so much. Linus himself knew it, but he didn't care.

He was a student at the National University and was 19 years old.

University studies take between five and six years depending on the thesis being done.

Linus wanted to finish studying when he was 21, but it was impossible, so Tom took the same career his brother was going to take.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure, why would I lie to my cute little brother?"

Many viewed them favorably, but the women were different. They saw two good looking brothers getting along too well.

"By the way, Tom, what were you flying?"

"That."

Tom was one of Aster's best Armor pilots, even winning the national fencing contest in one.

Linus watched Gier getting maintenance.

"I see, and your partner where is he?"

"I don't have one."

"...!"

"Don't worry." Tom said, raising his hands and putting them behind his head.

"I'm so good~ I don't need any help, I can just take care of that kid."

"As expected from my younger brother."

Linus said putting a smile on his face.

He said goodbye to Tom as he had to get back to work.

As he watched him leave, the smile on his face disappeared.

(I heard from the elders of the house, that my brother was ridiculed by a nobleman from a third rate country.)

(I will not allow my brother to suffer shame by barbarians like them!)

Tom clenched his fist tightly as he thought how to regain the honor of his country, the nobles and, above all, his beloved elder brother.

◇◇◇

The idiots split up and sought employment.

One of them, Chlust, was the first to find one very quickly.

It was in a construction site.

He was on Herring Household territory rebuilding several destroyed houses.

Chlust thought about his first day as he was put to work moving some beams.

(Seriously!)

(Am I getting paid to train my muscles?)

In construction, the workers were not allowed to wear armor to move beams and other things, they had to use their muscles, which is why Chlust was hired.

As he grabbed a beam with his arm, he felt the weight of it.

But that didn't stop him.

He picked up another.

And another.

And one more.

Many more he took!

"Oryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Chlust shouted as he ran across the ground.

His muscles were hurting, but he didn't care, the reason was...

(My muscles feel like they've never had a workout before!)

Because he's a muscle jerk.

(It's totally different from training at home. I can feel how my body is finally showing its strength.)

(Really, His Highness's choice in working out was the best!)

Chlust gave a big jump as his muscles compressed showing the muscle strength they used.

(Not only will I show Erselica the best gift of all, I also train my body!)

(Being a laborer is my dream job!)

◇◇◇

A museum located on the Lunor Household's territory was where Warren was.

The museum was of antique airships.

Warren was happy to work there as he loves airships.

He thought he was going to be a guide, but no. He was a janitor, the previous janitor quit and a few more candidates.

The reason was that the boss was sexually harassing them being a man.

Warren didn't mind the sexual harassment, he was happy to work in a place where he loves to be.

With an old rag, he was polishing a window.

As he cleaned that glass, he thought.

(This is peace and quiet.)

(I can be surrounded by classic and modern airships all day every day.)

(Best of all, I earn money for my sweetheart's gift.)

(Honestly, I had my doubts about this. But make no mistake, His Highness was right. Getting a gift for her will not only prove me to be her number one. I'm also in a place I love.)

Warren was showing his deepest desire as he found himself cleaning a dirty bathroom being a son of a count.

◇◇◇

"Come on everyone, don't be shy!"

Clovis was at a water park in Wayne Household territory.

He wore a shrimp costume and had a sign in the shape of an arrow pointing in the direction.

He had no talent for anything but clowning around.

The owner of the water park saw him doing a puppet show for some kids and saw that he had a talent for attracting crowds.

"You won't regret it! The whole week will be 2 for 1 for couples! Even if you come with your kids, you'll get the discount! Kids count as half a person!"

Because of the comedian he was, Clovis would attract customers as if he were sampling a new product.

As the kids greeted him, he thought.

(Gosh, it's really exhausting, but... I won't give up!)

Erselica always told me I had a talent for making others laugh.

(I never thought that was true.)

(Besides, I feel much better seeing children's smiles than working as a palace official.)

Clovis was the son of a marquis house. He was raised with the best education, but that's all over now.

"The fun won't end early! We close at 7 p.m. so you can enjoy all day!"

Clovis enjoyed making others laugh than living a life full of luxuries.

◇◇◇

Frey was on a concert within the Banfield Household territory.

Thanks to his attractiveness and his former self, he was able to seduce and convince the interviewer to give him a job.

He wore a black suit with gloves and played a grand piano.

His hair was tied back, sweat beaded on his forehead.

Frey played a melody that represented a masterpiece written by a deaf musician.

All voices hailed Frey's talent.

But in the wrong way.

"Take that shit away and play some real music!"

"I can't get drunk on that!"

"Just because you're a good-looking guy, doesn't mean you think you're better than us!"

He was playing in a bar.

The piano was for decoration.

It was at the top of a section with no step, but somehow Frey managed to get on it.

The bar owner had an annoyed look on his face, he was hired as a waiter, but the women inside the place, including his wife and daughters.

They marveled at the graceful and beautiful silhouette of his long hair swaying from the intensity of the sonata.

As he dodged cans of beer, Frey thought about how good it was to be here.

(As expected of His Highness. My piano skills were a bit rusty, but thanks to him, I can not only improve them, I can also earn money for my goddess.)

The shouting was getting louder.

(Your Highness, how will you be?)

◇◇◇

It was nighttime in the territory of the ancient Vermillion Household.

Walking like a zombie, was Liam, rubbing his belly.

"... It's been two days since I ate last."

Liam was the one who proposed the idea of looking for work.

It was his idea to take the money from the mansion and go live alone.

It was his idea to come back at the end of the month to prove who was number one for Erselica.

Now, that prince was giving grief as his face haggard with hunger showed.

"... I thought with the money I kept, I could hold out."

Liam knew nothing of the use of money.

On his first day alone, he spent almost everything he had on a fancy dinner.

He couldn't get a job.

The next day he went looking everywhere for one.

When he showed up for the interview, he always said the same thing.

"I am the crown prince of the Altfode Kingdom."

Everyone in a gentle way, but with a complicated face turned him down.

At first, Liam didn't understand.

By the second day he began to understand.

No one wanted to hire a prince.

Liam had to sleep in a cheap hotel and eat bread that day.

By the third day he had nowhere to eat and nowhere to sleep.

By the fourth day, he looked very bad.

He was walking around the food square while touching his stomach.

Then, he heard some laughter.

"Hahaha, that's it, eat more Chlust!"

Liam stopped due to hearing the name of one of his friends.

Peeking through one of the restaurant's grates, he found Chlust eating spicy chicken wings next to some strange men.

They were all laughing.

There was nothing weird about that.

What was weird was that they were all naked.

Literally not, but certainly their bodies were scantily clad.

They were all wearing a speedo.

Looking at Chlust, he was amazed to see that his muscles were now much bigger, his skin was orange and he wore a fundoshi on his lower half.

It was manhood character written all over there.

Chlust shouted as he stood up.

"There's nothing better than coming in for lunch after a long day at work!"

"It's like you say, Chlust!"

"But you know what else is better!"

They all stood up and... posed.

"Growing your muscles is the best thing you can have!"

The muscles of all the bodybuilders, including Chlust, began to throb.

A strange flame appeared in their gazes as they struck poses that emphasized their muscles.

It seems that it's not the first time that happened, that's why the owner didn't kick them out.

Liam left there a little scared.

Further on, he found something even weirder.

It was Clovis dressed as a smoked rib.

Clovis saw Liam.

"Your Highness, good to see you! How are you feeling?"

Liam didn't know what to say at the sight of Clovis dressed as meat.

"I-I'm fine, and you?"

"Perfectly! I find myself working now as you can see."

Liam was amazed when Clovis told him he was working.

"I-I understand, I'll let you work..."

Liam said goodbye and left quickly. He could hear Clovis' cheerful voice announcing a new rib.

As he was escaping from there, he bumped into Warren.

They both fell, as he got to his feet, Liam noticed his presence.

Warren did too, and greeted him.

"Your Highness, is something wrong?"

Liam was about to apologize, but couldn't speak because of what he saw.

Warren was wearing simple clothes with sandals. On one side was a bucket with a mop and other cleaning supplies.

Liam asked him.

"W-Warren, why are you bringing that?"

"Huh? Ah, this? You see, it's just that I was on my way to my new job."

"New job!"

Liam said with his mouth hanging open.

"Yes. My old job closed for a while as they have to change the boss for stalker. So, I didn't want to waste time and got a new job."

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be late."

Warren left waving goodbye to Liam.

Liam stood up and walked staggering a little as he mumbled.

"I-I-It's okay, it went well for them, b-but that doesn't mean Frey's okay."

"Th-that's right! I'll tell Frey we're going back home to get some money and food. H-he'll definitely back me up..."

As he walked, Liam bumped into someone.

"Oh."

It was Frey who was wearing a suit.

"Your Highness, it's good to see you tonight."

Frey was sitting near a small music house.

Liam asked him about the suit.

"And-and that suit?"

"This? I'm on my break."

"... R-rest?"

"Yes. I was working at a bar and one night, a musician came in for a drink, heard me play and begged me to come play at his business. He pays me very well. Ah, looks like it's about time to go back."

Liam began to distort his face.

"Your Highness, if you don't mind, where are you working?"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Liam suddenly shouted.

"Your Highness! Where are you going?"

He ran off.

Snot was coming out of his nose as was his crying.

"WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T GET A JOB──!"

◇◇◇

Liam came to near a bridge linking the nearest islands.

He was depressed and hungry.

It was cold.

He was for the first time in his life seeing how useless he is as he rested in a fetal position.

"Guh~ Why am I so useless?"

"I'm sure, if it was Bradford or Alicelotte, they would be making a lot of money right now."

Liam was born to rule, more so not to work as an ordinary citizen.

"At this rate, I'll be the one coming home early or dead."

"I can't show Erselica this pathetic side. She'll leave me no doubt and run off with someone else."

Liam cried like a child.

The development he had to have in the game, was that of an innocent boy ignorant of the world.

But after meeting the love of his life, Airi. And the hideous villains, Rudel and Alisa. His life had to mature into a degree of wisdom by the time he should become a king.

But, thanks to Rudel himself, that never happened. So Liam, could never mature at the pace of the game's plot.

His path to save this world with his beloved, long ago fell into the sea and sank.

Now it was Rudel who took his place and his future wife.

While wiping his boogers, Liam smelled something.

It was a spicy scent, but with a delicious fragrance.

As he stood up. He walked to the place where the smell came from.

He came to a store.

The store had oriental characters written on it.

Liam knew a little of that language, it was from a country that was called Musashi.

"Ra... men?"

He entered the store.

"Welcome!"

An old man greeted him.

Other old men, some in suits and some in pajamas, were sitting on benches.

The smell of what they were eating caught his attention.

Liam walked up to the counter.

"What would you like to order boy?"

He looked at the pictures of different bowls of broth with a value nearby.

He pulled out the last of his remaining coins.

They were three copper coins.

"E-Er... is this enough for me for anything?"

The owner looked at Liam.

The cheapest thing on the menu was fifteen silver coins.

The owner took the coins with a smile.

"Sure, sit down."

Liam sat down and watched the old man chopping vegetables, frying an egg and grilling meat.

His stomach was rumbling.

Drool was dribbling down his throat.

On one side of the stove was a huge pot of broth.

He poured a large amount on the plate, totally different from the other dishes that cost much more.

The men eating their plates just laughed.

"Here you go."

A big bowl of ramen.

"The best dish in the house, tonkotsu ramen. Enjoy."

The dish of chicken broth with pork chop, egg and spices was making Liam can't take any more.

The owner placed a carbonated drink near Liam.

"It's part of the payment."

Liam did the same as one of the other customers before eating.

He placed his hands as if to pray and said.

"Itadakimasu!"

He ate.

He drank the broth with the noodles.

He chewed the boneless cutlet along with the fried egg.

A few minutes passed and Liam finished eating.

Once he finished, he put the plate down and without wiping his mouth he yelled.

"Uwooooooh!"

He stood up and screamed from the bottom of his heart.

"That's the most delicious thing I've ever tasted in my life!"

Liam was a prince. He tasted different dishes of the world in the best cradle of his country.

Something like chicken broth and noodles should be no big deal.

"It's amazing!"

But the way it behaved made it seem like he had struck gold.

"The texture of the flavor! The spices in the soup! The taste of the meat cooked to give that sweet taste as you chew! It's all perfecttttttttt!"

Liam's eyes sparkled as if he had found that thing he had been waiting for so long.

"Please!"

Immediately after, Liam prostrated himself in a dogeza position which he learned from Rudel.

"Let me work here as your disciple!"

Liam was dead serious.

"No. I'm not looking for an assistant. I've been for fifty years like this and I'll be fine for another fifty years."

"Please, I beg you!"

His head was still bowed.

"After tasting such a delicacy! It would be truly unforgivable for me to leave just like that! I want to take this delicacy back to my country and only you can help me!"

The owner looked at Liam who implored him to let him work.

"I beg youuuuu!"

"Come on, let the boy work."

"You're too old to cut the meat off the bone."

"If a young man asks you for something so desperately, it's an adult's obligation to help him."

"Shut up you old geezers."

"... Look kid..."

"It will only be until the end of the month! I beg you!"

The owner scratched his beard and then sighed.

"It's almost like two weeks till the end of the month. You won't get much. Besides, profits are bad lately."

"I don't care, I'll settle for a stay to live and eat!"

The owner sighed.

"... I suppose you could use my son's bed. But, I won't be gentle with you. You heard me!"

Raising his head, Liam asked.

"... Th-That means."

"Yes. But only until the end of the month."

The prince's eyes sparkled.

"I won't go easy on you kid. The road to ramen is full of sweat and blood!"

"Yes!"

◇◇◇

─A little while later─

"Liam, you're so slow! The soup will get cold!"

"Yes, I'm so sorry oyakata!"

Liam was running all over the place carrying dishes and taking orders.

The place used to be funeral. But then they heard that a very attractive guy was working there, girls of different ages came to see him.

"Gyahaha, hey, the place is more alive than before."

"That's right, in order to get in I had to stand in line for almost three hours. That kid is a blessing for you."

"Shut up you old geezers. Hey, Liam, you're being too slow! I'll dock you a day's pay for that slowness!"

Despite suffering labor exploitation as the only employee.

Despite living in a small, dirty room. With food consisting of rice and meat.

Liam, the protagonist, the prince of the Kingdom, with a cheek-to-cheek smile on his face.

"Yes, I'm so sorry!"

He was having the time of his life for a restaurant waiter.

The Altfode Kingdom, the ministers and his own family, could not imagine the dark fate that was forever sown that day.

*Oyakata means master or boss depending on how the owner is called.

This chapter is about "development", yes, it's "development".

0