Bonus Story – World Ixion/SAGA (Spin-off 4)
133 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am pleased to inform that part 4 of the spin-off is now available. It's time to deviate a lot from the story!!!
I look forward to your reviews of the volume and this if you can.

The pleasures of life are those that you enjoy in small portions.

I, Rudel van Bradford, am a simple and normal young man in a fantasy world, I died and was reincarnated in this place, in Altfode Kingdom.

My black hair and eyes indicate that I belong to a poor family from the countryside.

I came to the Kingdom's academy to study out of obligation.

It was already the third semester of my first school year. Soon this rare year will end.

It's been a few weeks since that incident with those weird guys.

I am enjoying my free time in the academy gardens drinking tea and cookies.

The voices of the students are enthusiastic as we finally enter a time where exams are less demanding.

"You look very happy."

"Of course I am."

I was replying to the person in front of me. Wait a minute, did I say I was alone?

My bad, but I'm in company.

Grabbing the cup of tea in an elegant manner, a beautiful refined girl was taking small sips.

Her hair was ash blonde pulled back in ringlet pigtails at the ends. Her beautiful navy blue eyes were reflected in the liquid in the cup.

She, Lynette von Altfode, was the crown princess of this country.

For a princess with huge breasts, yes, her chest is so big I'm sure she weighs more than a watermelon, she is a girl who became very special to me.

Deep down, I'm in love with her.

It turns out that I don't like her because she has huge breasts, but because I really enjoy her company.

"Is that so? To me it looks like you just enjoy watching something else."

"I enjoy our time together."

Lynette─ Lyn, as she asked me to call her. She became a little more open-hearted with me after returning.

I invited her to tea and unlike the other times I did and she called some women knights, this time she accepted.

Right now she just blushed, her cheeks turned red and she turned her face as she said stuttering angrily.

"W-W-What are you talking about you idiot! I only accepted this because I'm the princess! T-There's nothing hidden in this or much less that I really wanted you to!"

Her answers are even different from before. That "idiot" feels more like a line of embarrassment than actual insult.

It was all very nice. I enjoyed talking to her.

I wanted my life to go on like this, even if she has a fiancé to marry, but I did not.

As I thought about how awful it would be to see her at the altar with a guy unknown to me.

A man in a top hat and suit approached us.

The garden was public so anyone could walk through here, but this man looked like he came from the palace by his emblem on his chest.

As he was near the step to approach us, he knelt down and bowed his head before speaking.

"I apologize for interrupting your tea party, Your Highness, but I was sent here strictly to bring Earl Bradford to the palace."

"Me?" I said very intrigued by what had transpired.

"Yes. You were called by a person who needs your company at this instant. Please come with me."

I looked at Lyn before giving an answer. She looked at me disinterestedly as she continued to drink her cup of tea.

"Go ahead. If the palace is calling you it's for something important."

She seemed to agree so I agreed.

I accompanied the official to go straight to the palace to see what they want from me.

◇◇◇

The moment Rudel walked away, Lyn's look became melancholy.

Her bright eyes became sad and she set her cup down on the plate as she looked in the direction he went.

"Idiot. It's times like this that you should give priority to the girl. Dense idiot."

The palace was a huge place filled with many rooms.

It was so big, that the first time I stepped on it I got lost and ended up crying in a corner, it was embarrassing.

But a knight who met me said it was normal and that many people did, I hope it wasn't a lie.

Instead of going to the usual room where the prime minister would be, I was taken to a totally small office away from most rooms I knew.

The official knocked on the door and a voice inside said "Come in" and the official opened the door.

He asked me to come in and when I listened he closed it.

I could see a small light in this dark room, I approached the person who was writing in this almost complete darkness.

He stopped writing and spoke to me.

"Good afternoon, young man."

In front of me stood a man with a long beard, a stooped nose like a faucet key, and bulging eyes.

"I introduce myself, I am Minister Balzac. A pleasure."

"Err, nice to meet you, I'm─"

"I know who you are. Please have a seat."

I sat down and he offered me tea or something to drink, I graciously declined.

"Err, what did you call me for might I know?"

"Sure. You see, for months now, the number of pirates invading our beloved kingdom increases every day. The rural nobles can't stop them and even our economy is affected as merchants don't sell our products nor can we buy from other countries."

That's true, this year I have fought many sky pirates. They are a real pain in the ass.

"But... a few weeks ago we heard that you fought against a group of terrorists who tried to take over the capital and kidnap the princess."

"That's right. So... you want me to go defeat pirates?"

Minister Balzac smiled, it was a very ugly smile as many of his teeth were yellow, some were missing and some were black like pirates.

"That's perfect. You are someone who picks up fast, you can tell that for something the prime minister is fond of you."

I was a little embarrassed.

"Don't exaggerate please. I'm just fulfilling my role as a patriot."

(Actually I do since I got screwed if I don't, so I better lie that I do it for the country.)

"With that said, please head to these coordinates, we found out that pirates will attack there soon."

I checked the location coordinates and...

"These coordinates are from my island!"

The minister's face was serious.

"That's why we called you, who else but the owner himself is best suited to protect his territory?"

"You are right, I thank you for the help."

"No big deal, please go get ready and leave as quickly as possible. A supply fleet will go after you finish."

That took me by surprise.

"Won't I get help?"

"It may seem negligent of us, but the palace is busy more than before, besides, we have full confidence in you, you have been promoted so many times that you are already at the level of the great knights."

That was a compliment. I liked it.

"Well~ it can't be helped."

I puffed out my chest and tried to show off.

"I'll show them that there's no better man than me."

"May the saint be with you."

I always find it strange to hear that name. Who the hell is this saint?

◇◇◇

Rudel left the room, Minister Balzac's smile erased by one of utter distaste.

"Let's see if you can survive this, you hardened fucking brat. I specially prepared a certain man to take care of your head."

I arrived at the academy to say goodbye.

My friends, acquaintances and especially my mentor, I told them that the palace entrusted me with the mission to protect my territory after discovering that it was going to be invaded by pirates, it seems that they cared about me, that made me happy.

There was only one person who was not happy.

"Sorry."

I was saying to Lyn, who crossed her arms under her huge breasts to show her tantrum. Her puffy cheeks were evidence that she was upset.

I said to reassure her.

"I'll be back when I'm done, so it'll just be hours."

Lyn turned around after making an "Hmph" and as she walked long down the hallway she said.

"It's your business so you don't have to tell me anything."

I was watching her leave, I guess when she comes back I'll give her something.

Arriving at the port I found Bell and the robots waiting for me.

She was early in the morning putting things away as she planned to go punish bad kids she said.

I told her what we were going to do.

"Master, you are very irresponsible. That could be said any day, but just today, really?"

"Shut up and let's go."

I got on the boat a little annoyed by his response.

We arrived in a few minutes to the territory, Bell was readying Battler for battle.

A large jet black armed unit.

While she was busy that, I decided to go for a walk until I finished the preparations.

I wonder what I can buy Lyn?

◇◇◇

A fleet was approaching Rudel's territory, a man who was the captain, was sitting drinking a barrel of beer.

His skin was tanned and his head shaved in full, some scars on his face as an eye.

He was Jerico the Tyrant.

"Buah! Beer tastes better when the pay will be good."

"Captain, can we really trust that guy?"

"Huh? Of course we can't. We'll just go and see if it's true that it's only one airship that's the target, if it's true we'll stay to bomb it, but if not, we'll leave since we can't waste any time."

"The captain is a genius!"

"Let's teach those idiots in the Kingdom that you don't mess with the pirate hunter!"

The pirates were ready to wreak havoc in Rudel's territory.

Hours passed and it was night.

When the beautiful sun set and the glow of the twin moons illuminated the starry sky.

A fleet of thirty ships was approaching my territory.

I and Bell were ready.

I changed from hours ago into my pilot suit and Bell readied the weapons.

I boarded Battler after indicating to Bell.

"This will be a quick battle, I want to get back or faster to the capital."

"That depends on whether the enemies are easy to eliminate Master."

"I count on you Bell."

I don't like killing, I'm not a killer, but... I won't let anyone want to kill me, so I'll kill to live.

A group of armed units came out of the ships, heading straight for the ship.

Zwei, which is a temporary replacement for Reginleif that is still being repaired.

Pressing a button, Battler soared as high as it could go.

Being above the clouds, I started with the game.

From the backpack on its back came out several missiles which I launched.

The pirates flew desperately to dodge them, it didn't work of course.

The sound of explosions could be heard like birdsong on a warm morning.

But it was a bizarre scene as the wreckage fell into the sea.

At the same time, Bell was firing the cannons and several drones were coming off the deck with machine guns and missile launchers.

Enemy aircraft were falling one after another as if it were a cookie-cutter game.

Only about five minutes passed and of the thirty ships almost half were left.

This was going to be over fast.

"Don't think too much of yourself, you snotty little shit!"

Or so it seemed...

An armed unit was flying towards my direction dodging all the missiles, in his hand was a halberd, a battle axe normally used with two hands, but the pirate uses it with one hand.

He was close to me when I heard him talking trash.

"I am Jerico the Tyrant! The dreaded hunter of──!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Since this idiot wouldn't shut up, I pulled out a dull sword from the backpack.

I approached this idiot and hit him, but it seems he was a pirate with good reflexes as he dodged the blow and kicked me away.

No doubt he is a pirate out of the ordinary, but after all he is just another pirate.

It would be easy to take it out using missiles, the other armed units were fighting the drones so I'll take care of this guy.

I pulled out another dull sword and moved to his back to hit him.

He turned around and our weapons clashed several times.

I had the advantage since I was stronger, but this guy wouldn't give up, he possessed a lot of guts.

An enemy with guts is bad for me.

I want to end this now.

I activated the headlights to blind him, it worked as he shouted "My eyes!" but even with that he defended himself well.

His halberd wouldn't fall and repelled my blows.

Since I was already bored, I threw the swords aside to end this in the simplest way I didn't want to use.

"Bell, direct the energy into the palm of my hand!"

This is a trick I discovered, if I sent energy or magic power gathering Battler straight to my hand, a large amount of energy equivalent to be called laser beam would come out of my hand.

The palm of my right hand would glow, the light would grow to be called a small star on the horizon.

Once the energy was ready, I got close enough but the pirate knew what I was going to do, or appeared to know.

He backed up to the point he was running away.

"Don't be a coward and die like a man! Bell!"

I ordered Bell to fire close so that the impact would stun him, it worked as the pirate was falling into the sea, but he stopped.

I stood over his head and said.

"Bye~"

It looked like he wanted to say his last words, but I didn't care, I pressed the button and a light shot out impacting the armored unit which only needed a few seconds to inflate like a balloon and explode.

Now that I was done with the strongest one, let's go with the others.

It was dawn. A fleet of ten ships coming from the palace approached me.

Officials came on deck and I showed the corpses of the pirates that was floating along with the wreckage of their ships.

The official looked surprised, then with a bit of a stutter he said to me.

"W-We' re thankful for what you did! B-But it's still not over the pirate threat, we received reports before we came that more fleets are approaching."

That was bad, I'm still not tired.

"All right, this affects me anywhere. No matter how many there are, I'll finish them off."

After all, what's just a few more hours of making Lyn wait?

"Me and my damn mouth."

I remember the last time I said it was only going to take a few hours. Well, how long do you think it's been?

It's been over a year exactly since I said that!

I'm in my last semester of my second year of school without even going to class!

"Kill the bastard!"

"Don't let him run away!"

"Whoever gets his head will be rich!"

The pirates since last year haven't stopped screwing around. Whether in my territory or the surrounding area.

Right now I was fighting a fleet of a hundred destroyer cruiser type ships or something like that.

They seem to have taken notes and the Zwei cannons are slow to sink them, but it doesn't matter.

Since, for the past year, Bell has been repairing the enemy's ships and armored units for use by the robots.

My fleet consisted of about two hundred ships and ninety armed units.

So it should be easy to sink these guys. The thing is that, they're very persistent.

It's like shooting a zombie.

I was cutting and launching missiles, but the pirates wouldn't budge.

They even look like experienced soldiers. Maybe some of them were, but I don't care.

The battle started three hours ago and we were barely halfway through.

I really hate pirates!

Night fell. The pirates were defeated as the sun was setting.

A supply fleet was coming from the capital to give me things like food, water, clothes, and to inform me if I could go home now.

Please say yes.

The official was informing me...

"Thanks to your efforts, the royal palace is pleased to promote you to a margrave, congratulations, Margrave Bradford."

Being promoted is good, but...

"I still can't go home? I've been on the frontiers and boundaries of the country for a year now!"

The officer bowed his head as he apologized.

"We are very sorry. But the current situation demands that only you can help us."

I really hate this, but if I refuse, I would be treated as a traitor.

"... Is there at least evidence or some sign to know when the pirates will stop?"

He quickly raised his head to say.

"Yes. According to our informants. Very soon a large fleet of a fellow called the pirate king will be coming to the following coordinates."

Sometimes it amazed me how rare and coincidental they could get information in this world with no internet or phone lines.

I checked the coordinates.

That's three days counting today when they will arrive. That's good, it allows me to rest for two days.

Before the official left, I handed him my usual letters.

"Please carry them very carefully."

"Be sure it will be so."

In an effort not to make them think that I had died to my family and acquaintances, I write letters telling my life and when I get bored of being here so that they know I am still alive and the same.

But no one answers me, not even my mentor, they are rude indeed.

I said goodbye to the official and watched as the robots brought up the food.

Bell floated to my shoulder.

"Master, isn't this very strange? We haven't set foot in the capital or your parents' territory for a year."

"My parents don't care if I live or die, so let's say it's a neutral relationship. Besides, the pirate problem is getting worse."

"Certainly, the pirates are getting smarter and with better strategies."

"More important Bell, we have two days to rest, I would like to go to the nearest island to sleep and eat a lot."

"The nearest island is the same island where that incident happened."

"I see... never mind, it will be nice to have some rest."

(I'll also take the opportunity to buy some souvenirs.)

The trip took all night as we had to drag the destroyed parts of the ships and armored units. At the same time two days is how long it will take Bell to repair everything.

So on my own I decided to walk around.

I watched as the streets are full of people and street vendors did not let pass.

Then, after making my way through, inadvertently a street stall caught my eye.

It was a ragged man with a box on his stomach and ropes on his back.

The reason he caught my attention was three shiny objects.

As I approached I noticed two items for girls and one for a man.

The man's was a beautiful blue ring and the girls' was a hair accessory in the shape of a blue flower and earrings also in the shape of a blue flower.

I was drawn to them.

I asked the seller how much it was and he said "One gold coin".

That's a very cheap price considering its jewelry.

I gave him the gold coin, but before wrapping the items he said.

"There is a legend that says, a long time ago, a man gave the most important woman in his life two gifts, the gifts were to let her know that he would always be with her even if he wasn't physically with her. They are connected through their feelings these items according to legend. If you give it to a girl, she and you can feel her emotions bond."

Sounds like bullshit.

But they are pretty and that's what matters.

I thanked the raggedy man before looking for something to eat.

It's been three days since that.

Bell was giving orders to the robots and configuring the ships while I stretched after putting on my suit.

As I was trying to touch my toes, Bell came to brief me.

"Master, I'm detecting an enemy signal closing fast."

"Means it's about time, huh. Bell, get everything ready, I want to finish this very─"

"Master this is impossible!"

I asked, "What's wrong?" At which Bell replied.

"The enemy fleet is bigger than calculated!"

"It's three... no, four── it's almost a thousand ships!"

My body stopped at the sound of that madness.

"Almost a thousand ships.... You're kidding me aren't you?"

"I'm sorry I'm not kidding."

My expression turned rigid.

"I guess it's not for nothing he's a pirate king."

Looks like this battle will be different from the previous ones.

◇◇◇

A huge fleet of ships over three thousand meters long was rapidly approaching the position where Rudel was standing.

In the middle of them all was the flagship "Titania", a beautiful blue-colored ship with white wings and a black horn.

Inside the cockpit, was a very organized group of men and women giving reports and information to their allies.

They all wore a white uniform of green stripes with gold trim.

"The number of enemy ships is two hundred and fifty."

"We have detected more than a hundred armed units."

"Enlisting rail guns in case their shields are powerful."

The sailors were experienced and organized to be pirates.

That's because... we're not pirates.

They were soldiers of a certain country.

In the middle of that darkness illuminated by magic circles, there were three men in the center watching everything.

Two of them were to the right of a seated man who was the supreme commander of this fleet.

One of these men was very small, about the size of an eight-year-old child. He had an adult beard and his hair like eye color was brown.

While the man next to him was so stocky that his shirt was open, showing body hair and his manly breasts.

His hair was long and reached to the floor, the color that was light blue of eyes and hair shone in that darkness.

As the seated man lightly touched her cheek asking.

"Is that the target?"

"Yes. We just confirmed the reports delivered and it is the same."

"Good, go get his head."

With that said, the operators gave the order.

The enemies sent their armored units. The armors covered almost the sky and their shadows were hundreds of them.

The ships were in the same position, they did not move, they just stood still.

Only their cannons were moving into a frontal attack position.

Bell's airships were approaching while armed units, drones with machine guns and floating robots with bazookas were coming out to fight.

I decided to get more serious than usual and from Battler's backpack I pulled out a new weapon Bell created.

It was a gray scythe with a golden blade, it was a weapon that sucked magic power to use as a weapon.

I had a button near my hands(Battler) to activate it.

I approached the enemies and began to cut them.

It was difficult.

Battler is superior to any current weaponized unit as it was created by an ancient humanity that was destroyed long ago.

The enemies put up a fight, but no one is a match for Battler.

Bell ordered the robots to use the bazookas to create smoke screens.

The drones had locked on to the enemies and fired the machine gun bullets.

The sound of metal being pierced and something falling into the sea was very clear, like water hitting the roof on a rainy night.

The cannons contracted backwards from the shots that flew straight into the magic shields that were hit.

The enemy's defenses were slowly being destroyed to avoid further damage.

Everything was going normal.

I was hitting pirates while Bell ordered the robots to destroy the enemies without mercy.

Despite the fact that I'm winning... I have a strange feeling similar to something that happened once when I got overconfident, only I don't remember what it was about.

◇◇◇

Inside Titania's cabin, the seated man looked at the situation very calmly.

A cup of tea was poured beside him, he took it with a calmness and drank the liquid before speaking.

"It looks like everything is going as we expected. Now we move on to phase two of the plan."

He turned to the large man at his side.

"It's your turn, General Berkeley."

"Don't underestimate the enemy and get him to phase three. Do our country proud."

The tall man smiled, as he did so... a tail that was clamped around his waist twitched.

When he smiled, his sharp teeth were shown.

Showing his respects he said.

"Yes! You can be sure that with my 'Pandora', that damned fake human won't know what hit him."

"I hope so."

The man stepped out of the cockpit, his ears cocked, his ears were on the top of his head.

The man of boyish stature said.

"Are you sure about sending Berkeley, Your Excellency?"

The seated man shifted a little, in that dim light, one could see how his pointed ears twitched a little.

"I made him a general for a reason, besides, a dog like him must be good for something."

The operators laughed a little, all of them had long ears and were tall, only the man of small stature was the only one who didn't get the joke.

This is really strange.

We've been like this for several minutes now.

Armed units and some ships are down.

But they don't surrender.

I really have a bad feeling about this.

Are they suicidal idiots?

I finished cutting one of them in half, before his remains fell into the sea he shouted. "Long live the Sacred Kingdom and true humans!"

What the hell is the sacred kingdom?

True humans?

Are they all on drugs?

Never mind, just die and leave me alone.

I waved my scythe and more enemies were cut down, but it suddenly stopped, I looked at what happened and let out a gasp of astonishment.

A red armored unit with golden lines on the sides and.... cat ears stopped my weapon with its hands.

I tried to break free, but the pirate wouldn't budge.

So I activated the power of the scythe a little and a very bright yellow light took care of scaring him away.

The guy inside was talking to me while a magic circle formed on his back and feet to fly.

"You didn't do bad at all for a pawn. That's why I, General Berkeley will be the one to carry your head before His Excellency!"

These guys are certainly getting weirder and weirder, but no matter.

I decided to give it my all to finish him off.

From his side he pulled out a huge sword the size of a surfboard. I think it was called a claymore, this type of weapon.

He used his two hands, the huge sword was swung like a bath towel.

He quickly approached me, I covered myself with the scythe and the sword struck it in such a way that it made me tremble the strength it has.

The sword swung wildly, as if a monkey was using a stick. I could defend myself from his attacks, but the strength in them made it very difficult.

I tried to activate the magic power of the scythe, but the bastard was moving at great speed.

He moved away and his feet were placed in a position similar to an Olympian athlete.

Several small sized magic circles came out putting one behind the other. While on his back large magic circles appeared in the same way.

I also moved away and activated the missiles which were aimed to kill the guy.

But in a split second.

"Quadruple speed!"

The circles slammed into each other gaining more intensity and as it hit the body, it shot out like a bullet hitting me in such a way that it managed to cut the backpack a bit.

I panicked as swords and some missiles fell into the sea.

The bastard did not stop and did the same thing again.

I didn't let him as I moved in to hit him.

The idiot and I hit each other with our weapons, used our legs to try to knock each other's down and finally our fists with a free hand.

This guy was strong, I could tell he is very skilled at fighting.

Bell was trying to communicate with me, but kicking this guy's ass is priority.

I finally activated the magic power of the scythe. A huge magic circle appeared on the edge of the scythe and then as I tried to strike it downward, a huge lightning bolt came out and forcefully impacted the surface of the sea.

It was the first time I had used it, but I was surprised at the attack power of this.

A part of the sea was disintegrated, I could see the hole that was left momentarily before it closed.

I directed my gaze and then prepared to do the same as I said to it.

"You're so dead you have no idea you've already died."

◇◇◇

Inside Titania, the supreme commander looked at the situation with a bad expression.

"Looks like it's going to be a bit troublesome here."

"Your Excellency?"

The man stood up and said.

"General Algren, you remain in command until I return."

The general was taken aback.

"But Your Excellency, someone like you shouldn't go out on the battlefield."

"General Algren, as the next king of the new holy kingdom and the Albalate dynasty.  It is my duty to make sure that no false human tries to outsmart us."

"You remain in command during phase three. Listen carefully, let the hangar know to get my 'Oberon' ready now as I will be leaving after changing."

They all nodded. The general sat down in the command chair. The chair is very big.

The man who was the commander got out as he cursed.

"A dirty cat and a dirty fake human have ruined my day."

The battle against the guy with the halberd intensified more than I expected.

Bell seems to insist on communicating with me, but hitting this bastard and killing him is more important than any nonsense he says.

We were beating each other up when suddenly Battler detected something strange on the radar.

An object was flying towards us.

The guy with the halberd instantly stepped back and said something very strange.

"Your Excellency, what are you doing here?!"

Your Excellency? Why to be pirates do you treat it like royalty?

A beautiful blue armed unit with golden edges and wings on its back was in front of me.

The guy was flying a little higher, so when he spoke, he seemed to look down on me from his height.

"Why does it take you time to deal with trash like this?"

"I'm sorry Your Excellency, but this fake human is very strong, even I, who am the best warrior of our race and country, can't defeat him even if I want to."

Race? Country? What are you talking about?

"That is irrelevant, General Berkeley. That you could not kill this rat and had me come to help you is proof that you are not the strongest man in our land."

"I'm so sorry, I'll kill him this instant!"

"No."

The guy in the winged armed unit stared at me.

I have a lot of questions because of the weird things they say, but I don't care.

The guy pulled out a sword identical to the one used in fencing tournaments.

I still had the scythe in my hands, so it was a piece of cake.

Before I lunged to cut him down, Bell forced communication.

"Master idioooooooot! Answer meeeeeeeee!"

"... Bell, this is no time for─"

"Look around you!"

I heeded her and as I looked to the side.

"What the hell!"

The enemy fleet was encircling the surroundings and closing the openings, just like forming a ring.

Armed units and ships were being attacked from all sides.

The guy in the winged armed unit was talking to me.

"A worm like you can't understand the basics of strategy. To top it off, the fleets we slaughtered were just patriotic dogs."

The sword he drew began to glow.

"I, the great Findor Ceret Zel Albalete, the next great king of the holy kingdom of the Albalete dynasty, will be the one to take down the pirate hunter!"

"Uriiii!"

With that strange sound, the guy was approaching me and when he brushed his sword near my shoulder.

"...!?"

A small part was cut off the same way you cut cheese with a hot knife.

(That sword is an energy sword... a lightsaber perhaps!)

The bastard used a damn lightsaber. Something that only in movies should exist.

But he wasn't the only one.

"I won't let you disgrace the proud race of panther men!"

Swinging his great sword he struck me in the back.

I used that force of the blow to fly straight into the sea and launch missiles before I went down.

After sinking, I surfaced and watched the cloud of smoke.

A claw came flying towards my arm and grabbed it.

The guy from the wing-armed unit approached.

He moved his hand and I used the scythe blade and a gathering of sparks flew from the pressure between the two weapons.

"Unacceptable! The great technology of the elven realm─ the true humans, being on the same level as the nasty fake humans! I won't accept it!"

His strength increased as the wings on his back generated blue flames.

Despite Battler's superiority, this guy's strength was gradually overcoming me.

Out of the cloud of smoke came the other guy.

He was coming very fast and with a great swing of his sword he aimed at my side.

Before he hit me, I kicked the guy with the wings and dodged the attack.

Stepping back, I activated the attack.

"Don't fuck with me anymoreeeeeeeee!"

A great light emanated and I swung the scythe to launch the attack.

A lightning whip was released moving randomly.

The guys dodged it, but three ships nearby were engulfed and destroyed.

They exploded shortly after making contact.

I was surprised to see the huge cloud of smoke it generated.

(The power of this thing is incredible, but I don't know how to handle it.)

The guys were impressed, I used opportunity to get closer.

First I went to the guy with the cat ears, used the scythe and cut him a little.

I couldn't kill him as he noticed too quickly, but the scythe managed to penetrate his armor and I heard a scream.

As I withdrew the blade, I noticed red liquid dripping from the tip.

The guy was cursing me while screaming.

But I didn't think anything of it, now it was my turn with the other guy.

Huh? Where is he?

He was here a few moments ago.

"You think I'm just as big an idiot as that mangy cat!"

From the sky came a voice, as I looked up, I observed the bastard coming at high speed, our weapons impacted.

Again it was a clash of forces, but this time it was different.

One of his hands was free.

From his waist he drew another sword─ no shit!

The light shone and he raised it high. With a single slash, Battler's right arm was severed.

"Damn!"

Battler's arm was falling into the sea.

Now the bastard had two lightsabers.

"You've seen it! This is the power of Oberon! The ultimate culmination of technology of the holy kingdom!"

"A filthy fake human can never overcome true humans! Victory is ours! Uriiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

It is just as the bastard says, the situation is really bad.

I could watch as the ships I owned were sunk, the armed units destroyed and Zwei being attacked from all directions.

Bell was saying in an alarming tone.

"Master, Zwei is in critical condition! It's not a ship designed for combat so it doesn't have the defenses that high! I suggest you use 'it' fast as it's our only salvation at the moment!"

I watched as Zwei smoked from different sides from the explosions.

I had no choice.

I didn't want to use this since it means Battler is out of energy.

But there's no other option anymore!

I quickly moved away to a position where I can use it.

The wing-armed unit guy humiliated me.

"Hahahahahaha, this is the power of the pirate hunter? Don't mock me, a worm is just a worm!"

"General Berkeley, I grant you the honor before you die that you finish off that worm."

"Yes! I'll die after I've torn that damn bastard to pieces!"

The guy with the ears looked annoyed, I need at least five minutes to load this. So it will be bad for me.

Since I don't have an arm, I can't defend myself, I can only get hit.

"Feel my wrath!"

The guy quickly came towards me and with his sword started to hit me.

Battler is tough, but the attacks left dents and little by little the sword seemed to want to pierce towards the circuits.

Still four minutes to go.

"This is all you can do!"

"It's like you say general. It really is pathetic."

"I feel like an idiot for accepting that request for the reward."

Request? Reward?

Three minutes left.

"Die! Fall and die!"

Battler was beginning to smoke as well and the cockpit was slowly being punctured.

With a great movement, a part of the front was torn off and I could see the sunlight.

Two minutes left.

I couldn't let them hit me one more time, so I backed off.

"Don't run away, you filthy rat!"

The guy with the wings came at me and punched through the side of the cockpit. Remnants of metal hit my face.

"Gyahhhhhhhhhh!"

I screamed in pain as one of them buried itself in my face, the muscle around my left eye was affected so I had to close it.

My right eye was watering from the pain and I could barely see.

By the time I realized the countdown, there were less than ten seconds left.

I backed up until I was close to Zwei.

"Shoot the bastard!"

Winged Guy shouted and a hail of cannons and bullets pummeled me relentlessly.

Battler was reaching his limit.

As I climbed onto Zwei's deck, I raised my remaining hand and aimed at the side of the enemy ships.

From the palm of Battler's hand, a hatch opened and a sphere came out, the sphere glowed little by little and in less than a few seconds the glow intensified.

The guy with the ears was coming at full speed.

"I'm going to kill you this time leech!"

Too late.

"You guys are so~ slow really."

I smiled despite the situation being unfavorable before.

"I won already!"

Bell shouted.

"Admire my continuous wave laser beam baby!"

A white light the size of a baby's arm was fired at high speed straight at a ship.

It pierced the hull and interior, like a crane, I directed the motion to cut through everything so it wouldn't stop.

A few moments of making contact, the ships exploded in great size devouring the nearby armored units.

They tried to break formation, but it was too late.

I was almost to what I believe was the flagship.

A voice shouted.

"Uwaah, Your Excellency save us─!"

But it was too late. The ship exploded into a large size which devoured other nearby ships.

I paused my attack for a moment to aim at the eared idiot that had finally come into my sight.

"Die!"

"You really are a pain in the ass!"

I pointed my hand at the part where the cockpit should have been and with one big bang it exploded.

The explosion engulfed Battler, but nothing happened to him.

I watched the fleeing fleet, among them was the guy with the wings cursing.

I would not allow him to escape.

I had a few missiles left, so I launched them all straight at the ships.

Then I directed all the remaining laser energy to kill it.

It seems his Armor can detect attacks, he dodged it, but it was useless as half of his body was destroyed and he fell into the sea.

I tried to fly, but Battler could no longer move.

I ordered Bell to prepare a boat, my rifle and some escorts.

We were approaching the guy with the wings who was floating on his back.

The robot escorts opened the hatch. They checked if there was no danger, one gave me a signal that everything was okay.

As I carefully approached with the rifle, I observed the one who almost killed me.

It was a very normal thing in fantasy worlds, but it seemed strange to me that I had never seen one before.

An elf.

A man with a beautiful face, long hair and bright eyes. But his right side was shattered, his ear was missing and he was almost completely covered in blood.

He cursed me despite being me pointing the gun at him.

"You wretched, miserable fake human! How dare an artificial life like you, created by us, defeat me! Me, the next great king of the holy kingdom! Findor─"

I gave him a good punch on his nose to shut him up. I broke it too.

"I'm going you─"

When he wouldn't shut up, I gave him a hard one this time in the mouth.

He insisted on wanting to tell me crap.

I hit him so hard that almost all his front teeth fell out.

I asked him.

"Answer me. what was all the crap you were talking about ordering and bounty?"

He looked at me like he was looking at a brown baby before he pulled the valve.

I threatened him again and he finally spoke.

"There..."

With his undestroyed hand, he pointed to a small demeanor at his side.

A small robot came in and opened it.

A piece of paper was inside. The robot took it out and handed it to me.

As I read only the first part...

"What the fuck does this mean!"

I cursed my situation.

I demanded it tell me the contents of this paper if it was true.

"Hey, long ears answer! Is this real?"

The guy smiled with his teeth shattered.

"I accepted the request since that guy was going to help me to overthrow the current royal family and thus, I would take the throne."

"I don't give a shit about your super secret monologue! Answer who asked you to come and kill me!"

According to this paper... is an assassination request for me.

My face is on this paper. The reward is such a crazy figure that it comes to ten zeros. The total amount of the Kingdom doesn't even come to five zeros! Where the hell would they get the other five zeros?

I kept asking him.

"Answer me, who was it that asked you this!"

He was thoughtful for a moment and then said a name that horrified me.

"A fake human like you... his name was Alzack if I remember correctly."

(I don't know anyone by that name... no, something's wrong there... there is someone with a similar name.)

I said it out loud for him to hear.

"Minister Balzac was it?"

"Yes. That was him. You guys have such ridiculous names I don't care to remember."

(Why would Minister Balzac want to kill me?)

(That doesn't make sense. I'm a named knight of the kingdom.)

Something is very odd about all this. But I definitely need clearer answers.

There is only one thing to do.

I reached out to a robot to relay to Bell.

"Bell, try to repair Zwei as quickly as possible, we will go to the capital this instant."

Before I could finish what I said.

"I am Findor Ceret Zel Albalete! An elf, a real human!"

The guy with his arm ripped off came out of the booth pointing my rifle at me that he stole from the robot I gave it to him.

"You humans were created by our ancestors to serve us, but you rebelled against us! The glory of the elves, true humans endure forever! Uriiiiiii!"

As he pointed the rifle at me to pull the trigger. The robots disposed of him in a hail of bullets from the machine guns they used.

The guy fell inside the armed unit.

Really, what the hell was going on?

◇◇◇

Inside a beautiful guest room in the palace of the Kingdom of Altfode.

Minister Balzac was fixing his suit.

Sunlight illuminated the room.

He was brushing his long beard as he muttered.

"I'm sure that repulsive elf had to take care of him."

"After all, the technology of the holy kingdom rivals that of the lost and found. I hear they're similar."

He had finished grooming himself, headed for the door.

On his way out, a servant was waiting for him.

He accompanied the minister as he made his way to a certain room.

"Minister, I inform you that the guests will start arriving after dark."

"Well, it would be annoying if they arrived earlier."

"There are also several nobles such as households like Peetak, Trifas, Lucle and Halberdt who wish to ally with you."

"That's great, they are all from families with very famous merchant connections."

"Definitely luck is smiling on me, I'm just a little short of being the new prime minister, fujajaja."

"About that..."

The minister looked sideways at the servant.

"Say it."

"Yes. There are people who still support the prime minister, which is backed by the queen, that's why they don't wish to join you."

The cheerful smile faded instantly.

"They are unnecessary, as long as I have the goddess of fortune on my side. Sooner or later I'll be the new prime minister and they'll regret it."

"By the way, where is he?"

"Yes. Count Easton's heir is still in training."

Minister Balzac sighed as he clutched his forehead.

"That boy doesn't know that today is an important day and breaks into a sweat. Bring him in immediately!"

"Yes!"

The servant left the minister and ran off.

Minister Balzac came to a room which was guarded by female knights. They were not from the palace but from the temple instead.

What exactly was going on in the palace?

The female knights greeted him and opened the door.

Balzac entered and greeted the person who was sitting looking out the window.

The sunlight covered her face.

Balzac approached her and began to speak to her.

"Today is a great moment for I─ Err, I mean we, fujaja. After all, today is the day where a new future for the Altfode Kingdom emerges."

"And all thanks to you princess─ no."

Balzac gave a creepy smile showing his yellow teeth.

"Right now there is a better title for you, Saint Lynette-sama."

Sitting in a beautiful white dress, a white necklace, a white bracelet and a white scepter with a heart-shaped jewel.

There was Lyn gazing with her beautiful blue eyes out the window.

She replied to Minister Balzac.

"Of course, Mr. benefactor. It will be a great day for us."

Despite saying that. The light in her eyes did not reflect the same happiness she indicated.

As if... her soul had left her body.

___________

World Rudel/Saga, part 4, end.

0