Save 96 ─ Mastermind
67 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First of all, I feel better now.
After sleeping I recovered, the only thing I feel is a slight back pain, but nothing else.
About the chapter, it answers itself, what you will see.
The dynamite fuse has already been lit and I'm afraid no one will be able to put it out.
If the word "resounding asshole" had a synonym, do you think their names would be there?
There were no illustrations in this chapter so it will not be uploaded to drive.
I leave fan service of the dynamic duo returning after a long time.
Airi: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/31341003
Alisa: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/31364903

The morning was rowdy as usual.

The idiots were making a racket during breakfast.

We were all ready to go to class.

Lucy next to me served me an extra portion of fried bacon, again I heard Liam who had a foul mouth complaining about how I was getting extra portions.

What this idiot doesn't understand is that I'm the one paying for the food and also that Lucy is my girlfriend. Grow up for once, you idiot prince.

Before I took that bacon wrapped in melted cheese into my mouth, Ixion surprisingly informed me.

"Master, a fleet from the Kingdom has arrived."

"From the Kingdom?"

"Could it be to deliver something or change officials?"

"I don't think so, they came unannounced and besides they are escort ships it seems."

"Who are they escorting?"

"Alisa and Airi."

I was surprised to hear their name.

"They're here?"

I quickly stood up, Lucy next to me looked at me.

Only days ago she knew about my girlfriends, she was already accepted as such. But it seems she still felt strange.

I asked her, "Do you want to come with me to the port?".

And she answered me. "I would like to, but I want to see Diana to talk about what happened yesterday".

"I understand. I'll send them your greetings."

Despite Lucy saying she wanted to go see Diana, she seems to want to avoid contact with them. Problems with women and me are indeed disastrous.

Before I left, Erselica yelled at me.

"There is no more food, buy more please."

I looked at her angrily as it seemed I was her servant. To make it worse, she was right.

Felicia accompanied me as Alisa was her lady.

Arriving at the port, I was shocked.

The usual thing was to see Aster military men scared and foreigners in awe.

For some reason this time there were no foreigners, ships from other embassies, tourists and merchants were directed to another dock.

Only Aster and Kingdom fleets were here.

The military and sailors passing around us kept staring at us.

It makes me feel uncomfortable to be seen like that and more so if it is from unfamiliar people.

Felicia was talking to the ship's captain, I lost sight of her.

The ramp finally descended.

Just like the other time I had in my hands bouquets of flowers the color of their eyes.

I have no idea why they came, Ixion made a comment about their visit.

"They probably couldn't stand the urge to want to see you."

"Even if that's so. It's rare for them to come when it's not a vacation, let alone when it's not a weekend."

It's only been a month since we started our third school semester, so their desperation at seeing me seems strange to me.

"They are strange, just like you."

It seems like this scrap read my mind, but still don't say it.

"They're already here."

I could see Airi coming down the stairs, Alisa was behind her with Felicia carrying her bags.

I approached the ramp and as I was about to greet them, suddenly Airi jumped on top of me and hugged me tightly.

"Rudel-san... I wanted to see you so much."

Airi's hug was tighter than usual, but through her strength I could feel that instead of hugging me it seemed like she was just trying to hold on to me, as if she was preventing me from going far away.

"Emm, Airi. what's wrong with you?"

I asked curious at this hug.

Alisa reached the ground, her look instead of being happy to see me, she looked more like a complicated one.

"Rudel, it's good to see you."

"Likewise. Err, is something wrong?"

"Unannounced arrive and also you two seem strange somehow."

"We came since Airi wanted to see you."

"Rudel, there's something we need to talk about."

"Where is Bell?"

The one who asked that was Ixion who was flying above our heads and descended after inspecting the place.

I noticed Alisa sending him strange looks while Airi hugged me much tighter when she heard Ixion's name.

"What's going on?"

"We'll tell you in a private place... like your home."

"Felicia, take our belongings to Erselica's mansion."

"Understood my lady."

With Airi still hugging me and Alisa sending strange looks at Ixion, we climbed into the carriage.

I forgot, the dress on both of them is just as beautiful as they are.

◇◇◇

"I can't believe it, they left without me."

Watching everything from the deck was a man in armor.

He was a young knight with black hair and eyes, serious in appearance. It was Bram van Bradford, the second son of Bradford Household as Rudel's older brother.

Why was Bram here?

It was because of a few days ago.

Alisa had asked the palace for permission to go to Aster.

The palace asked the reason for their trip as they had no reason to go being just starting the new semester.

Alisa demanded the palace not to ask that since it was something personal─ intimate between them and him.

The palace freaked out when Alisa emphasized not to pry into her private life.

Of course, to take a duke's daughter abroad required escorts.

The kingdom's forces were busy with the recent sighting of republic fleets on its borders.

Then, as if by miracle, he arrived.

Rudel's father.

He went to deliver his usual report to the palace when Alisa was there.

The ministers left all the responsibility on him since they were "family".

Walt got stomach pains when he had to deal with people of a high status.

Alisa hearing that her father-in-law was in charge of supporting her, ran to him and said.

"Please, father. Lend us a fleet."

For Walt, to be called "father" by a daughter of a nobleman of higher rank than his own, gave him almost a heart attack.

So he acceded to her whim, but Walt didn't want to go.

He delegated that responsibility to his heir, Lyle, who was studying to manage the territory.

But Lyle wasn't good at dealing with them either, so he used all his authority as the older brother and that responsibility fell to Bram.

Bram couldn't do anything more than obey.

For almost a week of the trip he spent locked in his room. Since he didn't want to deal with them and their sad expressions.

Normally, he should help them being family, but Bram had no experience with women after what happened with Ada.

She was his childhood sweetheart and she rejected him.

When he woke up and saw that they had arrived, he saw Rudel getting into a carriage.

The worst thing that could happen to Bram was to be forgotten,

"Now I'll have to go to the Kingdom Embassy and ask for a carriage."

"No, before that, where does Rudel live?"

"This place is huge just looking at it. The dock in our territory is just a tiny fraction of the smallest part of this place."

"So that's what a powerhouse looks like, huh."

"Excuse me captain, I have a query."

While admiring the place, Bram was called by someone.

He turned to look and a handsome young man with brown hair and green eyes was calling out to him.

Despite being of commoner origin, he was one of the main characters from the first game, Fritz.

After the war, Fritz spent his time in dungeons, he didn't even go to the academy anymore.

He became a full-fledged adventurer.

The reason Fritz came was because the Bradford territory needed sailors and knights.

They could not send many of their vassals as they had few.

So Bram sent a request to the palace and the adventurers' guild where the waiting time did not hesitate at all.

Many wanted to visit and test their strength in Aster's dungeon.

Bram didn't care about that, he just needed people to escort the ship.

If they were attacked on the way, a beautiful white airship known as Aurora would have made mincemeat of them.

It's just like Schwert, a 700-meter airship with a horn on the bow.

Except that Schwert is more masculine and Aurora more feminine.

It was Bell's touch to annoy Ixion.

Fritz asked Bram.

"We're here, can we unpack everything?"

"Uh, sure. Anyway, thanks for the help."

"Not at all."

Fritz helped Bram as vice-captain by being the most serious of them all.

Also when a twist in his stomach would come, Fritz would take over.

Fritz stared at Bram as Bram scratched his barely growing beard.

"Is something wrong?"

"No. Actually, I was wondering something."

"If you have a question, ask it."

"Thank you."

"... How does it feel to have the Hero of the Kingdom as a younger brother?"

A normal question asked Fritz to Bram.

After Rudel being treated as a hero, this happened often.

To Bram it no longer seemed strange that his younger brother, the boy who annoyed in the past, is an important figure in his country.

Although Bram himself had mixed feelings when he thought.

(I can't let anyone know about all the horrors Rudel has done.)

(Now that that guy is a hero, it would be very bad for the reputation of the family and the palace to say his negative things.)

(I guess I'll never be able to call him lazy in front of a girl anymore.)

After settling his throat, Bram said with a smile.

"W-Well, it's natural to feel confused about having a relative become an important figure in your country."

"But Rudel is someone who has earned that right and that fame after how much he has helped the Altfode Kingdom."

"I understand, one last question."

"Sure."

Bram's smile was as big as his height, but what Fritz said, chilled him to the core.

"How do you feel about your little brother being a murderer?"

"... Uh."

"I mean. He had to kill a lot of enemies and that's fine, but what about those who surrendered and begged for mercy?"

"There had to have been those kinds of people among all the people he killed."

"People like you and me, who were not to blame for their country having been hostile to others and sending them to die. But that we still threw down our weapons and someone mercilessly raised his sword and killed us."

"What do you think of that?"

Inside Fritz's heart, what he saw that day will never be erased.

His eyes saw Rudel kill a commonwealth soldier who begged for mercy.

Rudel coldly killed him regardless of whether he had a family or not.

Even after that, Fritz was sent to the now duchy of Talis to see that everything was going well.

In the general cemetery he observed several women mourning the loss of their loved ones.

While, in the bars and embassy, officials and knights rejoiced at Rudel's name as if he were an acquaintance of theirs.

To Fritz, Rudel was not a hero, he was a murderer who did not hesitate to kill someone who begged for mercy.

Bram gave Fritz a serious look as he replied.

"Sometimes there will be things you must do that you never thought possible. I've done it and I'm sure Rudel is not someone who enjoys taking the lives of others when he would rather avoid conflict than anyone else."

"With that said, I will go to the embassy, you are free to do as you please until further notice."

Bram left, Fritz muttered under his breath.

"Even if there are things you must do, you must have the modesty not to do them."

When we got to my house, we went to the living room.

I rubbed Airi's shoulder as I listened to Bell's story, which came out of Alisa's bag she told us.

My hand stopped and a cold sweat began to break out of my pores.

"... A dream like that."

"Yes, we came because Airi wanted to calm down."

According to what Bell told, Airi had a dream of the Kingdom being destroyed by Ixion.

I looked at him to see, Ixion was hovering on my shoulder quietly.

It wasn't strange his behavior, but from the way he doesn't move, he seems to be surprised.

What surprised me more, was the fact that Airi was called by that name by Liam, following me and Alisa being killed by her.

To creep me out more, this feels like when Erselica told me about the game, but from what I noticed, it seems more like the original version of the game.

I don't want to think about this as it scares me as it gives headaches.

"I-I'm sure it's just a nightmare. There's no way that would be possible."

"I agree with Master."

Ixion approached Airi, his glowing eye looking at her, Airi raised her gaze slightly to see him.

"Airi, Alisa, do you really think I can betray Master?"

"After all I've done for him?"

"After all I've put up with him, do you think I can betray him?"

I replied angrily.

"You say that as if it's the worst thing that ever happened to you."

"It is. Sadly, I'm tied to you, so I'm not a threat, don't you realize all the times I've saved you?"

"I really find it ridiculous that you think I would dare to do anything like treason."

"A lot can be expected of you."

"If that were so, I would have done it. Nothing has happened, has it?"

"That's my answer."

Ixion reassured them. Alisa smiled and said.

"Ixion is right. Airi, it had to be just a bad dream."

"He wouldn't betray Rudel after what they've been through."

Airi settled back on the couch.

"Y-Yes. That had to be it."

"Maybe because of all of Ixion's bad jokes, Airi-chan had a nightmare. For that reason, Ixion you should apologize to her."

"... I'm sorry."

Somehow, Bell made Ixion apologize.

If I found his attitude strange before, now much more so.

Did it affect him to hear that?

I looked at Bell, she seemed to mean it, I sighed after that.

"With that settled, the problem should be solved."

"You can go home now, can't you?"

Alisa sighed.

"True, but we can't go back after barely arriving. This will take a while."

"So you'll be gone for the weekend?"

"I'd like to leave after one day. The sailors and knights must rest..."

"That's right, I forgot!"

Alisa stood up startled, Airi too after seeing her face.

"Alisa, we forgot!"

"I know! I'm so embarrassed about it."

"What are you talking about?"

Someone knocked on the door, I went to see, and got a big surprise.

"Hello..."

"Huh, Bram?"

My older brother was standing in front of me.

Just like me, our smiles were terrifying.

Behind him was a suitcase and a carriage from the embassy.

I said to him.

"Come in. I'm surprised you came."

"It's not like I wanted to come, more like I was forced."

"It must be awful."

Our conversations as brothers have improved a bit after the war, now it lasts longer than a sentence what we say.

Bram asked me.

"This is your house isn't it? It's very nice. Beats the way ours is decorated."

"About that. How's everything at home?"

"There's a lot to talk about, mostly Dad."

"I see."

Bram became alert when we got to the lobby and there he saw them.

I took that opportunity to tease him.

"Hey, do you want to meet the mansion?"

"Mansion?"

After arriving at the mansion, Bram's face showed cold sweat.

It was due to the one who greeted us.

"Ah, good morning Bram-sama."

"G-G-Good morning, Ada-san..."

Bram met Ada who opened the door for us.

As always, her cheerful smile and large breasts make for an excellent welcome.

Bram was taller than her, so he must have looked down at her.

But even so, it seemed more like Bram was the small one by the way he shrinks down.

I decided to tease him more.

"Ada, are you free tomorrow?"

"Huh? My work schedule is daily, so I don't have days off."

"Too bad. For that reason, I'm giving you a day off tomorrow since this guy says he wants to hang out with you to talk about old times."

"...!"

"W-Wait, Rudel! I don't─!"

"If it's just to chat, that's fine with me."

"Huhhhh! You agreed?"

Bram was shaking with nerves or excitement having heard that Ada accepted the improvised date.

I walked over to him and put my arm over his shoulder.

"Did you hear that, dear onii-chan?"

"Tomorrow you can have a whole day off to spend with her."

Bram babbled, Allen came up to me and stretched my sleeve.

"Count, can we talk in private?"

"Sure."

I went with Allen into the kitchen and he gave me an angry look.

"Count, what are you planning?"

"All I want is for my brother to have a chance, if it doesn't work out... I tried at least."

"It's also good for your sister to have her own life and try her luck. I'm sure this is good for both of you."

"What exactly are you planning Count Bradford."

"... Nothing."

◇◇◇

"... This can't be."

Diana was watching a recording from a few hours ago on the dock.

She was watching Rudel and his fiancées.

Diana began to sweat so much that she could feel the chill in her bones.

"No... it can't be..."

The reason she was shivering, was because of an answer she came to.

"All this time... he always made fun of us."

A wrong answer.

"That guy... he has the heroine and villainess as his fiancées."

"...!"

(Now that I remember correctly, onee-chan told me that guy had fiancées.)

(I never asked him about their identities since they seemed unnecessary.)

(But looking at it now... it all makes sense.)

What she said, marked her fate.

"That guy was always looking for this... a harem of the women in the game."

"The flower head and the hideous villainess from the first part of the game."

"Now that he managed to become the guardian, he managed to get my sister and Rosenberg Household on his side."

"That means their goal all along was to take over this country!"

For Diana, the mere sight of Alisa and Airi was a bad omen.

Zero finished playing the video and commented.

"From what I could find out, the betrothed are named Irisdina and Alicelotte. The first is a commoner and the second is the daughter of a duke."

"... So they are they."

"Diana-sama?"

Immediately, Diana grabbed Zero.

"Where's Zack!? Take me to him now!"

"I need him right now─!"

At that moment, the back of Diana's right hand began to glow.

"What is it now?"

An emblem was manifesting, and not just any emblem.

It was the emblem of the priestess.

After a brief moment, the dim light stopped glowing.

Both Zero and Diana were astonished.

"I can't believe it."

Zero said as he analyzed the emblem on the back.

"It seems that for some reason, your mental state had to influence this a lot, thus managing to obtain that aptitude to be the priestess you mentioned."

"Congratulations. You have become the priestess of the sacred tree."

Diana could not believe it.

But more than that, she couldn't believe Rudel.

"Quick, take me to him!"

"O-Okay."

They set off to find Zack.

◇◇◇

After a few minutes, Diana arrived at Zack's.

She called out his name.

But she got a different answer than she thought.

"Zack!"

"Oh, Diana, it's you."

Zack was on his bed looking at the back of his right hand.

There the guardian's emblem was manifested there.

Diana was shocked to see that.

She walked over to him and grabbed his arm.

"I can't believe it."

She said, but then remembered the reason she came.

"It's true! Zack, we're in trouble!"

"That guy is dangerous!"

"Who do you mean?"

"Rudel! That guy has not only lied to us, he's also been playing us and manipulating us all this time!"

Hearing that left Zack speechless. He came to his senses and rebelled his secret.

"I see. Just like in my past life, there are those kinds of people."

"Huh? Past life?"

Zack noticed what he said, stood up and said to her.

"Diana, you're not going to believe this. But I'm a reincarnate, I got my memories back recently."

"That's very hard to believe."

"I believe you."

"You do?"

"Yes. After all, you were always weird."

(That shocked me, but I'd better not tell her that I am too.)

(I don't want him to think it's fate or something. I'll find out things about him later.)

(For now we should talk about what we should do now.)

They set about talking both of them into the night.

◇◇◇

After a meeting where Zack declared that he was going to start his revolution, he was interrogating different people in a private room.

He was listening carefully to what different people who belonged to the Kingdom were saying.

Only they were all traitors and corrupt.

"It was horrible. Without warning they took away our properties and kicked us out of the country."

"I can't go back to the Kingdom as they would kill me for something I didn't commit."

"It's all because of that wicked knight! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have lost weight."

He was listening to the tragic story of a woman who belonged to the group of women who took advantage of men when the law backing women was still in place.

She fled after seeing all the scams she pulled come to light.

"Don't you think it's a terrible story? That man took away our status and property and got our current position, what the hell did we do!"

"I see, that's a terrible story."

Said Zero who pretended to cry beside Zack.

"He's really like a demon, no, a demon pretending to be human himself. Because of that hateful Bradford, our family was kicked out of our house and fled to this country. I'm having a hard time living a comfortable life here too. Is this allowed?"

"I can understand how you feel. If you provide information about Rudel, I will pay you more. If anyone is in a similar situation, please let me know. By all means, I would like to hear about the situation in the Kingdom."

"Of course! The royal palace is crazy right now. It's crazy to pick up such a man and throw us out. Ah, come to think of it─"

The soldiers listening to the woman's story had an indescribable expression.

Zack was getting angrier and angrier at Rudel for what he heard, he also began to suspect that it was all a plan of his to take over the Kingdom.

But Zero thought differently than his master.

"That was wonderful information, thank you for providing it."

"I'm grateful! At least I want money to prepare an exclusive servant. Also, a place to live. I can't even rest satisfactorily in a small house like a stable in my present state. prepare it at once!"

(The personal subjectivity is too strong, it really is garbage what she says and to be believed is worse. However, it will be on the level of the material that will convince the master. Rudel von Bradford. I will ask you to be a demon for the sake of my plan.)

0