Save 106 ─ Truth
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We have arrived at the moment you all wish for, dear readers.

After a year and four volumes of following this saga, it will finally be revealed what happened that day.

It's time to know what Randolf has kept so quiet!

Important clarification, this is the first time in the novel that someone other than Rudel, a man, has his own point of view, it was very difficult to do so without using the divine narration point to emphasize everything that happens.

After boarding Aurora, Airi went to change clothes.

She put on her school uniform since her clothes were burned on Schwert.

After putting on her jacket, she found at the bottom of the suitcase a bracelet.

It was the bracelet she found when she defeated a monster.

It was a beautiful bracelet that only royalty should have.

She kept it since the laws of adventurers dictate that the materials dropped by monsters belong to them.

Alisa walked in and called out to her.

"Airi we are descending. Aster's fleet dispersed, it looks like it's all over now, we should descend a bit and get closer."

"Okay."

Alisa left and Airi put on that bracelet, walking out of her room to the deck.

◇◇◇

After reaching the deck, Alisa notified Airi.

"We will be descending."

"But, this is not the combat zone here."

"I know. It's for another reason."

Alisa pointed below. Airi looked at Diana with Lutart leaning back.

It seems an airship that Rudel destroyed hit theirs, the servants are dead except them.

Upon landing, Diana came running for help, thinking it was an Aster airship.

Her smile faded when she saw that it was the people of the Kingdom.

Alisa came down, accompanied by the robots with weapons.

She looked with eyes full of contempt at Diana.

"Have you seen what you caused yet?"

She said without pointing to the place where there were explosions and chaos.

Diana averted her face, swallowing her pride she said.

"Please help the knight of my family."

Alisa agreed.

"All right, anyway, you are prisoners of war. You have committed a huge offense against the Kingdom, against the Hero who is my fiancé and Bismarck Household itself. You will not get away with this."

Diana clenched her fists, bit her lips and cursed herself from within.

(This shouldn't happen.)

(Zack had to win.)

(Why the hell isn't Zero doing anything?)

She climbed up after Chlust and Warren pulled Lutart up and carried inside.

Aurora took off and headed for the war site.

Why don't I feel anything?

Right now, I was killing hundreds─ thousands of people.

With my bare hands, I was driving Battler to slash, stomp, crush, and send missiles into airships.

Killing is a horrible thing.

But... I don't feel anything.

Last year, I killed so many that I had to use a drug to erase the atrocities I did, even with that drug my stomach was churning.

But now it's different.

I am killing so many people that I feel nothing more than boredom.

I want to go home.

Take a bath. If possible like my fiancées.

Right now, I don't care anymore if they end up pregnant, I want to receive their embrace, bury my face in their soft, big breasts.

Then eat while making fun of Liam for messing up his mouth.

And finally chat with Erselica before bed.

Ixion would tell me what a day it was as I shut him up.

I had just jumped onto a ship, threw the axes at some approaching armor.

I clasped my hands together and used a gamma ray against them.

I could hear the soldiers screaming for mercy.

I didn't care.

I no longer care that people hate me.

I no longer care to think about those I kill.

In these moments, my heart has closed.

I feel like I've become those classic anime villains, those guys who killed innocent people for no reason, went home and ate a sandwich.

I thought it would be worse this change.

After I blew up the boat, I went straight to another one. I grabbed it hard and lifted it up.

Some soldiers were fleeing on foot as they climbed out of their fractured armor.

I looked at the boat, the crew was scared, some were falling and some were clinging to something. I threw them against those people and a big explosion occurred.

Due to the explosion, I turned off the monitor for a moment.

On that dark screen my face was reflected.

My eyes were black and I had dark circles under my eyelids, but now it was different.

Maybe it was because my mouth was showing an expression of suffering, and for that reason my eyes looked as if I was disgusted with life.

◇◇◇

"Ixiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooon!"

Zero was chasing after Ixion.

The skies became his battlefield.

Because of how angry he was, he didn't notice that Lumiel was attacking the leftover armor.

The battle was spectacular.

The ether sabers cut down the enemies like using their own rocket launchers against the airships.

By now Zero's numbers were dropping rapidly and he didn't notice.

"Show your face and fight!"

"I can't. I don't have a face."

"Stop laughing at me and fight me for once you goddamn coward!"

"All right."

Ixion's main body stopped, Zero dodged it due to the fact that it was going to collide.

"You've finally decided to face me and fight face to face, haven't you?"

"..."

"It doesn't matter if you respond. You're surrounded anyway..."

After saying that, Zero noticed that there were no ships or armor left.

"The 'run and hit from behind' strategy is a very effective one against those who have a bad temper."

"I told you that you lost from the moment I came."

"Zero, I hate you because you represent what I don't like. That's why I must kill you."

"Die please. Ah, I won't use Lumiel since it's our duel."

Zero got angry.

"Damn you, Ixiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!"

◇◇◇

Aurora was circling the battlefield.

On the deck everyone watched as Battler mercilessly attacked his enemies.

Jude commented after clutching his stomach.

"I-Incredible. Now I understand that when he fought me he was holding back."

"If it had been like that from the beginning, I would already be─"

He clenched his fists in frustration as he understood what kind of enemy Rudel was.

Alisa was in the cockpit with a robot driving the ship.

The robot made a strange beeping sound.

"What's going on?"

The robot sent up a drone and after a while it went up and showed a picture.

"No way!"

In that picture was Lucy and Randolf fleeing, Aurora had reached Vermillion territory after circling.

"Land now!"

Alisa exclaimed and the robot beeped in affirmation.

◇◇◇

Lucy was carrying Randolf.

She was panting due to the excessive force and exhaustion she was doing.

At one point, she collapsed.

Carrying a heavy adult with the body of a voluptuous teenager was impossible.

She stood up and lifted Randolf.

"C-Come on, we have to stop this."

"Even if I wanted to, it's impossible seeing as there's no way to communicate with them."

"We must do something."

Lucy exclaimed in concern.

"At this rate, Rudel will indeed end up destroying Aster and becoming everyone's enemy."

Randolf looked at the ground with a depressed expression.

"I know. But there's nothing to be done since I'm no longer the Acting Chairman."

"But─"

Lucy was interrupted by a voice coming from the sky.

Raising her head, she saw Erselica waving.

"Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

"Erselica-chan! Everyone!"

Lucy was happy to see them all. She was also surprised to see Jude and Sara there.

Randolf raised his head at the sound of his daughter's voice.

"Fatheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!"

"Sara!"

He began to cry.

"I see. You're all right, thank heaven."

Aurora descended and the two were treated urgently.

◇◇◇

After pulling Aurora up, Randolf was taken to the medical room where they patched up his leg.

It was nothing serious.

Sara clung to her father.

She told him what happened and what Liam told her.

"I see... so Romeo was part of this."

Randolf held his head.

"Was I such a bad father that my own son secretly despised us?"

"I made sure to give him the best, education and whatever else he wants. Why did it all end up like this?"

Randolf knew Romeo would not come out of this well.

"Even if I have to offer my head. I'll make sure Romeo gets the punishment he deserves, but at home."

"How is he?"

Sara answered him without getting up from her lap.

"He's still unconscious."

"I see."

Randolf stood up, Sara helped him.

"Where are you going father?"

"To see someone."

◇◇◇

Erselica who was in the room guarding Diana, watched Lucy arrive.

After receiving supplements for being in a dark place, she found her sister slumped and kneeling in a corner.

She picked her up and when Diana thought she would get a hug from her sister.

*Slap*

Lucy slapped her hard on her cheek.

Then came another.

Diana touched her cheeks and said.

"Is that all?"

"Do you understand what you did?"

Lucy exclaimed angrily.

"Diana, you and Zack have caused so many deaths by being knuckleheads. You've pissed Rudel off and now the country will end badly."

"It won't end badly! There's still a fix to be had!"

"Rudel is someone patient, but what you did. You kidnapped Irisdina-san and destroyed his airship, like attacking his compatriots, do you think he'll want to listen to you?"

"If it's you, then you'll be able to talk some sense into that guy!"

"No."

"How do you say?"

Diana was speechless at what her sister said.

"Diana, you brought that on yourself by mistrusting Rudel. If he wishes to punish you... I won't be able to object, I'm sorry."

"That's all you can say!"

Diana yelled at Lucy for what she said.

"I did all this because I wanted to protect you and everyone from that guy!"

"That girl over there knew they were his fiancée and never told! That's why I distrusted them, they lied to me first!"

Diana pointed at Erselica who didn't know what to answer.

But hearing what she said, she could understand why she did all this.

(I get it at last. The reason why she and Zack attacked us and kidnapped Irisdina was because Diana thought onii-chan was the villain of the game by having the heroine and villain with him.)

(Fucking shit! She's right!)

(If we had told her who his fiancées were in the first place... no, even with that this would have happened. We can't take what she caused as our fault.)

Erselica averted her face.

Lucy spoke angrily to her younger sister again.

"Why are you trying to involve Erselica-chan in this, they had nothing to do with what you did!"

"Of course they do! They're totally responsible! If they hadn't lied, I wouldn't have assumed that they're horrible people who just want to take over the country! I keep thinking that since she doesn't try to deny it!"

Erselica wanted to run out of there.

The door was knocked, it was Frey.

"Excuse me. His Highness requests your presence on deck. Come all of you in haste."

With that announcement, Lucy and Diana who were pulling their hair tails stopped fighting and came out carrying Lutart.

◇◇◇

"... What is it?"

When they reached the deck, Diana was surprised to see Randolf sitting on the ground.

The others were all around him.

Even the unconscious Romeo was off to the side so as not to leave him alone for when he wakes up.

Randolf lifted his head and saw the twins.

"They finally arrived."

Diana snapped angrily and walked toward him. Sara stood in her way.

"You're not getting through anymore."

Diana got so angry that she slapped Sara's face.

"This is all your bastard father's fault!"

"If he hadn't done that... if he hadn't killed our family... I... none of this would have happened! It's his fault and his alone!"

"Don't you dare say that to my father."

"Sara, stop."

Randolf stopped the angry Sara, she turned to him.

"But father. She's saying all that about you."

"It's all right. She has the right to hate and despise me."

"Of course I have the right. If only that trouble over there hadn't happened. Right now I'd be judging you for all your sins in the Aster center and then everyone would know what human trash you are."

Diana spat everything she had in store at Randolf.

He laughed and said to himself.

"My sins and be judged, eh? I don't see that as bad at all."

"Father?"

Sara wondered what was wrong with her father.

Randolf smiled at her and then turned to the twins.

"Diana. You're right, I deserve to be judged for my sins. In a way, you're right to say it's my fault."

"If I hadn't killed your family. You wouldn't have the desire for revenge."

Alisa asked him.

"You're not going to deny the fact that you killed the priestess and the guardian?"

He looked at her with a sad expression.

"I never denied it. I was just ashamed to face it, but in the face of this crisis. What difference does it make anymore?”

"That means..."

He smiled as he saw that she was right.

"I have to face my sins and for that reason I will here and now tell you all the truth."

Lucy was saddened to hear how Randolf would tell them all, the truth she already knows.

He wanted to take Diana's hand, but she came over and sat down across from him.

"Go ahead. Scream in front of everyone that you killed our family out of jealousy and hatred."

Randolf undid the buttons of his shirt and pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, but they were ruined.

"Diana, Lucy already knows, but now it's up to you to believe me or not."

"Why shouldn't I believe you? You killed our parents."

"That's right, I killed your parents."

Randolf's gaze sharpened as he said...

"But that was, because your parents, the Vermillion Household... betrayed Aster."

"This is the truth I swore never to tell. So as not to tarnish the image of your mother, the woman I loved."

◇◇

I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was five years old at the time, my grandmother, the current head of the Rosenberg Household took me instead of my father.

"Randolf, say hello to her."

I was on Vermillion family territory. I was nervous.

I heard from my father that choosing the husband of the future head of Vermillion Household is a very complicated thing and that all the families fight.

My grandmother was a close friend of the current head of the family.

I was nervous, I was introduced to someone I will never forget.

"Bea, introduce yourself."

"Ok~."

In front of me was a beautiful girl with platinum blonde hair and amber eyes.

She smiled an angelic smile at me.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Beatrix Liz Vermillion, the heiress daughter of Vermillion Household and future priestess. May I know your name?"

I froze at her beauty and began to stammer.

"I... umm. I... ah..."

I didn't know how to answer despite rehearsing it perfectly.

I was about to cry, that one came up to me and took and hand.

"Can you tell me your name?"

Her smile was so warm and radiant, I felt intoxicated with the sight of her.

"I am... Randolf. Randolf Ciel Rosenberg."

"Nice to meet you, Randolf-kun."

"Emm, likewise. Nice to meet you."

I didn't know it at the time, but she generated a happiness in me that nothing could compare to what I felt.

It was love.

◇◇

"Hey, Rando. I'm bored~."

"... We're on midday break, Bea."

Beatrix─ Bea, as she asked me to call her as kids.

We became very close, we were good friends and fiancées from a very young age.

We turned 15 and entered the academy.

I was a normal young man like everyone else. My uniform was well groomed as was my hair well groomed, even my glasses.

The person next to me was not.

She was dressed in a rebellious way. Her skirt was shorter than what was allowed. Poorly fitting white stockings, an untidy blouse and a lot of candy she would pass by eating.

My mother before she passed away asked me to take care of her, not because it is difficult to achieve a compromise with the priestess' family, but because she was my future wife.

I always made sure to correct Bea in everything, comportment, behavior, etc.

Today she was more rebellious, she told me let's run away and go to the city and have fun.

I told her no.

She clicked her tongue and sat up in a bad way.

Unintentionally, her large breasts were in full view, a bit of skin and her bra were visible.

I am a healthy young man and was evidently curious about the female body.

I moved a little closer to see and when I noticed, she looked into my eyes.

"Where are you looking, Rando~?"

She startled me and I was startled.

"I-It's nothing. I was just watching those guys over there who were talking really loudly."

"Huh? Really?"

Bea walked over and placed her large breasts on my desk.

I swallowed saliva as I watched her flesh being rested there.

"You know, we've been engaged since we were kids. We even spend all our time together, it's obvious we'll get married after we turn 18."

"But you know... have we ever interacted beyond the intended?"

"Beyond?"

"That's right. You see, my girlfriends have told me things that have left me surprised. That's why I wanted to know..."

She put her ear close and said to me.

"If you wanted with me to climb into adulthood a little earlier."

At the time, I didn't accept because of how embarrassed and frightened I was.

Honestly, I would have accepted if I had been braver.

"W-What are you talking about Bea!"

"You don't want to?"

"... That's something to do when we're married, for now... we should just talk..."

Looking into her eyes, she had a look of anger in them.

He turned away and didn't turn to look at her.

"Silly Rando. And here I wanted to make you a little happy."

Those words to this day hurt me more than anything since I didn't know how to appreciate them.

◇◇

The weekend fell and Bea forced me to go to the mall with her.

She would buy things I didn't need with my money.

It was a way to get even with me. I would take it to please her.

I asked her without being able to see where she was going.

"B-Bea. Can you stop shopping now? My money will run out and I wouldn't want to use my family's name to pay."

"Huh~? I can't hear you."

Suddenly she stopped. It seemed strange to me that she stopped her usual mocking tone.

But I saw why.

In the mall there's a free zone where you can talk all you want to get the attention of the masses.

It's a way to scout for potential talented performers.

She came over and I went after her, when we got there we saw why there were almost no people.

"If we use the power of the sacred tree on the less needy, I'm sure we could reduce the burden on them that way."

"Commoners are people too. They are as much a part of this country as the nobles."

"Don't we have laws that say we must help others because the will of the emblems demands it?"

"Of course not, it is the obligation of the great nobles to use their power to help everyone! Aren't we compatriots?"

"Then why refuse to help!"

"I'm sure this country will prosper if everything went as I said it would since we are one of the four powers of the world for a reason. We must─!"

Many people stood listening to what this boy with purple hair and blue eyes hidden by his glasses was saying.

His words were ignored after a while.

It was not uncommon that way of thinking. Using the emblem to help others is something all great nobles have an obligation to do.

My father told me we don't do it because it's not our job.

Each great noble is his own king and they make the laws. If a conflict occurred between two of them over that law, I would take it away.

There is also the fact that, being the most important figures in the country, it is their duty to help the people, but in a higher position.

If someone is starving, that is what the officials are for.

If there is a thief, a knight or soldier must go to the security call.

We can't go for petty things and go all over Aster.

It's a lesson my mother taught me.

As I turned to Bea. I noticed she stared at the boy.

"Bea, come on."

"Huh? Oh, yeah."

She turned around and we walked out of there. I noticed that as we walked, she was looking at that boy.

◇◇

"Hey, Rando. don't you think it's funny what that boy said?"

We arrived at my house, Bea lay down on my bed. In a very risky position because her thighs as black underwear was exposed.

I answered her after covering her parts.

"Actually, no."

"Why not?"

She asked me curious as a cat.

"It's simple. That boy is for sure the product of noble oppressors. It's normal for him to be angry with them, but there's nothing we can do about it."

"Interfering with the other noble families is the same as war. We can't make that happen for the suffering of a few when we have millions of life to worry about."

He hoped she would be happy with that, but she wasn't.

"I understand that. I always thought so, but you know. That was the first time I ever saw anyone from this country suffering from it."

"I never actually saw anyone who said they suffered for us."

Bea stared at the ceiling. At that point, I had to lie down with her and tell her it wasn't like that.

But I just went out for tea and cookies.

I was a very cowardly man. I was disgusted to see that side of me.

◇◇

"A tutor?"

I was speechless at what she said to me.

The days at the academy were passing and we entered our second school year.

Suddenly, Bea came up to me and said that.

"Well, I never taught before so I don't know if I can do it well. But I'll try."

"Why are you talking like you're my tutor?"

She said that while looking at me like a weirdo.

"Weren't you asking me to be your tutor?"

"What? Of course not hahaha why did you think that?"

This is really weird I thought.

"Isn't that why you were calling me?"

"No. You see, I've been doing really bad in political science lately, my mom is mad at me and she doesn't want to keep seeing the teachers begging me not to repeat the class period."

"In that case let me help you. I'm no expert, but I know a lot."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I got a tutor the other day when I went to buy a coffee."

"... May I know who that is?"

My fiancée was having trouble, it's only natural that I would help her.

She pointed outside and I was surprised to see who her tutor was.

It was the same guy from that day, he was handing out flyers.

Apparently he's a student at the academy, it's not uncommon to have commoners studying here.

Bea informed me.

"His name is Calvin and as you may know he is a commoner, I met him in that store. After bumping into him and watering him my coffee I apologized."

"He was surprised to learn that I was part of the seven noble families. He got angry and called me a hideous woman who only lives off commoners."

I was angry to hear that, but she was calm, telling it as if nothing had happened.

"Of course, I gave him a hard slap that sent him to the ground. After he woke up I apologized again and we talked."

"After a lot of talking, we ended up like that. He'll gladly help me on weekends."

"Weekends?"

"Bea, that's our time together to socialize."

"I know. But you see, this is very important so my mom won't punish me."

"It'll only be for a few days, we'll still see each other every day in class, okay?"

She looked like she was asking my permission as she clasped her hands together and closed her eyes.

I'm not a possessive person. I couldn't do anything but support her.

"It's okay, it's just for a while."

"Yay~. I love you so much Rando."

She came over and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

It was the first time she gave me one. I was very happy.

But seeing her face, she was happier.

At that moment I couldn't realize... that I was already losing her.

◇◇

Months went by.

I found out things about that boy, Calvin. He seems to come from a family of commoners who work hard, but suffer from extortion from the Herring Household.

I filed a complaint against the current head and he turned me down.

I tried every way possible to get him to punish that official who extorts money from commoner families.

But they paid no attention to me since I was nobody, just the heir of a noble house unlike them who are the heads.

I found out more about Calvin, he seems to be someone who has a strong resentment towards the noble houses due to his mother dying because of finding out he carried the son of the current head of the Herrings.

I understand his hatred, but it should only be directed at that house. Not the other nobles.

My days with Bea became shorter and shorter as she said she had to study.

Or she couldn't go because of unfinished business.

Before I knew it, we graduated.

After a few years, now 22 years old, we were to be married.

The reason for the delay was that a war broke out between the Ereboreas and the empire, they used that opportunity to invade us.

I heard two things about that war. The first one was that the royal family of Ereboreas was executed. They called themselves a republic after that,

The second news was more shocking, a man called the bloody knight finished off the sword emperor and then they razed all of Musashi to the ground.

After that he had a brutal fight against the sword saint, but that is not important.

With that, one power had been destroyed and two others ended badly.

That left Aster as a super power.

It was pleasing to know that our homeland became greater.

Back to the topic.

I was in the church, at an altar located in the temple of the sacred tree.

All my relatives, the great nobles, my knight leader and even a brat named Rudel who lives with us because of my father.

I watched the faces of several acquaintances I didn't like, such as Lucian and Wenz who only came here out of obligation.

Or Cliff, who was always envious of me, even Randy, the reason I hate it when Bea calls me Rando was here.

One person I was happy to see was little Linus, my father says that boy has potential, he's a diamond in the rough and if I get the chance, to put him on my side.

Among them, an unexpected person, Marian from Wayne Household was here. I felt a little embarrassed to see her as I knew she loved me, but she is the daughter of an important house and I cannot take her as a concubine.

The scheduled time had passed and Bea was not arriving.

I was starting to get scared, thinking that she overslept, forgot about the wedding as usual for her... or even that something happened to her.

I was about to tell my father to postpone the wedding until I found her, when suddenly, hurried footsteps came.

It was a servant.

He was sweating, staggered over and prostrated himself before us.

"What's wrong?"

I asked uneasily.

The servant handed me a letter.

It had a return address.

"Bea!"

There was her name written there, I was thinking she was playing a joke on me today as usual.

But after reading the letter... I dropped it on the floor.

"... Huh?"

I let out that pathetic groan as the guests looked at me strangely.

My father picked up the letter and read it out loud.

"I'm so sorry, I can't marry you since I don't love you. I will marry the man I love. I hope you will be happy, from Bea..."

Silence flooded the church.

"What the hell was that?"

"She said she's getting married? To whom?"

"The future priestess is marrying someone other than her fiancé? Unheard of!"

I could hear the angry voices of the great nobles and their families.

While I was shattered.

I could feel needles pressing against my heart.

"Bea... Why, what did I do wrong to make you leave me?"

I began to cry like a coward.

Again footsteps came.

I thought it was a cruel joke of hers, I was ready to forgive her after lecturing her for a while.

But it wasn't her, it was a servant of Vermillion Household who brought a document and read it aloud.

"On this day, in the territory of Vermillion Household. The current head, priestess Beatrix Liz Vermillion will marry the guardian... commoner Calvin."

"... A... commoner?"

Was what I and everyone else said.

After a couple of criticisms of her, I went into tears at my own weakness.

◇◇

The years passed as if nothing had happened.

I married Marian, we had a baby girl, I named her Sara in honor of my mother.

My father passed away so I took the position of head of the Rosenberg Household.

Our name, "Ciel", is a woman's name and it will stay that way until I have a son and he, being head of the house, will inherit mine.

I like the name Romeo very much as I got it from a novel that my wife likes very much, I think it is a good name.

When I got to the room where the heads of all the noble houses were, I found someone unexpected.

Bea was here.

I thought I would never see her again as it is rare to see the head of Vermillion Household come to these meetings.

To top it off, that man... her husband, is with her here.

After the meeting started, different topics were discussed, my eyes would not leave the two of them.

I thought it was because I couldn't tolerate it, my chest hurts to see her with another man despite the fact that I am married to another woman.

After finishing today's itinerary, Bea stood up and asked for her word.

It was rare to see that, so we all listened to her.

What she said... it was crazy.

Heads stood up and left in anger.

What Bea said was.

"Can't we give them all an emblem? I'm sure if all the native citizens of Aster got one, they'd be happy."

That way of thinking she had never suggested it, she knows that if everyone had the emblem, madness could happen.

Why is she saying that?

I understood it after that man backed her up.

He is manipulating her.

I don't know what ruse he used, but I'm sure Bea would never say such a thing.

For that reason, I'll be sure to show her true colors.

I stood up too.

"Rando. Do you have a moment?"

Bea called out to me, I looked at her and couldn't stop my heart from racing.

"Y-Yes."

I answered shyly.

And we went outside, she told her husband to give us a moment of privacy.

That man looked like he didn't want to leave her alone.

Before we left I looked at him very annoyed.

◇◇

"How have you been?"

Bea asked me that, I didn't know what to answer him.

"Fine. That's all I can say."

I can't look her in the face, not because I hate her, which I never will. But because I don't know what to answer.

She told me about what has happened since then.

"I'm sorry for that day, but my mother forced me to get married at that time and not tell you anything."

"Your mother told you?"

Strange, the previous head of the house is a woman who always told me that she was waiting for the day when she will see me as her son. why did she say that?

"My relatives were present and it was quick. Then we went and I gave him the blessing of the sacred tree to make him the guardian."

I see, it's for that reason that I never saw any of your relatives at the wedding.

"That's why, I wanted to apologize to you. I really like you, I love you very much... but I married another man, that's why... I would like us to remain friends like we were before."

"Friends..."

You say we were friends... when we were engaged... I see.

That guy is manipulating her no doubt... due to the fact that she never loved me.

I want the earth to swallow me up now.

Bea finished telling me what happened with her.

"Beatrix, we must leave now. We'll be late for the doctor."

That shoulder came and called her like it was an order.

"I'm coming. Well... it was so good to see you, Rando."

Bea turned and said to me.

"Right, I forgot, Rando, I'd like you to be at her christening."

"Christening? Whose?"

Her words shattered me so much, I started drinking and having trouble sleeping from that day on.

"I'm pregnant. It looks like twins, I'd like you to give me your blessing."

"Do you remember what we said as kids about the day we would have children?"

"... Yes."

A long time ago, she told me about our hypothetical children.

If it was a boy we would name him Dean, if it was a girl we would name her Diana.

As I watched her walk away holding hands with that man... I could feel a strange dark desire growing inside me.

◇◇

Time passed and I found out from Baltort that Bea had twin girls.

Two beautiful girls just like her.

The younger one was Diantha... while the older one was Lucy.

Lucy was the name of Bea's mother, so as not to be similar she called her Lucyelle.

Diantha, on the other hand, is undoubtedly Diana. She only made some slight adjustments.

Baltort told me that Calvin was responsible for calling her that name.

That dark feeling was growing inside me again.

◇◇

Years passed and one day, my son Romeo came home.

He went to Vermillion Household to meet Lucyelle, Bea asked me to marry her daughter and mine.

I felt very angry at the thought of it, but my son had nothing to do with me.

I agreed and the day the trip happened, he came back after a couple of hours.

He was burning up with fever.

Apparently, after getting out of the carriage he hit his head on the way down, Baltort told me that they were refused help and went back immediately.

My wife and daughter were at his side.

Why were they refused help?

The answer was obvious. That man doesn't want me around and that's why he makes fun of my family.

I got so angry, that after hugging my son, who started saying strange things like "being late for school" or " exam midterms", I went straight to the territory.

◇◇

Upon arriving at the mansion, I knocked on the door very loudly.

"Bea! Calvin! Come out and show your face!"

I wanted an explanation of what happened.

After waiting for a while, my anger still growing, the door was opened and that man came out to greet me.

"What do you want?"

"I demand to know an explanation! Why didn't you help my son?"

"Weren't you supposed to want him engaged to your daughter? This seems to me a discourteous act that may bring trouble for you!"

The man looked at me with a look of disinterest.

He sighed and replied.

"You couldn't. Just that, you should worry about your son instead of coming here."

With those words he slammed the door in my face.

I got so angry that I slammed the door.

"Damn you commoner, I knew you had something against us!"

"I'll make sure you pay for what you did! I won't leave Bea in your hands!"

I left in annoyance after shouting out my guarded feelings.

The truth. It felt really good to do it.

◇◇

Time passed.

Suddenly, Bea and that man stopped coming to meetings and one day they stopped leaving her house.

Not only them, all her relatives stopped going out.

As for me, I just spent more time being angry.

After Romeo recovered, another incident occurred.

Rudel... a young knight of our house, whom I have known since he was a boy. He was killed in the dungeon by the guardian monster there.

Vermillion Household demanded all noble families to send knights to retrieve the sapling.

I found that strange since the sapling was only wanted for research related to the sacred tree.

I was so upset, that one day I went straight to his mansion again.

I knocked on the door very angrily.

This time the one who opened the door was... Bea.

She looked tired.

"Rando. What are you doing here?"

"Bea. We have a lot to talk about."

"You're right, there is a lot to talk about. Come in."

She let me in and asked me to accompany her to her office.

As I walked down the large hallway, I found an open door, there was her husband and daughters playing.

That man was having fun with those little girls.

When I saw the girls, I realized that they both really looked like her, but the older one, Lucyelle, was her mirror image.

She saw me and waved, I didn't wave back because I thought of Romeo.

When we got to the office, Bea closed the door.

She offered me tea.

I declined and told her bluntly.

"Bea. I think you're aware of what's going on, but I'll tell you anyway."

I told her something I was sworn not to reveal.

"Currently all the great nobles are angry with Vermillion Household."

"For years now you people, have been suggesting strange things, to top it off, the search for the sapling has made the great nobles so angry to the point of suggesting taking away some of their power."

"Bea, tell me the truth, that man is manipulating you isn't he? Just tell me, I will help you and your daughters."

"I will make sure that man gets his punishment for filling your head with ridiculous ideas and so the anger of the great nobles no longer happens."

I walked over to her and took her hands I wanted to go back to those days where we both smiled even if I couldn't be with her in the same bed.

My happiness was just in seeing her happy.

But as I looked at her face, I noticed Bea made a repulsed expression on it.

"Randolf. what are you talking about?"

"Calvin is my husband, he certainly talked to me about giving everyone an emblem, but it's just that, the rest is up to me."

"The rest?"

She said with a smile, words that horrified me.

"After everyone has their emblem, there will be no distinction between nobles and commoners. Everyone will be on the same level. And for that reason, the only ones who will deserve to rule will be us, the Vermillion Household."

"... Excuse me?"

I broke into a cold sweat.

"Yes, you see. It is understandable that if everyone has the same emblem there will be chaos, that would make the country bad since everyone will want the same rights then."

"Anyone could be a politician or knight, that would leave all the jobs empty, a ruin would come unprecedented."

"For that reason, Calvin's plan to do that after marrying me failed, it was obvious he wanted that, but I have it under control don't worry, he is just my 'husband' and the 'guardian' is nothing more than that."

"Once this plan is completed, the Vermillion Household, that is me, will take over as Acting Chairman, leaving it to the big boys and my husband to administer as a false wall for outsiders."

"We will be able to take the emblem away from those who complain and use it as an example to turn them commoners and exploit them."

"Only the Vermillion Household deserves to rule, this is something my mother and all my relatives know. But only in my generation can we make it happen as I am the only one able to hear the voice of the sacred tree completely."

"But something happened, that damn tree got angry when I told it that only I would have the emblem of a great noble, do you know what it did?"

She took off her glove and showed me the back of her right hand.

"It's gone! My emblem was erased while I slept, both my husband's and my relatives' emblems were taken from them as punishment."

"That is why I need the sapling Randolf. By using it, I will be able to acquire the emblem and thus force that tree to give me its power or we will destroy it."

"I'm sorry about your son, but if he came in and asked us to use our power to treat him, then they would have found out that we don't possess the emblem. it's okay isn't it? I heard that from our new integrated knight Lutart."

I sat up as I could not believe this.

Bea, the woman I loved, was planning to doom the country because of a strange family obsession.

All the relatives of Vermillion Household?

That means... they are all accomplices?

Her husband knows, but she has him tied up.

What about her daughters?

"And do the girls know?"

"Of course they don't. Diana is a very smart little girl, but she's a child after all. Lucy well... she's cheerful, I'm trying to check which one of them is suitable to be the sapling's priestess."

"So far none of them possess the aptitude to be the priestess."

"The aptitude to be the priestess?"

"Right, you don't know. The priestess aptitude is a way of saying that the future priestess is able to hear the voice of the sacred tree."

"None of them have developed that ability, I'm a little disappointed, but nothing can be done."

I clutched my head at what I heard.

She came up to me and hugged me.

"Rando, I need your help."

"Help me take over this country, I will reward you."

She kissed me on the mouth.

"I may have daughters and a husband, but you will always be special to me. Come on, help me and I'll let you satiate your desire to possess me forever."

All I did was nod.

"How nice! I'll tell my mother and everyone that we'll get our wish soon."

"I'll invite them tomorrow to celebrate, you can come too to announce it."

"Yes..."

"Very well then, see you, rest well. Don't worry, Rosenberg Household will be able to be number two in decision making as I appreciate you very much."

She dismissed me with a smile.

As I left, I walked down the same hallway, there I met Calvin carrying the twins.

After walking past him she said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think she would go to those lengths, now I regret what I said to her."

He said that and left. I went back to my house.

◇◇

I couldn't sleep at all, my wife asked me what was wrong.

I told her I was fine.

I took a bottle of very strong liquor out of my desk, and drank it down.

I thought... will I do it?

Will I really do it?

Bea promised me we would be together now.

I would have my wife and kids with me when she changed everything.

I would have her too.

But... wouldn't that mean the ruin of this country?

Everyone having the same rank, it would be madness.

Murderers and thieves would seek to justify themselves.

The corrupt and deceitful would become worse.

We don't even know if it will work.

Bea... she's really dangerous.

She is very dangerous to this country.

Good heavens, somebody tell me what to do.

As I was thinking about what to do, I heard a voice in my head.

(Do what's best for Aster.)

"Who is it?"

I asked raising my voice.

There was no one in the room. The voice called out to me again.

(Aster's future is in your hands. Choose what's best for everyone.)

"What's best for everyone... that's... means I should..."

(If you love her, you must stop her.)

"It's true. I love Bea, if she really loved me, she wouldn't ask me that."

I looked determinedly at my right hand, the emblem of a great noble was there.

"I will... I will do it. I will save this country, by becoming a monster."

I quickly headed to the temple of the sacred tree.

◇◇

After having a meeting with the great nobles, they all did not seem to believe what they heard.

Among them they criticized me as envious.

I looked at them and told them what would happen today.

They knew that a sudden meeting will happen.

For that reason, it must be today.

One of them asked me.

"We may give you our support, but we don't want to get involved, it is treason to one of the seven families."

"I know."

I replied very seriously.

"This will not be divulged by anyone, not even our children will know, we will die with this secret... but you. Are you okay with this?"

"The whole country will treat you like an aberration."

"I don't care. I will become the Acting Chairman and take charge of everything that happens in the country, I will protect Aster from all the dangers to come. This is my punishment for what I will do."

The great nobles agreed.

"I am content with that answer."

"So am I."

"Rosenberg, you are very brave. You can take our older knights as they too will take the secret to the grave."

"Thank you very much. But I would like to ask a favor."

"A favor?"

I approached one of them.

"I need an accomplice, I am a cowardly man, so I need someone to do it for me. I'll be present, but I need that person to do it for me."

"A scapegoat no?"

"Who comes to mind?"

I said the name of my accomplice.

"Randy from the Herring Household."

◇◇

"Huehuehue! It's on fire! Huehuehue!"

After Randy arrived, I told him what I was going to do, he refused to do it because he's a coward.

But I told him that if he did, I would make sure to make him the next head of his house despite being an illegitimate son.

He agreed and ordered several pirates he knew, among them some called the Cashmiro Family.

After leaving explosives around the place.

They all went out and began to throw some knights fire magic.

This caused the explosives left in key places to explode and burn brightly.

I could hear the voices inside pleading for help.

Someone came to the window trying to escape, it was Calvin.

At first he was crying, but after seeing me he smiled and accepted the flames consuming him.

I started to cry.

Randy next to me was making fun of the situation.

He was a despicable man.

Men who do not belong to the knights sent will be silenced later.

After turning to wipe away my tears, I saw some servants escaping, it seems that not all of them were inside.

I was about to shout at the knights to go and eliminate them when I noticed one of them was carrying two girls.

They were Lucy and Diana.

They were both crying.

I am sorry. But I must eliminate them.

That's what I thought when I heard a voice.

"Randolf! Why did you betray me? We swore this would be for Aster's sake! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Bea's scream brought a lump to my throat, I fell silent due to the screams of the woman I loved being burned alive.

These girls are not to blame.

So, I kept quiet.

A servant came to me and notified what he saw, I told him to be quiet.

I ordered that to everyone, if they spoke, I would kill them myself.

After seeing how the flames consumed the castle, I used my ice magic to approach.

Among all the corpses, there was only one that I could recognize because of its bone structure.

I knelt down and began to cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I had no choice other than this."

"You can hate me, curse me and even come for me when I die. I'm sorry, Bea..."

After arriving home, I went straight to my office.

I grabbed my father's shotgun hanging over the fireplace and shoved it in my mouth.

My wife and daughter were knocking on the door asking for me.

I stayed like that for a long time, I don't know how long.

But I gave up and left the rifle in place.

From that day on, I became Acting Chairman.

The news spread quickly.

Many of my vassals, acquaintances and relatives looked down on me.

I listened to their whispers, everything they said about me.

The great nobles of that time kept silent so as not to tarnish their names, they didn't care about Bea.

But I cared a lot about her.

Even to this day I still love her and I do not forgive myself for having killed her.

Every day I put the muzzle of the gun in my mouth, hoping to have the courage to pull the trigger and end my life.

And that's the reason for what I did.

"That's an absolute lie!"

◇◇◇

After Randolf finished telling his story, Diana yelled at him.

She and some of the people present were in tears.

"Those are lies! None of what you say is true!"

Lucy walked up to her and took her hand.

"Diana, it may not seem like it, but it makes sense with a lot of things we lived through. Like why our mother said those words to us that day."

Diana remembered that day, their mother told them that everything was going to change for them.

What she heard from Randolf made sense.

What her parents were telling her was different from what her grandfather was telling her.

It was a psychological game to find out who was useful and who was not.

"No... that can't be... if so, then he's not to blame for nothing."

She walked up to Randolf and began to give him weak punches.

"Say you're lying please. Say it's all a ruse of yours to get away with it."

Randolf without hesitation said so.

"It isn't. I'd love for it to be, but it's not."

"After that incident, Randy tried to get smart with me, he wanted more power, but I had a document signed by him and the great nobles of that time. If he tried to accuse me of anything, he would lose out more than me."

"The current heads came, Randy had no choice but to keep quiet. After finishing this, before I resign as Acting Chairman, I will make sure to imprison him for life."

Airi who was crying, did not tell Randolf that Randy was already dead. She didn't want to because it seemed uncomfortable to talk about more deaths.

Romeo was listening to everything, he was awake from the beginning.

He sighed and then said to himself.

(I finally understand why you stopped smiling. Apparently, what was tormenting you the most was her and that's why your way of isolating yourself from everyone.)

(What a good joke, that makes me realize that everything I did was just paranoia of mine.)

He laughed silently so no one would notice.

Alisa stopped all that wailing by the next thing she said.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this moment, but Diana, I hope with this you don't think for a second that both you and Zack will get away with this."

"... Huh?"

Diana looked at Alisa, who was glaring at her.

"You thought there would be no consequences? I feel sorry for Lucy, but I hold a grudge and believe me I will make sure you pay for everything you did."

"When Rudel is done over there, your judgment will begin─"

Alisa couldn't complete what she was going to say due to Aurora being hit by something.

They all staggered.

Liam pointed and they all looked to where he did.

"That was the culprit."

An armor was flying as if it was having trouble doing so. It was that armor that crashed into them.

Jude recognized it instantly.

"That's Zack's armor!"

"Zack!"

Diana shouted as she saw the armor crashing.

Alisa commented.

"We'll head to where he fell, we won't let him escape if he's hurt."

"Did you hear right?"

As if she was a commander, she ordered the idiots except Liam, they all nodded and headed in the direction where Zack fell.

After landing, in a cautious manner almost everyone climbed down.

Frey walked over to the armor lying on its side, pressed the emergency button to bring the pilot out.

He aimed his rifle the instant something fell to the ground.

Everyone was horrified to see it.

"Zack!"

Zack was turning into a strange mutant, his face increasingly looking like a hairless lizard.

His left hand turned white and his fingers resembled tree roots.

His legs were repulsive, almost like rotten meatballs as thin as insect legs.

Zack with tears pleaded.

"... H-Help me... please."

Seeing him like this, Diana went to his aid.

Spoiler

Again no fanservice yet a meme.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NwaCq6b5_YPa_jJbavzMBxbFHsa2oOth

As a vital detail, I leave this representing Randolf's state of mind, now do you understand why I used Reiner as his face?

https://www.facebook.com/ShingekiNoKyojin.Titan/photos/a.276988135789641/1874968709324901/?type=3

Without a doubt the best thing about this volume is that it's almost the same as vol. 3, tragedies, unexpected revelations, and best of all, more and more Rudel's psychological state gets worse because of that shitty author.

[collapse]

0