Epilogue (Volume 7) ─ Departure
135 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My dear readers, we have reached the end of the arc.

But don't worry, it's not the end of the volume.

We still have the interludes and SS as the special Q&A as the endnotes.

I know you want to know about Diana because she was the only one who lived, I'll explain in the notes, but isn't that obvious looking at it?

I wanted to make a meme, but there was so much to do that I just saved the idea.

That's why I leave fan service.

A large room full of furniture, trophies and precious decorations, was where the prince of a certain country was hard at work.

Short brown hair like his eyes reflected in his glasses.

His name was Heinrich Will Bauer, the crown prince of the Great Kingdom of Bauer.

The Great Kingdom of Bauer is a country that is part of a special group of nations called the 'Ten Powers'.

Ten nations that seek to unite and form a single world power.

They are not interested in being part of the United Kingdom or being allied with the world powers.

An official walked into his office, Heinrich raised his eyebrows and asked.

"What do you want?"

"I regret the intrusion. Your Highness the crown prince. I have important news for you."

"Go ahead."

The official handed the report to Heinrich.

He took off his glasses and smiled.

"I see. It is certainly a great opportunity."

"What do you wish to do?"

"Obviously we will go. Prepare my fleet."

"Aye, aye."

The officer left the room, Heinrich stood and looked through the window.

"The time has come to defeat you once and for all, dear younger brother."

Heinrich was a clever boy.

Gifted with talent and beauty.

From an early age he was able to improve the country's economic system and help his father the king redesign the laws.

He was a brilliant mind, for that reason he was an ally of the game during the stage of the war against the empire.

Heinrich would help Liam become a good king in the future.

He was both a visionary and a unique mind in the world.

Losing him would mean a grave mistake for the world.

"It's time to succeed in becoming king without waiting for father to name me king."

◇◇◇

A large fleet of 40 battlecruiser-type airships was entering a certain frontier.

The commander of the flagship was none other than the second prince of the Great Kingdom of Bauer. Ulrich Will Bauer.

A young man with a rebellious attitude who was born to a mother different from the queen and sought approval from his father by being a strong warrior.

That was Ulrich.

He was not intelligent, but very loyal to his ideals of strength.

The reason they were on one of the three flagships designated to the royal family was special.

"Your Highness. We entered the border, soon we will reach the country's borders."

"Good."

Ulrich smiled.

His wild tanned appearance was just like a barbarian. His long, combed back green hair swayed as his red eyes looked with an ambition towards the future.

He believed that a good king was someone who could solve conflicts by force, since the outside is everything.

For that reason, he always had conflicts with Liam, but that at the same time it served him for training.

Ulrich thought.

(With this, my older brother won't be able to avoid seeing that the only way to be a real king is to become a warrior.)

(For that reason...)

He revealed his true colors.

(We will conquer Aster.)

The once known Aster Supreme Kingdom, a nation ranked as the greatest power in the world, was destroyed long ago by a mysterious enemy whom the world named as a demon king.

Aster was destroyed, but its resources and land to cultivate are perfect.

The entire world mobilized to take as much as they could.

Ulrich left some time after his brother Heinrich due to the scarce information that arrived late.

For that reason, he needed some time to finish training the troops.

The captain of the airship approached him.

"Excuse me Your highness Ulrich-sama, are you sure we will be able to reach Heinrich-sama with these numbers?"

"Of course. Heinrich has never been in a war. Who knows how many airships from other countries we meet, Heinrich will cry as he watches his fleet go down and ask for help."

"After I help him and conquer Aster, I will be king. Of the three princes, only the second prince is the worthiest of being a king."

"I-I understand that. But in that case, wouldn't it be better to have brought General Bagrada with us?"

"It's unnecessary. Besides, Bagrada only moves on the king's orders and no one else's."

"Well, he'll soon obey me though hahaha."

Ulrich was so confident in his victory, he forgot something important.

"Still, what's with this fog?"

"It's been covering the border since we saw it in the distance, no matter how much we use wind magic, it won't go away. I can't see anything either."

The captain informed him.

"Ulrich-sama! The radar detects that an enemy fleet is up ahead!"

"Good. Prepare to fight."

Ulrich smiled cheerfully.

But, the captain didn't stop talking.

"S-sorry. Looks like it's just a runaway ship."

"Runaway? Pff, ignore them."

"..."

"What's the matter?"

"The thing is... that ship has the same sensor array as ours."

"We've identified it as the flagship Sanzon."

"I beg your pardon?"

In the Great Kingdom of Bauer, they developed with lost items radars, they installed on their ships a radar that detects the magic power of a certain person in command so they wouldn't think it was an enemy.

Ulrich was on the second of these ships, the Absalom.

He could not believe his ears.

"How is that possible?"

"No─"

"Please help us!"

Suddenly a communication came from ahead.

"We need help, please help us!"

"Nooooooooooooooooooo───!"

The voice of someone resembling Heinrich shouted in terror as the communication was cut off.

Because of the fog they can't see anything.

But as they go deeper.

"... What is this?"

They all looked at a visible space where hundreds of destroyed airships were located.

Among them Heinrich's fleet that was on fire as they fell into the sea.

Looking up into the sky, they found a strange, gray-bodied airship focusing its cannons at them.

Ulrich thought.

"... Is it serious─?"

Before his and the others' lives were extinguished due to the rain of fire raining down on them.

A month has passed since Aster was destroyed.

It is mid-December, almost the end of the year.

Since it is winter, snow is falling everywhere.

But it still won't stop us.

"Hey Clovis, you're stalling! Hurry up!"

"S-Shut up. The great Clovis is not designed for heavy lifting."

"Don't lie while wearing armor."

"Hahahaha! This is the muscle training I wanted."

I was giving orders to the boys to remove debris to help with repairs.

Why was I helping a destroyed country?

The answer is simple.

I wanted to do it!

I felt a little bad for the people who are not idiots and decided to support them.

The same day they executed Romeo I said to Ixion.

"Can't you do something?"

He answered me.

"Do you think I can't? It's time to show this country what it means to be a real power!"

Under those words, Ixion proceeded to pick up the rubble and build condos for the people living there.

Ixion said it would take three days to build ten condos.

It took three days for fifteen of them.

They were spacious enough for several families to sleep in more than the 300 rooms there.

After doing that, the diplomats said to me.

"Why should we help a country that treated us badly?"

"That's true count. We should go away and leave them alone."

What they said was true, so I took out my shotgun and asked them.

"What did you say?"

After loading the bullet, they didn't say anything and just nodded at my orders.

There was another reason to help Aster besides Ixion saying.

"This is the first step in taking over the world. I already made everyone believe that you are a hero, no one will oppose the help of the hero who was attacked by his own rulers."

In the night of that same day, I had a strange dream.

In that dream, the sacred tree, which was now Lugh who introduced himself said.

"A new order has been born in Aster."

"The first of them, Diana, is my priestess. In order to generate orbs I need her power, therefore, Diana must not die until an old age."

Basically with those words Lugh prevented Diana from being executed. But the really amazing thing is this.

"Aster has a new guardian, Rudel, the hero of the Kingdom, is now the new king of this country. And Lucy the priestess, is the new queen."

I instantly woke up when I dreamed that.

I was not the only one, Ixion informed me that all the people who had the emblem dreamed the same thing.

The next morning, everyone seeing me praised me.

"The sacred tree that was reborn has said so. You are the new and real ruler of Aster!"

"Long live the hero who saved us!"

"The Hero of the Kingdom is now the Hero of Aster! No! He is now the savior king!"

I hid from being called that as it is very embarrassing.

Days passed and Ixion informed me that fleets were approaching. They were not from the Kingdom, they were from other countries.

Ixion used a special mist with which he can listen to anyone's conversations.

They were horrendous people who wanted to take advantage of the current situation in the country.

I sent Ixion to use his main body to kill them.

Why did I send him to kill them?

I said it before and I say it again.

I don't care about that anymore.

I will kill all my enemies. That way I'll avoid suffering if I know them as people.

Although... now that Lucy is better, she said something that made me sleep in fear.

She said as Sara... that demons exist.

That both Romeo and Zack and several others were manipulated by that demon.

Randolf killed Lucy's parents, because her mother wanted to protect the country.

Lucy found her mother and revealed the truth.

All this left me so confused that I decided to ignore it.

I just focused on it.

Ignore.

Thinking that demons really existed made me anxious.

But I quickly forgot about it.

Anyway, Ixion said as he pulled out his entire arsenal.

"I refuse to believe that demons exist. Show them to me and I'll make mincemeat out of them. If I say there is no hell, it's because there isn't."

I don't know whether to be comforted or frightened that Ixion is now picking fights with beings from other dimensions?

Anyway, it's time to eat.

Anyway, it's time to eat.

We leave the debris near a machine where the robots will use it as a base for new buildings.

This is a level of recycling that didn't exist in my previous life.

Even green companies didn't do this stuff.

Arriving at the food stand, we found a long line.

That was because almost the whole country was destroyed and there were many tents to help the injured people, including the lack of food.

One could say that the reason for that was because, unlike the other tents, this one in particular was being manned by beautiful girls.

"Here you go. Eat well."

"T-Thank you."

"Make sure you eat it all. You need energy."

"I thank you very much, young lady."

"You don't have to thank anything. We do this because we want to."

Alisa and Airi were serving plates of food to homeless people.

The image of seeing my fiancées serving food as maids was very pleasant.

Airi's sweet smile combined with Alisa's aura of elegance made for a wonderful combination.

Erselica and Cana were cooking along with Ada and Allen.

About Allen, he is grumpy.

That's because of what my eyes see.

"We need more dishes."

"Understood."

My older brother was also helping. I was going to order him to do it too, but he was the first one there before the girls.

When Ada handed the plate to Bram, their hands touched lightly.

They both became embarrassed and looked down at the floor.

I understand Ada, but why on earth are you behaving like a virgin! Huh?

Bram left saying the following words.

"Y-You look good in that scarf."

"I-It's dirty, but thank you. I liked the compliment."

The aura of hearts these emanated gave me repulsion, even Allen looked disgusted. When I asked him what happened.

It seems that when soldiers from the now destroyed republic attacked them, he fought to protect her.

And now the two are a couple.

My older brother is happy, Allen suffers because now we will be family. Everyone happy and me laughing at their misfortunes, the world is beautiful.

"Rudel."

I turned to see who was calling me and found Sara with Lucy approaching me.

Lucy can't walk and is in a wheelchair because her body was so weak. The damage is healed, but her brain is with slight trauma.

Ixion said that before next year's classes start she will recover.

"Where did you come from?"

"We went to grow some plants in burned areas."

I asked that and Sara answered me.

Her face has improved a lot, after losing Romeo, the Rosenberg family went into a big depression.

I stayed by their side keeping them company. Mostly I hugged Sara so she would go to sleep without crying.

She seems to be getting over it little by little as her smile is not fake like before.

The idiots went to check on their food while I stayed with the girls.

At that, some people approached me.

An older lady shook my hand.

"Thank you so much for saving my son, guardian. No, savior king. I really appreciate it."

"... There's nothing to thank ma'am."

I stood close to her and smiled.

"It's only natural. After all, I'm a hero and it's normal to help people."

Lucy and Sara hugged me as I showed my fake hero image.

I didn't like pretending to be a hero, Lucy was just like me.

But Ixion said to me.

"Better for a war-torn nation a lie of hope, than a cruel truth."

"Thanks to Lugh's words, you are now seen as an international hero, everyone loves you and recognizes you as their savior. Or would you prefer everyone to hate you even though you are supporting them? Just the thought of that would generate more hatred for you."

Sara also supported that idea like her father.

"We will support you Rudel in this necessary lie to make everyone happy."

I could not refuse, so I just accepted that fate.

Even the children loved me.

I should be happy, but I'm not.

◇◇◇

A meeting was taking place in a makeshift building near where the collapsed Sacred Tree Temple stood.

The new great nobles were present.

Six of them in total.

"How are negotiations with other countries going?"

Reconstruction work is proceeding at great speed in the Aster ports.

Since the embassies of neighboring countries are concentrated around the port in the territory of various families, it was necessary to give priority to maintenance.

The reason for this help?

Interests of course.

Now that Aster is down, the whole world can lend its help and receive benefits from it.

Charity does not exist.

Among them, the country that helped the most was the Free Trade Federation of Seberg, a mercantile nation.

Diplomatic negotiations will be more necessary than ever.

Randolf was in the center, next to him was Diana with a downcast look and behind him Lutart.

Randolf had resigned as Acting Chairman and passed his position to whomever wanted it.

But... no one wanted it.

Dealing with the problems of a destroyed nation caused many relatives of the great nobles, among them Randolf's sisters and brothers, to flee with their money to certain countries of the world.

For that reason, since Rudel is the new king, Randolf was nominated as the Regent.

Because of being part of the revolution and having imprisoned Randolf, Diana was treated with the greatest hatred by the country.

Her household is now being rebuilt, but not because she was the current head of Vermillion Household.

It was to be imprisoned there.

The sacred tree declared that Diana must live to be an old woman, which means someone else will take her place.

Diana was not executed, but because of the situation she is in.

She will not be able to live outside her home.

Despite being recognized as the priestess and head of her household.

No one, neither the country nor the great nobles consider her as their companion.

Even the title once created as the Seven Aristocratic Families no longer exists. Not even that of the Six Great Nobles.

Among this, there are two vital details about Diana and her sin.

The first is that Ixion analyzed the reborn sacred tree, it was undoubtedly equal to the former sacred tree.

But, to grow to its former size, it would need at least 50 years.

The sacred tree is an air purifier, therefore, through Diana it can gather the magical element of air and grow.

The problem is that. Diana would have to bear a great burden.

You wouldn't know if she could bear the pressure or the pain of feeling her life being sucked out of her.

But she said in the face of that responsibility without crying.

"This is my responsibility, I will bear my consequences."

But deep down... she didn't want to be.

She didn't want that big responsibility.

But she couldn't refuse, it was her curse for committing such an act of selflessness.

That's where the second reason for her torment came in.

Around her neck was placed the bondage collar used in the past on Lucy.

The chain was placed on one of the roots of the sacred tree.

Diana could never leave this country if she wanted to.

The one responsible for it was right here.

An angry man threw his fist on the desk.

"I refuse to accept that fellow as our new king!"

An attractive young man similar to Linus, but several years younger than him, expressed his discomfort.

"Are we really going to swallow those lies?"

It was Tom─ Thomas Ian Exner, the missing capture target.

Tom during the attack was modeling, the building collapsed and he lost his right eye as well as his left leg.

If before he had blindness and could not pilot armor again.

Now much less so since his beautiful face had a large scar on his cheek.

Tom was Sara's former fiancé, and now for leaving her alone, he was punished in this way.

Because the Exner Household lost its head and all possible candidates, Tom was chosen to be it because he was Linus' younger brother.

"Besides. why is this crap here? My brother died because of this guy who helped them!"

It was Jude that Tom pointed the finger at.

There was an unexpected miracle.

Cliff, Jude's father survived the blow from the roots of the sacred tree.

But his condition was not favorably.

When he fell to the ground he hit his head so hard that the once known as the most fearsome man in the country was now behaving like a newborn baby.

Cliff's wife, Jude's mother and other family members begged Rudel to return him to normal.

But they were rebuffed.

Rudel laughed at Cliff's condition, it was the punishment for an ambitious man like him.

Jude's older brother, the son of a mistress, chose to sacrifice his father while he slept so he wouldn't have to clean up his mess.

Only Jude stood up for him.

He told them. "Despite the fact that he wasn't the best father or husband, he is still related to you. Are you really planning to sacrifice him just because the situation is difficult with him?"

Jude's brother handed him not only the responsibility of caring for his father whose mental state was equal to that of a baby.

He was also given the position of the new head of Banfield Household.

Diana reassured Tom.

"Tom-senpai, you mustn't talk about him like that. Rudel help us─"

"You shut up! You're another reason why he died. But this scum here was part of the scum of the Kingdom that killed my older brother! Even restoring the noble families won't do any good since we're in debt up to our necks!"

"I'm sorry."

Diana fell at Tom's threat, she was trembling.

Jude defended Diana.

"Blaming the count for your brother's actions is wrong. It just makes you look like a sore loser with a grudge."

"I'll kill you!"

Tom grabbed Jude by the neck of his shirt and lunged to the ground to punch him.

Jude fought back Tom's blows.

"This wouldn't have happened if your brother and the other great nobles hadn't been such ambitious grudges! I even warned my father that picking fights with the count was a bad idea!"

"Shut your mouth! You had to die like the others if you really wanted to be recognized as heir!"

The beating of them did not stop even with Lutart trying to separate them.

Randolf was still depressed over the death of his son, but his wife and daughter were still alive. He asked for the next report.

"How is the foreign aid coming along?"

A man just like Wenz, his younger brother Elijah, was the new head of Lunor Household replied.

"I wouldn't say it's going badly. But the foreign merchants and nobles are not generous. We'll be in very bad shape if they keep asking for more orbs than we promise to pay."

Unlike his older brother, Elijah was very competent, he was hardworking and rational. Had he been in charge of the house during that incident, this would not have happened.

After Lugh's death, his family was so angry with Diana that they are the only ones calling for her head without caring that the country will perish this time. There were only three houses left without heirs, two of them sought automatic replacements.

Elijah was one, the next was Malcolm who covers his face with his hands.

"Seberg offered us up to 20 years guarantee to pay our debt, the problem is that the orbs are slow to grow unlike before. They are getting picky about payment."

The reason he was depressed, was due to the fact that after the Zack incident. Wayne Household erupted into chaos.

No one wanted to take the traitor's place to be judged by the people.

That's why everyone chose Malcolm who no longer cared to live because his wife and newborn son... died during Rudel's attack on the monster tree.

Randolf became sadder.

(No use having survived when sad days come to this country.)

(To make it all worse, the Herring Household is still a nuisance.)

After learning of Randy's death, the Herring Household did not miss the opportunity to name many of their sons as the new head of the family.

But Randolf wouldn't allow it.

He presented many false proofs to prevent the Herring Household from not only having power again, but also to get rid of them once and for all.

It was difficult, but he finally succeeded in driving the Herrings out of Aster, without a single coin.

He didn't want to deal with those parasitic and corrupt human beings again.

They protested, they had allies, but he didn't care about that.

Thanks to that. They are now the Five Great Nobles.

They lost two families instead of getting them back.

(The new sacred tree takes a week instead of a day to generate the amount of magic stones needed for a normal sale. The magic power in the orbs is less than expected. At this rate, that alone will be the only option.)

Randolf spoke to everyone in his serious tone.

"Listen everyone, have a proposal. Although I don't like it, it's the only solution to get out of this crisis."

Elijah answered him.

"If we ask the current guardian for help, isn't it his duty to take care of Aster now?"

"Rudel's situation means nothing to us. Lucy herself said she wanted nothing to do with the great nobles. Therefore, Vermillion Household will be just another name in this country."

Diana was saddened to hear that.

"We have no choice but to sell the two empty seats to wealthy merchants, powerful nobles from abroad or even manage to engage any of you, preferably young men like Tom and Jude with daughters of wealthy men. Only that option is left to us."

Malcolm sighed.

"Sell the position of great nobles to foreigners or total ruin, I don't know which is worse?"

"In our current situation, the Acting Chairman─ the regent Randolf-dono, handed us a small part of power to become the great nobles again."

"We must take what we have and not let go. We can't complain now."

"It is as Elijah says. I consider this the best option, but, I want to hear your opinions."

Everyone raised their hands, Tom did so reluctantly, even Diana.

"Does that mean you agree?"

"... Very well. That takes care of one problem."

"Hold on a moment, Acting Chairman-dono. I consider that solution very inappropriate for you."

Everyone's gazes turned to a man who opened the door abruptly.

Randolf asked looking at the strange smiling man.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"

"That we will answer later. But first I would like to give you all, a solution to the money problem. I'm sure we'll both benefit mutually."

"I hear you."

Randolf said, squinting his eyes. That man said─

The expected day came.

Kingdom officials came to talk about what happened.

I put on my best suit to lie.

The weird thing was that they also asked Erselica's group to go too.

The girls stayed in Aurora with Bell.

We arrived at the newly rebuilt embassy and sat in the visitor's lounge.

After a while, they asked everyone to go inside leaving me alone for the end.

I was ready with my best excuse. Ixion was invisible next to me.

When my name was called, I entered with my victorious smile.

... Which was erased after I saw that it wasn't just simpleton officials who were here.

There were in addition to knights, several ministers at desks lined up in an inverted U-shape.

To one side stood a man with long blond hair and piercing red eyes.

It was Duke Siegwald von Bismarck, my father-in-law.

Beside him wearing a suit of armor was his heir, a handsome young man similar to him, but with his hair tied back, Vayne von Bismarck.

Unlike his father who had a very serious face, his son maintained a relaxed expression without losing his elegance.

In the center of all those desks was a man I hadn't seen for a long time.

An elderly man with gray hair, closed eyes and spots on his forehead.

The Prime Minister of the Kingdom, Mayer von Ritzburg.

Next to him was the most important man of the Kingdom, as well as the most despicable human being, not even Randy beats him.

A man who because of his silver hair should be considered an old man, but is not.

His purple eyes were a rare feature to find in the Kingdom.

This man, the King Leonis von Altfode, was the worst thing I could have imagined meeting.

Leonis was smiling from cheek to cheek as he looked at me.

"How have you been, Mr. Hero?"

I became so irritated that I forgot my manners.

"What is the most important man in the country abroad?"

"Don't you have other duties to do than to come?"

My threatening tone was polite, it was an official meeting. But I can't stand this guy.

"Please allow me to answer this count."

A voice came behind me, the door was still open, there I saw a person who made me kneel just by her presence.

A beautiful woman with wavy, long back length ash blonde hair.

Her beautiful navy blue eyes were like shining pearls against the backdrop of the blue sea.

Despite being a married lady with a son and twice my age, she looked so young that she seemed to be in her early twenties.

She was the queen, Lecia von Altfode.

Upon seeing her, I couldn't help but greet her.

"My queen, it is an honor to be honored by your presence. I am sorry for all the inconvenience you had to go through to leave your post of duty. I am very sorry that you personally came to lecture me."

"Hey, your behavior with her sounds truly regretful! Why are you ignoring me huh?"

Even Leonis' loud voice couldn't bother me, that was because...

(As always, just by looking at her, I could feel my heart purify.)

I could admire her goddess-like body.

Perfectly wide hips, a slim waist and above all... huge breasts that only a heavenly mother like her should have.

I unintentionally showed my happiness in front of her.

She blushed a little, trying to conceal it.

It didn't help that her beautiful dress has an opening in her fantastic breasts to admire the softness of her freckled white skin like sheep's wool.

"Emm, Count, I appreciate your apology. But we are at an official palace meeting."

My happy face was erased by one of seriousness.

"I understand. I beg your pardon for my behavior."

I said that without getting up, she walked to her seat next to the king.

"Why is it only with you that he behaves so obliging? Are you his mother by any chance?"

Leonis was throwing a tantrum, it was almost like a child screaming "I want an ice cream too, it's not fair that I'm the only one who doesn't have any", despite having already bought him one.

Leaving the boy king aside. I asked seriously.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?"

It was Mayer who answered as he looked over some papers.

"You see Count Bradford. We are upset about your actions you have accomplished this year, especially the recent war you have started."

I didn't answer, they would tell me they wouldn't believe me if I said it was all because of Zero.

"But we're not mad at you."

I looked at Mayer-san who was smiling.

"Thanks to you, the Kingdom has not only left a new sign for our enemies to be afraid of us."

"You ended the threat of the republic in even got Aster to owe us several favors."

"Favors?"

After asking that, the duke replied.

"Do you remember what I told you a year ago?"

"When you went to dinner with your family, I told you that I would help you get your territory back if you managed to give us something of equal or greater value."

"Well, we sent our fleet to the republic and they are now part of the Kingdom as is the old commonwealth. Thanks to that you were able to get your island back."

Apparently, the adults are back from doing their own thing.

The world of politics is a very dirty thing for me.

But I got my territory back and that's what matters.

I asked curiously.

"And the favor you got from Aster?"

Leonis spoke to me while picking his nose.

"That Randolf, that guy is just like Sieg, hard to deal with. In the end we couldn't get everything we wanted, but we got a good result. Lecia, how did it go with her?"

The queen answered me with a smile.

"Thanks to Alisa I was able to hear a lot of interesting things. For starters, about that sapling. Count, congratulations on becoming the guardian and king of this country."

The queen was a kind woman, but at the moment she was in work mode, meaning that she thought only of benefits of the kingdom.

But, a beautiful and hardworking woman is not bad. She only lacks a suit and glasses and I would be able to work without pay just to see her walk.

For that reason, what she said scared me.

"Count, I hope you don't think that now because you will be king of another country you will stop being a noble of the Kingdom right?"

"It would be very bad for us if you were to leave us, especially your betrothed."

"There is also the business of the false saint."

Leonis said that, his smile growing as he spoke.

"I heard from the officials that in addition to taking care of your crown prince. You were also giving a pension to the fake saint. Isn't that very convenient?"

"... What are you getting at?"

I didn't like at all that this guy nor the queen, nor the other ministers are here.

"Come on, it's obvious to know. She's still on trial, she has only a few days left before she returns home and the temple demands her head."

"We can't refuse after all. She is a traitor and a fake."

I was beginning to get angry.

"Why do you say that to me?"

"No reason. I just thought, it would be good to avoid a way to execute her. Not that it would affect us, but if someone wanted to avoid that. I'd have to accept the proposal Randolf and I agreed on."

"Proposal?"

Leonis demonstrated why he was a king as well as why he hadn't been assassinated yet.

"What if someone decided to become ruler of this land, but still be a knight of the Kingdom? You know, a vassal state in other words."

I see what you're getting at.

I could object, but that would only leave Erselica worse off.

I have no choice other than to accept it.

"Fine. I will become a regent king of this country and be a vassal of the Kingdom."

"Hahahaha! Did you hear that Mayer? The idiot actually believed it hahaha."

"... Huh?"

I looked at Leonis while I was showing a dumb face, the prime minister sighed in disappointment.

"I really can't believe you agreed before such a cheap trick."

"Mayer, even I didn't expect something like this to happen."

"My queen, this is worse than I imagined, but it can't be helped."

Leonis told me something that made me angry.

"Buhahahahaha! Did you really believe it! Did you think we were really going to let that girl be executed?"

"Huh?"

Lecia answered me angrily.

"We weren't going to let them execute her. Liam already told us several times that if we execute her, he'll die too. Or if we exile her, he'll leave. That kid is so stubborn, no matter how much I threaten him. We can't get rid of her even if we want to."

She said that while pouting.

"That's why we decided to forget the matter of her! Only Mayer is more interested in executing her to sink the temple, it would be very good for him if the temple disappears, wouldn't it?"

"Your Majesty, you are being impolite."

Even Mayer-san was annoyed with Leonis.

"When I spoke with Randolf about the future of our countries, we agreed that for a few decades the newly created Republic of Aster will be a vassal of the Kingdom."

"After they recover we will be allies. Randolf emphasized a lot that when the republic grows they might get rid of us. It really scared me how he stated that."

As expected of Randolf, he did not allow himself to be extorted by this buffoon.

If Aster was now a republic, did he mean they would eliminate some things like their system of oligarchy?

Then why want me as king?

Leonis answered me while touching his thin mustache.

"Randolf said that the territory of the expelled Herring will be put up for auction like the position of great noble for a hefty sum of money."

"Instead, the Vermillion territory will be a connection between the Kingdom and the Republic."

"No one wants a shitty brat like you to be king. You don't even have the nuts to order someone executed! I can, that's why I'm a great king! Buhahahahaha!"

Leonis' despicable laughter began to make everyone uncomfortable.

His mockery did not end there.

"We agreed on your engagement with those girls as well. Siegwald spoke to me as well before I met with Randolf."

"It would be too bad if Alisa is not your wife. That is why that girl Lucy will be your Aster wife, while that girl Sara as your concubine, was recognized as the heiress of her house."

"It means that both Rosenberg Household and Vermillion Household will have assured heirs. In the future Vermillion Household will once again become part of the Six Great Nobles."

"We would never allow anyone to inherit your lost item. Aren't I a wonderful planner? You should all give me my commendation for overthinking! Buhahahahaha!"

More and more of this country's level of dislike was making me irritated.

"For that reason, the Bradford-Vermillion territory will be administered by an appointed official along with Randolf."

"But that's not the best of it. Your reward is missing!"

*Cough*

"Come in."

Leonis' mocking tone disappeared to become serious.

Erselica and the others entered.

Why did they come in?

"We're going with the reward delivery to Marquis Bradford."

At that moment, I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"... What did you say?"

Leonis looked at me with disinterest, but his smile showed how much he enjoyed it.

"I said. Marquis Bradford."

I began to sweat, I spoke to him respectfully.

"H-Hold on a moment your majesty."

"A marquis?"

"Don't you think you're exaggerating?"

The title of marquis before this year's reform consisted that only a handful of important people could become one.

Whether they were betrothed to the daughter of some duke or relative of the royal family.

Even rich merchants like great commanders aspired to that.

It also applied to a margrave, but that title was removed.

I can't be a marquis, I don't want to be one either!

Leonis used a handkerchief to wipe his ears as he answered me.

"No. I am the king, for giving us this country as a gift, doesn't it remind you that it was just like the commonwealth? I promoted you to count and the third highest rank."

Third highest rank. In the kingdom there are thirteen ranks where all social classes enter, the king was the main one.

The queen the second.

The crown prince was the third.

But I can't be the crown prince.

So Leonis created an imaginary rank, third lower rank.

"For this achievement I promote you to marquis. I can't promote you any higher because that would mean taking away Lecia's position and no one should be above the king."

"Good though. There's that story of the lower rank zero belonging to the demon king and the higher rank zero belonging to the saint. But those are nonsense tales from the past. No one can be above me!"

"Don't joke about it!"

"Who's joking, Marquis Bradford?"

"Do you forget that you are now king of an allied country?"

"It is natural for a hero to be rewarded for it."

"You also need vassals. You will serve."

I turned around and saw no one.

Then, I sweated again.

I slowly turned around and saw them.

Like me, they made a face of not being able to believe what they were hearing.

"Those four are not wanted in their homes either because they are still fools. We don't want them in the palace, that's why I relegate them to be your personal knights, think of them as adopted sons."

The four of them smiled mischievously.

"I choose to be the captain of the first squad!"(Chlust).

"Hehehe, I'll be the captain of the second squad then." (Clovis)

"I get the third." (Warren)

"Wait a minute! That leaves me as the last of the lot!" (Frey)

I began to scream internally.

(No...)

(I don't want to be tied to these guys again and worse it will be forever!)

I looked at Liam who was looking dejectedly in my direction while touching the tip of his index finger to his mouth.

"How envious. I'll be alone now."

(Are you just a kid who ran out of friends to play with!)

(Is this guy going to be my future king?)

Everyone present heard that, Leonis turned to his son.

"Liam, first of all, do you know who the masked knight is?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Are you sure?"

"Very sure."

"Right. Since the crown prince doesn't learn his lesson, it'll be another season where you're just the first prince. It's really a pain in the ass that you're the first."

Hey, don't say that to your son. If he's an idiot it's because you're his father.

"For that reason I relegate the marquis as the head of Liam's royal guard."

"With that said, it only remains to state one more thing."

"Wait a moment!

I couldn't take it anymore and burst out in anger."

"For a while now I've been holding back on all your promotions. Many of them seem absurd to me. What the hell do you gain by giving me so many promotions and responsibilities?"

Leonis then smiled with a grimace just like a half-moon in his mouth.

"I told you didn't I? That I'd make you pay for all the work you've made me do. Unforgivable! Unforgivable is that! Forcing the king to spend a bad night for a man and not being able to have fun with his girls! Be thankful I don't name you commander! Ah, it's true. Congratulations, now you're your own commander, you can move your own fleet, that position can only be done by great knights. Buhahahaha!"

"Nobody beats the king!"

I shouted at this piece of trash.

"Everything you say and do is just the tantrum of a resentful child!"

Leonis spat in my face from his position.

It was a very long spit.

"And? I'm the king, the highest authority figure in this country. I can do as I please."

"That's why I'm ascending you. It's my revenge on you, you snotty little shit."

"I can't take it anymore!"

I got into a fighting stance.

"I'm going to kill you king! You fucking scum king, you big son of a bitch!"

Leonis jumped on top of his desk. Just as I did he got into a fighting stance.

"That's what I've been waiting for! I've been training my body all this time to beat the shit out of you, you fucking brat!"

"You're dead!"

"A king never dies! Toh!"

He jumped right at me.

"Eat this! Royal kick!"

He kicked me hard in the jaw, but it didn't hurt, I grabbed him by his shirt and buried my fist in his face.

"You're the worst king in the world! You should be dead and sent to hell!"

"If that happens, I'll take you with me to serve me for all eternity!"

His crown fell to the ground, we had a loud exchange of punches.

The damned old man was strong, he really trained.

As my head was sent back, I could see the ministers with complicated expressions.

"Emm. Shouldn't we stop them?"

"I don't know what to do. His Majesty is scary, but the count─ the marquis is scary too."

"Just ignore them."

Siegwald replied with a dull look as he read a report.

"On that I agree. Let the kids fight and you'll see how they calm down."

Mayer was saying that as he signed some papers. Lecia on the other hand ignored us.

"Mayer, it says here that the amount of magic stones will take longer, what do we do?"

"Well─"

They really were ignoring us.

But that didn't mean I was going to let this bastard get away with it.

After a long while of exchanging our fists, the decisive moment came.

Leonis and I both had blood all over our swollen faces.

"I'm going to kill you now I am, you scumbag king."

"Try it you snotty little shit. Your king will always live, a dead hero doesn't beat a king."

I was having my final battle against Leonis. The winner would end the other's life.

"Leoniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!"

"Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!"

Leonis threw a punch at me that I dodged.

I slipped behind him and grabbed him from behind.

I had trained too thanks to Chlust.

I suplexed this scumbag.

"Try my final destructive technique! Bradford Special Suplex!"

I was about to smash his head in when this bastard cheated.

He took a stinky flatulence.

It smelled really bad.

"God! It smells horrible!"

"Long live the king! That's me!"

With those words, I let go of Leonis due to him hitting me hard in the jaw with his elbow.

At the same time, we both hit our heads.

The pain was so much that I started to faint, Leonis likewise.

"Damn you... you fucking king..."

After a while I woke up on the floor.

The ministers were still signing documents.

I looked to my side and Leonis was gone.

As I got up, a maid came to me with a drink and a wet towel.

Leonis was standing next to Liam lecturing him.

I heard him say something strange.

"That suit was mine! You stole it from my secret closet."

"It's not secret if Mom ordered to throw away all the weird women's clothes you had hidden in there."

"So she was the one who got rid of the very small school uniforms I had stashed away for my girls? Curse you Lecia, you fat, ugly, you old woman with ridiculously saggy breasts~."

I was surprised that by now, the queen hadn't poisoned this guy.

What's more, what he said wasn't exactly in a low voice.

I looked at Lecia and she wasn't here.

That's why this guy was able to take advantage of his wife.

I stood up and everyone was aware of my presence.

"Ah, Bradford."

Liam said, but then corrected himself.

"No. From now on we'll be together because you're my bodyguard. That's why I consider it best to drop the formalities."

Who the hell is your bodyguard?

Ah, that's right... damn Leonis.

Frey went to support Liam.

"Your Highness is right, we are no longer mere strangers nor do we compare class. We are now vassal to the count─ marquis."

"That's why I support the idea of calling him something more fitting to our relationship."

Everyone nodded.

"Nice working with you, Rudel." (Liam)

"At your command, Marquis Rudel." (Frey)

"Captain a pleasure! I mean, Captain Rudel." (Chlust)

"I look forward to being under your care, Rudel." (Warren)

"Although I was the first one to call it that. But it's different now, isn't it? Rudel." (Clovis)

The smiles of the five meant that they would now in more torment me.

"This... Your Majesty."

Erselica turned all frightened to Leonis.

Who seemed to want to grope a maid.

"Hmm? What do you want."

"What will happen to me? Y-you'll still want to kill me."

"Well. Rest assured many want that, but like I said, it's mostly Mayer and the temple. As for me I don't care if you live or not, I don't like small tits."

"Huh?"

Did this guy say he wouldn't help Erselica just because she was flat-chested?

Now that I remember, this son of a bitch once tried to grope Airi.

It was when we went to the palace before the Lucy incident.

Despite knowing Airi was my fiancée, he took her hand and said.

"Miss, would you like to discuss the future of the nation in my chambers."

I could feel Alisa's murderous desire growing just to see this old pervert.

I will kill him one day.

He kept talking.

"How I said. You're his problem now, if you care about the academy. Ah, this goes for everyone. You must finish the academy."

"It would be very disappointing if young people with such splendid futures as yourselves enter the new school semester without learning anything."

"That's why I asked a certain acquaintance to help me in giving you private lessons. It will be a torment for you since I told him to teach you everything you miss at the Kingdom academy."

"Happy studies, buahahaha."

"So, you are that boy's problem."

This son of a bitch really seeks to make fun of me as much as he can.

I swear I'll kill you without a doubt Leonis.

My eyes focused on Erselica who was crying.

"O..."

Huh, again?

"O..."

No. Hey, don't say it, it'll be too bad.

"Onii-chan~~!"

Erselica jumped on me while crying.

"I'm so happy!"

"They're not going to kill me. My head will still be in place and I'll be able to return to the Kingdom. Uwaaaaaaaaaah!"

"You idiot! Do you realize what you said?"

Erselica stopped crying.

We focused on the looks on everyone's faces.

I was thinking what to say in this impossibly unmanageable situation.

But my hope descended on my head.

"It hurts."

Ixion stopped becoming invisible and whispered to me.

"Don't worry. While you were sleeping, I told everyone here about the situation with Erselica."

I told him in whispers.

"Did you tell them we were cousins from a previous life?"

"Are you an idiot? I told everyone that you threatened Erselica that you would leave her alone if she didn't call you brother."

"... Huh? I'm sorry. I beg your pardon?"

"I told them. That so no one would think it weird why you prevented Erselica's death and gave her an allowance, it was because you are a degenerate who has a sister complex."

"Erselica having a developing girl's body, she had no choice but to call it that in order to survive."

I looked at everyone's gazes, their eyes emanated disgust. Even Siegwald sent me looks of disgust, Vayne avoided looking at me.

The idiots instead said.

"I was surprised to hear that. But, it makes all the sense in the world, after all, you bragged about your little sister all the time." (Liam)

"Although I dislike seeing you for threatening poor Erselica-san because of your repulsive taste, I thank you for saving her." (Frey)

"I never imagined you had such disgusting intentions despite having fiancées. You disgust me Rudel, I respected you, now you are on the same level as Clovis" (Chlust)

"Rudel, I'm no one to talk about fetishes, but you're sick. Forcing yourself on a girl like Erselica just to save her life..." (Warren)

"Hey, what do you mean I'm on the same level as this guy? He's clearly worse than me." (Clovis)

"Buahaha. So you're just a degenerate who takes pleasure in forcing small-bodied women to call you big brother. Buahaha, now I'll make fun of you every day, buahaha." (Leonis)

My face was horrified to the point of wanting to cry.

(I don't want to be treated by everyone like a degenerate with a sister complex just so they won't kill this idiot!)

"By the way, Lecia left the room precisely because of this disgust. I don't know if she went to tell those two."

I covered my face and stood up to leave crying like last year.

Please kill me!

Before running out I was suddenly hugged.

"Yay~! I won't die, thank you. Onii-chan, I love you~."

"Nooo! Get away from me!"

Erselica hugged me, she didn't want to let go.

"Marquis!"

Allen and Cana who were on the spot hugged me too.

What's wrong with them?

I wanted to get them away from me.

"Please hire me as your assistant marquis."

"Me too!"

"What's wrong with you people?"

These little guys have a lot of strength.

Allen crying replied.

"Now that these guys and Master will be with you! We'll be unemployed because they'll have exclusive servants!"

"We have nowhere to live and nowhere to eat! Please hire us!"

"..."

I grimaced at their desperation.

"Please onii-chan! These guys know how to do housework and they're helpful too! Please hire them! Yes? Do it for your sweet little sister?"

This was freaking me out. Erselica was abusing that now everyone was treating me like a degenerate because of her.

Very irritated I said.

"Th-that's okay. I'll hire them to take care of her."

"Yes! I love you onii-chan!" (Erselica)

"Me too onii-chan!" (Cana)

"I-I do too. O-Onii-chan!" (Allen)

This was getting way out of line.

Now I'll be forever typecast as a degenerate with a sister complex.

I must keep Pola from finding out about this. I would not tolerate her seeing me as a pervert.

No, my family too especially Lyle, that guy would be the first to make fun of me.

Erselica came up to me climbing up my body and whispered.

"Aren't you happy things ended well this way?"

"My dear. O~ni~i-cha~n. ❤"

Seeing Erselica's face, I got a shock.

Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes moist. She looked like a real cute little sister but for her irises.

They were forming a heart.

I had seen this strange pattern before, but now I was frightened by what she said next.

"Your cute little sister will always accompany you wherever you go. Ufufu, I won't leave you alone again, my beloved onii-chan."

Added with her kiss on my cheek. It only made me terrified more.

After leaving the makeshift meeting room, I was asked to go to a new location.

At the door was waiting for me and a maid who accompanied her.

I went in with Lucy and inside was Lecia having tea and cookies.

The happy face she made showed that this mature woman could make such adorable expressions.

Seeing us she went into work mode again.

"Nice to meet you, Lucy-chan."

"S-Same here. Nice to meet you, Queen Lecia."

This was an official meeting despite the circumstances. Lecia spoke to Lucy like a mother to her daughter to make her feel comfortable with her.

Lucy whispered in my ear after tugging on my shirt.

"Hey. You didn't tell me the queen was such an attractive woman, is she really Liam's mother?"

"Even if she doesn't look like it, she is."

Lucy looked at Lecia with a smile, then it was wiped away as she lowered down to lower toward her chest, she looked at me to see and mumbled.

"They're huge. I can see why you liked going to the palace so much."

I averted my face because I couldn't argue anything to defend myself.

As we walked in, I sat down and Lecia told us the reason for the call.

"I'll be blunt. The situation of the two of you is a rarity never seen before."

"Starting with the fact that the marquis is recognized by the sacred tree and as its king. In your situation they put you as their queen. Are they okay with that decision?"

Lucy replied in embarrassment.

"I wouldn't know what to tell you. It was all so unexpected and quick that we just had to accept it."

"I understand that and more so in this critical situation. That's why I want you to understand that right now, the Republic of Aster is vulnerable to enemy attacks."

We already knew that. Ixion has been busy destroying invading ships on the country's borders.

"Neither of us has the skills or education to govern. For that reason, Regent Randolf-dono will be in charge of this country until you Lucy, come of age and your daughter being born will officially make you the queen."

Lucy blushed at the thought of having a girl with me. I did too.

"That's why. As you will be the future rulers of this land. You must understand that even if so, you will be vassals of the Kingdom."

"Huh?"

Lecia's smile as her loving eyes disappeared. This was the face of the woman who rules a country filled with inept people.

"We are giving more aid than necessary to this country because of your crisis. Of course, I'm sure you know that the money, food and labor we put in is not cheap. right?"

"I-I know. Diana told me that in the future she will make sure to pay you for everything you are doing. You don't have to worry about the debt not being met."

"I'm not talking about that. It is your obligation to pay the debts, what I am talking about is that the monetary interest will go up a small percentage over time."

"That small percentage will cause the debt to rise to hundreds and then thousands of cash bills. are you getting what I'm going for?"

"N-No. Sorry."

Lucy couldn't look Lecia in the eye, I was scared of how scary the finances were.

She crossed her long legs showing off her plump thighs before saying.

"What I'm saying is that we need insurance. A prepaid part of the payment."

"For example... deliver the sapling to the Kingdom."

I was shocked to hear that preposition.

"The sapling belongs to them. But doesn't this country already have the sacred tree? Isn't it unfair for us not to have a way to be able to earn money or overcome power failure problems in the future?"

"I'm sure with the sapling. That future debt and fear will be erased instantly."

She said that with a smile.

I was startled at how she practically threatened us to hand over the sapling to the palace.

It reminds me of a section chief I had. She was so strict that she once fired a guy for being two seconds late due to traffic. She counted all his absences and the guy only managed to generate one-minute total tardiness.

Smart women are really scary.

For that reason, we must give her the sprout or else she will cut off the help sent.

Lecia was a queen, despite being a kind woman and loving mother. She was a human being who looked after her own before others.

Her country was the representative of the United Kingdom, so negotiations with powerful nations are her forte.

I kept an eye through Ixion on the documents Leonis had in his hands.

It was Lecia's handwriting who had written all the clauses, guidelines and possible losses in case of accidents.

Everything was so perfectly detailed that it was scary.

Not for nothing this woman is the real ruler of the Kingdom and not her useless husband. I even noticed how respect for Leonis has drastically worsened.

The worst was what she said to me before leaving.

"You were wondering why a marquis? Well, a man like you who will marry a duke's daughter must have a proper status. And equally with that engagement, you will be part of the royal family, whether you want to be or not."

I sighed and unintentionally blurted out what I was thinking.

"Politics is horrendous."

Lecia laughed at me.

"Fufufu. In fact, even with politics you can't stop tragedies like this from happening. It's a miracle that thanks to your politics, Marquis Bradford, we can have so much influence in this country."

That sounded almost like quitting. "You brought this on by your actions, it's a good thing you're on the side of the Kingdom."

Lucy touched her stomach.

"Umm, my belly hurts from this talk."

"I'm sorry. But I must see to the safety of my country, it is my duty as their queen. When you become queen, you will understand that too."

Lecia comforted Lucy as if she were a mother, after threatening her. No doubt she could be terrifying too.

Someone knocked on the door, when it opened, Alisa was with Airi.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion Your Majesty. But we came to take Lucy away, we must help search for more wounded."

Because of Lucy's powers, she can grow roots and they locate people under the rubble.

Since it is tiring work, they must take breaks.

I stood up to lead Lucy outside.

"Wait a moment, Marquis. You can't leave, we still have things to talk about your actions like declaring yourself king."

I look like I'm going to get scolded. I hate that.

Alisa took Lucy's wheelchair to carry her.

"In that case, we'll be going. Rudel, come help us later."

"See you later Rudel-san. Excuse me Your Majesty."

Airi said goodbye to us and closed the door.

I could hear the girls' voices chatting as they walked away.

I sighed and turned around.

"Well. Tell me what I did wrong─"

Was what I was saying before suddenly Lecia rushed towards me and kissed me.

Why was she kissing me?

Well there was something that no one knew.

And that is that months ago, I managed to win her over.

She was also the woman who turned me into a man.

After kissing me passionately, she withdrew her lips and then hugged me.

"Rudel-kun! I was so scared that something would happen to you. That I insisted on telling Mayer that it was important to go to Aster instead of waiting for you to return."

For a beautiful woman like her to be mine was a special accomplishment.

I hugged Lecia in response.

"I'm sorry to worry you. But I'm fine as you see."

"It's not that!"

She cried as if something had happened to me.

Her wet eyes stared at me.

"I was afraid something happened to you. After all, I love you."

"Feel my heart. Do you hear how it's racing? It was from thinking something had happened to you from hearing what they did to you."

She placed my hand on her large breast.

She wasn't lying, her heart was racing.

I reassured her.

"There's nothing to worry about. I'm fine."

After wiping away her tears. Lecia pouted and turned her face away from mine.

"S-Something wrong?"

I asked her quizzically at this sudden change of attitude. First she was worried and now she ignores me.

Is she a tsundere?

"It's about that girl. Lucy."

"You had told me she was just a friend. And what do I find?"

"You're with two beautiful, young girls. After all, they have everything in place and besides their chastity is intact."

"How can I not get jealous when you have more and more women?"

This woman had so many facets. That I could only think of her as an anger teenager.

I put my hands on her waist and walked over to her.

"It's because I've changed slightly."

"I'm sorry. But Lucy and Sara are my women. Alisa and Airi too and so are you."

Now her eyes looked at me like she was a puppy.

"But, I'm sure you've had fun with all of them. I highly doubt a guy who doesn't know how to keep it under control can keep himself from assaulting beautiful young women."

"W-Well. Only with Sara nothing's happened yet. More so because of her brother."

Lecia moved closer to me. Our lips were about to meet.

"In that case, show me that you love me. I was so lonely this time that I could only count the days to see each other."

"I really want you to give me your love."

"I'm in need too, but I can't get it off my chest because of everything that's happened. That's why when we get to the Kingdom, I'll look for a special place to take you."

"That's a promise."

I hugged her tightly and we had a passionate kiss.

◇◇◇

At the moment Lecia started kissing Rudel.

Someone opened the door.

That person was trembling at the sight of that scene.

Didn't know what to do, so just closed the door and ran out of the place.

◇◇◇

They told us that we would be going home today. They didn't need us here anymore.

It was good to go home after a long time.

Lecia will accompany us because there is no one in the palace who has influence. Mayer will also go to help her.

Leonis and Siegwald-san will stay behind.

As we put our things away, Erselica came into my room.

I was about to lecture her when I saw that behind her was Diana.

Apparently, she wanted to personally say goodbye to us.

"I'm sorry if I'm taking up your time. I'd just like to talk about something between reincarnates."

I told her it was okay and we sat down.

Diana just looked at the floor instead of our faces.

Erselica asked her.

"How are you feeling?"

It was a question with multiple answers. Any one of them was horrible.

Diana answered without looking up.

"I would say very well. But actually everything is stressful."

"Every day there are meetings from sunrise to sunset."

"After the meetings I am escorted to the sacred tree and I give my prayers that it will help materialize more orbs. But the result is very tiring."

"When I get to my room I have to sign papers dealing with the number of orbs produced per day as read about what will be talked about tomorrow in the itinerary."

"It's only a month since I've been like this, but I feel like I've been doing this for a lifetime."

I could tell from Diana's face what she was suffering.

I'd say I felt a little sorry for her because she turns out to be like Erselica herself.

Even after knowing that part of her actions were influenced by that horrible thing.

I didn't feel that sorry for her. You reap what you sow.

I told her to cheer her up a little.

"It does make you feel better. You're helping the country like you said you would. By the way, how's your relationship with Randolf-san going?"

Now that Randolf knew about what really happened that night, I would like to know what Diana has to say. Lucy said that everything was forgiven because her parents sought to make it happen that way.

"It's going well, I think?"

"As we took breaks we talked about the future of what will happen. The hatred I had for him is still not completely gone, but we are at peace is the important thing."

"I see. Another question."

"Can you really see Lugh in your dreams?"

Diana smiled at the sight of us.

"I don't know if it's really him talking to me or if it's a cruel dream. But, it makes me happy to sleep and spend time with him."

"Especially now that I have to watch over an extra life."

She touched her belly as she said that. Ixion was surprised to learn that she was pregnant with Zack. We all were too, but what surprised us was that Ixion couldn't detect it.

Lugh died and became the new sacred tree.

Despite everything that happened, he still loves Diana and will protect her as the sacred tree.

It's a nice tragic love story isn't it?

Erselica spoke up this time she asked.

"I would like to know if you have any information from the future that could be of use to us. My head doesn't remember so many things."

"Like me, you must know that the empire is the enemy in this final phase. But I heard that the new emperor is not warlike like the previous one, in fact, he opts for peace. So the empire is quiet."

The empire and the united kingdom have their frictions, but that's normal considering the political interests whatever they have.

"The only thing I could warn you about... would be Bandel, but he is already dead. Ah, the other problem is also defeated so there's no danger anymore."

"The other problem? And what's that?"

Diana put her index finger to her lip.

"If I'm not mistaken... I think it was called..."

The name she said was as imposing as that of the Bloody Knight.

"The Sword Saint."

"But he's retired due to injury. So there are no more enemies left."

That's good for us. Reduce trouble and danger.

"Anything else you want to tell us?"

"Umm... there was a princess, but I doubt you'll meet her because she lives on the other side of the world and she won't come out since her target was Aster."

"In that case. There is nothing more to talk about."

I was just wrapping up this brief meeting. Diana stood up and bowed her head.

"I am very sorry that my clumsy actions have caused all this tragedy."

"Not even executing me can bring back all those who died. For that I also thank you for burying them."

After that tragedy. I took Zack's body, Lugh's remains that did not disappear from the sacred tree and Romeo's body and went to bury them in Aster's dungeon.

I asked the Rosenberg family if I could bury my brother-in-law there after joining his head to his body.

They told me. "It is better for us to know that he will be buried in a place where no one can desecrate his grave."

Ixion also carried Zero's remains.

We buried them along with some memories of them.

Then Ixion sealed the entrance so no one could enter.

He even set up drones that would shoot anyone who went too far inside.

A big hole was open in the roof, it was impossible to get there since there were so many ruins.

With that beam of light illuminating their graves. We gave them their well-deserved burial.

Diana was shedding tears before saying goodbye.

"I really am. I'm sorry things ended up like this, it's really a shame I couldn't have made it all end in a tea party."

Diana asked us for a hug. We gave it to her and then we all went to say goodbye to Aster.

Arriving at the dock, the only ship going back to the Kingdom was the main body of Ixion.

Aurora and other airships went ahead because officials, ministers and diplomats were to go ahead.

Mayer will go with them, Leonis will stay with Siegwald because that trash king wanted to go for a walk, the Duke will prevent that.

I heard that right now in the palace there is someone troublesome, but that's none of my business.

After we took our things upstairs. Different people came to say goodbye to us.

Starting with the boys.

Clovis was crying while showing cheap magic tricks to kids who lost their families.

Chlust and a bunch of oily men were flexing their muscles in encouragement.

Warren and a group of men in bathing suits were waving goodbye while spouting nonsense about a clean bath.

While Frey was being harassed by rich nobles and important women because they didn't want a pianist like him to leave.

Liam was the odd one out. Even though his mother was here and saw him.

He was crying in front of a man with oriental features.

"Oyakata. I'm sorry to leave. I promise I will get better at the art of ramen. I promise to be one day and a great ramen master like you!"

What the hell is this kid talking about?

Did his mother become my lover to ensure this guy's ascension to the throne? If so, thank you very much Liam.

Erselica said goodbye to some students of the academy, I did too since there were many students who treated me well.

Even the great nobles came.

Tom avoided seeing me after his brother.

Professor Malcolm took Zack's place, he apologized to me for what his relative did.

An Elijah who was Lugh's uncle asked me what his nephew's final words were. I told him that's what Diana would know.

The Herring family is no more is the best thing of all.

Jude congratulated me.

"Fare you well at home, Marquis."

"Likewise to you. I hope your father gets better."

(Not really. He would have died better.)

Jude laughed as he noticed my lie.

"A son should love his father even if he is a scoundrel. Thank you for showing me my mistakes."

"Not at all."

(No, really. I didn't do anything besides kick your ass.)

That just left them.

Sara was hugging her parents as she cried.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

Her mother replied.

"Don't be silly. This is the best thing for you."

"We talked to the academy and they said you can finish your last semester at the Kingdom so you can graduate."

"Right now Rosenberg Household needs more than anything for their future head to be a prepared woman. Your father and I will be fine, we are so busy that our heads are stuck in paperwork."

Marian wanted by any means Sara to leave, it was the best thing for her.

Randolf touched her shoulder, the tears wouldn't stop.

"It's okay Sara. It's best for everyone if you go with Rudel. I doubt you want to be in the Kingdom all the time anyway, will you come visit us?"

Crying like a little girl, Sara said.

"Y-Yes. I'll come when I miss you two too much. Uwaah!"

She couldn't hold her whining and hugged them to her parents.

I looked at the last people.

Lutart was escorting Diana who was staring at Lucy.

"There are so many things I need to tell you, but I don't know where to start."

"How about with a... see you soon?"

Diana hugged Lucy with all her might.

"I'm sorry onee-chan, I'm not strong! I want you to stay by my side!"

Lucy hugged her to her younger sister.

"It's okay. You don't need to worry about me. Worry about yourself and the future that's growing in your belly."

"I'll come visit you when you're about to give birth."

Lucy smiled at Diana after they parted.

"See you soon, Diana."

"See you soon, onee-chan."

The sisters said their goodbyes and we all started to climb up to the main body of Ixion.

Bell was in Aurora so only Ixion was taking care of everything necessary.

I paused for a moment to turn around and take one last look at this place.

"I spent a year of my life here, I have more bad memories than good actually. It's funny how despite that it feels weird to say goodbye."

I lived so much here.

We came to get a weapon that turned out to be an ally.

We met the heroine who had a twin sister.

The capture targets were jerks, irritating, reincarnated guys and good guys.

Lots of assholes like the great nobles and scumbags like the Herring Household.

Fight the sacred tree and mysterious weird stuff.

Get the sapling, a country saves it and an emblem.

I feel like if I wrote a novel about this, it would be very popular, wouldn't it?

"Rudel-san!"

"Rudel, hurry up and come in."

Airi and Alisa were calling out to me, Ixion came to my side.

"What's wrong with you? Did you get homesick?"

The door was closing, I took one last look before the mechanical door closed.

"A little. Goodbyes are really very sad."

"Despite all that. Goodbye, Supreme Kingdom of Aster."

"One day I will return when you have recovered and can see you as the reconstructed Republic of Aster."

The voices of the people outside echoed so loudly that we could hear them.

Through the windows we waved goodbye to them.

The ship began to take off and we were slowly moving away from the dock.

I said to Ixion.

"What's for lunch today?"

"Since it's a farewell, it would be best to try typical dishes."

"Sounds good."

And with that said, we headed back home.

◇◇◇

Somewhere in the world an important meeting was taking place on an airship.

The people gathered were part of the Ten Powers.

One of them, the king of Bauer showed his indignation.

"This is unacceptable!"

It was due to what happened recently.

"Not only did I lose my heir, I also lost my second son and two of our strongest warships!"

A man laughed at him.

"King of Bauer. Don't you think you're exaggerating? I understand that losing your sons is horrible, but you still have the third prince left to name as heir, don't you?"

"That's not the important thing!"

"What's important is having lost the chance to conquer Aster and now the Altfode Kingdom didn't just take it over!"

"They also destroyed the republic and assassinated several kings as well as wiping out their knights."

"Currently the world is in chaos and instead of being an opportunity to get everything. We are in a red number crisis because of him. that brat!"

Bauer's king placed a picture of Rudel on the table.

Everyone glared at Rudel.

One of the kings said.

"Rudel von Bradford. A simple peasant who found a lost item with which he achieved a huge promotion in a single year despite being the son of a third rate family of barons."

"What's worse is that that brat defeated the legendary Bandel. That daemonic knight who was impossible to kill. Even the sword saint himself couldn't do it despite being the strongest knight in the empire."

The king of the Belkanova kingdom replied to the king of the Ravelt kingdom.

An elf of the holy kingdom added.

"In the current situation, the kingdom is slowly taking over the world. The republic fell and now as Aster is in its domain."

"I wonder what the united kingdom thinks of this?"

"What else are those bastards going to think but to profit from this?"

"They are allied to the Kingdom so what will they profit from it!"

The king of Bastille smiled as he said.

"What would Holloway think of this?"

"Leaving aside that the empire is not what it used to be. The new world order is altering to a degree that no one wants."

"If the Knightdom were to join us. We'd have the round table backing us."

"That's right!"

"Let's ask for their help so we can wipe out the kingdom."

"Calm down, King of Bauer. Right now the important thing is to get organized and try to achieve a relationship with Aster that is being repaired after that crisis."

"But, even so. Isn't it very barbaric to wipe out a country?"

The king of Bastille smiled in a manner next to the elf of the holy kingdom.

"It is as you say."

"Doesn't this act strike you as the worst tragedy that could ever happen?"

"A war criminal is rewarded as a hero."

"He is a genocide don't you forget. How many innocents died?"

"Don't forget that he attacked several countries for no reason."

"Gentlemen, isn't this an opportunity?"

They all smiled evilly.

The king of Bauer looked at Rudel's picture with hatred in his eyes.

"The worst threat to the entire world has been born."

"As of today, the whole world names Rudel von Bradford as the world's enemy number one."

A knife took from the table the king of Bastille and stuck it into Rudel's picture.

"To bring peace to the new world order. You must die, demon king Rudel."

The "demon king" was born into this world. All countries would now look for the "hero" to defeat him.

_________________

Volume 7 completed.

Sacred Tree War Arc, completed.

Saga of the Supreme Kingdom of Aster, finished.

Link to all the chapters in pdf and epub with illustrations. There are not and there will not be more illustrations:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NwaCq6b5_YPa_jJbavzMBxbFHsa2oOth

Starting with everyone's beloved Lecia in all her glory! Reminder that this is what her body looks like:
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/29245157

Update of Leonis face. I can't find old ones so I put someone who looks like him. (To make it better, listen to Takamura Mamoru's voice, if Leonis spoke it would be like his).
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/30333479

We say goodbye to Randolf and Jude as Aster. At least until as Rafiel they go out again one day.

The characters from last chapter and this one have been mentioned in the spin-off, they will have bigger and more important screen there.

Seriously, I already want to write the surprise you will see.

If you paid attention, there is a huge parallel with my otome novel. Try to identify it well.

As a fan service highlight, the AIs as waifus!

Zero, it's the smug smile that makes you sodomize her: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/31582959

Bellion, watch out because she is able to get into the futa like BL: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/31556146

Ixion, the best waifu in the novel, not even Lecia or Lucy can beat her: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88250083

0