Chapter 87 ─ The biggest problem appears
485 12 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear readers, I'm glad to get to this part as it is the emphasis of something very big.

Sorry for the delay, I finally got an answer from a professor about my thesis and I'm having headaches.

This chapter is special because, for those of you who have read my novel Ixion, don't you feel that Serge is like Zack?

While Linus looks like Linus from Ixion, or am I wrong XD?

I want your impressions and comparisons, we are also expanding little more about nations other than the empire.

Next chapter is a long awaited one, you're going to enjoy it.

The night came before we knew it.

We came to a bar that is also a restaurant and is also suitable for all audiences.

It's very weird, it even has even karaoke.

We came here since Barbara told us to wait, she left with Cordelia, Celes and Yukihime who knows where.

Glenn is with the twins in a children's area of this place.

Eli and Lily were singing a song that reminds me a lot of those idols I used to watch when I was Japanese.

The others were cheering them on.

I think the smell of alcohol made Lily dizzy as she is hanging up on Eli, when it's usually the other way around.

Instead, I came to sit at the bar.

I ordered some fried food and a beer.

I heard that the beer here was very good and I wanted to try it.

After doing so, I spit it out.

Apparently I can't tolerate alcohol or maybe I don't know how to drink it.

I immediately apologized to the person next to me who spilled some beer on it.

"I'm so sorry, I really am!"

I was begging him to forgive me since it really was my fault.

I heard him say.

"It's okay. The first time I had a beer something like that happened to me, I understand you."

For some reason, that voice sounded all too familiar.

I opened my eyes and was shocked to see him.

(What is he doing here?)

In front of me was someone I thought I would never meet, he was a character from the game, and not just anyone.

A handsome blue haired guy with a bit of brown making him look like a criminal, along with his hazel green eyes in that sharp stare.

His name was Serge Seburg and he is part of the pay capture targets.

The game only has five recognized capture targets. The others are external, they have almost no relevance or influence on the story, with the exception of two.

That would make them the seven most important capture targets. Currently there are only six.

It is because two of them were Cid and him.

Cid was dangerous as he became a user of the deadly sins.

At first I was going to kill him, my mentality will always be the same, whatever is dangerous to the future of the world must die.

But Cid became a good friend of mine and also I managed to avoid that danger, so Cid is irrelevant to Lily and to the plot.

But this guy, Serge, is a really bad and fat problem.

He's so bad and fat trouble that I could compare him to Desmond.

That guy is the final boss, in my current state it's impossible to defeat him, instead Serge is human, he can be killed in any way.

The reason why I say that is because of his background.

◇◇◇

Serge was a little boy living with his mother and little sister in the slums of the lawless city.

At that time the economic situation for them was not so bad because Cid told Razel that there were trees that bore fruit like bushes.

One day, he and his sister went out to buy a candy, on the way he met a friend, he told him that his cat did not want to come down from a tree.

Serge was the best at climbing trees, he told her not to go far away.

It took him a short time to get the cat down.

As he came down, his eyes rolled all over the place looking for his sister.

It was almost dark, he had been desperately searching for her for hours.

"Cleo! Where are you?"

Serge called out to her, but she didn't answer.

As he walked, some people in suits and dogs were crossing near him.

He stepped aside as they were nobles, seeing them hanging around was not uncommon. Some were doing so looking for women to take as mistresses, he didn't want to get involved with them.

Before they left, he noticed one of the dogs had a piece of cloth in its mouth.

He thought it was strange, he kept looking until he found a crowd.

As he approached to see if it was his little sister crying.

"Are you there Cleo?"

Serge was horrified to find a scene from a very gory horror movie.

"Apparently some nobles have done it again."

"But, with such a little girl."

"They are barbarians, we can only pray it doesn't happen to us."

The crowd left.

Serge stood there. He fell to his knees touching a puddle reflecting the light of a red moon.

He touched a piece of flesh that was once a human face and began to cry.

A few days later passed, his mother became seriously ill.

Curiously, Cid's mother also became ill around that time.

One day, a man with a beard and despite having a belly, his good physique could be seen.

It was his father, Mr. Seburg.

His mother sent for him, it was too late for her.

His father was a man belonging to a baronet household, thanks to his family he was able to obtain a family name since he preferred to be a merchant.

He sat him close to her and spoke words that made her come to her senses.

"I heard about your younger sister. It's a pity, but that's how the nobles of the capital are, they possess great power and influence, in this place live the undesirables, that's why your sister died."

Serge's hands reacted to those words, he felt an electricity coursing through them.

"She died because nobles have a dark side, the dark side of the empire killed her. There's nothing you can do to stop it."

Serge wanted revenge on those who did that to his sister, but he wanted something like this to never happen again.

He stood up, looking at him with an expression of anger and rage.

"I want to avenge her, I don't want her death to be in vain!"

"Those who did that to her will pay for it! But, I don't want this to happen to anyone else either!"

"I want to destroy this country! No, I want to change it!"

His father lit a cigarette and after inhaling a little he said.

"You can't destroy a country, it's like a human body, if you destroy the country it's the same as destroying its brain, lungs or heart."

"The best way to do it is one, it has two answers that are the same. Do you want to hear them?"

"Yes."

"Change it. A nation must change, either from within, by its own people, or from without."

"Currently thanks to some acquaintances both are happening right now."

His father looked him in the eye.

"If I tell you there is a way to bring about change, do you think you can suffer for it? You'll be able to prevent more innocent girls from ending up like this."

The look of fire in Serge's eyes showed his resolve.

"I want to. I want to change this country, no matter what I have to do."

"Okay. Jenna, you were right to contact me, I will take this child. I'm sorry about your condition too, you never told me."

"It's okay. I wanted them to have a happy life but the empire takes away people's hopes and dreams, that must not be allowed."

With those words, Serge accepted his fate.

Days later his mother passed away, he wanted to be with her as long as possible before leaving with his father.

Years passed, Serge met many people, among them one of the pillars of a group called "Revolutionary Army" who wanted to change this country.

That was his background as a character.

That was Serge's background, the truth is that I liked him a lot at the time.

I won't lie, Cid was very boring so I only bought it knowing that the game forced you to do it to finish.

There are few objectives that I bought, the main one was Serge.

Serge has two interesting things to say actually.

The first is that the rebellion of the commoners changed a lot when he is an NPC to when you are on his route.

Starting with the rebellion, it happens thanks to the four year void after prologue due to what happens, this is explained in his route.

During the four years that we do not know what happened to Lily, it is said that outside the empire the other countries managed to join the "United Kingdoms of Bezarius" and thus fight against the empire.

That took four years, in Serge's route, he reveals that he was the main responsible for it.

He provided information from the empire which helped them to gather a lot of power.

Once the four years were up we focused on Lily who was working at the Ministry of Magic.

On Serge's route, Lily meets him before he graduates. Years later they meet while he went to see his father who was at the ministry yelling at Lily, it is unknown what was the reason, maybe reasons to force the script.

Well, at the end they make the typical expression of reuniting with someone and end up going out for talks together later.

Umm, it's making my stomach churn just mentioning Lily dating another man.

Am I jealous?

No. If I were, I wouldn't want a yuri moment between her and Eli so badly.

Back to Serge, he inadvertently tells her about his plans, Lily telling him it was wrong and all.

The difference from the route of any of the five or the reverse harem comes here, because we see Serge's perspective, we learn that there are also nobles and knights who live unhappy with the current situation.

So from his perspective it's a revolution and not just a simple rebellion.

It really is a big change. He even dies in the same way, Lily sees him and cries for him telling him that she loved him, in the end the same thing happens, her saving the country.

Serge's story and role in the game was very interesting for any player, mostly because thanks to him we explore the rest of the world.

There is only one problem.

This world is the world of that game.

And this guy is a Desmond level threat.

In a way I'm not afraid since there is something that was never revealed in the games only in the forums.

There is material removed from the game which narrates that the black crows were responsible for everything that happened in the capital.

Be it cases of corruption or murder.

Among them was Serge's younger sister.

Apparently she was killed by that guy, the one I killed before entering the academy. He was a major elimination target, but I don't remember his name, that shows how much of a background character he was.

Anyway, Olgren's group had a hand in everything involved with the bad that happened in Serge's life and the others.

But what do you think?

Thanks to me we managed to eliminate much of that darkness.

The three right hands, Yatagarasu, are eliminated.

Two of them are dead and only Olgren is left. I couldn't kill him, but he idiot has no one to back him up after killing Blake.

That would solve the problem of preventing the rebellion, wouldn't it?

Well, someone tell me how I should tell this guy "Hey, you don't need to do anything anymore. I already killed the guy who killed your sister, so don't look to cause an unnecessary revolution or I'll have to kill you for threatening my lifestyle."

There's no way I'm saying that!

"Err, do I have something on my face?"

I've been staring at his face for a few minutes now while remembering everything that happened with him.

It's really annoying to have a guy next to me who can cause a huge problem.

As a guardian in the shadows, I have an obligation to kill him.

But Cid taught me that we can be friends, so let's give him a chance.

"Emm, I'm sorry it's just that I feel like I've seen you before but I don't remember."

I acted confused to make it look like I'm not really suspicious.

Instead, he said to me.

"If so, I think we're both students at the academy, what year are you from?"

"I recently entered senior year, but due to the problem happened about the assassination of His Highness Prince Blake we can't enter yet."

I emphasized Blake heavily hoping that he would blurt out a comment about it.

"In that case, I think you must have seen me last year. This year I already graduated, it wasn't a pretty ceremony."

"I understand."

(Ahhh! My social skills really suck.)

(I thought I could get information from him. It's no use for me to talk to them or my friends when others are different subjects.)

(What should I do?)

"Emm, excuse me."

I was panicking, Serge spoke to me, I said.

"Yes?"

"Just in case, you are Razel. Razel Bartlet?"

"...? Yes. It's me."

"Why do you ask?"

Pointing his finger, I could see he was indicating Lily who was applying a wrestling hold to Eli and was knocking her unconscious.

Eli's soul wanted to leave her body it seemed.

"That girl is no doubt Elize from the Rosenberg Household. I've seen her in the paper. I also remember that a Razel was with her, but I didn't think anything of it."

"I ask because you went in with them, didn't you?"

"Did you see us?"

If he answered yes, this was harassment.

"Yes. But I didn't think anything of it until that girl started screaming."

Yes, this guy is a stalker.

Being a stalker is wrong, it should be outlawed by law.

But this is a one in a million chance.

"I understand, Lily is one of my fiancées. I'm really sorry for the fuss, she doesn't usually behave like this."

He was astonished to hear that I had several fiancées.

"Wow. You have more than one fiancée. That's surprising."

(Gallant bastards like you are always surrounded by girls, so you don't have to begrudge me anything.)

This was a good time to ask him.

"Hehehe, well it certainly was. After all, I have fought twice against two members of the imperial family and win."

The glass in his hand he put it down when he heard that I defeated two members of the imperial family. The ones who are supposed to be invincible.

"May I know who you defeated?"

"Of course. It's no secret, it's their highnesses princes Regulux and Blake."

"Regulux and Blake! Then you..."

"Yes, that's right."

Good, everything is going according to the improvised plan. Come on, give me some information.

◇◇◇

Serge heard Razel say that he was Eli's fiancé, which equals that he will be the next duke.

For Serge, who wanted to change this country, he needed help.

He remembered the reason for coming here.

It was a few weeks ago, he received a letter telling him to come to the coast.

He was working with his father, selling merchandise(information) to one of the countries associated with the United Kingdoms.

It was also one of two representatives.

The first one was the one they dealt with, the Waynez Unified Government, this nation is an agglomeration of nobles, knights, merchants who lost their nations.

One day they were united by an event that changed the world, that's how they called themselves a unified government.

The other was a peculiar country, it was called "Rexzant Overlord Kingdom". The reason for its name is because its king is a man who managed to rise to the throne by force.

Despite this name, the country lives simply and comfortably.

Its influence is smaller, but it is still part of the two representatives of the United Kingdoms that oppose the empire.

Arriving at the place, he met him.

This man was part of the revolutionaries, those affected by Olgren and his perversity.

The man had good composure, his hair was pale gray and his eyes dark red, a small scar near his chin.

The man's name was Linus Arks and several years ago his family was destroyed by the palace, to be exact it was the darkness of the empire.

Serge sat down.

"Hello."

"Enough of this useless greeting. Let's talk about what you came to hear."

"..."

The man exhaled smoke from his cigar.

"You're in."

Serge's heart almost stopped at that.

"Really!"

"Yes. But don't expect to do anything for now, you'll just stick to listening to your father. By the way, I heard Gunter died, was he killed by a nobleman?"

Last year, Serge's best friend and subordinate, Gunter Elgar, was killed by a mysterious man.

That man was Desmond the Demon King.

Serge filed the complaint, the imperial knights didn't do anything since they never found a man with those characteristics.

Actually, some of them did find him and ended up dead.

They didn't want to deal with him even as a joke, so they ignored him hoping he would go away.

Serge looked at the floor before answering.

"I can't guarantee he was a nobleman. I only know that I will not forget his face."

Linus saw him downcast and said.

"I'm sorry about that. But it goes to show you that if the imperial palace didn't do a damn thing, it's because they don't care about you at all."

"You're right."

Serge replied.

Linus handed him a card, on it was written a name. Turning to look at it, Serge mumbled the name.

"Rosenberg?"

"What does the Rosenberg ducal family have to do with it?"

He exhaled again before answering.

"They have defeated two members of the imperial family. That's quite an accomplishment, especially that I heard that future duke was nearly assassinated by the emperor, the funny thing is that emperor despite being mocked to his face didn't something."

"What do you mean?"

Linus looked at him seriously.

"Currently the United Kingdoms are going through an internal problem with a certain country called Estoria."

"Says one of their ambassadors that when the problem is solved. They will manage to unite completely and thus launch a unified attack."

Serge showed an expression of surprise at that revelation.

"That's good, isn't it?"

"Yes. The problem is them."

"The wall protecting the emperor."

"The wall?"

"Yes. Also called the Seven Ducal Families. Although there are now six of them."

"These families are allies of the imperial family. Even if we know the Fitzclarence are hostile to the emperor. They are still beneficiaries like the others."

"For example, the Rosenberg’s came out of the poverty and misery they had for years overnight. don't you find that strange?"

"Yes. But, I heard it was the work of the future duke."

"Bullshit. It's impossible that something like that happened."

"The only thing that's real is the fight between them. My contacts say it was due to an internal problem that was quickly solved."

"They simply wanted to save face for a play."

"Even Prince Blake?"

"It was revealed that it was all Olgren's doing, I doubt very much that he was ever of any use to them."

"Listen well Serge."

Linus was up to date on matters relating to the imperial palace.

The problem was that this information was purposely altered.

Someone made sure that information was revealed to cause a future revolt.

No one knows who it was, but he surely has enormous influence in the palace.

Serge paid attention to what Linus said, every word.

◇◇◇

Turning to look at Razel, he remembered Linus' words.

"Don't trust any of the dukes. Especially the Rosenberg’s, everything about them is suspicious."

"It's possible they're even up to something. If the imperial family falls, they might want to take the crown."

"Historically they were the first to ally with the founding emperor. Sacrificing the Granville household is nothing to take over."

Serge said to Razel after remembering his mission.

"I am sorry. But I must retire, I came to relax a bit, but time's up. I hope it goes well for you."

Serge withdrew after paying.

As he walked out of the place.

He sent a glance at the table where Eli and Lily went to sit after being evicted.

There he could see two very important faces.

The first imperial princess and a sword saint.

This only made Linus' words right.

(You were right Linus-san. The Rosenberg’s are definitely up to something.)

I had just watched Serge leave, knowing that I couldn't get any information, I thought of only one thing while savoring the iced tea the bartender gave me.

(Serge. If we can't be friends, I'll kill you, your father and all those who want to bring revolution.)

(I will not allow anyone to destroy the peace I am achieving. As a guardian in the shadows. I will pulverize even the slightest threat, rest assured, if we cannot be friends, you will die this year.)

____________

Serge art who may be a dead husbando in the future... https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/20874811

7