Snowed in
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was with the Hunters for 3 years now, I was training my physical strength. I can transform into an Aswang any time I want now. My children, Andre and Irwing, both are now 11 years old. Preston was training me day in day out. I want them to be happy, be safe but life always finds a way to fuck everything up.

"Well training is over for today"- Preston looked at me while throwing a towel at me to dry my body

"What sort of training I should do now?"- I asked Preston while he was holding a knife in his hands

"You know now, dodge me!!"- Preston charged with the human speed that I could dodge, I transformed into an Aswang and sure enough Preston's speed was greater now. I tried to dodge and I succeded dodging almost all attacks aside from one that he used his illusions against me

"You are doing great, now we have to train you for the illusions"

"How will you do that Preston?"- I was looking at the punching bag that was made from concrete and I managed to break it with my bare hands.

"I will just follow me"- I followed Preston to his car and we drove to a mountain.

"What now? How will this train me for fighting illusions?"- I asked Preston while opening the door to the mountain house

"Well you just have to stay here, I will come to check on you from time to time. I will evaluate your progress"- Preston puta rifle on the counter and gave me 500 rifle rounds, he also left me a shotgun with 1000 incendiary shells.

"Why would I need this much ammo?"

"Well, Aireen you will have to hunt your food. And bears aren't the only danger"

"You mean other cryptids?"

"Yes Aireen there are other cryptids here and you will have to dodge or kill them"- Preston left the cabin, as I am standing here preparing to look through the house to see how well the house

I looked through the house. I looked in the fridge I found some vegetables and some processed food. I ate a part of the processed food, and I prepared my rifle for hunting. I took 20 extra bullets, as the entire magazine holds 10 bullets.

I had to go outside, I am an Aswang now and I can resist the cold. I want had to go into a clearing and wait for deers to get there. As I waited, I heard a sound in the clearing I could not find the source right away, I could only see the tops of the pine trees moving at high speed. I thought the high winds were at fault but I did not give it much mind. I wanted to ignore it but a deer, a big one at that appeared in the clearing. I am ready to take the shot, I hit him in the brain. I carried the deer to a small warehouse next to the house. I am gutting it there, I threw the guts and organs 4 km from the original location, I can't afford a predator stumbling here. I took the meat in the house and prepared some meat and veggie stew, the same one I used to make my children. I am training here because I want them to have a better future. The stew tasted amazing as always. This is how the first day ended

The second day started normal, the air was cold for humans but not for other supernatural creatures. I slept on the 2nd floor, the bed was comfy, the night was quiet, too quiet but I knew most things won't affect me and I can easily take them down. I was not disturbed to not hear any noise at night. I woke up at 6 AM, on the sky, I saw the northern lights, they were beautiful. I still had deer soup, and the meat didn't spoil since I keep it in the cold wind. I did some cleaning around the house. I don't know why Preston sent me here to help me deal with illusions, I see nothing here that will help me. In the afternoon I had to go outside to chop firewood, I am stronger than even the strongest bodybuilder, I chopped off 2 big pines, cut them and turned them into firewood. When cutting firewood I was hearing a faint voice of a person calling for help, I think that it was Preston and did not fall for it. To be cautious I chopped wood to last me for 6 months, I don't know if the deforestation was good but I think it will last me a long while. The night was the same but this time, I heard a different voice, a very faint one, always calling for help.

Day 3 I had cleaned the house, it was a mess for short. I am glad I did it sooner than later. I decided to rest this time. I was watching TV at a low volume as my Aswang ears can pick on any sound. Soon enough I had heard thumps on my roof and I ignored them as I was continuing to watch TV. In the night the screams were getting louder but still very muffled

Day 4 I had to hunt again as I did consume a whole deer in 4 days. I hunted in the same clearing as I did 3 days ago. The hunt had gone the same. This time not only the tops of the pine trees were moving but a bigger part of them, one top broke, I can see for a second something darting across the pin trees. I repeated the process with the deer, I hunted a second one for good measure as I have a bad feeling about it. I gutted the deers in the same way, I had 20 kg of meat and tons of vegetables from Preston, he dropped them today in the morning. I had made some stew at the electric stove, even if something happened I had firewood stored for months in the house, and I also had food for months in there. Tonight the screams were louder I heard it like a human in pain, I heard them from the clearing, while looking through the window I saw a human hunched over a deer, eating it raw, I knew that wasn't normal, I knew what that thing was, it was a Wendigo, now I know why Preston sent me here to train for the Illusion resistance as I know Wendigo can mimic voices and they can run fast, and now I know why he left me that much ammo, I have to kill it and fast, I will do it at the day when it is the least active.

Day 5 I had woke up and eaten my stew. I got the shotgun and loaded it with incendiary rounds as I was making my way to the clearing I was looking at the tops of pine trees because I knew there it was where it hid, I tried to find it but did not succeed, and then I looked lower and sure enough, it was starring at me, I transformed in an Aswang and I scratched him almost tearing one of his arms off, I readied the shotgun and fired at it, I knew it will take a lot more to take this one out, it managed to wound me quite a few times but it did not kill me, I reloaded and fired at it, when it was weakened I approached it and tore it's head off, Wendigo limbs and torso burn for a long time with good amounts of heat, Preston told me that if you burn the body it will melt alongside its heart, I dragged the body back to the cabin and stuffed it in the fire. In the night I could hear snow coming down, a fucking avalanche you gotta be serious!

Day 6 I had looked at the window and I was snowed in. I could not shovel all the snow I decided to see if the TV work and sure enough it did work. I was happy about it. I am now hearing voices from all over me, Aswangs are immune to Wendigo psychosis and fever does not affect Aswangs or any Vampire or skinwalkers. I was hearing mimicked voices of my children from all over the place. I could not bear hearing them but I ignored them. I know that Preston wants me to be ignorant and self-aware at the same time, I got the motivation to shovel up the snow and now the door was open. I am at the door while a Wendigos I did not kill was at the door waiting for me, one of them jumped me, I was able to get out of the house, I was now at the front door.

"You passed, now let me deal with these 4"- Preston put a hand on my shoulder

"Green Flames!!"- Preston close his right eyes, green flames seemed to form where he looked at, mostly at the Wendigos and they were burned to nothingness

"Well you stocked my house up pretty good, thanks"- Preston looked through it while eating some leftover stew

"For nothing"

"Now your children will go to high school, Sophmore, you got to get them into a school you know"

"I know I will do that next week"

"As you wish Aireen, just enjoy your life, it will get a lot easier with money now"

Andre and Irwin, I don't know how fast the years passed but I only want to see them happy at any cost, I will take any risk as their mother.

0