Chapter 18 – Rena vs Roma
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Eliminate him, Rena Koboko.”

 

The voice of Rena’s relative, the Director of the school echoed out to her, telling her to do something unspeakable. In a state of rage after the day’s events, Rena indulged in her feelings, in his words, and lunged for Roma.

 

No one and nothing else existed in the world but the two of them at this very moment. 

 

With narrowed eyes, Roma swung out his leg, kicking her in her already injured thigh, fully aware that he needed to protect himself from her, especially in a state like this. Following, he struggled, but managed to come to his feet, getting into another stance while Rena came to terms with what just happened.

 

Roma kicked her. He kicked her, in her injured leg no less. Those golden eyes flared in anger yet again, and blood began to cascade from where the stab was previously. She soon made it back to her feet, and grabbed Roma by the collar again, throwing him to the floor, and mounting him again afterwards. From there, she smashed the back of his head into the floor under them a number of times over, or at least until there was a dazed look in his eyes.

 

When it seemed like he was finally dazed, she turned her attention away, looking towards the Doctor who refused to get involved with their fight, only lighting up another cigarette in silence… But that lapse proved foolish.

 

Since she wasn’t looking, he used his core, and swung his upper body upwards, crashing his forehead into her chin, and effectively busting her lip. The shock itself was enough to make her instinctively roll off of him and regroup, thus giving the brunette an opportunity to do the same. 

 

Again, the adrenaline of being in a fight was starting to kick in as well, and Roma was already technically a hand down with it being casted. There was no guarantee that if he were to try another punch, it wouldn’t get casted as well. 

 

But to that end, the fight was never his idea in the first place. He scoffed a little and shook his head, crawling back to his feet with a grimace, while Rena held her bloody lip, and also showed hesitance to come leaping back onto her injured leg. Either that, or a sense ot burnout was hitting her as well, though with her spunk, that was a bit hard to even believe as a possibility,

 

Decisions, decisions. 

 

With a huff, Roma reached behind himself, and took one of the bed’s pillows, throwing it at her, with a decent amount of intent behind it. A lot of the prospective guilt he would’ve felt wasn’t at play though. After all, Rena wasn’t herself right now, or at least that’s what he’d been telling himself to justify his own reactions.

 

Sighing, he slowly approached her, hand pressed to his own stomach, and then crouched, resting his hand on her thigh in the most harmless fashion that he could, wordlessly prompting a request for them to stop.

 

“...Stupid.” He muttered… acknowledging how much they looked like savages right now.

 

…and unfortunately, the sentiment wasn’t mirrored.

 

Roma felt his wrist quickly taken by Rena, and twisted at a very awkward angle, almost until it broke. And while the deflated brunette was wincing in pain, she showed her flexibility, raising her leg, and crashing her foot into the side of his head.

 

The flush impact had him dazed yet again, and this time he toppled straight over without any resistance, a far out look in his eyes while he fought for consciousness. That gave Rena yet another opportunity, and the rage she felt returned. Her eyes scanned the room, in search of something sharp, something that would put this fucker out his misery. 

 

That’s when it caught her glowing eyes - a syringe. She swiftly grabbed it and turned back around, knowing the exact place in the neck that she needed to stab to end it all.

 

With Roma still in a vulnerable position, she crawled over and atop of him for the third time, though this time around, she pinned his arms to the ground with her knees, readying the syringe… only for him to spit blood in her face.

 

The result of her stiff kick, and the bashing he received earlier, rested on her face, dripping down her face in a warm, crimson color. Roma lied there, not even aware of what she had, or what she was planning. He just knew that as long as he was breathing, he could oppose her, he could preserve his life.

 

…at least, prior to this position.

 

She grabbed his head, and with a roar that echoed throughout the room, slammed it onto the floor yet again. This time, it killed any hopes of a comeback from the brunette- he was gassed, and frankly outclassed as well.

 

Finally, with him staying put, she took the syringe in her hands, and raised it high into the air. Those golden eyes looked down at Roma in a rage…and then her hands swung downwards, intending to stab him dead in his carotid artery.

 

…only for her hands to freeze. Her arms shook.. Like she was being held back, and looked down at Roma, right in his eyes.

 

And what she saw.. Was a  smile. At the brink of death, Arthur Roma smiled, not an ounce of fear in his own autumn colored eyes. At that point, he shifted a bit, though it almost looked as though he exposed a bit more of his neck to her, still wearing the exact same expression.

 

“...you make fun of Yuuta for liking knife-play, and look at you now.” He couldn’t help but point out the irony, accompanying it with a very weak chuckle. Realistically speaking, he was completely aware of his positioning, and namely, the fact that he was about to get hurt.. Potentially to the point of death.

 

But, he knew to take it on the chin. It was better that Rena took out her frustrations on him, than some poor bastard who didn’t deserve it, and just came across her on the wrong day. He was fearful. He was frightened. And if his mouth wasn’t bloodied, and his arms pinned to the floor, he’d be shaking.

 

But, he smiled. He smiled happily towards the person he could call his best friend, and the person he trusted the most at the academy.

 

And at the sight, Rena Koboko froze.

 

This… was who she was now? Who she was before the streets?... Who was she before all of this? And who was she… now?..

 

She found herself swinging down the syringe anyway… though it impaled her thigh instead. The pain allowed her to return to normal, or at least what the others recognized as normal, before she slumped over atop of Roma, eyes still wide.

 

“...Sorry… I… Sorry… sorry… sorry…” She repeated over and over, tears steadily streaming down her cheeks while her eyes finally dulled in their color again. Thankfully, she felt two arms start to wrap around her frame, and hold her close from below. Now that the adrenaline in his body had pretty much worn off completely, the fatigue he felt was drastically worse than before - as was his soreness. The brunette slowly turned, and spat out another mouthful of blood, sighing weakly afterwards,

 

“Srupid…”

 

“I didn’t mean to,” Rena tearfully pleaded her case, “I just got really angry about everything, and something just snapped, and I- I just…” She shook her head, and bit her tongue. All the energy left her at once, leaving her too tired to even talk.

 

The moment lasted a good while. After a few minutes, Rena managed to quit sobbing, simply lying in Roma’s arms, with the both of them trying to recover after the brawl. The brunette exhaled loudly, and followed it by coughing a few times. Finally, he looked up at her, and gently pushed on her hips, “Alright, time to get up.” He muttered, something that Rena obliged to rather quickly.

 

She rolled off of him and lay on the floor, curling into a ball afterwards, a dead look in her eyes, “I want to die pleeease… or at least sedated again or something..”

 

“Then sit in the chair.” Doctor Light finally spoke. Again, he sat and watched the entire display in silence. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to stop it… it was just that he realized that truthfully, there was nothing he could do to keep it from happening.

 

She slowly did so, getting off of the floor, and returning to the bed she was at prior to all of this. “If you do anything to me while I’m asleep, I will rip your eyes out..” She warned, shooting him a look through bloodshot eyes.

 

At that point, he opened his drawer, reached in, and slowly pulled out a loaded revolver, shooting her a look, “Trust me, if I wanted to kill you, I could’ve multiple times over. Shut the hell up and relax already, alright?” Light found her animalistic mentality to be an annoyance, but since she was Arthur’s pal, he’d just shut up and deal with it.

 

It didn’t exactly phase her though, rolling her eyes, “Oh please, I’ve been there and done that. Guns don’t scare me.” She told him nonchalantly, glancing from the doctor, to Roma who was slowly coming to his feet, and then back to the doctor again, watching as he brought over the mask.

 

“Guess this is goodnight, rival.” Roma muttered, looking up at them from the floor. A small smile was on his bloody face, and he gave her a nod, only for her to return it in kind.

 

“G… Goodnight. Stupidhead.” She replied, her eyes glowing ever-so slightly while she began to smirk. From there on, the anesthetic mask was lowered, and within a number of moments, Rema was fast asleep.

 

…But unfortunately, it worked too well. That was because when her eyes next opened, it was the following day.

The day of judgment.

0