Secondary Level up & an ability to see? | Chapter: 5
142 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Continuing to count, Lucy finds it much quicker, and is having an easier time, while counting thanks to the skill [Mental calculation advanced LV 1].

While this was happening, [Physical defense LV 7] continued leveling up, because the defence value is higher than the attack value, albeit slower than before, Lucy still takes pride in being impervious to the attack.


[Ding- Mental calculation advanced LV 2]

[Ding- Mental calculation advanced LV 3]

[Ding- Mental resistance advanced LV 2]

[Ding- Physical defense LV 8]

[Ding- Physical defense LV 9]

[Ding- Health recovery LV 2]


Three hours later, Lucy recovered 90 health points.

Pulling up her status, Lucy stares blankly at the transparent screen.


[Name: N/A

Gender: N/A

Age: 4 hour(s)

Race: living shield

Level: 2

Health: 107 of 120

Mana: 10 of 18

Skills: Physical defense LV 9, Mental calculation advanced LV 3, Mental resistance advanced LV 2, Pain resistance LV 2, Health recovery LV 2

Titles: Fight at death's door]


After about a day, Lucy feels like she is not making any more progress, until a new notification appears.


[Ding- level up]

[Gained additional skill sight LV 1]


Feeling assaulted by the new texture of color, Lucy denies her new reality. Developing a sense that she enjoys this new world, she has yet to see what happened to her previously. So, while Lucy is skeptical, she is rather quite happy. Still unable to see in colour, though, she is sure that as the skill levels up she will be able to see much better than she is able to currently. Enveloped by this new feeling, she excitedly looks for familiar things. Disappointed when she cannot find anything, but a somber reality of black, and grey.


With this new skill, Lucy quickly develops a schedule, looking on into the dark colours in her vision, and feeling a sense of nihilism. When she sees darker greys she decides that it's night, and she thinks of macabre ideas during this period of time. While counting, and recounting the ideas in her mind when she sees lighter colours indicating that it is day.


While still training physically without her consent, she sees a repeat of notifications indicating that she is being attacked, bringing her to reflect on the incident a day ago. However, she reminds herself that she is not being harmed anymore, and is impervious to the attacks. Now noting this fact, she laughs, and ignores the repeating notifications. However, when the notifications stop, she looks at the panel, and notices something peculiar. Her Health points actually dropped. Lucy immediately tries to find why she was harmed, when she shouldn't have been. Looking into the black and grey void that is her vision, she looks at herself, distraught that she really has become a shield! That's not the most worrisome part, though. Her new shield body has a deep fissure which her Health recovery cannot fix...

 

Enjoy this shorter chapter, I might end up editing this one to make it longer but, I don't know if I really feel like continuing this little project, sadly. I really want to improve my writing skills, and allow the reader to have a genuine, quality experience!

6