Chapter 45 – Bio Ship
318 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in the lab within the council buildings, two individuals could be made out, Spencer and Bey'on. Bey'on was currently staring blankly at Spencer, as he was currently no longer in his martian form, but returned to his original state of being since the beginning. His astonishingly muscular physique with his platinum hair and purple eyes, he stood before Bey'on.

"My real name is Spencer, and I am not from this planet. I came here to learn what I could from your people and I have done so rather quickly. I have decided to show you my true self. I found no further need to hide it."

Crouching back down in front of Bey'on, Spencer looked at her facial expression and began to gauge her reaction to this new information. Her face was quite distraught as she looked upon him, slowly backing away from him until she could not back away any further. Seeing that she could not retreat any further, Bey'on bounced from the floor and attempted to run from the lab, sprinting to the doors to escape and tell the council.

But, before she could reach the exit of the lab, Spencer flickered and appeared in front of her in the middle of her attempt of escaping. She abruptly collided with his chest and was repelled back to the floor of the lab, she looked up at Spencer in fear of him.

She used her mind to send the chair that was at her desk flying towards him, but he simply dodged it and observed her.

"W-What are you going to do to me? What are you going to do now that you have what you came for?"

She spoke out in total fear of Spencer's intentions, still looking for an opening to attempt another escape. Spencer watching how frantic she was becoming, decided to give some form of reassurance.

"Calm down, if I wanted you all dead, I would have done so a long time ago. Just relax, will ya?"

Bey'on looked at Spencer with complete suspicion, beginning to question all of the things he had done so far.

"That's why you built that weapon you used in the rebellion! You need to build our trust before you take us out!"

Caressing his forehead hard in exasperation and sighing, Spencer psychically pulled the chair that was at his desk closer to him and sat down.

"Really? Come on, you are much smarter than this… Stop being a nuisance and get up."

Bey'on remained cautious of him, but she eventually got up and just looked at him. Spencer seeing that she finally decided to get off of the floor, retrieved the other chair that she threw at him from the side of the room, and indicated for her to sit, which she did reluctantly.

"What are you?"

Bey'on questioned Spencer in a stern tone, staring at him in an attempt to pressure him to answer her. It looked to have worked.

"Just some simple entity visiting planets to gather knowledge for a higher cause."

Seeing the smile that Spencer put on when answering her question, Bey'on could see that his response was not helpful in the least. She knew that's as much as she was going to get from him on the matter. She brushed it aside and questioned him again on something she found to be more important.

"What exactly is that 'higher cause'?"

Without wasting time, he casually responded.

"Reaching the peak of all creation."

Spencer's words held not a hint of hesitation or doubt when stating his goal to Bey'on. She was left stunned at what she had just heard, how ambitious such a goal was, and the implications of achieving something like that.

"You must be joking!"

Bey'on spoke in an almost chuckling manner, much to Spencer's irritation.

"Seeing as nothing on the face of this planet and many others can hurt me, I would say that's not a laughing matter."

Although he was slightly offended, he did not take it to heart. He only stated how harmless they are to him. Bey'on, on the other hand, took offense to his words, as she had seen it as him disregarding her abilities as a weapons scientist working under the council.

"That's a rather bold statement."

Spencer simply shrugged his shoulders and insipidly responded.

"That's just how it appears from all that I have seen so far. Anyway, I won't be here for much longer."

Changing back into his green martian form to the confusion of Bey'on, Spencer spun in his chair and began to move back to his desk while spinning. When finally reaching his desk, he stopped and turned in her direction.

"I'm done talking for now. If you wish to run to the council and tell them about me, go ahead, I won't stop you. However, I won't be responsible for what comes after."

Saying his final statement, Spencer turned around and returned to his work, paying no more attention to Bey'on or the Martians.

Another week has silently passed on Mars since the day Spencer revealed himself to Bey'on in his original form. Strangely enough, and contrary to Spencer's initial thoughts, she did not go to the council to expose him, but since then, the two did not converse with each other in any way. Instead, she has been constantly at work in her section of the lab, going for hours on end without rest as she delved deeper into her work.

Spencer was currently placing all of his focus on another project of his that he thought to be mandatory. A project that would allow him to traverse the universe in a much more straightforward manner, removing the need for him to spend months staring at stars when moving from planet to planet.

He was not in the lab alongside Bey'on, instead, he had taken all of his creations and blueprints, and moved them into a large hangar-like facility given to him by the council. It was located a few kilometers to the left of the council building. Within that facility, two silhouettes could be seen working on a heavily upgraded and modified Martian bio-ship two times the size of a normal model. The outer shell of the ship was a radiant black, while it was also sporting the occasional aesthetically pleasing yellow line that would flow along its surface.

The first of the two was currently in the process of typing on a holographic keyboard projected from a watch like structure from his left wrist. His fingers flickered as they rapidly entered the stream of encryptions and code within the main systems of the ship. Whilst this was occurring, the second figure was operating on an open circuit board on the opposite side of the ship.

"Hex! How is it going over there?" Spencer, who was swiftly encoding the ship, called out to the second figure.

"[The ship's systems are working at maximum capacity. No errors were found in the programming.]"

"Okay then, continue then."

The Hex AI that resided in Spencer's arm cuff had separated from him and was currently inhabiting the form of the phantom modular armor while moving independently from him, fixing any potential outliers in the programming of the ship that Spencer would decide to ignore. With HEX holding the data of the highest updated forms of the MArtian's technology, it was able to function as a suitable helper with his creations.

Removing the holographic keyboard projector from his wrist and placing it on the tool table beside him, Spencer walked up to the bio-ship and placed his hand on its pure black surface. The area where he was touching lit up and began to scan his hand, upon doing so, the ship began to change in shape.

The head of the ship extended out and separated into two identical wings. As the back grew into two engines connected by an arc, taking the appearance of a futuristic fighter ship (AN: For visuals, search for: "Nivellian fighter ship, Tobias Frank"). Once the changes took place in a few seconds, Spencer slowly removed his hand as the side of the ship opened and created a platform whilst also revealing the interior.

Entering the ship, the main control chair greeted her surrounding by a cluster of blinking lights. Walking over to the chair and sitting down, he placed his hands on the two orbs that protruded from the side. Immediately, the inside of the ship lit up as screens appeared before him relaying the status of the ship and all of its functions. The front side of the ship became a thick see-through mirror, allowing for him to see the outside, whilst screens rested at the edges of the mirror allowing him to see from the other angles of the ship.

"Okay, everything seems to be operating well."

Initiating the ship's flight programming, it began to resonate softly. The bottom started to glow as it began to gravitate off the ground and float to the top of the hangar. When it eventually reached as high as it was allowed to in the limited space, Spencer called out to Hex.

"Hex, open the doors please."

The ceiling of the facility immediately opened and released the bio-ship to the outside. Upon it being released, Spencer gently guided the front of the ship to face the sky of the planet. Clutching unto the two control orbs in his hands, pulling them both back, he was about to push them forward to initiate the warp system. But he stopped himself.

"Oh boy, I'm tempted… but, I'll save the testing for later."

Spencer turned the ship back around and returned within the facility. As he landed, he exited the bio-ship and prompted it to return to its passive state. He patted its outer shell and walked over to the workbench holding his blueprints, picking all of them up, he brought them over to Hex.

"Hex, upload these onto the weapons folder for me."

He left the blueprints in the arms of Hex and walked to the existing doors of the facility. Opening the door and walking out, Spencer was immediately met with someone he was not expecting to approach him in a few lifetimes.

"Take me with you!" - Bey'on stood in front of him with a serious look on her face.

Spencer raised an eyebrow and scratched his head for a moment.

"Why would I do that? More importantly, when did you even get here?"

Spencer answered her request with questions of his own, he strangely looked at her, but she ultimately responded.

"I could be your assistant, help you with your projects!"

In response to her statement, Spencer simply pointed his thumb over his shoulder towards Hex who was currently scanning the blueprints.

"Already have one. Why do you want to come with me  is the question."

Bey'on was hesitant to respond to his question, as the two stood there awkwardly, but she soon gave in.

"When I first met you, you knew nothing, not even the simplest of concepts. But in only a few weeks, you learned and improved upon everything I have learned over six cycles. You have surpassed me, and I wish to go with you, as I can foresee no end to the knowledge from other worlds ahead of you."

Spencer could understand where she was coming from with her reason for joining him, but he was still reluctant to bring her.

"I can understand your reason, but I don't think me having another person with me is going to help much…"

Spencer began to turn around and return to the facility until Bey'on called out to him.

"I-I'll do anything! I can give you a map! Just take me with you!"

He immediately turned around and looked at her.

"You remind me of a certain child so badly! What kind of map are you on about?"

Seeing that she got his attention, she quickly continued talking.

"Before leaving the planet was strictly monitored by the council, a map of the visited systems were recorded. I secretly recorded a model of it and stored it on the computer in my lab."

'This is way too convenient that it smells…' he smirked, to himself, then equipping a neutral smile, he responded.

"Hmm… Alright, seeing as I might need this said map, maybe I'll consider it."

Bey'on's face was unchanging, but Spencer could feel the enthusiasm radiating from her when he said that last part, causing him to be even more reminded of who he left on Earth.

"Just hurry up. I'm not spending much longer here, just what I have to."

 

=====

For early access to future chapters (in work ones as well, as well as bonus, exclusive content to all my current and future works, please consider visiting my Patreon).

Benefits include (but are not limited to): 

>> Read up to MORE THAN 20 chapters ahead of the curve! (All the way to Chapter 90/91, which is still in the making!)

>> Extra bonus material, side content, side chapters!

>> Nifty PDF format for each chapter/complete volume

>> Compiled E-Book when a volume is completed!

>> Write your story/character idea and have it featured (more details on Patreon)!

10