Chapter 50 – The Elder
278 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After healing her two companions and placing them down beside her, Spencer and Shaya had spent roughly 10 minutes speaking to each other. Spencer explained why he came to this planet in the first place, with the addition of some lies to keep her from attacking him again. As he told her information on him, Spencer had also requested information on the structure of this place. As he spoke to her in the real world, he scanned her mind for any potential secrets that he could exploit by knowing.

Their conversation was coming to an end, as Spencer had already gathered all he needed from her mind.

"Thank you for your time." He spoke with a gentle smile on his face.

Ending the conversation and standing up from the ground, Spencer extended his hand to help Shaya get to her feet as well. Taking his hand and getting up, Shaya stood before him and looked at the strange man for a moment before turning her attention towards Tarro and Ginge. She examined their bodies one last time to check. Only when she confirmed that they are fine, did she finally let out a relieved sigh. As she was about to place Tarro over her shoulder, she was suddenly startled by her name being called from the distance.

"Shaya!!"

Dashing through the streets of the city and into the area where they all were, a squad of people dressed in the same attire as Tarro, Ginge, and Shaya rushed closer towards them. The person at the head of the group who called out to Shaya looked to be a female that was roughly the same height as her whilst being smaller than her in some aspects. The group ran up to them and formed a circle to contain them.

Once the circle was fully formed and secured, the female that led the group spoke out in an almost worried tone.

"Shaya, what happened here? Are those two alright?!"

Shaya hearing the new arrival did not answer immediately, but picked up Ginge and placed him over her shoulder alongside Tarro. After making sure they were secure on her shoulders, she glanced over to Spencer who was currently standing and observing the situation before bringing her gaze to the person who spoke to her.

"We came in contact with an intruder who managed to get past the barrier. We engaged it like the many others and found that it held intelligence. We thought that we could incapacitate it and bring it to the specialists for further study, but all of our tactics proved ineffective and we were badly beaten. Cassa, we must report to the elders, do not engage!"

The female revealed to be named Cassa looked baffled at what she had just heard, but she quickly regained her composure and focused all of her attention on Spencer. Hearing that Shaya, the prodigy of their people could not manage an intruder caught her and the people around her off guard.

"We can't just bring an intruder to the elders without making sure that they are of absolutely no threat, Shaya! Seeing as to how Tarro and Ginge are currently unconscious, we should bring them to the healing facility!"

Shaya shook her head and responded.

"For now, they will be fine. We need to make sure… that Spencer here doesn't cause any more damage. He said he needs something from us before he leaves."

As she finished explaining what they should do next, she began walking towards the city with Ginge and Tarro over her shoulders, the circle opening and letting her through. Spencer seeing that she was leaving began to walk behind her to wherever she was going, leaving the group around them confused as to what they should do.

"Just let them through, Shaya is of a higher authority than I am, we can only trust her judgment for now..."

Cassa spoke in a rather uncertain tone as she watched the back of Shaya and Spencer heading towards the city. She and her group could only follow behind and wait for further instruction.

---

Spencer and Shaya had been walking for roughly 30 minutes ever since they left the small area they fought. Behind them were the rest of the group that had arrived at the end of the conflict. Due to how long they had been walking, Spencer had gotten bored and was currently fidgeting with his arm cuff. While he was doing this, he would often sense an ominous glare scorching his back from this Cassa character, but he simply continued to act oblivious to her. Soon enough, the group had finally arrived at a large generously decorated gate dividing the outer city from whatever was inside.

The first to walk up to the gate was Shaya, placing her two unconscious companions on the ground next to her and approached the gate. As she was in front of it, a robotic eye-like construct appeared through an opening in the gate, prompting Shaya to walk forward, allowing the eye to scan her face as she spoke.

"Shaya Brassard, Rank 6 champion of the Fashacalli."

After Shaya had spoken her full name and rank, the robotic eye buzzed and quickly retreated into the wall whilst causing the gate to open. Now that she had done what she needed to get the gate open, Shaya picked up her companions and continued walking. When she passed the gate, she was immediately greeted by another group of people, but this group differed from the one that was currently following them. These people wore vastly different attire, clothing looking to be more geared towards defensive combat rather than offensive.

Shaya tossed her companions towards the new group and instructed them to carry Tarro and Ginge to the healing facility until they woke up. After doing so she brought the rest of the group a large field of some sort surrounded by walls made of some unknown material, instructing the rest of them to leave, except for Cassa. Once the other members had left, Shaya turned to Spencer and gave him a stern look as she began to speak to him as well.

"Wait here! Cassa, you will watch him until I return."

As she said that, she began walking to the exit, but as she passed by Cassa, she placed her hand on her shoulder and whispered to her.

"Be careful, don't do anything rash..."

After relaying her warning, Shaya exited the field, leaving Cassa and Spencer by themselves on the field.

Switching to Shaya's perspective as she left the combat field, she was currently engulfed in an extreme level of worry for leaving Cassa behind with that monster, but she needed someone to keep Spencer distracted while she got the elders. Even though she doubted that he would hurt her unless provoked based on her experience with him when they attacked him, she was still worried by what he was capable of.

Entering her primal warrior state, her body flashed a golden hue as she vanished from her spot and launched herself in the direction of the Elder's temple, tearing through the air as she pushed herself to go faster than she normally would reach her destination. Moving at her top speed for the entire trip, and in just a few seconds she was there.

Halting her flight path and diving down back to the ground, Shaya quickly arrived before a massive building that vaguely resembled a temple, crowded with warriors as guards. Landing at the top of the stairs and running to the doors, Shaya quickly forced them open and yelled out.

"I must speak to the elder!"

Shaya's voice echoed throughout the walls of the building, shaking its structure whilst alerting the guards. As she shouted, Shaya ran into the temple up to something akin to an altar. On it, one large figure was sitting. This figure looked vastly different from the rest of the population of this place.

When looking at the entity on the altar, the differences were extremely pronounced, the generally common patterns that laid on the bodies of the rest of the population were not present on this one, instead, the entirety of its body glowed in an elegant white hue. Its tail was longer than the others and carried a completely black color, much different from the normal brown shade that the rest had. The largest and most intimidating difference between this entity was the piercing glow of its pupil-less eyes.

When Shaya reached the altar, she was immediately kneeled before them to show her respects.

"Elders, an intruder going by the alias Spencer has breached the barrier. He has proven too much for us to handle. He claims to pose no threat, but we do not know for sure."

Stating her cause for intruding on the Elder's meditation, Shaya continued to kneel as she waited for a response from the being in front of her. The altar remained silent as she waited for some time, but soon enough, the entity in front of her began to hover and turn around to face her. Unfolding its legs and planting its feet on the ground, the being signaled for her to rise before speaking.

"B͓̽r͓̽i͓̽n͓̽g͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽S͓̽p͓̽e͓̽n͓̽c͓̽e͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽a͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽p͓̽e͓̽a͓̽k͓̽ ͓̽o͓̽f͓̽.͓̽"

The voice of the Elder rang out as a mighty wave as he spoke, placing an overbearing pressure on Shaya, but she did as she was told, quickly turning around and exiting the temple with the Elder behind her.

Presently switching over to the perspective of Cassa, currently standing alert and confused due to the current actions of the thing she was told to watch. In her view of things, it has just been sitting there with its legs crossed since Shaya had left, relatively inactive and docile. Seeing this made her question how something like this could have given Shaya a hard time, making her eager to test it for herself.

Walking up behind it, Cassa pointed her finger towards it and channeled her focus onto the tip of her index finger that continued to grow in size until it was as big as a tennis ball. Glaring coldly, she was about to attack it when she was suddenly stopped by someone calling her name.

"Cassa stop!!"

The person to call out to her was shown to be Shaya as she quickly ran through the entrance of the combat field in order to stop Cassa from what she was about to do. Hearing Shaya, Cassa abruptly turned around whilst canceling the ball of energy she had at her fingertip. Feeling as if she had missed a chance, Cassa was slightly agitated, but she made her way over to Shaya in a hurry.

"Why did you stop me Shaya, he was vulnerable!"

Cassa was annoyed by Shaya stopping her. In her mind, she believed that she could have easily taken care of this creature and prove herself. What she didn't expect was to receive a slap across the face by Shaya as soon as she was close enough to her. For a moment after the slap, Cassa was stunned, but she soon came back to reality and was promptly engulfed in anger.

"Why did you hit me!!"

Shaya did not answer her, just looked up at the sky with fear clearly shown in her eyes. Cassa

was angered, but she was still able to see that Shaya was scared, so she promptly followed her line of sight, and what she saw made her fall back in fear.

Above the area where she stood before, dozens of energy spear constructs floated in the air above her head, ready to impale her if she had decided to continue with her attack.

"H-How could I not sense them, there are so many!"

Cassa's words were a bit shaky as she spoke in complete fear whilst she bore witness to what could have happened to her if she had decided to go through with her plan.

Returning to Spencer, who casually dissipated all of his energy spears, stood up and looked in their direction.

"You must be the Elder, Shaya has been thinking of bringing you to deal with me from the moment I beat her and her friends. It's nice to finally meet you!"

Spencer gave a slight bow as he spoke about how he had already known about Shaya's plan to bring the elder to get rid of him. He was curious, so he decided to let her go and get him to see if the wait was worth it.

"S͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽'͓̽S͓̽p͓̽e͓̽n͓̽c͓̽e͓̽r͓̽'͓̽ ͓̽S͓̽h͓̽a͓̽y͓̽a͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽d͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽r͓̽o͓̽u͓̽g͓̽h͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽t͓̽t͓̽e͓̽n͓̽t͓̽i͓̽o͓̽n͓̽…͓̽ ͓̽S͓̽t͓̽r͓̽a͓̽n͓̽g͓̽e͓̽l͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽e͓̽n͓̽o͓̽u͓̽g͓̽h͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽I͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽a͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽e͓̽n͓̽s͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽a͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽o͓̽d͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽e͓̽x͓̽u͓̽d͓̽e͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽i͓̽m͓̽m͓̽e͓̽n͓̽s͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽o͓̽w͓̽e͓̽r͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽u͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽I͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽a͓̽n͓̽n͓̽o͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽e͓̽e͓̽m͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽g͓̽e͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽ ͓̽g͓̽r͓̽a͓̽s͓̽p͓̽ ͓̽o͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽e͓̽n͓̽e͓̽r͓̽g͓̽y͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽Y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽i͓̽n͓̽d͓̽e͓̽e͓̽d͓̽ ͓̽n͓̽o͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽f͓̽r͓̽o͓̽m͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽l͓̽a͓̽n͓̽e͓̽t͓̽.͓̽"

Cassa and Shaya hearing the Elder speak was still a challenge, but the words he spoke shocked them greatly. For the Elder to admit someone was powerful was not an easy feat to achieve by any being on this planet. The Elder slowly walked closer until he had arrived before Spencer, standing there and examining him before he decided what to do.

"W͓̽h͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽v͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽o͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽e͓̽r͓̽e͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽S͓̽p͓̽e͓̽n͓̽c͓̽e͓̽r͓̽?͓̽"

Hearing the question, Spencer quickly responded.

"I came here to see what this planet has to offer. I have to say, so far, I am not impressed."

The Elder could feel the arrogance from the way Spencer spoke, but he simply ignored it and retorted.

"I͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽a͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽g͓̽u͓̽a͓̽r͓̽a͓̽n͓̽t͓̽e͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽a͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽o͓̽u͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽e͓̽o͓̽p͓̽l͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽v͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽a͓̽n͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽r͓̽e͓̽a͓̽s͓̽u͓̽r͓̽e͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽a͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽r͓̽i͓̽c͓̽e͓̽l͓̽e͓̽s͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽i͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽i͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽v͓̽a͓̽l͓̽u͓̽e͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽H͓̽o͓̽w͓̽e͓̽v͓̽e͓̽r͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽i͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽o͓̽r͓̽d͓̽e͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽e͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽s͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽r͓̽e͓̽a͓̽s͓̽u͓̽r͓̽e͓̽s͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽u͓̽s͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽f͓̽i͓̽r͓̽s͓̽t͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽P͓̽R͓̽O͓̽V͓̽E͓̽ ͓̽Y͓̽O͓̽U͓̽R͓̽S͓̽E͓̽L͓̽F͓̽!͓̽"

The last words of the Elder rang out with power as he swiftly vanished into a blur, quickly followed by the ring of a deafening explosion.

 

=====

For early access to upcoming future chapters (work-in-progress ones as well, as well as a bonusexclusive content to all my current and future works, please consider visiting my Patreon).

Benefits include (but are not limited to): 

>> Read up to 20 chapters ahead of the curve (All the way to Chapter 92, which is still in the making!) 

>> Extra bonus material, side content, side chapters WITH ILLUSTRATIONS!

>> Nifty PDF format for each chapter/complete volume

>> Compiled E-Book when a volume is completed!

>> Write your story/character idea and have it featured (more details on Patreon)!

 

Your support is what would allow me to be able to pursue this avenue to be a better writer/author and provide even more content!

8