Chapter 6 (Part 4)
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left the village, running after Fennyx who had apparently smelled a water stream nearby, or heard. Well, it was imminent that water stream would be here, considering huge snow mountain behind.

“Ahh! There it is.” I exclaimed as I saw the clear water stream running across a forest. I threw off my cloak and dived into the water following behind Fennyx. The stream went further into the forest as I traced it down my eyes.

Now that we were rinsed out, Fennyx shook himself to dry, while I used the cloak to soak my hair and wipe my face. I left my clothes dripping, knowing they’ll dry off eventually.

We didn’t further venture into the forest. It seemed a little too dangerous to move around in such dense woods at this dark night.

I hadn’t realized this earlier, but we had covered quite a distance. The mountains were no longer visible and there were city lights gleaming ahead.

“It’s a town.” I fathomed as we followed the trail of the lights. We ran towards to the entrance, which adding up to our fatigue, appeared to be on the opposite side. The town was encircled in huge walls that even a ten feet tall giant may find challenging to climb.

But the tall barricade gradually declined as we reached the other side of the town. A huge door, about meters wide and 8 feet tall, blocked us from entering inside.

There was a small door in the middle of the right door, closed. I went over there and knocked it twice, gesturing Fennyx with my hand to get into my shadow. The slider peephole opened up with a pair of eyes assessing me till it finally said in a heavy voice, “No visitors allowed at this hour.” And he closed the slid.

“Hey! At least listen to me.”

I was originally planning to have this in part 3 but then this chapter would've been one part short. And the next part really needed to be part of new chapter. But now there's dilemma that next chapter has 6 parts.

1