Chapter 7 (Part 3)
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fwoooo! Finally.” I sighed quietly as I was escaping the soldier barracks. I was standing under the window I had just jumped, “Oh god! He just won’t go to sleep.” The soldier had offered me the empty bed in his room and was sitting there keeping a watch on me. I had to cast a sleep spell to make him unconscious and escape.

‘*grrr’

My stomach growled as I had not eaten anything since the day. Fennyx came out from my shadow and stretched its back like a cat. “Woof!” He had barked a little too loud

“Shhhhh!” Afraid that he’ll wake someone up, I tried to shush him. “Be quiet. I know you’re hungry.”

“Who’s there?” A guard, patrolling nearby, shouted.

We sneakily moved to a dark alley, hiding in the shadows and closed our eyelids so that it doesn’t reflect the slightest of light.

“Haaa!” We had fooled the guard and he moved on to his patrolling.

We moved outside the dark alley and started walking in search of a place serving food. As I walked, I noticed the town was well illuminated. The streetlights had those little glow stones in it, lightning up the streets. I couldn’t even feel the absence of the moon. But still, I doubt was left in my head, why didn’t they light up the alleys too, that I just passed by.

“The only place which can serve food at this time of the night,..” I looked at the board hanging over the door through the peripherals of my eye, “Is a Bar.”

I walked into the bar, not expecting it to be this jolly and loud. And sat at the small table next to the counter. I called out to the bartender and asked him for a small meal for one and some raw meat in addition. But I didn’t order any alcohol, being underage.

While being a great place to drink and eat any time of the day (mostly during night), it was also an excellent place to gather information. I had been absent from any human contact for quite a few years and wanted to hear on some news of what was happening around the empire. By their fit and clothes, most of them looked as adventurers with a few peasants and labours.

I closed my eyes and focused on my hearing, listening carefully on the chatter pots they all became after chugging up a few glasses of beer.

“Hey! Do you know? There’s a rumor floating around about a village boy?......”

“….But even the town lord’s son was handed a rejection...”

“About the first prince… I heard he’s going to be crowned….”

That conversation over there wasn’t much significant. I moved on to hearing the people to my right side.

“The capital is in complete dismay since they received that letter…….”

“Do you really think Kruxpelt will attack?......”

“Hahaha! It was fun banging the nun while she kept praying to god and ask for forgiveness.” A man with a big fit and bald head laughed out.

“Haha! Sure was. Hahaha!” Another guy who looked relatively shorter and slimmer complemented the first’s statement.

An interesting one. I smiled as I found a conversation worth listening in to.

“Hahaha! Drink more beer and then we can go back and have seconds with her.” A third guy held a beer jug in his hands; he looked the most drunk than any of them, offering beer to the person sitting opposite to him.

I took a glance at them.

He was wearing a complete black cloak from head to toe, much like mine but different. His face wasn’t visible, as the hood extended to far front of his face. “I would just like to thank you for your help in the village. Our lord would be very pleased.”

“Hahaha! Don’t mind. Don’t mind. We had fun too.” He closed the distance between intending to whisper in his ear, but his voice was incredibly loud and intense, really hard to avoid, “Do you too wanna have it with her? She feels incredible, being a nun for all these ears.” He licked his lips and kept poking the robe of that strange hooded guy. But he just kept repeatedly refusing the offer.

“Here’s your meal.” The waiter came with a tray in his hands, carrying a small meal and big loaf of meat by its side. “Anything else I may bring for you?”

“No, thankyou.” I answered politely.

“Then, enjoy your meal.” Saying that, he made his way back to the kitchen.

I cut the raw meat loaf in half and held it under my table. “Just your head out.” I murmured.

Though I knew nobody in the room would know about a fenrir and passed it off as a dire wolf cub, I was still skeptic.

I had already instructed Fennyx to stick his head from my shadow and go back to chew. I said I’d call him and forbid him to come out himself.

I sat there eating slowly, waiting for the drunk trio and the strange cloak man to leave. Fennyx was rather fast on his wolfing so he finished early. So, I gave him some of my share to munch up.

0