Chapter 8 (Part 4)
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the guild; half the party was standing at the doorway while the muscle guy was standing outside, looking for the boy they had just met. He came back inside and nodded, gesturing he lost him.

Makaylah, the receptionist, after cleaning desk, was staring at the Truth Orb when an adventurer who was observing all the events unfold approached her. “Hey! Wasn’t that strange?” He asked not noticing the reaction on her face, “Isn’t the ball supposed to turn white for the sins one has not committed? But the orb had absolutely no reaction.” He looked at the receptionist, realising she was lost in thought, gently shook her.

“Huh? - Umm! Yeah, strange.” She replied as she came back to reality.

“Maybe it has malfunctioned.” The adventurer suggested with a worrisome look on his face.

“Perhaps. I’ll dispose of it and order another one immediately.” She took the orb and passing the back doors, she was standing at the back of the guild holding the orb in her hands as she saw that even then there wasn’t any reaction. “Maybe it really is broken.”

The janitor that was supposed to pick up the trash and dump it in the ground was absent that day. So, she sat the ball in the corner just outside the guild house and went back inside.

She watched the A-Rank party in front of her talking about the mysterious boy they had just met.

“…haaa! That guy.” The girl exclaimed, “Even though we helped him.”

“Don’t worry Sena-chan, we’ll meet him if we’re destined.” The heart-hair guy tried to console her.

“He was the exact opposite to Al, if I say so.”  

“…..”

Makaylah averted her gaze as the conversation topic shifted.

“Hey! Would you sanction this please.” another adventurer approached her with a quest from the quest-board as she offered him her assistance.

0