Ep.3: Chapter 7: To err is unforgivable
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's my first day here at Eco High. I was like a withered vegetable getting out of the car when we arrived in front of the school. I couldn't shake the feeling of fear inside me any longer. I have prayed many times that everything was just a dream and that I would wake up soon, but I am still around here.

My eyes examined the sight of the huge school buildings in front of me. I am at the very front, where the entirety of the school buildings is conspicuous. The school is gigantic and sublime. It's still the same as yesterday.

It shows obviously that this is also a school for the riches like Riz High. Our uniform here is very stylish. Classy and fashionable. Anyone who wears this will think they are not in their own country.

I looked at myself wearing the same uniform as the students also wear. I was shocked to know my mom already has a ready-made uniform for me. The locker key she gave me was no surprise but this one, yes. It was shocking that she handed over this uniform the same day that I enrolled.

I meandered my eyes around the school and observe. The vehicles arriving looked to be very expensive ones, on board with the students who also study here. They will also enter and attend their respective classes like me. Some of the students talk to each other as they walk into school like ordinary people living in the world. But I think they are bullies because they won't last long in this school if they are not. I don't know. Maybe I was only getting too judgemental because of the rumors I heard about this school.

"Dad !! Urgh! I don't understand why do I have to wear an old one. I told you to buy me a lot of new watches, but how dare you forget?!"

"I just bought that watch a week ago. That's not yet old." I heard said by a student and her Dad who passed by. It seemed like her Dad would accompany her through the school door.

Psh! I'm annoyed to hear what the daughter said. What a demanding child that is! That kind of child should get whacked left and right. But yeah, I was kidding.

I sighed. Whenever I think that this is a school of rich spoiled brats who have bad traits, I feel like I don't want to take another step to walk into that school that is in front of me now or even get close to it. A lot of people say that the students here are all bullies, so those kindhearted children who get lost here to come here to study without knowing anything about this school will not last long. They will be the center of attention of the bullies. That's the reason why this school became famous because of such rumors. Are the gossips true? Should I believe it? But I will know the truth now. It is time!

My goodness! If that is true, I don't know if I can attend this school every day. I wanted to back off or run away, but I couldn't. It's either I will study here, or I'm not going to study anymore. That's what my mom has firmly told me. I don't want to stop my education. What kind of future awaits me when it happens.

I walked into the school like a robot that looks and walks straight. I ignored everything around me.

I hope I can still get out of here alive and unharmed. I wish so!

"KYAY !!" I fell to the floor when I stumbled upon something.

Geez! That hurts! What is that thing that blocked the pathway? Tsk. It got me real bad.

I heard laughter from behind me.

When I turned my head behind me, I saw three women standing and laughing as they watched me on the floor. So, they did it to me? They tripped me?! That's not nice.

I was incapable of immediately getting up because of the pain caused by my fall.

"Why did you do that to me?" I asked them. This specific thing is what concerns me so. It's going to be the beginning of my miserable life. Thanks to my great mother.

They laughed in a wicked way again. All right, laugh some more! Joys are overflowing, aren't they? It was fun to have me thrown into the floor, right? Maybe, these women thought I was kind but they'll see who they stumbled!

The woman in the middle shrugged and answered me. "You better watch where you go, bitch. To answer your question, I only want to do that. So? Would you do anything about that?" She raised her left eyebrow as she glared at me as if challenging me to fight with her. Each of the three posed a different position in which they felt pretty and powerful while badly staring at me here on the floor. They thought maybe I was scared of those eyes of theirs. I can even pluck their eyes off.

The woman in the middle has her two arms crossed under her chest, the woman on the right side has her right hand akimbo, and the woman on the left side has her left hand akimbo, too.

My goodness! They have no good manners. By looking at how they look now alone, it is clear that they want to gang up against me and oppress me.

No, self, don't bite their invitation to trouble. That's right. Just ignore it! Just forget what happened. FORGET THAT THEY TRIPPED YOU! Have you forgotten that you are in their cave? When you accept their invitation for a fight, you may not be able to get out of this cave alive. And then you might even get the attention of other bullies around and attract even more bad luck.

Avoid as much as you can. Okay, breathe! Don't get triggered.

"Who do you think you all are? Are you feeling great about yourselves by messing with somebody you think is weaker than you? Do you think you are strong fighting with somebody you think is weaker than you? When the fact is you all are the weaker ones. How cowards! Look at what you're doing, ganging up against me! Three against one person?!" Wait? Didn't I say I wouldn't be getting into this? Why did I do it the other way around? What to do? I might get into a real fight. I should have kept my mouth shut.

I got up from the floor, but just as soon as I stand up, the woman in the middle shoved me, causing me to fall to the floor again.

"Ouch!" I groaned because my fall caused aches again. They did it again! It was for the second time! Second time! These children of the clowns are overdoing it!

I looked at them with a grin on my lips to show that I was strong, that I would not be pitiful just because of this, and that I would not be easily affected by what they did as their stares at me were bad and penetrating.

When suddenly, the unexpected happened. There was a hand that has held out in front of my face so it immediately caught my attention. I darted an eye at the owner on my side and I saw --a man.

He looks unreal. His face seemed to be a sketch. He has an excessive handsomeness that anyone would think there was just a statue at their front.

He has a gentle face. So, he was the one I smelled even before I saw his hand. His eyes are exquisite, and it's narrowed, a sharp nose, red lips, black-brown hair, and pale skin that suited his features. He looks hot as hell wearing the male uniform especially when you get to smell his scent.

Oh, my veggies! I didn't even realize that I was already studying his face while staring at him.

He seems to be offering help. I shook off my dust-stained right hand from the floor on my skirt. I looked back at the hand he held out to me and reached for it without hesitation. He helped me to stand up. Wow. I'm impressed. How gentleman!

"Thanks," I said softly, but I made sure to be pretty enough to have him hear it. I fixed myself and got rid of the dust stuck on my skirt and bag.

Zekeine is probably right. Maybe there are a lot of handsome guys here. But contrary to what she said about attractive bad boys. Perhaps this one isn't a bad boy because he helped me.

I saw the faces of the women in front of me covered in fear, anxiety, and restlessness. They seemed afraid to look to their front now where I was standing with this man beside me. I was sure it wasn't me who they were being afraid of. It was this man next to me.

They were giving gestures to each other. Seems like they are asking each other to leave. A moment later, they start to step back. They turned their back and they were supposed to walk away but a voice emerged to be heard clearly.

"What do you think you're doing?" It was the man beside me who spoke.

Then I saw these women in front of me stop moving immediately.

He was not looking at them, just looking underneath his sight when he spoke but it seems that these women knew and understood automatically they were the ones he was talking to, while I don't have an idea what is happening.

It made me seek interest to know who he is, witnessing how an extreme fear sketched on their faces because of his presence. My mind is asking a question. What is he in this school? But seems like I already have an idea looking at these three women's reactions.

I chose just to observe since I can not guess what was I supposed to do.

Slowly, those women made their way to face us. The intense nervousness showed up on their faces.

"Ss-sorry! W-we're s-so ss-s-sorry! We... don't have a-an idea you... know h-her." The leader of the three witches that are children of the clowns struggled to speak from panic and fear.

What was she talking about again? So, she thinks this man knows me. They think we know each other. Maybe it was because he helped me get up.

"And you think you can escape from running away?" I heard the man ask and until now he wasn't looking anywhere near the women's faces. Just underneath of his sight.

Why did he ignore the fact that these women think we know each other? Isn't he going to refuse it? Or is he trying to help me and save me? I don't want to assume but if he is defending me then I'm glad and thankful.

The women's muscles seemed to tremble, and the fear etched on their faces intensified. I wonder why it is? What are they being afraid of something? Apart from his dark and intimidating presence, I didn't get what exactly is it to get very, very scared of.

The woman in the middle kneeled. "Pp-please have mercy. I d-don't want to b-be punished. I d-d-didn't know who s-she is the r-reason why I did what I did. P-please, Theos!"

The other two went down to kneel, too.

"We're sorry, Theos! Pl-please give us chance! P-please f-for-forgive us!" said the woman on the left side.

"Y-yes. W-we are v-very s-sorry, Theos. We are n-n-never doing this again. W-we promise! We're v-very ss-sorry for what we did..." The woman on the right side pronounced.

I was wondering and confused why are these three bathing in fear.

"To err is unforgivable." By stating that, he looked at them.

The way he talks feels very frightening. Despite his tone being plain and his expression being empty, it will penetrate through the soul of whoever it is hearing it. I couldn't explain how, that's just the way it was making me feel. It feels dark and deadly, and I know it goes the same for these women who couldn't even look at him.

The three almost cried hearing those words from him.

It feels strange to hear those because I have no idea what is it that the man was talking about but hearing those words has made me keep wondering and curious.

'To err is unforgivable '.

0