Ep.4: Chapter 10: The rule is the rule
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school bell rang and it was the cue for the students' break time.

"You may have your break time. Class dismissed." The subject teacher announced getting her books closed.

I wasn't able to understand anything about the previous discussions with the teachers who taught us about various subjects but I have jotted down everything so I could review it later. I couldn't focus because I was haunted by a set of questions all this time has passed since I met this Theos guy and his friends. Plus, it's not easy to be comfortable to be sitting next to them.

It makes me think about it. Why are they protecting me? I couldn't ask because there are people around and they would hear it. Of course, I don't want them to know since I'm in a safer situation and position to be known as someone these guys know.

I'm thankful that they are protecting me, the reason why I am safe until now but I'm nervous at the same time because I don't know why are they doing this for me. It's disturbing to think that they might ask something in return if ever they are just doing this without an actual reason. Oh, my veggies! I hope everything is just fine as it seems.

I'd better be careful about everything that I will do. If I don't want the decisions and steps that I will make to bounce back at me.

It's time to give some attention to my hungry tummy but everyone knows I know these guys, so should I go with them? 'Of course not.' That's what's on my mind. Because the truth is I barely know them.

Maybe, I should wait until the time they invite me to go with them or wait until everyone else in the classroom are out so no one witnesses that we are not even acquainted with each other. That would be the two safest options and the smartest moves to go with in this situation.

I waited.

Then, minutes later, everyone else is gone.

The seven guys around me also remained motionless, and do not seem to have a plan to go yet. I think they did the same thing I did. They also waited -until everyone else is gone.

Then, there. I started to deal with murderous awkward silence. It seems that no one is planning to talk so I decided to cut it out right away by standing and getting my things with me. I walked out of the room. This was the best thing I did in my whole life. I gave myself a huge favor to continue living. I couldn't breathe in that room with those guys around me.

There are no other students around anymore. Perhaps, all of them are in the cafeteria now.

Now, I can go to the cafeteria without worrying about anything. Well, I was referring to going to the cafeteria only but I still worry about my safety. I never thought that a time would come for me when the simple thing of going to the cafeteria will be a problem for me. Being with those guys or the people in the school, either way, makes me worry about my safety.

My mom suddenly popped into my head. I witnessed how strongly she trusted and believe that nothing is going to happen to me here. I know there is something she is not telling me. Maybe, I should also do the same. I should trust and believe in my mom's decision for me. I should trust and believe that I'm going to be safe here.

I did not go to the cafeteria yet, the first place I went to after leaving the classroom was the locker area. I didn't dare to deviate from my way to the classroom earlier due to the fear of what might happen to me. But because of those guys protecting me, it gives me the courage to do something like this, like going somewhere I'm going to put my life in danger. Or maybe I'm testing it out? Testing out what it's like to be someone that those seven guys know.

I put all the things that I'm not going to need yet for this day and all the things that I brought so I'm ready in case of emergencies. These are extra things so I have them whenever I will be needing them.

After dropping by the locker area, I headed to the cafeteria and lined up at the counter.

My mom did not prepare something for me to bring and eat so I still need to line up here before I could eat. This is the very first time she did not prepare any food for me for school. She always prepares something for me to bring and eat since she doesn't trust cooked food prepared by other people. She's always been paranoid about how it was prepared. Like is it clean or doesn't contain anything poisonous? But now she acts so differently, the way which I'm not used to. It's making me feel bad.

I frowned when some girls inserted themselves into the queue in front of me. My head heats up. They have wronged the wrong person.

This is one of the things that I despise happening to me.

"Excuse me, I think it's right to line up properly since we are all students here who wanted to order and eat. You have gotten my place and that is not right," I stated.

These women in my front turned around to confront me. They smirk while I see they express annoyance on their faces. Their eyes are glowering at me as if they want to throttle me.

I contained myself and give them no reason to think that I am intimidated. I must use to being like this in this kind of environment. This is something that I don't have a chance to say no about doing.

"You're saying something?" The one in front of me asked.

"Only the deaf can not hear what I said." I firmly said looking away from them. It might make me sick looking at them for too long.

"What?" The smile on her face washed away. Looks like she's pissed off by what I said.

"Oh, I didn't even realize that you are the deaf that I'm talking about," I answered her. I wasn't supposed to answer anymore since I should know that this would be a big scene again but I knew that despite trying so hard to avoid any trouble if it would come, it would.

In one snap I found these women surrounding me. The eyes of the woman in front of me ignited like she wants to burn me alive.

"Who are you again? A transferee from Riz High which is known to be a school for good girls?! Isn't that right? It was basically why the Seven Leaders are protecting you... Because you are a weakling! And the seven are protecting you and it was basically why you have the guts to show off like this, like as if you are someone powerful!"

Well, I have said what I wanted to say without actually thinking that I am being protected by somebody. That's not going to happen if she and her girls did not insert in the queue like that after all. Nothing like this would happen if they stayed rightful. However, on that topic of me being protected by those seven guys, do they have problems with it? I could feel their envy because why would she bring that topic up if it wasn't a big deal for them.

A woman student who already got her orders is passing beside us and the woman in front of me took the drink from the woman's tray without getting any permission. She, then, splashed it on me.

I felt the cold liquid touch my skin and body. I had expected it but I was still startled when it got in the way.

"Now, let me see you show your guts again in front of me. Show us what you got! Play with us. Come on!" She said and she is grinning now. I am sure those women with her, too.

Another woman who is one of the companies of the woman in front of me walked beside her to confront me, too.

"We're sorry, girl. No one can rescue you here. The seven are not taking their lunch here."

Then, another one was displayed in front of me again.

"Poor you! No help is coming! Oh, by the way, why aren't you with the Seven Leaders? I thought you are acquainted with them? It seems not."

Those seven guys are not eating here? Then, where?

Their evil smile became disturbing and irritating loud guffaws as they shower me with those stares. Not to tell that the attention of the people around us, too.

I closed my eyes tight and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and look at myself. I'm soaking wet.

I smiled and chuckled and laugh. I stopped and looked at them.

"Poor me?" I smile with a hissing sound while switching my eyes to those three who spoke. "You're making me laugh. Don't you think it's vice versa? You're telling me that no one is going to protect me here and you think I'm a weakling, so it was basically why you have the guts to show off in front of me in the first place, like as if you all are powerful? How pitiful you all are. It's a shame that you don't have the guts to show off in front of me with the seven. But because I am an angel and I'm too kind, I can make this pass if you decide to stop acting like brats in front of me."

It's satisfying to look at them as their faces turned red because of anger. It was called an early victory. It was happiness.

I was shocked to the core when I saw glasses of drinks above the women's heads and the liquid in it are pouring down into them. I heard people around us laugh hysterically. People who did that seemed to enjoy and have fun.

I did not expect this. I'm not sure if this should make me feel glad. Maybe I should feel glad but what I know for sure is the feeling of pity for these women is more dominating inside me.

One random guy from the crowd speaks in a loud voice to make sure it will be heard by everyone since people are cheering and laughing as if what's happening is something nice and exciting. "Sorry, girls! The rule is the rule!"

The man is laughing as he voiced that.

The rule is the rule? What do they mean by that? Does this school have some kind of rule about something? It's something that I surely don't know.

The women surrounding me were shocked. It was them against all of the students in the school.

"Are you all crazy?" A woman from them shouted in disgust.

All of a sudden, the boisterous crowd became inaudible and the people behind these ladies started to move away.

"That's right. The rule is the rule." I heard a familiar voice uttered. I saw familiar faces emerge behind the women.

This is more shocking than what happened earlier. Are they here to defend me?

Is this even real? I couldn't believe it.

Who am I to be protected?

0