Ep.5: Chapter Tt: Reason
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've never felt so tired in my life before. Yesterday was very exhausting for me. Maybe, it was because a lot of things have happened.

I've been attacked by random women two times, I've dealt with and interacted with seven guys whom I question the identities thus far, I've been thinking all day about an undue of questions and I had to study at the same time.

But exhaustion was not the reason why I did not attend our get-together with my best friends from my former school. I decided to go straight ahead home to confront my mom, however, when I got home, my mom is nowhere to find. I wanted to ask her a bunch of questions but she deliberately wasn't at home for the rest of the day. Until then I felt drowsy she was not yet home. The last thing that I had in mind on doing was only to sleep and rest my mind, body, and soul.

I felt like I don't want to go to that school anymore. By the time I send myself there again, what might come could be worse than yesterday's cases especially when those guys decide to be my foes. It makes sense. I don't have an idea why did they decide to be kind to me, so they can also do the opposite without me knowing what is going on in their minds.

Oh, my veggies!

It's morning now. I just woke up. I'm not planning to get up and leave my bed yet. I still don't have the vigor to do that by now. I woke up earlier than usual anyway. I have so much time before my class time.

I need to think and recall everything from yesterday. I haven't analyzed it yet since the only thing that occupied my mind after getting out of class and school was to ask my Mom about all these because I remember my Mon telling me she has a reason. My best friend Zekeine is telling the truth about it. My mom won't make me do something I don't want to do except when she would do it for a reason. I know she won't decide on something so urgent to need to force me unless there is something important about it. Nonetheless, why can't I know it without any delay?

I sighed.

Up to the dismissal time at school class yesterday, those seven guys haven't even explained anything to me. They haven't even given me a clue about what to think.

I mean, I appreciate their effort to defend me and stay by my side to hinder anyone to harm me. Thanking them won't be enough. If they didn't show up at the cafeteria, I don't think I know what to do next after pretending all brave and strong in front of those women. It's no doubt going to be big trouble and will be very chaotic for sure if those women test my ability to hurt people or to fight with them.

After witnessing what happened to those women who spilled a glass of drink on me, I suddenly contemplated those women who tripped me in the morning. Both scenes were almost alike. I wonder what happened to those women now? How cruel if I end up being punished like that if I initiate any chaos between me and those seven guys. Even at the last thing that I want to do, doing that is not it. I would never put it on a want-to-do list if I had one.

That red tag. I noticed how the students reacted when Basileus dropped it down to the ground. It's like a sign of chaos and the one who committed the disobedience would be the center of the violence. They will be punished by every student in the school which would be too hellish of an experience.

I remember what I heard from that scene at the cafeteria. Having heard what the woman said tells everything about why the students around here are eager to stay and willing to be very obedient at any cost. It's all about money. Now, I'm curious if my Mom is aware of this and if I'm in the same position as the students in that school. But I know my Mom would never set me up in that kind of position in life and if I'm in the same position as the students there, why would those seven guys treat me differently? Why would they waste their time on me? Why do I feel like they are protecting me?

I heard knocks from my door before it opened up. I saw my Nanny's face enter the slightly opened door.

"Wakey wakey, Jelaine! Your mom is not at home as yet but she told me to take care of you for now." Said, my Nanny.

"Okay, Nanny," I replied.

She, then, moved out and closed the door again.

I sighed as I rolled my eyes. My Mom is obvious in avoiding me by not showing up. She knew I'm going to have her answer lots of questions.

I decided to get up and begin to prepare for school. I'll deal with my Mom later. I will deal with those seven guys first. Maybe, they know something I don't know.

How can I ask them again? The last time I asked them a question, they acted like we'd been friends for a long time and did not answer it the way it should be answered. In my presumption, they sure have a reason for doing that. It alluded to me that I couldn't just ask them even at a place where there are no other people around. I think I should ask them where no one could hear it in any possible way.

After getting all ready, I went to the car to go to Eco High. As soon as I did, it departed and I got out of the car by the time we arrived.

I hope I survive a day again.

I walked until I reached the front of the huge doorway of the school. It took a few seconds before I started to walk inside. I made sure that I have prepared myself first. I need to keep my act and postures from yesterday to try to look tough.

Honestly, this is making me look dumb in my eyes.

"We've been waiting for you!"

I heard a familiar voice from the side of the hallway connecting the entrance doorway.

It was Basileus's voice.

I paused and turned my head to my left side. I saw the seven guys sitting in long chairs, looking at me. Few guys even have smiles on their faces. I think the act from yesterday is still in progress. It's a good thing for me.

I did not move but I saw them coming over to me. As they draw close, most of them greet me with a good morning and even include my name. Those guys whose personalities are not on good terms with 'talking' did not.

"Good morning." I don't know how to act in front of them. I think I have a serious face and tone as I said that. I did not even look at them while wishing the same thing. But I realized immediately that doing that was a mistake. I should know that acting like I know them is going to save my life once again. Especially, I'm in front of everyone's eyes.

"Still mad about yesterday?" I looked at the guy who looks Asian-American who asked me that.

I looked away and did not answer.

Because I haven't got a clue about what to answer! They can't blame me if I act this awkwardly. I don't know them for real!

They laughed at me.

"You're indeed a hot-tempered one!" Said the guy who got an anime character face.

"Let's get going to our class." I could sense Basileus saying that smiling. I looked at him and saw it myself. He is surely one of them laughing. But this one guy I know wouldn't laugh or smile like that.

I looked at Theos secretly as we started walking. I saw his normal face. The serious one. I wonder when will I see his smile. Well, he has a point though. There is nothing to laugh about. These guys are only laughing for the sake of keeping the act.

Possibly, he'll smile or laugh when there is an authentic thing to laugh at but in this kind of thing, I think he is not likely to partake.

"Please worry because we will keep ghosting around you as much as you won't like." I heard that being said. My eyes contacted the face of the person and I knew it was the guy with acrimonious eyes who mouthed that.

"You can not argue with us about being by yourself, alone." I saw the gentleman-faced guy who conveyed that.

"We told you, Jelaine, you won't make it acting as if you don't know us." Said Basileus.

They are truly good actors.

How can I ask them again if they keep acting like this? I certainly do not wish them to stop this as well. Asking them might also complicate my situation by deterring people from knowing that these seven individuals and I are not acquainted.

They keep on calling me by my name but I couldn't call them by theirs as I'm not sure how to call them. I'm not quite sure if I should call these two guys by the name that people around here call them because I feel like they have issues with calling them by their names. Furthermore, I remember this Basileus guy being called by another name yesterday. What it only conveyed to me was confusion and uncertainty.

I just followed them wherever they were going. They lead me to the elevator. Everyone who is waiting for the elevator to open up stepped aside as we get close to it. These seven guys are being priorities. They are living such a comfortable life. 

As it opened up, we moved inward. No one has ever had the intention to step into the elevator with us albeit with the availability of spaces.

Yesterday, I used the stairs on purpose to elude other students. I didn't need to do that now. That's one of the perks of being with these guys. But rejoicing is something that I can not do yet. I'm afraid to do that so early. It might be taken away from me later on.

0