Ep.5: Chapter 15: Private space
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That Jeon being the cause why my Mom has made up her mind to have me placed in this school is the only possible reason I can think of. The possibility is at 99.9%. It's not like an antibacterial agent killing the germs but the germs being able to live through it. Losing its effect in my situation. Like the germs are killing it. In this situation, Jeon is the germs. It's technically killing the life out of me.

I should know at the very beginning it's the only reason my Mom could be so firm and unstoppable about a decision of forcing me to do something I wouldn't want to do.

Or maybe because of my resolute refusal of thinking about him, I'm unconsciously conscious of refusing to think about him as the reason for all this despite everything being discernible.

Thinking about it irks me.

At least a few things that have been detouring inside my mind are seemed to unveil now. First, students here are afraid of them and they have sovereignty over students because they are dominant and they are a big factor in their statuses in life and hold a big control over their livelihood. In concise words, they have the upper hand. Second, I've known the name of one of them is Nine and I don't know someone who has that name. Third, Jeon could be the reason why my Mom forced me to move to this school and this guy beside me might be Jeon and that might be the reason why these guys have been helping me.

Despite the certainty, I still need confirmation from this guy to substantiate.

The teacher who is currently teaching us has announced dismissal for the break time.

Now that I know the reason behind all this, it's not seeming pretty to my perception that they are behaving well towards me and that they are helping me anymore.

The desire to know them was erased from my head. I'm not interested anymore. It's like everything about this school irks me more than scares me now.

I stood up and walked towards the exit of the classroom without thinking twice or hesitating. I can't be around them for now. I feel like I might do something more stupid than doing this if I remain to have their company. I need to breathe. I need to think about how would I ask that question to this guy who is known as Basileus here. It could be true that he is Jeon but I still need to be careful of asking about it. I should unless I'd like to die here.

This thing that I did just now could be justifiable. They have exhibited that I'm stubborn toward them after all.

But there is this thing that's leaving me completely baffled. If the name of the school 'Eco' came from Jeon's last name, then what it's trying to construe is he is the owner of this school. And the thing is, what I've been thinking from the start is that Theos owns this school, or I have been mistaken about how I have understood it at the very beginning. But if I wasn't mistaking my assumption then what it will imply is Theos could be Jeon which would be very confusing because Basileus has been called Jeon yesterday. I must count this in with my question to that Basileus guy.

My feet deliberately took me to the cafeteria where I was almost caught in real trouble yesterday. I just hope there is nothing like it would happen today. I wish that kind of event have ended yesterday.

I was supposed to fall in the line of the people who will order food at the counter but people who are in line willfully make a way for me through the front of the counter. They are all looking at me, waiting for me to proceed to the front of the counter already.

I stood still.

"No. I'm staying here. The one who went first will go first." I stated, being firm with it.

"No, Miss Jelaine! You go here first. What will be your order?" A voice of a guy asked.

I took my look at the guy whom I heard was on the counter. The guy who said it was with another guy that I don't know who was, too.

"We're here to serve you, Miss Jelaine. So, you must be prioritized."

Wait a minute.

They look familiar. Aren't they the guys who looked after our meal yesterday when we arrived here at the cafeteria? Are they one of the servers here at the cafeteria? I didn't notice them being here when the ladies yesterday were bugging me. Yesterday, whom I've seen serving were ladies.

Oh! They said they are here to serve me. I presumed yesterday that they work for the seven but now it's clear to me that they are working for those seven guys. I'm sure they don't trust the food here. On a logical basis, they sure don't.

But they are also the one who is going to serve everybody else in the school today.

"You're just postponing the line. They are not going to order if you don't want to." A familiar voice said.

I reluctantly turned my head to eye Basileus who said that. Of course, seven of them are here.

"To make it simple, let's order for her, bro!" One of them propounded. It was the Asian-American guy.

"You're genius, Alex." Said the guy with acrimonious eyes.

"Are you kidding me, Dane? Of course, I am, goddamn it!"

Those were really helpful ones! This one who looks like an Asian-American guy is Alex and the one who has acrimonious eyes is Dane.

Then, there. They started ordering things from the menu in the cafeteria which I also found new. Yesterday's menu was different from today's.

Minutes later, these guys are pushing me to go to the counter to get the order they ordered for me for it is now prepared and they already got their trays in their hands.

"Here is your food, ma'am Jelaine!" Said the guy, like a daft one.

I took it since I do not have much of a choice. Then turn around to face these guys who are waiting for me.

I let them walk first and they were also the ones who chose a table for us. I let them sit first. After that, one of the other tables near it has 2 girls eating. I approached the table where there are still seats available.

"Do you mind me sharing the table with you two?" I asked them.

They nodded and one of them told me to go ahead.

Then, I sat on one of the available seats.

"Do you mind if the two of you, girls, switch a table?"

I blinked a tight one.

Alright. This is already not gladdening me at all. Yeah, right. I should realize that getting away from them for some time is not going to be possible.

The two girls in front of me nodded and went to the table where these guys were from.

It was Nine who asked the girls.

"Thank you, girls." It was the voice of the guy with a gentle face.

"Doing something for the first time like this kind of excites me, dude!" It was Dane who spoke.

"This is the 2nd time, bro!" Said the gentle face guy.

"Options are nowhere to find here, Jelaine. We're going to be bugging you wherever you are in this school as long as you're here."

I frowned at Basileus. The feeling that's bringing me of the things they're doing is becoming real. My annoyance right now is authentic.

"Yes. We've pledged to do that, right?" Noted by Dane which clearly shows to be a touch of sarcasm.

This act is quite tiring. What about them telling me the real thing first?

"Right. There's no way you can be alone here. We know how independent you are but being here won't do it." Alex added to their dialogue.

"So, just surrender, and come to eat in our private space." Am I not mistaken to hear that voice that I haven't heard for quite some time? "It's not convenient here."

Right! It was Theos and I confirmed it through my eyes when he talked again. This is only the second time that I've seen him talk. It's making me feel like I'm not the only one who feels tired about this. I'm doubtless that he was feeling the same way as I feel hearing him say those words. The tone of it tells it all.

It has a tiredly irritated serious tone.

Private space? Is it where they usually eat? They're truly treated extraordinarily here.

•••

Note:

This is the last chapter for free. I will publish this story on the Patreon platform yet. You can find me there and this story. I will update there starting from now. Hope you support me there! See you! My username or page there is bravery as well. You will get an update 3-5 times a month.

 

0