Chapter 21 – Creating a movement spell
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers!

Here is chapter 21!

I hope you enjoy the read! :)

Patreon announcement : Chapter 22 is available on patreon as an advance chapter for every Tier.

May you all reach Immortality and the Peak of Cultivation!

Calm Wanderer

 
 
***************************
 
 
Mortal Realm, Capital Planet of the Hoborg Empire, Main Continent, Cloudmount City, Divine Fate Mansion.
 
Once she made sure that he understood everything, she declared. “Now, let's start with creating your spells.” She continued. "We'll start with your movement technique. First you need to understand how essential a good movement technique is. When you're not in combat it can help save time and energy when going around. It can help escape from combat or rush somewhere, where you'll have to fight with your life on the line. At that time, every ounce of mana and time saved might be the difference between living and dying." Looking at her he nodded. "Movement technique out of combat is to increase speed and lowering energy cost. Got it!" She continued. "Exactly! Now, in combat. A movement technique can help you keep up or even overwhelm a cultivator with a superior cultivation, or a group of cultivators by increasing your speed and your maneuverability. There is a saying that says 'Speed is king'. Although it's not entirely true, having superior speed on your side can truly give you a huge advantage in your fights." He stayed silent, so she resumed her explanation. "When one wants to create a new spell, one needs to study his Laws and see how they can be combined to reach an optimal result in the form of a strong spell. For you it would be the Laws of Darkness and Light as the main Laws and the Law of Life as auxiliary Law. Usually one can only have a single main Law in one spell, as it is almost impossible to comprehend on the same level completely compatible Laws, such as Light and Darkness, or Fire and Water.”
 
The boy asked, puzzled. “But Teacher, if you can learn any Law, why would it be impossible to have the same comprehension level for two compatible Laws? And from the example you gave me, aren't they complete opposite, instead of completely compatible?”
 
She answered with a sigh. “That's the eternal conundrum of the cultivation world. Those Laws are both opposite and compatible. What I mean by that is that if one comprehend them at the same level and combine them, their power would increase a lot more than if you used two unrelated Laws such as the Law of Wind and the Law of Metal. The problem is that when one learn a Law, the difficulty of learning other Laws increase. And the higher along you go in learning a Law, and the more opposite they are, the harder it gets to learn other Laws. That is unless one has a special affinity with them or a special item to help them. Of course, what I'm talking about are Laws on the same level. Comprehending a Mortal Layer Law will not increase the difficulty of learning an Immortal Layer one, for example.”
 
She took a deep breath and continued with a serious tone. “That's why you and I are so lucky to have the Dual Yin Yang Seals, which not only get rid of that constraint, but even increase our Law comprehension speed. So you should not waste that opportunity.” Seeing him nodding, she said. “Now let met show you my Mortal Layer movement technique, [Darkness Disappearance].”
 
When she finished talking, her figure started to disappear from where she stood and a shadow replaced her which quickly faded completely. Guang Yang could feel the Law of Darkness being used, but he could not pinpoint her location until she suddenly reappeared behind him and touched his shoulder with her hand. “What did you perceive?” She asked.
 
He answered. “I'm not certain... I felt as if teacher left this world... It was a weird sensation. And because I couldn't find you, I don't know about teacher's speed.”
 
She looked at him with appreciation when she heard his answer. “It's already good that you felt that. My movement technique uses the Law of Darkness to connect my body to the 'Darkness Realm', which is a sub-realm created by the Law of Darkness, where only being who reached the Early Natural Law Level can completely stay in. If you don't reach that level, you can only connect partially to that Realm, which leaves you more vulnerable to attacks. Of course, connecting to that Realm needs energy, otherwise the spell would be overpowered.”
 
“Back to the effect of the spell. The reason I call it a movement technique is because every Law sub-Realms are connected to the Main Realm, which we call real world, or Main material World. That means you can use the shadows to move extremely quickly. You can also attack from those said shadows.” She smiled and added. “The thing is because I added my Laws of water and Ice, the spell help me absorb attacks from enemies and convert that energy into ice attacks, which I combine with my Shadow attacks.”
 
“To be honest, I divided the whole things into different spells, but it's more like one or more Laws manipulated differently depending on the situation. Cultivators are also called, Law seekers or Law Manipulators. There are other names for us, but they matter much as they are just that. Words.” She pondered for a second and added. “Now that I've started to comprehend the Law of Light, I will incorporate it in my spells... I'll have to think about how to go about that...” She muttered the last part of the sentence in a low tone, but since the boy had enhanced sense thanks to his cultivation level, he heard everything. However, instead of saying anything about that, he opted for asking a question about something about what she said that he noticed. “Teacher, you talked about Law sub-Realms. Are those the same as the Law of Darkness Realm? Does that mean that there are other Realms beside it? Where are they? How did they form? Why did...”
 
She felt amused at the barrage of questions from the curious boy, but she cut him off. “Slow down, slow down. I'll answer your questions. First, yes they are the same and yes there exists Sub-Realms for every kind of Laws. As for where they are? I don't think anyone knows for certain. The only thing that is known is that they are not in our Main material Realms and that they can only be reached by those with a certain degree of Law comprehension. And even that is merely temporary.” She gathered her thoughts for a few seconds before continuing. “Many cultivators reached the Sub-Realm of the Law they mastered and what they found there was a Sub-Realm thick with said Laws. You have to understand that after reaching the Natural Level, it's impossible to improve in the Main Material Realms, as the Laws are too unclear to perceive beyond the Natural Level. That is why many cultivate in those Sub-Realms to keep improving themselves. The upside is that no one can find the others in there due to some sort of Rule, so everyone can cultivate in peace there. The downside, however, is that, because it costs some energy to go and stay in that Realm, you cannot cultivate there forever. The costs going down as you comprehension Level increases. That's also one of the reasons why a lot cultivators reached the higher sub-level of the Natural Level with their Mortal Layer Laws, but a lot fewer did the same with their Immortal Layer Laws and almost none with their Divine Laws. Comprehension talent being the second reason.”
 
She resumed her explanation after a brief silence. “So from everything those cultivators observed, a few of them put forward a theory. Those Sub-Realms should be the core of the different Laws constituting the Wanderer's Realms. Although it sounds a bit far-fetched, everything points to that explanation.” She looked at Guang Yang and saw that he was deep in thought, the expression of his face showing that he was trying to imagine and comprehend what she just shared with him. Noticing her gaze on him, he looked up at her and said with a smile full of wonder. “Teacher, it's... it's... I don't have the right words to describe it. Maybe amazing, incredible, wonderful. The Wanderer's Realms are so exciting. There are so many things I don't know...” He finished his last sentence in a low tone, seemingly lost in the unknown wonders of the Realms he lived in.
 
She smiled at him and reminded him. “You're right! There are many things to discover. However, there is a caveat to this. You need to be powerful enough to go to those places, to perceive and unravel all those mysteries. You need to work hard, little fox.” He nodded vigorously and said. “I'm more and more motivated to cultivate, Teacher. I'll definitely become very strong!”
 
She caressed his hair while a small smile filled with warmth appeared on her face and said to him. “I'm sure you will. But let's go back to the creation of your movement spell now that you understood a bit more about Laws.” He nodded while a small laugh escaped his lips. “As I mentioned to you earlier, you need to find a way to use the Laws of Darkness and Light together while incorporating the Law of Life. I have some ideas in my mind, but at the end of the day, you'll have to be the one to finalize everything.”
 
Following the end of her explanation, they spent the entire morning sharing ideas about the spell they were trying to create. Indeed, it was not 'he' but 'they', and that for a few reasons. The first being that they were comprehending the same Main Laws, with only the auxiliary Laws being different, at least temporarily. The second reason was simply the mental link they shared, which allowed them to build up on each other ideas faster than cultivators sharing ideas in a normal conversation.
 
Of course, as they were using the so called opposite Laws together, it would take a lot more time for them to finish. In addition, they would keep modifying it as they increased their Comprehension Level in those Laws and their Cultivation Level, as those two factors would influence the spell's power and effectiveness greatly.
 
When the time reached noon, they decided to stop and eat lunch, as 'Haste makes waste' as the saying goes. Especially since they were not like Mortal without cultivation who lived for less than a hundred year before passing away, taken by old age or diseases. Not even counting Bai Yue who, thanks to her Divine Layer cultivation, acquired a theoretical unlimited lifespan, but even Guang Yang with his weak Level 2 cultivation, had a lifespan of more than 400 years. Although, the reason for that was because the latter was a Mana Beast. Indeed, Mana Beasts had on average double the length of lifespan than a normal human cultivator possessed. And that lifespan would keep increasing with his cultivation level.
 
All in all, they had a lot of time to figure out that spell. So Bai Yue started to strictly plan for the boy's cultivation. She decided that they would both work on spells in the morning. Then in the afternoon, they would comprehend Laws together. And finally in the evening and night Guang Yang would focus on increasing his cultivation Level while Bai Yue would simply cultivate on the side, linking herself to him to increase his cultivation speed. Although it was useless for her cultivation level, as Mortal Layer mana was extremely lacking in both quantity and quality, and by the time she had refined whatever mana she absorbed into the pure mana used to increase her cultivation, there was so little, that it did nothing to increase her cultivation base, she kept at it to help the boy improve faster. [A/N: I use 'Cultivation base' and 'cultivation level' for the same thing.]
 
Once everything was decided, with the agreement of Guang Yang, they started cultivating and kept at it for a week until they had an acceptable frame for their respective spells. When they arrived at that point, they both smiled at each other and Bai Yue said. “Good job, little fox! Once you practice it enough to master it, you would have increase your survivability by a huge amount. And coupled with a few attack spells, you should be able to fight any Rank 1 Cultivator head on without problem. Although, how strong you are precisely, would need to be tested on the training puppets. After all, spells are supposed to multiply your base power, but it only becomes apparent once you use it. Even I with my high cultivation would not be able to see through your entire strength, even if I may have an idea.”
 
When he heard her compliment, a feeling of pride welled up in his heart and a pure smile of joy was visible on his cute little face. “Hehe, Teacher is overpraising me. Without teacher, it would take a lot more time for me to finish the base of the spell.” He then asked. “Should we test it?” She nodded and said. “Okay. We'll incrementally increase their cultivation bases to study your spell.”
 
After Bai Yue shared her decision, they went to an 'Environment Room' close-by. When they crossed the entrance of the room, they appeared in a room that seemed bigger than it was supposed before they entered, which prompted Guang Yang to ask his teacher in puzzlement. “Teacher, is it me or the room is not supposed to be as big as it currently is?” She acquiesced, saying. “You're right. Although I can't use the Law of Space effectively with my restricted cultivation, I can still use some rare materials which contained fragments of the Law of Space to build those rooms. It allowed me to increase the room's size by a lot without taking more space outside. Although I can't create continents or even planets, it should still be enough for training as a Mortal Layer Cultivator.”
 
She then changed the topic. “Alright, let's set up everything for you to test the spell.” She then stopped talking to him and connected to the spirit of the Divine Fate Mansion. “Spirit, activate one training puppet at Mid Level 2 strength.” The voice of the Spirit was then heard from their mind. “Order received, Lady Bai. Order executed.” When it finished talking, a puppet was teleported in front of them from where they were usually waiting. The puppet was a 2m tall handsome looking man with black hair and black eyes. He wore a simple training outfit since armor would be useless, as those puppets were virtually indestructible by Mortal Layer cultivators. He also had a dimensional ring on one of the finger of his left hand, probably containing a few of his weapons.
 
When the puppet saw the two in front of him, he bowed to them and said respectfully. “Lady Bai, Young Master Guang, Training Fox, Commander Nung salutes you.” He then straightened back his body and asked. “How may I be of service?” When she heard him, Bai Yue replied. “Nung, little fox here has created his first spell and would like to test it, to see how strong it is.” Nung then smiled at Guang Yang and said. “Congratulation, young master Guang. With Lady Bai's teaching, you will definitely reach far in your cultivation. May I know what kind of spell it is? That way I can better adapt my response.” The boy seemed a bit confused when he saw that the puppet seemed very 'human-like' unlike those robots outside. “Also, I've never met him before. How come he knows me?” He thought. His teacher noticed his confusion and asked him. “Are you wondering about Nung?” He nodded and she started to explain. “Nung is a kind of robot with a soul, just like a spirit is a kind of AI with a soul. Puppets are different from normal cultivators as their body are considered not 'natural'. Although that is debatable, in my opinion, it is true that the way for them to increase their power is to collect stronger materials for their body as they can't cultivate like you and I. However they can comprehend Laws and thus increase their combat power that way.”
 
A flash of realization appeared on his face when he understood how the man in front of him was the so called puppet. His confusion resolved he asked Nung. “Uncle Nung, can you tell me how you know me?” Seeing the adorable 1m10 tall adorable child in front of him calling him Uncle, a smile appeared on his face. He answered. “Actually, every puppets from the two teams are connected to the Divine Fate spirit and we were informed about every member of the family, so that we can better serve all of you.” Something tickled the boy's curiosity and he asked. “There are teams of puppets? Why? And how many are you?” Guang Yang's insatiable curiosity made the man laughed and he looked at Bai Yue to ask for permission. She transmitted a few things to his mind, after which he proceeded to answer the boy's questions. “Young master, there are two teams of puppets. The Demon Guard and the Training Fox. The first, as you can probably guess, are in charge of guarding the property and the people in it. The normal member are around the level of Mid Level 9, the officers around Late Level 9 and the commander reached the Peak Level 9. All of them have an average strength for their Level, but their high cultivation base coupled with the formations in place in the Mansion, ensures that everyone is safe here. Although they might not win against the strongest Peak Level 9, they can still stall for a time.”
 
Having made sure that the boy was following his explanation, he resumed talking. “As for the second team, we are called the Training Fox, and I am the commander of that team. We are mostly in charge of being the training partner of the Inner circle family members like you. As for our strength? Let's just say that we don't lose out to the Demon Guard in the slightest. If young Master wishes to know more, you should ask Lady Bai, since she is the Grand Commander of the two teams.”
 
Bai Yue cut in the conversation and said. “Alright, knowing more is useless for you. At least for now. Let's just focus on training.” Despite not sating his curiosity completely, Guang Yang understood that she was right, and only increasing his own power mattered. Everything else was external power and could let him down unexpectedly. Thus he looked at Nung and said, barely hiding his excitement. “Let's do it, then!”
 
 
***************************
 
 

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't hesitate to comment! ;)

Also, if you like the novel, and if you feel like it, you can also leave good reviews, ratings, click on follow and/or favorite (I feel like a youtuber now^^). It can make a big difference in visibility. Thanks a lot for those who have already done it!

0