Chapter 23 – Double Breakthroughs
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello Dear Readers!

Here is Chapter 23 with two interesting breakthroughs.

On a side note we reached more than 2000 views, so that's pretty great.

We will be able to see the result of the change of time schedule during the week, which I am hopeful will be positive.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read! :)

Patreon announcement : Chapter 24 is available on patreon as an advance chapter for the Mortal Layer, Immortal Layer and Divine Layer Cultivators Tiers.

May you all reach Immortality and the Peak of Cultivation!

Calm Wanderer

 

**************************

 
 
Mortal Realm, Capital Planet of the Hoborg Empire, Main Continent, Cloudmount City, Divine Fate Mansion, Training Area, Environment Room.
 
Though, she reasoned. “Although it might impact me, it will only build up on my existent personality. So I'll probably only act that way with my family.... Well, I don't mind too much and I also can't do anything about the changes, so it's useless thinking about it I guess.” Finishing her thoughts, she focused her mind on the happy moment that was currently happening beside her.
 
After the meal, they all returned to their respective cultivation, each trying to reach further heights of power. A few days then went by.
 
That day, right before the teacher and student's Law Comprehension session, Guang Yang said to his teacher. “Teacher, I feel like I'm close to reaching the Peak Basic Level in the Law of Darkness and Light. Actually, since you broke through last week, I felt my comprehension speed improving these last few days.” Bai Yue replied. “Mmhh... Well, I'm not too surprised since when we comprehend Laws at the same time, then we have partially access to the level of Law the other comprehended. To be honest, if it wasn't for your affinity with the Law of Light and my high cultivation, then you might even be quicker than me. After all, my affinity with the Law of Light was simply average before I started to comprehend the Law of Darkness. Now that I reached the Peak Natural Level, you can probably guess how terrible it had become without the Seals... Sigh...”
 
To this, the boy replied with a smile. “I'm glad I can be of use to teacher!” That made a smile appear on her face. She caressed his hair and said. “It's not a matter of being useful or not, little fox. Since I'm your teacher, it's my role to help you, not the opposite. But it's true that in that case, you are very useful.” After all, she did not want him to misunderstand their relationship, so she made sure to be clear about it. Although there were some benefits, that was not the main reason why she chose to be his teacher... “Well, it might have been at first, but not anymore.” She thought.
 
The boy nodded. “I know teacher likes me the best. I can feel teacher's thoughts about me. And I also like teacher the best.” Although she felt a bit embarrassed to have her thoughts laid out in the open, since they were alone, she did not care about it too much. In addition, she could feel that those were only the innocent words of a child, so she would not overthink it.
 
The sound of his voice resuming his talk dispersed her random thoughts. “I've reached the bottleneck for the Late Level 2. I'm guessing that I might also breakthrough today.” She replied with a smile. “Perfect then! We should start now.”
 
The two then sat on their respective meditation cushion, closed their eyes and controlled their breathing to enter into a state of thoughtlessness, which was ideal for cultivation. Although it took him some time to enter it the first time, after more than a week of constant practice, it only took him a few seconds to reach the ideal state.
 
As the two were comprehending the same Laws at the same time, the two Seals inside them activated and entered a state of resonance, which transported the two's consciousness deeper into a state of enlightenment. That state allowed them to see clearly the Laws around, although only on the surface level for those that they did not start to comprehend.
 
Recognizing the 'place' where they were transported everyday, they did not stop to marvel at the sight, but chose to focus on the intertwined Laws of Darkness and Light. The two, despite not seeing each other, started to analyze the Laws at the same time, increasing their understanding more and more.
 
Guang Yang could feel a small barrier stopping his comprehension from going further. Unlike with a mana cultivation bottleneck, brute force was useless, since it was about pure Mind Power. Thankfully, the barrier was quite thin due to being only in the Basic Level and coupled with every advantages he had, he could feel the it thinning more and more.
 
After two hours of meditation, he felt the blockade break and a flow of insight rushed into his consciousness, strengthening it greatly. He felt his thoughts becoming faster than previously, and his memory being a lot better. The second thing was the cultivation insights that appeared in his see of consciousness and helped him understand how to increase his cultivation efficiency by helping him feel better the ambient mana coupled with how to purify it better and more efficiently. That also led to an automatic purification of his current mana, thanks to the 'rewards' given by the Realms' Laws for breaking through.
 
However, to him, the most incredible thing was not any of those. The most incredible reward was his huge increase in understanding how to balance those two opposite Laws. He wondered if his teacher had the same rewards, since she also broke through to the Peak Basic Level of the Law of Light. “But she would have told me, if she had. Especially since it is incredibly useful for me and my new spell... I'll ask her when I'll be done with today's session.”
 
When he finished receiving everything from his breakthrough, he chose to stop comprehending temporarily to ask his teacher about his recent discovery. When he opened his eyes, he saw a raven-hair beauty looking at him with a smile full of warmth. “Congratulation for your breakthrough, little fox!” To which he replied, mirroring her smile. “Thank you, teacher! Breaking through is pretty amazing. I'm curious about what it will feel like when I reach the Familiar Level.” His excitement made her laugh slightly. He continued. “Teacher, I found something puzzling during my breakthrough.” She asked. “What is it?” He answered. “Well, you told me about the effect of a breakthrough before, and despite not remembering well about what I felt during my previous one since they were not normal, there was something new. In addition to the normal rewards, I also received great insights about how to balance opposite Laws. I was wondering if you received the same thing during your last breakthrough.”
 
When she heard his question, she felt intrigued. “Not really. I only received the normal rewards. Mmhh... I wonder...” She kept pondering the question, until she started to think about the circumstances of his breakthrough, and that was when something clicked in her mind. She then shared her guess. “I think I might know why. If I'm not wrong, it should be because you broke through two opposite Laws at the same time, which should normally not possible. After all, not every one can see those Laws rotating around each other, which helps greatly with comprehending them. If you continue to breakthrough as you have done, you might receive incredible rewards in relation to the two Laws. That will definitely help your Law manipulation to an amazing degree.” He had an expression of realization on his face and said. “So, that's why... It makes complete sense. Don't worry teacher! I will not miss this opportunity, since that would be stupid.” After that he added. “Teacher, we should keep cultivating until dinner and then I'll focus on reaching the Late Level 2 tonight.”
 
She acknowledged his decision as they both sat back down on their cushions. A few hours later, when the sun hid itself to let the night sky emerge, the two silent pair opened their eyes at the same time, as if their consciousness were in sync, which, to be fair, was the case in that situation. They then both stood up and started walking towards the entrance of the Environment Room, where they moved after the first session of Law Comprehension.
 
It only took them less than an hour to go back to the Main Building, and finish the meal they ordered. After which they went to the Dream Pavilion, since the Environmental Rooms were only useful for Comprehending Laws. However, the entire property was encircled by a mana gathering formation, which meant that cultivating could be done wherever they wanted without any difference in efficiency. As for the reason why they chose the Dream Pavilion? It was simply due to the beautiful view of the Lake, which was illuminated by Lightshade Gems when the night fell, giving the whole place a dreamy characteristic. Coupled with several formations that increase focus and protect the ones cultivating from anyone wishing to interrupt them, the pavilion became known as 'Dream Pavilion'.
 
As they entered the empty lobby, they turned towards the stairs to arrive on the second floor, which unlike the ground floor, was open to the outdoors, allowing them the enjoyment of the incredible scenery, with only the natural noises of small animals scurrying around trying to find some food and the tree branches moving in the darkness as if some playful spirits were controlling them. Even the small child felt his agitated thoughts (Due to the recent breakthrough) relax.
 
Despite having only started cultivation recently, he knew that only by being calm could he maximize the efficiency of his cultivation session. In addition, it could also help avoid cultivation deviation, where, because of a lack of focus for whatever reason, one could lose control of his internal mana, which would in turn cause havoc inside one's body. That usually led to injuries of the bodies and/or mind or even death for the unluckiest.
 
Having a location like the Dream Pavilion which helped relax and focus one's mind was thus a great boon for any cultivator. Having been reminded of it numerous time, Guang Yang tried to not take it for granted and instead did his best to not waste that opportunity. After half an hour of simple meditation to have his mind in his peak form, he started to activate his cultivation scripture and began to absorb, purify and reinforce his cultivation, along with his teacher who was there to multiply his progress' speed.
 
As he was absorbing the ambient mana, he could feel a weak blockade that was impeding his advancement. Although it had similarities with the previous Law comprehension bottleneck, this time it was in a state that was at the same time physical but was also coupled with the mana and soul energy, unlike earlier where it was a Consciousness's barrier. Since the cultivation scripture that he acquired focus on balancing the three aspects of cultivation, the bottleneck was a barrier combining them, where if one of them was unstable, one would not be able to break through. That increased the difficulty of the latter by a lot, but in exchange it multiplied the strength of the cultivator by a huge amount and the speed of cultivation between each level and sub-level.
 
After all, the Laws in the wanderer's Realms seemed to favor balance and cold fairness. High risk, high reward and low risk, low reward. Although, in practice, it was a lot more complex than that, as there were sentient beings involved, the principle was simple.
 
What cultivators called Low level cultivation scriptures were simply those techniques that were greatly unbalanced. Those increased the chance of being stuck at one cultivation level for a long time, or even for one's whole life, but in exchange the speed of cultivation was faster.
 
Back to Guang Yang. Noticing the barrier, he started to balance his three aspects and use them to throw his internal mana against it. Although the obstruction was not very thick, he could still feel that it would take him some time before destroying it. Not daring to let his mind wander too much at the risk of losing control of his mana, he kept relentlessly battering the blockade, perceiving its gradual weakening over time. Until the whole metaphoric wall crumbled down with a small crack that resounded in his body.
 
What happened right after was mana filling his three aspects and starting to transform them, to make them stronger, more efficient, more perfect. He could feel his body growing a few centimeters tall to reach around 1m20. From his constantly improving internal sense, he observed his cells multiplying and filling themselves up with energy. His skin, his organs, his muscles and even even his hair became more and more resilient.
 
While his body was evolving, he was also 'gazing' at his mana channels and dantian. The former were increasing in toughness and flexibility, while their mana conductivity also improved. As for the dantian, it grew bigger and stronger, allowing more mana to be added to it and being able to resist more in case of internal or external problems.
 
Now to the most mysterious part of the three aspects, the soul. Although it was difficult to observe with his internal sense, he could still feel something growing stronger inside him, akin to some ethereal power that was essential to him despite not understanding his uses very well. From what his teacher told him, he would be able to manipulate it once he reached the Immortal Layer, so it was a waste of time to focus on it now.
 
Bai Yue opened her eyes when she noticed the breakthrough's fluctuations in front of her, and thus proceeded to sense the boy's transformation in details. She could perceive everything that he himself did, and even more, as her Divine sense was extremely powerful. She could even see the small improvements on his face which improved his attractiveness a little. His clothes were even visibly adjusting themselves to his increasing size, thanks to the enchantments on them.
 
When the transformation was over, she nodded to herself as she knew that, although his strength improved compared to his previous base strength, it was only a sub-level breakthrough in the Mana Gathering Rank, so the changes would not be too drastic. However, it was still a good learning experience for her little fox who never had to make any effort to breakthrough.
 
Instead of stopping his session, Guang Yang took the time to settle everything about his cultivation, since, because of the recent breakthrough, the mana inside his body started rioting. That was why he had to calm it down, otherwise, not only would he not be able to cultivate further, but he also risked injuring himself. None of those options appealed to the young Fox.
 
After half an hour, when he was done with everything, he opened his eyes and a smile radiating joy appeared on his adorable face. He then looked at Bai Yue and said. “Teacher, I succeeded! I reached the Late Level 2!” To which she replied by hugging him and telling him. “Congrats again little fox! Twice in the same day! You should be proud of yourself.” When he felt himself pulled into her warm embrace, a feeling of pure happiness invaded his heart. Of course, as he was not yet aware of men and women's relations besides family relationships, the feeling in his heart was simply akin to joy. As for Bai Yue, since she lived for millions of years alone and was aware of the nature of his feelings, she did not really pay attention to the ambiguous position of the boy's head, which was lodged between her still clothed voluminous bust.
 
After the both of them enjoyed the moment, they separated themselves and the little boy started describing his experience of breaking through, detailing every changes he could feel down to the most insignificant. Although, she knew everything already, she still listened to him attentively, without cutting him off. After a few minutes of explanation, she finally talked. “It's great that you succeeded. However, you should keep in mind that your cultivation base is still at a very low level and that breakthrough was simply a sub-level one. So you shouldn't be complacent, since it will grow harder and harder as you progress. But I'm confident you will reach at least my level with time. Although it might take a very long time.”
 
To which he nodded and said. “Yes, Teacher! I'll do my best.” Instead of going back to their session, they decided to relax a bit while appreciating the atmosphere of the place for a while. Only after almost two hours went by, did they go back to their mana cultivation, which lasted the whole night as usual. When the sun started to rise, they woke up from their focused state and went to eat breakfast.
 
Eat breakfast. Train in the morning. Eat Lunch. Comprehend the Laws in the afternoon. Eat dinner. Cultivate the whole night. Eat breakfast. Rinse and repeat. They inserted themselves into a routine that could be considered dry and boring for a lot of people. However, for cultivators who strove to reach a high level, it was something necessary, since as one increased one's level, it would take longer and longer to progress, in correlation with the increase in strength. Talent and hard work were the two essential keys of cultivation, and Guang Yang had plenty of both, which was why he progressed greatly in the next few months.
 
Six months went by and the teacher-disciple duo could be found in the environmental room, training.
 
 
************************
 
If you enjoyed the chapter, don't hesitate to comment! ;)

Also, if you like the novel, and if you feel like it, you can also leave good reviews, ratings, click on follow and/or favorite (I feel like a youtuber now^^). It can make a big difference in visibility. Thanks a lot for those who have already done it!

Also, every constructive criticism will be taken into consideration if I find it relevant. I've already modified the name of 'space rings' into 'dimensional rings'. I also finish the edit on the first few chapters where I went from 'space portal' to simply portal. Also I modified the chapters where I heavily used the word space.

0