Chapter 5 – Crushing nonchalantly
128 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Disclaimer: There is a distinction between Intent and intent. The first being very important in cultivation. Hopefully I won't forget the Capital letter in future chapters. There is no need to explain it here, since it won't impact the story before chapter 24, but I didn't want any confusion.
 
 
Mortal Realm, Wilderness, Grade 1 Planet Gaia, Space City, Little River Hotel, fox family's Private Villa.
 
While the four were enjoying their breakfast, Bai Yue suddenly felt something. She then looked towards where the group of Mana Beasts in their human forms were coming from. “It seems that your enemies are here.” She said. “What?!” “They're here?!” The couple exclaimed. Following their first reaction, they immediately sent their Divine Sense through the villa's walls and towards where Bai Yue was looking at. Noticing who were coming, Guang Hua's face turned pale with despair and Hei Qiang started grinding his teeth while trying to find a way to deal with the situation. That's when he turned to Bai Yue. “Senior Bai, we'll need your help this time. Two Early Level 9 Cultivator and a dozen Level 8 are too much for my wife and I to deal with.” He said with a wry smile when he recognized whe was coming, stupefied that they needed her help this quickly.
 
“Don't worry. I'll take care of those flies.” She said indifferently, as if they were similar to the insects populating the garden. “Let's go out to meet them. Otherwise the villa might be destroyed.” Finishing talking, she teleported the four of them in front the other group, in the middle of the sky. Seeing the group of four appearing in front them, the other group stopped in mid-air. They then looked at the people constituting the group. At first, the two Core Elder were pleased that they would not have to look for them. Especially the baby, since they had no way to track him. However, their expressions changed when they noticed the masked woman in a white combat suit who was flying in front of the group, as if she was its leader. Indeed, no cultivation could be felt from her, however as 'old foxes' the two noticed two points that, put together, made feel great danger.
 
The first one was that despite the masked woman being there, when they used their Divine sense, they could not feel her existence, as if she was an illusion. Nonetheless, she could make the group appear in front of them without them noticing how and stay afloat in the air with seemingly no effort, and only Level 7 and higher could fly without effort.
 
The second problem was that although the couple knew their group's cultivation level, they looked confident, as if they had a trump card, which, judging from their gazes to the masked woman, seemed to be her.
 
Knowing those two points, one of two reasons could explain this situation. The first was that the woman was weaker than them with at least two rare artifacts. One to hide her cultivation and the other to hide their presence from others and this was a bluff. The second was that the woman was overwhelmingly more powerful than them and fighting her would only lead to death. Both options were very unlikely, however the two could not think about any other logical explanation. After sharing their conclusion with each other through their Divine sense, Hei Yin Xian, with his brows lightly furrowed, decided to speak out loud first. Keeping his arrogance in check, but without being too humble he said. “May I know who Senior is? And why would Senior be involved in our Fox Tribes' internal affairs? Those two by Senior's side are traitors of our Tribes and we are looking to arrest them.”
 
Hearing the naked insult, Hei Qiang kept his anger in check, however Guang Hua spat out. “Pah! Two shameless old ghosts with a foot in the coffin wish to kill our baby for his bloodline. Not only that but a disgusting lecher like you and a stuck-up bitch like the one at your side say that we are the traitors. Hearing that, I don't know if I should laugh in anger for your shamelessness, or pitying you guys for acting lower than animals. Being a Mana Beast doesn't mean like you should act like animals. You're supposed to be enlightened after all.”
 
Hearing what she said, Bai Yue had a corner of her lips rising up in amusement, which was hidden behind her mask. Unlike her, the two targets of her poisonous tongue did not receive the admonishment well. Hei Yin Xian looked ready to kill someone with his fists clenched in anger and his teeth grinding each other while Guang Ao not being very good with words could only reply by screaming. “Shut up! Slut!” Guang Hua being quick-witted immediately continued. “It seems I hit the bulls eye with what I said. Guang Ao, stop acting pure when we all know the truth. I'm really curious about how many Elders you slept with and used to get the cultivation resources needed to arrive at your current Level. The only reason you haven't yet found a Dao Companion in your more than 20.000 years of life is simply because nobody would trust you not to cuckold them. So, who is the actual slut? Haha.” She looked at the other woman with disdain in her eyes while a small laugh escaped her.
 
“As for you, Hei Yin Xiang, I've never seen such a useless lecher. You have dozens of wives, but from what I heard you can not even get it up anymore. Then what's up with your dozen children? I recently found a green hat but couldn't think of anyone to give it to. To thank you for making me laugh, I'll gladly give it to you.” She said with a fake innocent smile. Hearing what she said, the two started to cough blood in anger. The way they looked at her was if they wanted to cut her in thousand pieces before burning the pieces. After they stopped coughing she resumed her rant.
 
“You can keep coughing until you die, you know. After all, no one will miss you once you do.” Finishing her long speech, she felt like she had vented a big part of her resentment for everything unfair that they imposed on her family of three. Hearing that last part, Hei Qiang finally failed to keep his poker face and burst into laughter, which set Guang Yang laughing as well despite not knowing what was hilarious. A small chuckle also escaped from Bai Yue, however being very discreet, no one heard her.
 
Seeing that they could not win her in arguments, they decided to attack the group despite the risk. Noticing their slight movement towards her group she pushed her aura towards them, which made them feel as if the air itself froze all around their body. “ENOUGH!” She said in an even tone, using a small spell to transmit her voice in their ears. “Just because I didn't say anything, you think you can disrespect me?!” She intentionally used a sliver of her killing intent on them and 'unfroze' them. Feeling that killing intent the whole group crashed in the middle of the road below. Thankfully, Bai Yue controlled the shock waves, so that nothing else around was broken. And, as it was the road leading to their villa from the front office of the hotel, they were no other people around, so there no innocent injured. However, it was now decorated with a big hole and one could see a dozen people inside. Only the two Core Elder were still conscious, and that, only because Bai Yue only wanted to knock them down from mid-air, so she used only a sliver of her killing intent. If she used even 1% of it, their souls would have been destroyed from the shock, instead of the majority being unconscious and the two strongest being simply unable to move.
 
The two Core Elder were petrified in fear even without the pressure. It could be explained by the fact that they had never felt such an intense killing intent before, even from the few Peak Mana Core rank Cultivators they met in their long life. Killing intent was simply a mind power attack that was cultivated by killing others. It is used by sending your Mind Power over a Cultivators to pressure his soul at first and it could even have an effect on reality at a high level. Mind over Matter. If the difference between their mental strength is big, then the enemy could be knocked out or even killed by injuring his/her soul or even destroy it. Of course, even without cultivating a killing intent, as one's Law Comprehension Level increased, so did one's Mind power. It could also be increased with other things, but it would be too long to mention it here.
 
What the two scared Elders did not understand was how it was possible for a Mortal Layer Cultivator to have such an intense Killing Intent. Who knows what they would think if they knew that she was actually a Divine Layer Cultivator, in front of which even Immortal Layer Cultivators, that the two considered as gods, would be regarded as only insects in terms of power. Although her cultivation was sealed at Peak Level Mortal, she would easily be able to kill ordinary Immortal Cultivators (Rank 4 Cultivators = Level 1-3 Immortal Layer) thanks to her Laws comprehension Level and fighting experience.
 
Seeing the two in such dire straights, the couple looked at each other with happiness visible on their respective faces, relieved that their gamble paid off. Now that they were certain of their safety, they started wondering how Bai Yue would deal with the enemies. Will she kill them all? Speaking of the devil, she started to declare in an emotionless tone. “Since you attempted to kill my disciple and his family, you all deserve death. However, I don't wish for him to live a sheltered life. Although, I won't force him to become an assassin like me, he'll still have to learn about killing scums like you. That's why, I'll let you go this time with a message for everyone from your tribe.” The two on the ground resumed breathing after almost suffocating from the pressure of imminent death. Although they felt liberated, they chose to stay still and listen to the message she wanted them to deliver, not wanting to make her change her mind and kill them.
 
“Tell them that Guang Yang will come visit them in at most a 100 years to ask for an explanation for everything you've done to him and his family. You're free to send anyone at the same cultivation rank as him to kill him. I will not stop you. However, if anyone with a higher rank from your tribes or related to your tribes try to kill him or his family... I don't think I need to elaborate.” She declared looking at them as though they were mere insects unworthy of her attention. Although, they felt angry and humiliated, they were too terrified to say anything. “Thank you Senior for sparing me.” “Senior is magnanimous for forgiving this unworthy person.” Although they looked like they were about to die the next second from their injuries, they kept boot-licking her.
 
Being annoyed and disgusted by their fawning, she raised her hand and snapped her fingers while rousing her mana and using her Law of Space. The entire dozen people with the exception of the official disappeared from the hole as if they were never here and reappeared in their spaceship. Recognizing where they appeared, the only two conscious people gave two orders to the AI despite their heads being full of questions as to how they arrived there. The first order was to immediately leave the Star system and head towards the two tribes. The second was to take care of the wounded, while they themselves started to use Healing Pills and meditate to heal from their heavy injuries. The injuries on their souls were the most complicated to heal, as the soul was the most mysterious part of a cultivator, especially for Mortal Layer Cultivator. What exemplified the importance of the soul in the best way was the fact that a high level cultivator could survive even if his body was destroyed. It could even be rebuilt. However, if one's soul was destroyed, then it was the end for the cultivator. Actually, even if one's soul was only injured without being healed, it could have disastrous consequences such as an impossibility to breakthrough, lower comprehension, etc. Also, since the soul housed the Sea of consciousness, if it was hurt, one could lose memories, become mentally impaired or even fall into a coma with no way out.
 
Thankfully for them, they had a few Soul Healing medicine, which they used until they healed enough to talk without feeling like they would die the next second. Hei Yin Xian then looked at Guang Ao and said sighing. “Sigh... That was a disaster. How do you think we should explain our failure to the Supreme Elders?” Relieved from having escaped that death god, she replied. “At least we survived. And it's not as if we didn't try. How were we even supposed to fight against such a monster? We'll just report the situation as it happened without embellishing anything.” Hei nodded in assent and added. “Even without embellishing anything, what happened was still unbelievable. If I wasn't there when that happened, I wouldn't believe it. A cultivator so strong that she could disabled Early Level 9 Cultivators with only her Killing Intent. Also, did you notice?” He asked her with a voice full of fright.
 
“You mean the fact that she could teleport us all to our spaceship so far from the planet? That should be the Law of Space, right?” She replied. “From what I've read in my tribe's library, using the Law of Space in that manner would need one to be at a high Level in one's Law Comprehension.” His voice then started to trail off in almost indistinguishable murmur. “Who in the Realms could she be...?”
 
The woman, hearing that rhetorical question, only said. “It's useless to think about it. We should just heal ourselves and report truthfully what happened when we reach the tribes.” “You're right.” After that, the two stopped talking and continued healing themselves, hoping not to get punished for their failures, their vessel leaving the solar system.
 
***************
 
Mortal Realm, Wilderness, Grade 1 Planet, Space City, At the scene of the 'battle'.
 
Back to when Bai Yue teleported the group of Fox tribe members. Following her fingers' snapping, she looked inside the hole to see the only person remaining. Since he was heavily injured and unconscious she used her Law of Space to teleport everyone but herself to the villa before using a sliver of her Time Laws to repair the hole in the road and heal the man. After which she teleported back to the villa, the road looking the same as when they first arrived. If someone were to pass through it, they would never believe that a battle, or more precisely a thrashing, took place there.
 
When the masked woman arrived at the villa, she saw the couple looking at the unconscious man on the ground with curiosity. The both of them noticing her arrival, Hei Qiang decided to ask the question floating in their minds. “Does Senior know who that man is? His cultivation is only at the Early Level 3, and he doesn't have any Fox Bloodline, so he is definitely not from the tribes.”
 
Since she was planning to tell them anyway, she did no hesitate to satisfy their curiosity. “When they were on the way I checked them out with my Divine sense and saw that man talking to them as if he was their servant. From what I've picked up from their conversation and his attitude, I'm guessing that he should be one of the high level official of this planet. Wanting to please your tribes' elders to get some benefits, they seemed to have done their best to find the three of you. I didn't kill him since he is insignificant.” She explained her guess while walking towards the tea room. “Now, we need to make a choice.” Following her example, they all sat on the few sofas.
 
Guang Hua inquired with her interest apparent on her face and none of the anxiety previously spoiling her exquisite face. “Could senior Bai tell us what the choices are?” Hei Qiang also listened attentively. Bai Yue then answered. “Since your problem of pursuit disappeared, the three of you won't be forced to hide and flee from them. So the two choices I thought about were this. First, we stay on this remote Grade 1 Planet. It would impede everyone's progress though. Second, we can leave to go to a Grade 2, or even better Grade 3 Planet. That way, we'll all improve a lot faster.”
 
Hearing her, the couple finally realized that they were free to go wherever they wanted. The whole plethora of possibilities in front of them overwhelmed them for a few seconds. To help them make a choice, the masked woman added. “Since I've already reached the limit of the Mortal Realm in terms of cultivation, I'll only be able to improve my Laws. However, for you and little Yang, it is different. A better environment and more talented cultivators that the three of you can compete with would help your cultivation speed tremendously.”
 
Nodding to her words, they saw their decisions in the others' eyes. Guang Hua was the one declaring what they both decided this time. “We'll leave for a Grade 3 Planet then. After all, we don't want to block senior from ascending for too long. And we would waste too much time here.” The decision being made, Bai Yue declared. “Perfect then. We'll stay on this planet until tomorrow morning and depart at that time. We'll teleport directly to your spaceship. That way, we won't waste any time.”
 
The husband and wife, having understood the plan, were lost in thought, wondering about what the future would bring them. The next chapter of their life will begin tomorrow.

 

 

 

 
1