Ichimoku – I
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Land gods come and go just as the day and night. This is something he knows of, for he personally experienced such a thing himself. Once he was praised as the god of health and prosperity by the villagers, and in return he gave them his blessings to stay healthy and for their crops to yield harvest.

But his days of being praised come to a stop when demons come to tear the village. In desperation he faced them alone, losing his eyes in the battle. But even with all might he couldn't stop the village from being wrecked. From that day on no one from the village visited him, and soon after no one remembered his name.

Still he sat there in his forgotten temple, waiting for the day for humans to visit him once again, all the while helping those who would come across his temple. The proud wind dragon Ren, the bubbly grass spirit Kusa, the righteous dog spirit Inugami, the cheery rabbit Yamausagi, the determined deer Shishio. He helped them all and granted them sanctuary to his rundown temple, and in turn they accompanied him.

So another person stumbled to his temple, yet he was not injured, lonely, conflicted, troubled or lost. The man shrouded in darkness, who feels natural with the world, did not come in need of help but came in curiosity.

“Yo! So you’re the land god I’ve heard from Ootengu? Name’s Nurarihyon, wanna join me?”

Their talks started from there. He told the man of his history, the man in return told him about the reason for his recruitment. He talked about his companions, how they stumbled onto his temple each holding a weight in their hearts and in return the illusive youkai told him of his people, of how he recruited them to follow him. They trade stories between one another, of their past, of their dreams, going on for days ending with Nurarihyon offering him sake and with him refusing it.

Then Nurarihyon started bringing his people, mingling so seamlessly as if they had known each other for a long time, astounding Ichimoku who bore witness to such a sight. That the three children, Kaguya, Kusa, Yamausagi, would become instant friends. That Inugami became less tense, lessening the weight in his heart as he listened to Mannendake's flute. That Shishio who would find his goals as soon as Ootengu gave his advice. The forgotten god was joyful that his companions' burden had lessened.

Nurarihyon approached him then and there, with a sake on his hand as if it was a natural thing, as Ren draped himself all over the man. He spoke with the same brazen tone as they first met all the while shoving a piece of sake as he did everytime they are about to depart.

“Your companions look like they’re enjoying themselves. So how about it? Wanna join me now?”

For the first time in years he felt it, a wish for his presence and blessings. It wasn’t a scenario how he imagined but it was better than a dream he could ever hope for.

Receiving the sake from Nurarihyon, he spoke with gratitude.

“This Ichimoku would be honoured to join.”

0