Chapter 11: His Alpha (2)
8.3k 2 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skylar sat on his leather chair recliner, leaning forward as she played a game of Smash Dudes against Breona. It was no secret that Skylar was a gamer, what with the amount of gaming related posters plastered against his walls. Breona, on the other hand, was lying on his bed, flat on her stomach as she tapped the console furiously enough to fill the room with clicks and taps. 

 

“Oh, that’s so stupid,” Breona said as her fighter was subdued in a headlock and a three-point combo. “Stop spamming that!”

 

Breona clicked her buttons as fast as she could, allowing her fighter to narrowly dodge a grapple before punching Skylar’s fighter straight up the jaw, stunning him long enough for her to unleash her ultimate.

 

 “It’s my time, baby!” Her fighter lunged in, kicking twice and lunged towards the stars as a mighty roar shook the sky before kicking downwards with the might of a comet.

 

Skylar, however, wasn’t surprised as it was just what he had been expecting. His fighter suddenly woke up then, rolling forward to dodge Breona’s fighter before grabbing onto her and immediately released a number of combos. 

 

“Wait, crap, stop that!” Breona went back to furiously tapping her console buttons again. “Goddamnit, get up Stario!”

 

But it was too late as with the onslaught of combos carried out within a time interval of a second, Breona’s fighter went from a full bar of health to only one bar. 

 

“It’s the end for you,” Skylar said coolly as he ended the game with a click of his button. His fighter punched the dazed opponent right up his chin, sending him flying up before releasing his ultimate - a charged plasma blast - towards the falling opponent, ending the game right there and then.

 

GAME OVER!

 

“Oh for god’s sa-?!,” Breona damn near threw her controller when the annoying ending theme sound played out. “I call hacks, damn it!” She hissed when she saw the smug smile on Skylar’s face as he relished in his victory.

 

Skylar let out a haughty laughter. “Get gud, scrub.”

 

“God, I hate it when you’re all smug like that,” Breona sighed. “I knew I should have picked War-Ham. Would have countered you easily.”

 

“Is that a challenge I hear?” Skylar raised an eyebrow. “One more then?”

 

“Nah, I’m done for the day,” Breona said. 

“Really? Usually, you wouldn’t take a defeat like that so easily,” Skylar turned away from the screen, hearing the loadout screen play out in the background. He saw the expression on her face. “Something on your mind?”

 

Breona’s lips looked ready to say ‘no’ but then they stopped, twisting her affirmation and denial inside her mouth, deciding which one should be let out. But Skylar wasn’t dumb nor a stranger to Breona’s thoughts - they’d grown up together since middle school for god’s sake. 

 

“Is this about how I saved the day with nothing but my beautiful brain?” Skylar asked, teasingly. 

 

Breona rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead, enjoying the cute ‘Ow’ that came out of his lips. “I still haven’t gotten over that.” She bit her lips before sighing. “But it’s not about that.”

 

“It’s something else,” Breona said. “Wait, no, it’s related, I guess.”

 

“Huh?” Skylar asked, quizzical. He set his controller on the floor before wondering what on earth was troubling his best friend. 

 

Breona sighed again. She looked into the soft blue eyes that stared back at her with such adorable naiveness that affirmed her decision to protect him all those years ago. But, she knew that as they grew older, she wouldn’t be able to protect him all the time - confirmed by the most recent incident. Skylar was an Omega, the most beautiful and real Omega she knew but unfortunately for him, that beauty would bring him as many curses as it did boons. Like his crazy ex, for example.

 

Safe to say, he needed an Alpha. One strong enough that just hearing who he belonged to would discourage any others from even thinking of hitting on him. 

 

A glance brought her eyes to the drawers set up beside the TV. Luckily for him, if her hunch was correct, he might meet such an Alpha. . .if she told him. The real question was, should she? There was no doubt to whether the Alpha in her mind could protect him but after nearly losing him in the incident, she had become increasingly paranoid when it came to his safety. No matter how strong Skylar’s Alpha is, there was still the big ‘IF’ as the image of a bloodied Skylar hunched against a beeping, broken car would follow along the thought. 

 

“Bre. . .”

 

Until Skylar had an Alpha, it was well within her duty and pride to protect the adorable schmuck but seeing as she had nearly failed that job, it was evident that her job had to be outsourced.

 

“Br. .eo. .a”

 

But then again. What if? No, if he had - 

 

“Breona!” Skylar snapped her out of her thoughts by slapping her cheeks together with both of his hands.

 

 Her cheeks had been smushed together, lips pouting when she asked, “What?”

 

“I’ve been calling you for the past minute!” Skylar said. His eyebrows quivered with worry. “I-Is there something wrong? Whatever it is. . you know you can tell me.”

 

It was with that smile that Breona knew she had to tell him. He was his best friend, someone far bigger than her damaged pride. He had to know. 

 

But how was she going to bring it up? She decided to settle her problems the Breona Taylor way. To charge straight ahead. 

 

“Hey, Skye?” Breona started carefully. 

 

“Yeah,” Skylar said. 

 

“I’m going to show you something and just. . .don’t get mad at me for it, okay?” Breona said. 

 


 

Author's Note: Sorry for not posting a while back ago on Thursday. Here's an apology of 3 chapters as compensation. 

My Patreon is updated every week on Wednesdays, Read Up To 10 Chapters----- https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

Or, come join my discord -------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

88