Chapter 31: My Saviour, My Hero (3)
4.3k 4 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREVIOUSLY

He tried to put up a smile and said, “H-Hi, Paragon. . .” He didn’t know whether he should say his next words but to completely clear any doubts he had, he just had to ask her. His fingers lightly caressed the burnt holes in her cape. “Di-Did something happen?” 

His question seemed to have snapped Paragon out of her trance. “Oh yeah, just a little brawl down 5th Avenue. Anyway, I’m so sorry I kept you waiting like that.” Her apologetic tone matched her face as she brought a hand up and rubbed the back of her head in relief. "I know I can’t exactly apologize for showing up 3 hours later than our arranged meeting but I really hope I can-”

“It’s okay,” Skylar smiled sadly. “I’m already happy enough that you still decided to come meet me.”


“Skylar. . ,” Paragon trailed off, the guilt inside her killing her. She had heard of how some Omegas suffered from serious withdrawals when it came to their Alpha and any topic that included them thinking they weren’t enough, which was dubbed ‘A.R.I’, otherwise known as Alpha Related Illness. Which was also why it was extremely frowned upon in society for Alphas to do something that would make their Omegas ‘ARI’. 

She remembered that Omegas were very expectant when it came to matters concerning love, home and kids. Especially needy when it came to their Alphas. And, she had just left him for 3 hours. . .only god knows what was going through his mind right now. 

She didn’t dare to look into his eyes, cursing herself inwardly. She felt like she’d just kicked a puppy. Trying to think of something to make him feel better, she only then realized his outfit.

“Beautiful.”

“What?”

“Oh, I was talking about your dress,” Paragon blurted out without shame, causing Skylar to blush immediately. She giggled at his adorable reaction, deciding to compliment him more. “You look absolutely ravishing in this dress. But of course, you look good regardless of whatever you wear.”

Skylar coughed. “So, um. . .are you. . what are we. . .uh, Anything in mind? I mean, are we still going on our date?” He realized she hadn’t exactly detailed what they were going to be doing for their date. Gods, he was hopeless, it was like he was self-sabotaging himself.

“Hm. . . ,” Paragon cupped her chin before Skylar’s stomach rumbled, causing him to blush and her to laugh out loud. She rubbed her stomach before licking her lips dramatically. “Before anything, let’s go eat! I know a really good place that’s got the best steak in town.”

Skylar’s eyes sparkled at that, practically salivating already at the thought of juicy steak. He really loved food. “Really?”

Paragon giggled. “Really. Oh but before that,” She floated higher before blurring for a second. She appeared back with a fashionable white blouse over some stylish black pants that had been buckled with a golden belt with a big, golden ‘P’ in the center of it. Wearing bright red lipsticks that matched her high red gladiators, she looked even more stunning in front of him now. She looked effortless in her beauty, just like an Alpha.

“So,” She struck a pose, pursing her ruby red lips. “What do you think?” A cloud poof-ed above Skylar’s head. He couldn’t even utter a single word. 

Paragon giggled. Maybe that was enough teasing for the afternoon. She held a hand out for Skylar to grab hold of. “It’s a little embarrassing to say this after I was late for an entire three hour but. . . shall we?”

Skylar gulped before nodding. He softly grabbed onto Paragon’s strong, big hands and said, “Take me, Alpha.”

You could see a visible tremor shaking Paragon’s body at that. She smiled dangerously at him. ”Not yet, little one. For now. . .just call me Thea.” 

*****

The date went extremely well. After they finished eating, Paragon, or Thea, flew them around the entire city, above the clouds near the speed of sound. She had been smart enough to encase him in a special, skin-tight barrier that helped protect him from the immense G-force, but also enabled him to feel the drop of his stomach whenever she rolled around the clouds like a roller-coaster. She even flew them next to a couple airplanes as Skylar waved at the befuddled people inside. Oh, it was wonderful.

Deciding that was enough adrenaline for the day, Thea brought him to a cliff just north of the city, a spot that was high enough that it overlooked the entire city in its modern glory. As the cool wind blew past their faces, they talked and connected over many subjects, the most prevalent being the game, Fantasy Online. Apparently, she was pretty high leveled as she’d been playing since the beta was released and quickly added him to her close friends in the game. They later chilled and talked about the movies, shows and music they liked as Skylar surprised her by taking out a picnic brunch from his pocket dimension. It wasn’t anything special, just something he had bought while she wasn’t looking. Apparently, Thea really liked the tuna sandwiches.

Then, as the sun started to set, Thea talked about herself as he listened with enthusiasm. She talked about how there were some people that couldn’t appreciate a good life-saving, how she had traveled across the entire globe, doused in multiple cultures and even managed to catch a kraken that had been throwing a fit near the Hawaiian Islands. He had asked if she liked doing what she did but she seemed evasive in the topic which made him somewhat disappointed.

He was prepared to bare every part of himself to her and thought that she was prepared for it too but as he thought carefully, the exchange of information wasn’t exactly equal. After all, her secret ‘human’ identity was information that could potentially kill her. He grimaced at the thought. Thea wasn’t stupid as she could tell he wanted to know more so she changed the topic to him. 

As the focus was put on him, Skylar was about to answer any questions she had about him but as her questions grew more intimate, he as well, grew more evasive in his answers. And, Thea was starting to grow restless.

“Answer the question properly, Skylar!” Thea said with an exasperated sigh. “I want you to tell me more about yourself and dodging my questions isn’t helping.” 

 


Do consider supporting me on my patreon and read 10 chapters ahead for £6 or $9------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

My Discord------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

62