Chapter 32: My Saviour, My Hero (4)
4.5k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREVIOUSLY

He was prepared to bare every part of himself to her and thought that she was prepared for it too but as he thought carefully, the exchange of information wasn’t exactly equal. After all, her secret ‘human’ identity was information that could potentially kill her. He grimaced at the thought. Thea wasn’t stupid as she could tell he wanted to know more so she changed the topic to him. 

As the focus was put on him, Skylar was about to answer any questions she had about him but as her questions grew more intimate, he as well, grew more evasive in his answers. And, Thea was starting to grow restless.

“Answer the question properly, Skylar!” Thea said with an exasperated sigh. “I want you to tell me more about yourself and dodging my questions isn’t helping.” 


 

He had been responding to her personal questions with noncommittal hums and nods which apparently was bothering her a lot. 

He bit his lips before saying, “Well, what do you want to know?” He quickly apologized as it sounded like he was pissed off.

Thea sighed, crossing her arms as she looked down into his beautiful brown eyes, freezing any of his movements with just a look. “Listen.”

“The main reason why I even asked you out on a date was to hang out, learn more about ourselves, what we like and what we want to do. And maybe,” Thea locked her eyes onto his in a stunning gaze that made him want to be stuck in place forever. “Maybe, we can develop into something. . . .more.”  

She quickly cut him off. “I know that it’s a little too early for this conversation but I. .I really like you, Skylar.” She saw the immediate blush on his face. “I like the way your eyes shine whenever you get passionate about something. I like how you always give me the most adorable reactions when I tease you. I don’t know how you feel but just for you to know, the moment I met you and your fiery spirit, I. .I felt something inside me go off.”

Skylar listened intently. She smiled at him before holding her heart and looked into the distance. “It’s always been me alone since I came to this world. I taught myself my abilities, I taught myself society’s rules, I taught myself how to fight and how to help people but never have I ever truly felt.”

“Everytime I go out there and save someone, I hear their ‘thank yous’ but never have I understood their gratitude,” She said. “Everytime I share a rut with someone, I’ve never felt the obsession to possess them. I’ve always felt that. . .empty, like there’s something to be more.”

Then, Thea looked at him with eyes that seemed even more golden with the evening sun as the background. “That was until I met you.”

“Curiosity, Love, Lust and every other feeling I’ve never felt before came rushing in, hitting me like a truck.” Thea said with a glorious smile. “Can you understand what you did to me? A decade’s worth of the hole in my heart filled instantly with just my eyes on you.”

“I don’t know about you, but I started becoming obsessed. I wanted to get to know you, to know what makes you tick, to know what you like and to know everything I could know about you.” 

“It’s always been you, you and you the moment I saw your little figure stand against Goliath.”

“So, please throw me a bone and tell me about you,” Thea begged. “Please.”

Silence. Skylar laid there, above a cliff, mouth parted as he didn’t know what to say after hearing all of that. So many emotions bloomed inside his heart. A million butterflies giggled in his stomach. What should he say? It didn’t matter, he just had to say something!

“Wow,” Skylar immediately regretted saying that. Out of all the words he could say in the English alphabet, he said ‘wow’. God, he was dumb.

He quickly covered it up. “Sorry, I. . sorry, I don’t really know what to say. I don’t think I’m as interesting as you place me.” He tore his eyes from hers, casting his face down pitifully but she brought his face back up, never wanting to break away from his warm, brown eyes.

“I don’t care if you’re the most famous or rich or interesting person on the planet,” She said softly. “All I want is that you let me get to know you. You don’t understand me when I say I’m obsessed with you, Skylar. I. . .I know I can’t ask you to bare it all when I haven’t done the same but I still want to know enough about you to think about when I get home. Don’t you?”

Skylar bit the insides of his cheeks. As much as he disliked talking about himself, he was finding himself being persuaded by her. Then again, he liked her enough that if she told him to jump off a cliff, he’d probably do it. 

He’d do anything to prolong the time he could spend with her. She couldn’t leave yet. Even if the sun slept and stars woke up, he wanted to stay with her, forever.

“Alright then. I-ask me anything you want. I’ll h-hopefully be able to answer them.” Skylar didn’t regret saying it when he saw the look of happiness on her face.

Then, it was like a stone had been lifted off both of their hearts. With an enthusiastic smile on her face, she asked him everything she had been hesitating to ask. She asked him about his work, hobbies, art, politics and just - everything. They laughed, debated, gave each other nicknames, and did all the silly things only teenagers in love would do.

A real connection had formed between them. Their hearts had been tethered - a small, delicate string of red that could break at any time. But this was okay. With time and effort, Skylar was confident he could nurture it to become big and strong, able to withstand anything the world threw at it.

But all good things must end. He didn’t need to check his watch to see that it was well into the night. The sun had long since slept as an ocean of stars and a curtain of comets unfolded before his eyes. The neon lights and billboards that would have hindered the view otherwise were below them and instead, provided a contrasting view between Space and Man.

Two different sets of eyes gazed upon the night sky but both were synonymous in their feelings. Unable to withstand the dead silence, Thea asked him a question she had been meaning to ask since a while ago. “How about your love life?”


Do consider supporting me on my patreon and read 10 chapters ahead for £6 or $9------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

My Discord------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

51