Chapter 3: Shut Up.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Shut Up.
Rin looked at him curiously, wondering what Obito could’ve possibly wanted in this place. Obito was still working up the nerve to kiss her, to ask her permission to do so. He was a lovestruck teenager that hopelessly fell for Rin ever since they formed their team underneath Minato Namikaze, the Yellow Flash. Her eyes smoldered with an emotion that Obito couldn’t quite name, though as she adjusted his collar and preened his clothes, Obito felt his heart stop in anticipation. Was she…was she initiating onto him? Should he pucker up his lips and let her kiss him…?

“R-Rin…” Obito said, a little slack-jawed as Rin leaned in close and examined his expression. “What’re you doing? Aren’t you a little close?”

Stupid!

He could’ve cursed himself for his own stupidity at the moment.

He wanted Rin-chan to be close. He wanted Rin-chan to take his lips and kiss him. But his stupid mouth ran ahead of his own brain, and suddenly Obito was left sulking as Rin pulled away for a moment before she gave him a bright smile.

“You needed to straighten your jacket collar,” Rin said. “First impressions are important, after all. We’re going to graduate from the Ninja Academy!”

“Eh?” Obito said. Another thing he’d forgotten about.

Rin gave him that charming smile once more, and Obito melted at the sight of her adorable face and her softened features towards him.

Surely there was something more there than just friendship, wasn’t there?

He didn’t know what he’d do without Rin, who constantly looked after him and made sure that Obito never missed assignments and helped him train. This is gonna be the girl that he married one day, he would declare to his grandmother.

“It’s graduation day,” Rin said in that chipper voice of hers. “Did you remember your graduation papers?”

“Oh!” Obito explained before he said. “I totally forgot about that! Man, I’ve got the worst luck at times!”

Obito departed from Rin, loathe to be away from her, though he needed to get them to prove that he was indeed a Ninja graduate. However, along the way, he met an elderly granny that needed his help, because she was crossing a particularly crowded street, and before Obito knew it, he was helping her carry luggage things and totally forgot about the Ninja graduation.

Obito was immersed in conversation with the grandmother, who was telling him about her love in her life that stayed with her faithfully throughout the years, though he recently passed away. She hoped to reunite with him in the afterlife one day, though she still had things to do in this mortal realm. She then smiled and patted Obito on the head, thanking him for his help. Obito bowed and nodded, before he checked the time. It was past the opening ceremony! He was too busy helping the nice elderly lady that he forgot about the time and he missed the graduation ceremony and grabbed his papers! Obito hastily made his way back towards the Academy to hopefully retrieve his papers, though he saw everyone exiting from the Academy.

“You’re late,” Kakashi said, and with a certain air of dismissal, he walked past Obito with the crowd of people surrounding him. However, the only person that remained from the crowd pouring from the Academy’s doors was Rin, who smiled at him softly.

“My graduation papers,” Obito said, before Rin smiled brightly and handed the papers over to him.

“I got them for you,” Rin said with that endearing smile of hers, and Obito fell in love with her all over again. This. This was the woman he was going to marry one day! He wanted a marriage with her as the old granny had with her former husband. He hoped that if it came down to it, they would be together in the afterlife too, if there was one.

“Thank you, Rin-chan,” Obito said with a great grin on his face, accepting the papers from her.

“You still can make it in time,” Rin said, before she walked in step with Obito and walked alongside him. “I’ll escort you.”

“Awh, come on, Rin-chan,” Obito said, though he secretly loved every second that he spent with Rin. “Say, Rin-chan…do you want to…can you…come with me somewhere after you take me to get my papers?”

Rin cocked her head to the side a little endearingly, before she said with a bright smile. “Of course, Obito.”

Oibto internally cheered inside his heart. It was a date, then!

0