Chapter 6: Tell Me The Truth.
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Tell Me The Truth
When Rin looked at him, guilt gnawed on his insides. Her serious and contemplative expression caused Obito to want to chase away the confusion and worried emotions she held for him. She knew something was going on, and Obito remained silent about it, which was did the exact opposite of ‘Don’t hide your wounds'. Yet Obito felt another lecture coming from Rin. When Rin scolded him, it meant she was serious.

“Obito,” Rin said.

Obito immediately stiffened and paid attention.

“You’re hiding something,” Her eyes sought to penetrate into his inner soul. “I heard you liked someone. Is that true?”

Obito suddenly became tongue-tied. How could he tell her the person he held unwavering admiration and devotion towards—was her? Rin probably knew she was the person he harbored affections towards, though admitting it aloud—didn’t she like Kakashi more?

“It’s true I like someone…” Obito said, fidgeting a little and casting his gaze away. “But I mean…”

Rin leaned close, smiling a little. “Who?”

“That’s…” Obito said, as his pulse rose and his face reddened even further. She was getting close!

She pecked him on the lips at that moment, a chaste kiss that stole his breath away. Obito fainted on the spot, too tongue-tied and emotionally short-circuiting to figure out that his feelings were reciprocated.

While in his unconscious state, he dreamed Rin wore a wedding dress, walking down the aisle towards him. Obito promised himself he wouldn’t cry, though tears trekked down his face when Rin finally lifted her veil and whispered assurances of love and ‘I do’. When he came to, he was in the Infirmary, and Rin tended to him.

“You sure know how to impress a girl on her first date,” Rin said with a teasing smile, to which Obito reddened again.

“I’m so sorry!” Obito sat up and tried to bow as best as he could in his bed resting position on the makeshift palette. “I just…I…”

Rin giggled again. “I can feel your heartbeat pulsing from here. Anyway…I learned through Kakashi you have feelings for me.”

“Didn’t you have a crush on Kakashi though?” Obito said, pressing two fingers to his lips as though to imprint the memory of her soft lips against his own.

Rin held Obito’s hands in her own. “I do care about Kakashi, yes. Though the person I choose…the person I want…is you, Obito.”

Obito knew right then he was the luckiest man on earth.

She was his sunshine, and the warmth and light she radiated would never fade.

0