Volume 1 Chapter 6 Heal
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fang Ling smiled and said, “It is said that Renxin Hall’s price is the fairest. It seems like this is true. I hope to be able to cooperate with you in the future.”
Manager Hu put on a smile and said, "Sincerity and justice are the motto given by our old manager. There is no doubt that our branches have never done anything to deceive the guests."
Fang Ling nodded his head and wasn’t in a hurry to leave. Instead, he chatted with Manager Hu for a while and asked about the prices of some other medicinal ingredients. Manager Hu naturally answered every question he asked. As for the money for medicinal ingredients, apart from taking most of the banknotes, a small portion was exchanged for silver. From their conversation, he also found out that the Manager Hu’s name was Hu Dahai.
When he came out of the Renxin Hall branch, it was already afternoon. Fang Ling returned to a remote alley near the South Gate.
He took out the eunuch's robe hidden here. When he was about to put it on, the dagger unexpectedly fell from his waist and landed not far away.
When Fang Ling was about to pick it up, he found that the little white dog that he had fed steamed bun this morning was following him. At this time, it was wagging its tail hard, looking very cute.
Fang Ling couldn’t help but laugh. This little guy really knew how to recognize a master. He only fed it half a bun, and it probably followed him for an entire morning.
He squatted down and crooked his finger at the little white dog. The little white dog ran over happily, but its right leg was clearly a bit limp.
Fang Ling picked it up and reached out to check its right foot. He discovered that there was a small cut on its foot that had been cut by something sharp, and the blood on it had already coagulated.
Just when Fang Ling was holding the little white dog's foot with his right hand, a warm feeling rose from his palm, and the strange lines on his palm began to rotate slowly.
At this time, the patterns on the dagger began to rotate in the sun, and an invisible force of the sun came from the dagger and entered his palm.
As the intensity of the flame became greater and greater, the patterns on his palm began to float upwards. Then, like threads, they entered the puppy’s feet.
Fang Ling was very surprised, but he soon knew what had happened. Although he couldn't see these lines that went into his palm with his eyes, he could clearly feel that those lines were circling around the wound, as if invisible needles and thread had begun to sew the wound.
The sun's fire absorbed by the dagger kept pouring into Fang Ling's palm. The puppy seemed to feel the comfortable feeling from the wound and actually narrowed its eyes to enjoy it.
After an unknown period of time, the palm wound miraculously healed.
Fang Ling sat on the ground like he had just fought a great battle, gasping heavily. The light on the dagger gradually faded, and the sun's fire returned to his palm along the lines, entering the depths of his body through his meridians.
When the little white dog landed on the ground, it seemed to be surprised that the wound didn't hurt anymore. It turned around happily and stuck out its tongue to lick Fang Ling's palm.
Fang Ling forced a smile, but his heart was still in a state of shock. This immortal art could not only fuse medicinal materials, but also heal wounds? What kind of strange immortal art was this? Where did this dagger come from?
Fang Ling originally wanted to use this immortal art to earn money, but he didn’t expect this immortal art to have healing abilities. Or rather, it could be said to be a type of integrating ability. However, his interest in this dagger was aroused. He really wanted to know why this dagger would appear in the medicine storage cabinet.
Fang Ling rested for a while in the alley before he regained some strength. He changed into his palace robes and saw that the little white dog was going to follow him again. He quickly squatted down and reminded it, "Little dog, ah, little dog, the palace is not a place you can go to. Just wait for me here obediently, okay?"
The little white dog could not understand human language. It scampered over to Fang Ling’s shoes and tried its best to please him.
Fang Ling bitterly smiled. He bought another bun on the street and threw it into the alley. When the puppy pounced on the bun, he turned around and quickly left.
Dong Canghai's guards were guarding the southern gate. When Fang Ling showed them his waist token, they naturally let him go without checking at all. However, the checks in the palace were very strict. Fortunately, Fang Ling had a sixth-class waist token in his hand. The guards were very flexible, and the journey was smooth.
When he was about to reach Binghua Palace, Fang Ling took off his clothes and breathed a sigh of relief. When he came to the gate, he saw Xiaowuzi walking over with a lunch box in his hand.
Xiaowuzi was only in his twenties and was one of the many eunuchs in the Ministry of Internal Order who did not rank. Two years ago, he began to deliver food to Fang Ling and his mother. Although he was given five taels of silver every month, the eunuch often didn’t deliver food exactly at the right time.
Seeing Fang Ling standing at the door, Xiaowuzi slightly quickened his pace and came to the gate of the palace. He put down the lunch box, raised his face and smiled. He bowed and said, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Your Highness. I'm so busy that I couldn't get away for a while."
Fang Ling didn't quibble with him, but he thought of the dagger and asked casually, "What do you do in the palace?"
Xiaowuzi picked up his thumbs and said, "I've done a lot of things. The Imperial Kitchen, Washroom, Imperial Hospital..."
“Imperial Hospital? What are you doing in the Imperial Hospital?” Fang Ling interrupted him and asked.
"I'll help those servants to clean up the warehouse and so on," Xiaowuzi answered impatiently.
Fang Ling’s heart skipped a beat. He took out a banknote that was worth ten taels from his pocket and shook it as he lightly said, “How about I increase your monthly salary from this month onwards to ten taels?”
Xiaowuzi's eyes suddenly lit up. A eunuch without an official position could only earn two taels of silver a month. He mainly relied on the reward. Ten taels of silver a month was double the previous five taels of silver.
Seeing that the First Prince, who had always been down and out, suddenly became so generous, Xiaowuzi's impatient mood was swept away. He suddenly smiled and said respectfully, "Your Highness, I will do my best to serve you and Imperial Concubine Su."
Fang Ling was not in a hurry to give him the banknote. He continued to ask, “Do you know where the cabinet containing the medicine ingredients came from?”
"A cabinet?" Little Wu was stunned. He scratched his head and said, "It should be made by carpenters, right?"
Fang Ling asked again, “If they were moved here from other places, would there be a record?”
Xiaowuzi smiled furtively and replied, “I understand Your Imperial Highness’s meaning. Ignoring the medicinal ingredients warehouse, everything within the Imperial Hospital will be recorded in the warehouse. However, those records are all locked by Imperial Physician Lin who is in charge of the warehouse. This old man’s temper is quite obstinate.”
Hearing Xiaowuzi intentionally draw out his words, Fang Ling smiled and folded the banknote, throwing it into his hand.
Xiaowuzi quickly bowed and replied, "Imperial Physician Lin's original name is Lin Mowen. He used to be a minor official in the Imperial Hospital, but he was demoted to the warehouse because he drank too much. However, the old man's habit has never changed. As long as the wine worm is in his head, he doesn't care about anything. I have seen him drinking quietly on duty several times."
Xiaowuzi was indeed a person who was greedy for money. As soon as he got the money, everything came out. Fang Ling nodded slightly and said, “Okay, I will go to the warehouse tonight to look through those records. Do you know what to do?”
Xiaowuzi chuckled and said, "Your Highness, don't worry. There is a lot of leftover wine in the imperial kitchen. I'll get a small pot for the old man. I promise he will sleep until dawn."
Fang Ling looked at Xiaowuzi, who had a charming smile on his face, and thought that this guy might have done a lot of things like this. Maybe someday he would reveal the things he instructed him to do. So he said, "If you work for me in the future, I won't treat you badly. These 10 taels of silver will be your reward for doing things. I will give you 10 taels of silver every month later."
Hearing that he could get 20 taels of silver a month, Xiaowuzi's eyes were a little blurred. He bowed his head and said with a sincere look, "Your Highness, I'm willing to go through fire and water. From tomorrow on, no, from tonight on, I promise to send you food on time every day."
Fang Ling nodded and said, “Very good. In the future, I will definitely have a lot of tasks for you. As long as you do a good job, you will be rewarded. However...”
Hearing Fang Ling lower his voice, Xiaowuzi understood and said, “I understand. Your Imperial Highness, do not worry. Although I am greedy for money, I know when to stop. I will absolutely keep the secret.”
“Alright, then I’ll wait for your news tonight.” Fang Ling nodded. Although Little Wu’s words couldn’t be trusted completely, to a eunuch without rank, twenty taels a month was enough to feed him until he was full. If he added a little more, he would be like that little white dog.
When he entered the palace, Fang Ling heated up the food. When he arrived at the courtyard in front of the wing room, his mother, also pushed open the door and walked out.
Imperial Concubine Su' complexion improved a lot because of the medicine last night. When she saw Fang Ling carrying a lunch box over, she sighed softly and said, "Ling'er, I'm sorry for making you suffer."
"Mother, it's fine," Fang Ling said, chuckling. He placed the food onto the stone table in the courtyard, then picked up the chopsticks and handed them to his mother.
Although these dishes were all made of high-quality ingredients and tasted delicious, Fang Ling felt that it was tasteless to chew. He asked intentionally or unintentionally, "Mother, do you want to leave the palace?"
"Leave the palace?" Imperial Concubine Suwas stunned. She looked at her son sensitively and asked, "You want to leave the palace?"
“No, I’m just asking.” Fang Ling immediately shook his head. He was well aware of his mother’s character. If she knew that he left the palace, she would probably be extremely worried.
Imperial Concubine Su heaved a sigh of relief. She took a bite of the dishes and said with a sigh, "I really want to leave the palace, but the palace doors are as deep as the sea. It is difficult to enter, but even harder to leave."
“Then if we leave the palace, where do you want to go?” Fang Ling asked curiously.
Imperial Concubine Su showed a rare smile and said, "Wei City, of course."
“Wei City?” Fang Ling asked curiously.
Su Mei then said, "Wei City is my hometown, which is very far to the east of Chu State." When she spoke of this, her expression became slightly gloomy. "Since I was banished to the Cold Palace, I don't know how my parents and family are doing. I also asked Guard Dong to check it out these years, but there was no news of them."
"Mother, don't worry. Grandfather and the others will have their own astronomical phenomena. Nothing will happen to them." Fang Ling promptly said. He then changed the topic. However, in his heart, he firmly remembered Wei City.

Read all chapters free on Meganovel:https://m.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218135/Fantasy/Cultivation-Life-with-Alchemy

0