Volume 1 Chapter 19 Prison Calamity
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For several days in a row, there was no news of Imperial Physician Chen in the Imperial Hospital, but the people of here were not in a hurry. On the one hand, Imperial Physician Chen had always been gentle, and he often asked for leave all year round, so they thought of him as taking leave.
However, Fang Ling was not as relaxed as others. The time until the prison to clean the corpse away was closer. If he missed this chance, it would be even harder for him to save the female assassin.
In addition, if he was truly able to acquire the pill formula for the Heaven Concealing Pill, he would be able to use it not only to save the female assassin, but also in other places in the future.
What was more troublesome was that he asked Lin Mowen to inquire about the residence of Imperial Physician Chen, but no one knew.
Early in the morning, Fang Ling came to the rented house again. Just as he had finished making the honey pills and was about to go out, there was a knock on the door from outside.
"Who is it?" Fang Ling asked, feeling a little on guard. The rent was for three months, and the landlord probably wouldn't come here for no reason. Who else would come except the landlord?
"Open the door quickly. I'm the constable of the Ministry of Justice, Ren Huaian. I'm ordered to search for the criminals!" There came a violent knock on the door and a man's rough voice from outside.
“Search for criminals?” Fang Ling furrowed his brows, but still walked over to open the door.
As soon as he opened the door, he saw a tall, burly man in his thirties standing outside. The full beard on his face matched his voice quite well.
He wore the uniform of a constable with a long knife hanging on his waist. He seemed to think that Fang Ling opened the door too slowly, so he glared at him fiercely, and then looked around the yard and waved his hand, "Search!"
Five or six constables scuttled inside as soon as he’d finished speaking and began to search the house. When Little White saw that so many unfamiliar people had entered, it crawled out of its kennel and stared at the group warily.
Fang Ling stood quietly in the yard and watched these people rummage through everything, including many small places, as if they were not looking for someone, but for something.
Soon, several constables came back and shook their heads. Ren Huaian did not intend to leave. Instead, he pointed to the rows of preserved pills in the yard and asked, "What are these?"
"They are medicinal pill," replied Fang Ling coolly.
Ren Huaian sneered, pointed wildly outside and inside the room, and said, "Pills? I don't think this house is yours, is it? It feels suspicious to rent a house to make pills. Please come with us to the Ministry of Justice!"
"What?" Fang Ling frowned. This constable didn't seem to be joking, but he wanted him to go to the Ministry of Justice for such a small matter? Fang Ling was not afraid, but just felt that it was making a big deal out of nothing.
Ren Huaian raised his chin arrogantly and sneered. "What's wrong? Feeling guilty?"
"I didn't do anything bad. How could I feel guilty? But is it necessary to take me to the Ministry of Justice for such a small thing like making medicine?" Fang Ling asked doubtfully.
Ren Huaian snorted heavily and shouted, "Are you a constable or not? How dare you question me at such a young age? Guards, take him away!"
Seeing Ren Huaian take advantage of his power to bully others, Fang Ling subconsciously touched the waist token in his arms and wondered if it was time to take it out at this time. However, this eunuch's waist token was quite important, so he didn't want to expose his identity so as not to cause unnecessary trouble. He loosened his hand again. Maybe it would be all right when he went to the Ministry of Justice to talk about his cooperation with Renxin Hall.
Thus, Fang Ling followed Ren Huaian’s group out. It didn’t take long for them to reach the location of the Ministry of Justice.
The Ministry of Justice was the highest administrative structure in the Chu State. It was in charge of all of the criminal affairs in the country. It was also responsible for reviewing the cases that the Central Judicial Department was investigating. Together with the Central Judicial Department and the Department of Supervision, it was one of the core institutions of the country. The minister of the Ministry of Justice was a first-class official with a prominent status.
No matter ordinary people or officials, they were full of awe for the Ministry of Justice. If there was nothing, they were naturally unwilling to have anything to do with it.
In front of the door of the Ministry of Justice, two ferocious and terrifying stone lions could be seen. The courtyard was connected in all directions, and there were guards everywhere with securities.
Walking through the door, Ren Huaian said to one of the constables behind him, "Take him to have a rest first. I'll report to the officer."
The constable bowed in reply before he led Fang Ling towards a path on the left. However, when they arrived at the place, Fang Ling finally understood what this “rest” meant. They’d actually entered the prison!
The dark cell door emitted a gloomy aura. Before they entered, they could see a pair of wolf-like eyes in the cell, as if what were locked inside were not human, but wild wolves.
Fang Ling could not help but frown, “How long do I have to stay here before I can leave?”
The constable grinned and said, "Boy, don’t you still understand why you are here?"
"What do you mean?" Fang Ling asked.
The constable stroked his chin playfully. "Do you think everyone can be locked up in the prison of the Ministry of Justice? It's crowded then. I'll tell you the truth. You've offended someone you shouldn't offend."
Hearing this, Fang Ling frowned, but he couldn't remember who exactly hated him so much that they wanted him to come to the Ministry of Justice. He sorted out all the information networks outside the palace. He suddenly had an answer.
The constable seemed to understand his expression and said with a smile, "It seems that you've figured it out. I'll let you go in and think about it now. I'll call you later. If you hand over the prescription obediently, you can leave at any time. If you're stubborn, hehe... you'll have a hard time."
Fang Ling’s face darkened. Sure enough, Yu Tiancheng was behind this! He didn’t expect him to design on the prescription and to use such dirty methods.
A cold smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Originally, he didn't have time to argue with Yu Tiancheng, but he didn't expect that Yu Tiancheng would take the initiative to make trouble for him. Then, let's see who would have the last laugh. He was not in a hurry to take out his waist token and followed the constable into the depths of the cell.
The constable stopped in front of a cell. There were seven or eight people locked up in it. Some were big and some were thin, but their expressions were fierce. The leader was a tall man in his thirties. He had a long scar on his face, bulging muscles, and cold eyes.
The constable smiled faintly and said, “Brat, I believe this place will let you know the benefits of telling the truth. Call me loudly if you understand.”
As soon as he finished speaking, he opened up the cell and pushed Fang Ling in.
Fang Ling was shocked when he walked over because he saw a middle-aged man in his forties sitting in the corner. Although the man's hair was a little messy, he could tell at a glance that it was Imperial Physician Chen!
At this time, Imperial Physician Chen was sitting in the corner with scars on his face, as if he had been beaten.
As if hearing someone coming in, Imperial Physician Chen opened his eyes. When he saw Fang Ling, he was shocked and immediately stood up.
Fang Ling hastily rushed over and half-squatted as he said in a low voice, “The situation is special, there’s no need for you to bow.”
"Your... Your Highness, why are you here?" Imperial Physician Chen asked in astonishment.
Fang Ling didn’t reply. Instead, he asked, “Why are you here?”
Imperial Physician Chen’s face turned red and hesitated for a moment before replying, "I don’t have any other hobbies and only likes to gamble on a small amount of money. As a result, my luck was too good at the gambling den a few days ago and I won too much. Who knew that the backing of the gambling den was actually the officer of the Ministry of Justice and I ended up being brought to prison."
When Fang Ling heard this, he understood. After all, the Imperial Hospital was located in the palace and gambling was prohibited in the palace. Even if people wanted to gamble, they had to do it secretly. However, if they were caught in gambling and their identities were exposed, they would be punished once they were sent to the palace.
His heart shook as he probed. “You wouldn’t have been captured by a constable called Ren Huaian, right?”
"How do you know, Your Highness?" Imperial Physician Chen was stunned.
At this moment, Fang Ling already had a rough idea in his heart. It seemed that the two of them had fallen into the same group of people’s trap. However, it was truly great to be able to find Imperial Physician Chen here.
At this time, the scar-faced man said, "What? You two used to know each other? That's great. Xiaoan, go and catch that guy!"
A skinny guy sneered as he walked over. Fang Ling swept his gaze over the few of them coldly and asked Imperial Physician Chen, “Were you beaten by them?”
"Be careful, Your Highness, these people are all ruffians on the streets!" Imperial Physician Chen immediately stood up, wanting to protect Fang Ling.
Fang Ling smiled faintly and put Chen behind him. At the same time, Xiaoan had approached him and reached out to grab his shoulder.
Fang Ling had been taught martial arts by Dong Canghai since he was a child, so no matter if it was punches or kicks, he was extremely skilled. He seemed slow but was actually swift as he stretched out his hand and grabbed Xiaoan’s hand with a flip of his hand. At the same time, his fingers stabbed into the meridians on Xiaoan’s wrist like the claw of an eagle.
With one hand restrained, Fang Ling exerted a little strength, and Xiaoan’s body twisted along with his hand, causing him to cry out miserably in pain.
Without the slightest hesitation, Fang Ling fiercely chopped at Xiaoan's neck with his palm. XXiaoan couldn't bear the force and immediately fainted.
Seeing that Fang Ling knocked Xiaoan unconscious at such a young age, the scar-faced man couldn't help but say with a gloomy face, "Kid, how dare you beat him here? Beat him!"
The six thugs rushed forward, preparing to teach Fang Ling a lesson. However, Fang Ling’s martial arts skills weren’t that simple. A hint of ruthlessness flashed through his eyes. His punches and kicks were as fast as lightning. Three punches and three kicks rendered the six of them unable to fight back. Then, he added his punches and kicks, knocking them out one by one.
The scar-faced man's face suddenly changed. Clenching his teeth, he stood up, shouted angrily and rushed over. Raising his fists, he threw a punch at Fang Ling.
Fang Ling knew exactly where he was coming from. He deflected the incoming fist with one hand and punched him in the face.
The scar-faced man didn't show any cruelty at all. He immediately covered his nose and cried out in pain. Fang Ling didn't show mercy. He raised his leg and kicked him hard on the neck, knocking him out.
Imperial Physician Chen watched all of this dumbfoundedly and was speechless for a moment. When did the usually submissive First Prince become so skilled in martial arts?
The eight of them were swept to the ground in the blink of an eye.
After doing all this, Fang Ling patted his clothes gently and said to Imperial Physician Chen, "Can Imperial Physician keep this a secret for me?"
Imperial Physician Chen immediately said, "Your Highness, you are the master and I am a physician. I naturally won’t say anything."
Fang Ling smiled and said, "I believe in you. For so many years, you are the best to me and my mother in the Imperial Hospital."
Imperial Physician Chen was flattered and said, "This is our duty as a subject."
Fang Ling said, "Wait a minute, Imperial Physician. I'll find a way to go out with you."
Imperial Physician Chen couldn't help reminding him, "Your Highness, you... can't expose your identity. The Prime Minister has eyes and ears everywhere in the Ministry of Justice. What if the Empress hears about it..."
Seeing that he was worried for him, Fang Ling was touched and said, “Imperial Physician Chen, do not worry. I am not stupid enough to expose my identity.” After he finished speaking, he raised his voice towards the outside, “I wish to see your officer!”
Not long afterwards, the constable from earlier leisurely walked over and said with a smile, “You figured it out so quickly? It seems like you’re quite smart.”
Hence, he led Fang Ling out of the hall.

Read all chapters free on Meganovel:https://m.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218135/Fantasy/Cultivation-Life-with-Alchemy

0