Volume 2 Chapter 1 Awareness
75 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking out of the Ministry of Justice, Imperial Physician Chen took a deep breath and said respectfully and gratefully, "Thank you, Your Highness."
Fang Ling smiled faintly, but sighed in his heart. A Sixth-class Manager dared to frame him, let alone other high-ranking officials. Who knew how many wronged cases there were in the prison of the Ministry of Justice?
After taking a few steps, he turned back and asked, "If Imperial Physician Chen is not busy, how about coming to the place I rent?"
"Yes, Your Majesty." Imperial Physician Chen was stunned for a moment, but he still responded quickly.
When they arrived at Fang Ling's residence, the pills in the yard had already been looted, and the outside of the house was in a mess. When the little white dog saw its master coming back, it immediately came out of its kennel and wagged its tail hard. Then it stared at Imperial Physician Chen with vigilance and barked wildly a few times.
When Fang Ling saw how loyal it was to its master, he immediately burst into laughter and caressed its head to make it obediently return to its kennel. Imperial Physician Chen was the first to jump in shock but he didn’t forget to look at both sides of the door. When he saw no one following them, he closed the door.
Fang Ling carried two stools to the yard and motioned Imperial Physician Chen to sit down. However, Imperial Physician Chen was very respectful and he didn't dare to sit with Fang Ling. Fang Ling could only sit down by himself and let him stand aside. Then he pursed his lips slightly and asked bluntly, "Imperial Physician Chen, do you know about the Heaven Concealment Pill?"
Imperial Physician Chen didn’t expect Fang Ling to suddenly ask this question and was suddenly astonished. His expression changed almost instantly and then he seemed to have come to a realization, "Your Imperial Highness, could it be... you want to leave the palace?"
These words and Imperial Physician Chen’s ever-changing expression excited Fang Ling. Imperial Physician Chen must know some clues about the Heaven Concealment Pill!
Imperial Physician Chen thought he had guessed correctly when Fang Ling remained silent. He frowned deeply and after thinking for a long time, he cupped his hands together and said, "Your Highness, forgive me for daring to say this. If you use the Heaven Conceament Pill to leave the palace. Once this matter is exposed, your life will be in danger. Even if you escape from the palace, you would have to conceal your identity for the rest of your life and live a life of fear. Furthermore, Empress has numerous eyes and ears. It would be even worse if she finds any clues in the future."
Hearing Imperial Physician Chen’s heartfelt worries, Fang Ling could not help but be moved. Money could only bribe vile characters. Those who could not be bribed with money were truly loyal subjects and capable offcials. Let alone with his current status, he could still consider his own well-being. Fang Ling could not help but exclaim, “Many thanks for Imperial Physician Chen’s misgivings. However, I am not using the pill to leave the palace.”
Hearing this, Imperial Physician Chen let out a sigh of relief and then said doubtfully, "Your Highness, what do you mean..."
Fang Ling said lightly, "I heard that an imperial concubine pretended to be dead during the former emperor's reign. At that time, there was an imperial physician surnamed Cao whose whole family was executed because of this incident. Imperial Physician Chen seemed to be his servant at that time, right?"
Imperial Physician Chen’s expression changed again when he heard this, a bitter smile on his face, “Your Imperial Highness truly knows the whole story. There is indeed such a thing.”
Fang Ling looked at him seriously and said word by word, "Then Imperial Physician Chen, tell me honestly, how much do you know about the Heaven Concealment Pill?"
Although Imperial Physician Chen had his head lowered, from Fang Ling’s angle, he could clearly see the complicated expression on his face. Even if he couldn’t see it, the slight trembling of his shoulders showed his internal struggle. In the end, he plopped to his knees and said, “Your Imperial Highness, I truly know the formula to Heaven Concealment Pill!”
"What?" Fang Ling's pupils suddenly enlarged, and he was overjoyed. He had thought that Imperial Physician Chen only knew some information about the Heaven Concealment Pill, but he didn't expect that he even knew the prescription, which meant that the Heaven Concealment Pill was easy to get. How could Fang Ling not be surprised?
At this moment, Imperial Physician Chen lowered his head and continued, "Forgive me for daring to make a request before presenting the prescription to you!"
Fang Ling didn’t give it much thought before he hurriedly waved his hand and said, “Feel free to speak your request.”
Imperial Physician Chen straightened his back and his normally squinted eyes revealed a glimmer as he gravely said, “When Your Highness becomes the emperor in the future, please quell my master’s rebellion!”
"What?" Fang Ling was stunned. He had never expected Imperial Physician Chen to make such a request. Because of the matter of the Heaven Concealment Pill, he had just been wild with joy and had lost his composure. He should have been surprised when Imperial Physician Chen made the request, but he had not expected that Imperial Physician Chen would actually mention his future ascension to the throne. However, in Fang Ling's heart, he had never thought of becoming the emperor.
Imperial Physician Chen changed from his usual lazy appearance and said with a resolute expression, "The matter of the Heaven Concealment Pill is of great importance. No matter if Your Highness believes my one-sided statement or not, I can vouch for every word with my life."
"Imperial Physician Chen, please speak." Fang Ling could tell that there was more to this story than met the eye, so he didn't think much of his request and nodded slightly.
Imperial Physician Chen continued, “Twenty years ago, the late emperor doted on Concubine Liu and had always wanted to make her empress. However, Concubine Liu was born in the common family. Both the offcials and the relatives of the emperor, felt that it was inappropriate. Instead, they favored Concubine Jiang. In order to completely sever the former emperor’s intentions of making Concubine Liu the empress, the Jiang family was adept at playing politics and was tactful. In order to bribe the eunuchs in the palace to harm Concubine Liu. At the time, the Cai State in the north had invaded and the late emperor had personally come to attack, Concubine Jiang had no qualms about openly harming Concubine Liu. As a result, she found my master and wanted to escape from the palace.”
“As a result, my master was ordered to find the ancient prescription ‘Heaven Concealment Pill’. He created Liu’s ‘false death’ and sent her out of the palace. In the end, Wang Juming exposed the secret. After Concubine Liu left the palace, her fate was unknown and she was charged with having an affair with the palace’s guard. My master’s entire family was also executed.”
Fang Ling's heart sank when he heard this. He didn't expect so many people to get involved in this matter. Wasn't Imperial Concubine Jiang the Empress of the previous emperor? It was said that she was also a woman of great power. As for Wang Juming, he turned out to be one of Empress Jiang's people. He was promoted step by step and eventually became the dean of the Imperial hospital because he exposed the secret.
Looking at Imperial Physician Chen's heavy face, Fang Ling also sighed secretly and said, "I know you are not a liar, and you will not tell such a big lie to me, but I'm afraid it's too early for me to talk about becoming the emperor."
Imperial Physician Chen explained, “I have watched Your Imperial Highness grow up. Your Imperial Highness’s forbearance and tenacity are definitely not something that can be compared to those of your age. Compared to the overbearing Crown Prince, Your Imperial Highness has the aptitude to become a wise emperor.”
“A wise emperor?” Fang Ling smiled wryly. Right now, the only thing he could think of was to escape from the palace with his mother and live the life of an ordinary person. However, if he were to tell Imperial Physician Chen of this matter, it was likely that he would not give him the prescription of the Heaven Concealment Pill.
Imperial Physician Chen seemed to understand Fang Ling’s expression and suddenly said, "If Your Highness doesn’t have the consciousness to become an emperor, you won’t be able to truly protect your mother!"
"What do you mean?" asked Fang Ling, frowning.
Imperial Physician Chen answered bluntly, “Just now, I have already stated that it is only your wishful thinking to leave the palace and live incognito. Once the Empress learns of this, she will definitely deliver a fatal blow. This is because she will absolutely not permit you to do anything that will threaten Her Imperial Highness and the Crown Prince’s status.”
“Since I’ve escaped from the palace, that means I have no intentions of going against her.” said Fang Ling.
Imperial Physician Chen smiled and replied, "You are too naive. What you think does not represent what others think. Your Imperial Highness should know that on the Crown Prince’s wedding day, Prime Minister Cui and Empress Song’s power and influence will combine into one, covering the sky. However, there are other powers in the court. To them, Your Imperial Highness is the only one who can overthrow this power because only Your Imperial Highness has the blood of the royal family flowing in your veins. Therefore, regardless of whether you wants to or not, these powers will come looking for you. This is also what the Empress does not wish to see the most."
Hearing this, Fang Ling's heart trembled. Imperial Physician Chen's words were like a sudden enlightenment. Indeed, he had been thinking about his own thoughts, but he did not consider other people's thoughts. If other forces really wanted to support him, the Empress would definitely regard him as a mistress and would definitely kill him!
There was no impenetrable wall in the world. Who could guarantee that they could keep it a secret forever after leaving the palace?
Imperial Physician Chen said fiercely, "Even if you don't care about it, will you be willing to see the arrogant Crown Prince ascend to the throne and put the people in danger? Or does you really not know that it was the Empress who caused the matter of your mother’s involvement in the rebellion?"
Fang Ling was originally shaken, but when he heard this, it was undoubtedly like a bolt from the blue. He said in shock, “What did you say?”
Imperial Physician Chen said, "I guess Her Highness was worried about you so she didn’t tell you. Actually, Her Highness is innocent and has nothing to do with any rebellion case. If you don’t believe me, you can go back and ask your mother!"
Fang Ling frowned deeply, looked at Imperial Physician Chen seriously, and said word by word, "Imperial Physician Chen, is what you said true?"
Although Imperial Physician Chen could feel Fang Ling’s piercing gaze, he did not avoid it in the slightest. He asked, “Your Imperial Highness, what reason do I have to deceive you?”
Fang Ling raised his head and took a deep breath. A volcano-like anger suddenly filled his heart and spread to all parts of his body. Only by clenching his fists could he stop himself from roaring.
He could bear the humiliation that he had suffered in the past 16 years, in order to ensure his mother's safety for the rest of her life. However, it was not so free to escape from the palace. What was more terrible was that the Empress was the chief culprit of the rebellion back then. Her mother's miserable 16 years were all caused by her. However, Empress Song lived a free and easy life. She was high above the masses and made everyone answer her command.
Yes, he did not intend to be the emperor, but if he had to take revenge on Empress Song, he had to become the emperor!
He let out a long sigh of relief and asked in a deep voice, "Imperial Physician Chen, what is the awareness of becoming an emperor?"

Read all chapters free on Meganovel:https://m.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218135/Fantasy/Cultivation-Life-with-Alchemy

0