2. Fight
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Lyvin

 

Species: Demon larva - level 3 (+0)

General abilities:
[Racial] Language comprehension: level 1 [MAX]
Inspection: level 3

 

Class points: 2

Class 1: Locked

Class 2: Locked

 

Stat points: 23

Vitality: 5
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 5
Intelligence: 1

 

The Demon Larva charged at us with its 10 limbs. It was another thoughtless one. 

Everyone began running from this Larva, it seemed like it would be at least level 6, probably more. It had the standard two eyes and one mouth, but it also had horns, which it put forward in its charge. Its top seemed to have a shell to protect its normal body and it was fast. 

I saw how fast it was, guessing that everyone here would die if we didn't kill it. It had now already killed two level 1 Demon Larvae and was running to one of the two level 2 Larvae. It killed it and stopped, I took that as a sign to start running at it. 

What I didn't expect was that its limbs grew thicker and it itself also grew by a little. It seemed like it had levelled up and directly chosen new upgrades.

I didn't stop my charge, investing 5 more stat points into dexterity, making my body move even faster. 

The mindless Larva was charging at its fifth target - the level 5 larva - and jumped on its back. The demon didn't notice it so I tried to bite in its back. 

The result was that I didn't get through. I understood that with more strength I could bite through it and damage it, but as I was about to do that, a thought came to my mind. 

I can strengthen an attack with Mana, right? Why don't I use that first before spending points?

I ordered the Mana within me to go to my teeth and strengthen them. Upon this thought, I did feel some sort of energy moving through my body, like blood through my veins and the feeling of touch through my nerves. My teeth seemed to shine with some kind of magic and I bit into the Larva again. 

Just as I bit it, it bit into the level 5 Larva, killing him. My attack penetrated the shell and the Demon shook. I fell off. It turned towards me with rage in its eyes. 

It seemed mana was more effective in hurting this Demon than just strength. But I also felt tired from using it once. I couldn't move quickly anymore so I invested a whole 9 points into intelligence. Feeling refreshed, I charged another attack, feeling it being much stronger. I also saw that there was something else moving around me, but what mattered now was killing this demon so it wouldn't kill me.

The last two demons, a level 1 and a level 2, were already out of my sight, so I stood alone against an enemy.. 

[Demon larva - level 6]

Twice my level.

* * * * *

The mindless Demon Larva charged at me. I tried to dodge to the right, but it saw me make the move and turned left, charging at me with its horns. I jumped at the last moment, the Larva moving past underneath me and stopping to turn around. 

I used this moment to charge my attack. When it was fully charged within my teeth and foremost left limb, I charged at the enemy, it was doing the same. When we were about to clash, I jumped slightly to my right, slashing at it with my limb, grabbing hold of the wound in the shell and pulling myself down to its side, trying to bite it.

The Demon Larva turned around and avoided my bite. It returned the gesture by swinging at me with its foremost limbs. I avoided one but the other one hit me and I was thrown to the side, falling back. I was badly hurt and it charged at me.

Instead of trying to dodge or jump like I had done before, I charged both of my front limbs with mana and awaited the Larva’s attack. When it came in range, I slashed through the horns and struck its head whilst it was trying to stop its charge. The mindless Demon larva rose up and started swinging, throwing me off of it.

I was now low on mana, not yet exhausted but I was slower than normal. I spent another five points on intelligence, bringing it up to 15. I was going to raise my stats after the fight, for now I’d just need to invest them whenever I had a problem. The demon didn’t charge at me, instead staring at me before screeching again like it had done before.

Because it wasn’t going to move, I took the initiative and charged at it with one fully charged limb. I first moved my left limb and it dodged to the right.

Then came the surprise! I had charged my right limb with mana! I struck it quickly in its eye and black blood gushed out. The mindless Demon couldn’t see me anymore, both within its vision and it's attention, which was turned to the bleeding. It screeched one last time, rising up to the ground, before slamming down in a last ditch effort to kill me. I dodged and it died.

Defeated an enemy:
[Demon Larva - level 6]
Gained experience.
Gained more experience for fighting an overwhelming foe. 

Species levelled up:
Demon larva: level 3 > 4
Gained Stat points (5) and Class points (1). 

Species levelled up:
Demon larva: level 4 > 5
Gained Stat points (5) and Class points (1). 

Ho ho ho! Two levels! Now, what am I going to do? I was surrounded by white gravel all around, only the dead Demon larvae nearby and the mountains and black rain visible in the distance. All the others had already fled and I was alone again... nothing that I could’ve done about that I guess.

I had already decided that I would look at my stats and use them during the fight, so that’s what I was going to do now. After that, I should just wander to the storm which was now raging in the background, black rain seeming like a black curtain before the view of the mountains behind it.

I decided to stop loitering about and started concentrating on my stats.

Stat points: 14

Vitality: 5
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 10
Constitution: 5
Intelligence: 15

I looked at my stats. My strength seemed to be lacking so I put a few points in for insurance. If there was a hostile Demon larva which had a high constitution, my mana would be far less effective than against this one.

For the reason of not wanting to be killed by Mana attacks myself, I upped constitution by 3 and also vitality by 2 so it wouldn’t be too far behind. This left me with five points.

I spent four on intelligence and the last one on dexterity. I needed attack strength more than speed, as I had almost no problems with my speed during the battles.

Stat points: 0

Vitality: 7
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 19

With my stats chosen, I picked a random direction and started walking again. While walking, I again started to notice weird... movements, like there was something calmly floating about. When I concentrated on it further, I realised it was ambient Mana. I stopped walking for a moment, mesmerised by the beautiful patterns of strings, swirls and lone particles. I reached out one of my front limbs and moved through one of the lines. To my surprise, it reacted a little. I moved my hand through it, but faster. It didn’t have a stronger effect.

I tried it a few more times, before thinking, what if I imbued my hand with mana and then tried to move the Mana. I actually held on to it now.

Obtained a General ability:
Mana manipulation: level 1
Gained experience. 

I let go of the string I was holding and jumped back at the message. Where did that one come from?!

I realised that it was because I was able to move the Mana that I got the ability, which was the same as with inspection. Maybe there were more abilities like that?

I haven’t gotten a walking ability yet, despite me walking a lot with that group. I should just try out this Mana manipulation for now.

I started playing, starting to dance around instead of walking. The threads could be intertwined in ways that created bursts of energy or weird pulling forces before they stabilised. I resumed walking as I made different patterns and started feeling much more control over the Mana inside of me. 

After some experimentation, I thought about creating a flow like the rivers I had passed at the start of the journey. It was when I weaved lines which moved like water through a passing, did something truly bountiful happen.

Water replaced the Mana.

Levelled a General ability:
Inspection: level 3 > 4
Gained experience.

Levelled a General ability:
Mana manipulation: level 1 > 2
Gained experience. 

Levelled a General ability:
Mana manipulation: level 2 > 3
Gained experience. 

Conditions met: Class 1 available.

0