Chapter 17 — A Way To Leave The Village
1.7k 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–––––––––––

Normal Quest Completed!

Rewards: Answer To The Caravan Question

Issuer: [NPC] Horpa

–––––––––––

"The caravan visits the village around the third month of the year. They will charge you 30 gold to arrive in the nearest city," Horpa said.

"30 gold!?" Misho exclaimed.

"Of course. They have several Essence Sea cultivators protecting them. I spoke to one of the merchants, and he said that recruiting them is very expensive."

"Ughhh… How do I earn one gold coin?" Misho asked.

He just spent all of his money on opening a stupid gacha. If he had known this before, he would have saved some. After all, going to the city should be the priority.

Once they arrive in a city, there would be more opportunities—new quests, items helpful for cultivation, and useful devices like a clock.

"I'm the lumberjack for this village, and I sell ten one foot-sized firewood for one gold," Horpa replied.

"...No way."

Misho was frustrated. The only choice left was cultivating and traveling to the city themselves.

"Uncle Horpa, what month is it today? I forgot, tehe~" Maia asked shyly.

"O-Oh… It's almost the end of the second month of the year," Horpa replied and faintly blushed after seeing Maia's cute reaction.

"Mi– I mean, Quarter, we can make it," Maia said.

"What? We don't have any money to pay the caravan," Misho replied in puzzlement.

"Uncle Horpa, do they charge 30 gold for each person?" Maia asked as she turned to him.

"They allow two people, but one must help them sort through their goods," Horpa answered.

"See, we can do it, Quarter," Maia said.

"Do you have any money?" Misho asked her.

He doubted her. After all, they spent all of their money yesterday.

Maia leaned towards Misho and whispered to his ear.

"I didn't spend all of my money last night."

Misho's eyes widened, and hope filled his eyes. If she bought the loot box instead, then she would still have 25 gold left. They only needed five more gold, which shouldn't be that hard.

"You're a lifesaver, Maisha!" Misho shouted and embraced her.

"M-M-Misho?!"

Maia became panicked and flustered. Their passionate kiss last night was still fresh in her mind.

"Thank you, Uncle Horpa. Do you need any help? We can be your assistants," Misho said and smiled at him.

He ignored the flustering Maia and kept hugging her. He was more focused on the fact that they found a way to go to the city.

"R-Really? That's great news! Almost no one wants to help me in the village!" Horpa rejoiced happily.

"How much would you pay us?" Misho asked.

"Hmmm… How about one gold for every five trees you two can fall?"

"Deal!" Misho agreed instantly.

From the way their lumberjacking went earlier, he was confident that this job would be a breeze.

"Good! I can use your help right now," Horpa said with a smile on his face.

–––––––––––

Special Quest Accepted!

Goal: Help Horpa clear the forest.

Rewards: 1 gold for every five fallen trees.

Issuer: [NPC] Horpa

Failure to do the quest will make an unfavorable impression on Horpa. Village reputation would plummet.

–––––––––––

As if it wanted attention, Misho's stomach started growling.

*Grrrrrrr…*

Misho held his growling stomach in embarrassment and released Maia from his embrace.

"W-We still haven't eaten breakfast yet," Misho said embarrassedly.

"Yes. We also have to do something else," Maia added.

"Alright. The two of you can find me at the lumber house. Everyone knows where I live, so it shouldn't be hard for the two of you to find me," Horpa replied.

"See you, Uncle Horpa!" Maia waved her hand at him.

Horpa returned it back with a wave of his own. She and Misho went back to Gerald's house.

"Misho, you didn't save money last night?" Maia asked with a slight frown on her face.

"It's free money. Besides, I could have gotten a Tier 5 item," Misho replied casually.

"You should learn to save money, Misho. Look, if I didn't save money, then w-we would have been forced to h-hold our hands again…" Maia said with a red face.

Just thinking about holding hands made her feel hot even though she wasn't supposed to be embarrassed about it. After what happened last night, she found it somewhat arousing for some reason.

"..."

Misho shut his mouth. He wanted to say that he didn't mind, but he was afraid that she would become angry at him.

As a wise man once said, arguing with a woman will lead you nowhere. It was better to shut your mouth and accept their logic.

They entered back inside Gerald's house and found Kea sitting beside Gerald.

"Good morning!" Kea said once she saw them enter the door.

"Good morning," Misho replied.

"Good morning, Auntie!" Maia replied.

"Have you two eaten yet?" Kea asked.

"Not yet," Maia replied.

"Then, eat with us. I will go get the bread," Kea replied and stood up.

Misho and Maia sat on their seats and waited for her to return. They then ate their breakfast with the married couple.

After they were done, they returned to their room.

"Misho, I want to try learning this Tier 1 Spell Art," Maia said.

"Okay."

Maia sat on the bed and unrolled the scroll. There were at least 1000 words in it that detailed how to use the spell art.

"This spell art is called the Fireball. It creates a ball of flame that you can throw. Then it will act like a Molotov once it hit the ground," Maia read.

"I'm envious…" Misho said as he sat beside her.

"You will get one soon, Misho," Maia consoled him.

She then continued reading on. After reading for several minutes, she closed her eyes and sat on the bed with her legs crossed.

Maia extended her hand, and glowing red particles of dust appeared from her hand and gathered into a swirling ball. But before she could finish it, it scattered into nothing.

"I need to read the rest," Maia said.

She grabbed the scroll beside her and continued reading. After almost a dozen minutes, she finished.

She repeated the same steps, and the red specks of dust swirled on top of her hand and formed a…

18