Chapter 22 — Freewind Villagers
1.1k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many female villagers suddenly ran out of their houses. They ran to their own circle of barricades and enclosed themselves inside.

The barricades were called spike barricades. They used sharp wood to deter anyone from running into it.

Maia grabbed Misho's hand and brought her to the closest one.

Kea was already there with the unconscious player lying on the ground. She held onto the barricade with her hand, ready to close it once they entered.

*VOOOO~~!*

A heavy and loud rumble of a horn sounded from the east. Horpa ran to them with an army of goblins behind him.

They were green and hideous with sharp and pointed ears. Their eyes radiated chaos and greed.

Maia and Misho successfully entered the barricade, and Kea immediately closed it.

Maia gripped Misho's hand tighter.

"Stand behind me," Kea said.

She had a serious look on her face. It wasn't the innocent face that the two of them were used to seeing.

They instinctively nodded their heads and went behind her.

"O' Aleshia, bearer of yin and darkness, Moonly Shadow!"

Suddenly, a bright and bluish-white moon appeared behind Kea. It floated above her head and cast its light in front of her.

Horpa jumped to the ground when he saw her spell art. The goblins behind him became excited and ran even more vigorously.

"Gaha!"

But just as they thought that they would reach Horpa, the moonlight shone on their bodies. The places exposed to the light started getting covered in black frost.

In the other barricade circles, the same thing was happening. The female villagers cast the same spell art. It looked like a dozen small moons appeared in the sky from afar.

The goblins continued running without realizing the effects of the spell.

"W-What is this spell art..?" Misho asked in disbelief.

"We are all Essence Lake cultivators here," Kea replied as she continued maintaining the spell art.

After Kea said that, her spell art suddenly faded and disappeared.

"Ah! I'm already out of yin energy…" Kea moaned in frustration.

The same thing happened to the other female villagers.

"Where are the men?!" Misho asked in a panic.

He couldn't see anyone.

"Attack!"

Before Kea could answer his question, a loud voice shouted from behind them. The male villagers held wooden spears that glowed with white light.

"AHHHHH!!!"

"HAAAAAHH!!"

Gerald was with them, and they charged to the goblins together.

The goblins affected by the black frost stopped moving as it was too painful if they did so. Their skins got frostbite.

Horpa saw this as his chance, and he stood up and ran to them.

The male villagers avoided him and stabbed the incapacitated goblins. Meanwhile, more goblins continued pouring towards them.

Gerald stabbed a goblin at its torso with his glowing white spear and kicked it off his spear. He then aimed at another one and did the same thing.

"Wow…"

Both Misho and Maia were amazed. They fought like an army.

A man walked towards them from behind.

"Boy, good job," he said.

Misho turned his head and looked at him.

The man was in his forties. He had some white spots on his hair and a kind look in his eyes. He was also holding a spear in his hand.

"Um… Who are you?" Misho asked in confusion.

"Hahahaha! I'm Trepe, the village chief," Trepe replied with a laugh.

"You did all of this?" Misho asked.

"Of course. I experienced the goblin attack twenty years ago. I hate them to the bones. Most of the survivors that time were children, and they were Kea and the others."

"You prepared for another attack?"

"I even wanted to hunt them down. You don't know how they treated my wife…" Trepe said with gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry," Misho said.

"Don't worry. I will get my revenge soon!" Trepe said and ran to the battle.

He joined the others and started stabbing the goblins with his spear. By this time, most of the goblins that were affected by the black frost were already dead.

The goblins held their clubs and swung them around without any rhyme or reason. It might make them seem weak, but it was exactly because they weren't thinking about it that made it hard for the male villagers to predict their movement.

Currently, about 60 male villagers were fighting. One of them mispredicted the attack of the goblin in front of him.

The goblin hit the villager's calf and caused him to fall. The other goblins saw this chance, and they didn't let it go.

"No!" the villager shouted in despair.

The other villagers near him tried to help him, but the goblins stopped them from doing so. Instead, they were also hit by the goblins.

"Focus on yourselves!" the village chief ordered when he saw them collapsing.

*Thud*

A goblin smashed that villager's head. It cracked his skull open, and blood started pouring out. The villager opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He died just like that.

Needless to say, Misho and Maia saw that moment. The commotion was very eye-catching.

Maia turned around and embraced Misho while she shivered in fear.

Misho was stunned. He never saw anyone die in person.

(This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game. This is just a game.)

Misho kept reminding himself that this was just a game. His breathing became haggard, and he embraced Maia tightly. The two of them tried to cope with the violence of this world.

As the sound grew louder and louder, the unconscious player twitched. His face was covered in medicinal leaves, and his eyes opened slowly.

"W-Where am I? Why is it so noisy?" the player asked as he stared into the sky.

"You're finally awake," Kea said.

She crouched down beside him.

"Puhh!"

Kea wore a long skirt, and the player saw her panties when she crouched down.

His eyes were glued to it like a magnet.

"W-Where are you staring at!"

Kea slapped him on the cheeks.

20