Chapter 27 — Success
1k 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eugh… You should've warned me, Misho," Maia said.

She stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"It felt so good. I couldn't stop myself," Misho replied.

"Ah!"

Misho's words turned Maia into a red tomato. She covered her face with her hands and peeked at him in between her fingers.

"Let's…"

"Let's?" Misho repeated her words in confusion.

"...do it later…" Maia whispered.

"Yes!"

Misho embraced her tightly. Her words made him feel her trust in him. It made him happy and recognized.

"I also… want to feel good…" Maia continued.

Giving him a blowjob made her feel something inside her that she had never felt before. Her face felt hot, and she was at the peak of embarrassment, but she wanted to feel more than that.

"Alright. I will promise to come back as soon as possible!" Misho replied.

He held his palm over his left chest and promised her. As a man, he must do his duty to pleasure a woman.

"Mm." Maia nodded her head.

Misho wore his clothes and stood up. He walked to the door and stopped.

"Maia, thank you for trusting me," Misho said.

He then opened the door and swiftly left the room. Maia was left on the bed with her mouth open, without the chance to reply to him.

"Hmph. He didn't even say that he loves me," Maia muttered in displeasure.

She covered her face with the pillow and lay on her stomach on the bed.

Misho left the house.

Many male villagers carried long wooden rods with dead goblin bodies wrapped in a cloth tied to them. They headed out of the village to who knows where.

Misho quickly found Vivien and Gerald. They were moving a dead goblin body onto a piece of cloth. The powerful stench of blood made Misho feel sickened.

The horniness that he had quickly disappeared. There was blood everywhere, but it didn't bother him as much as it did before. Perhaps, the pleasure was the way to get over bad experiences.

Throughout human history, soldiers used pleasure to relieve the stress they accumulated on the battlefield. Most of them resorted to raping the women of their enemies. Of course, that was a piece of a dark history that was never repeated in the modern era, presumably.

Vivien saw Misho, and he tapped Gerald's hand.

"Sir Gerald, Quarter is here," Vivien said.

"Hm?"

Gerald raised his head and looked at Misho.

"Come here, Quarter! We won thanks to you!" Gerald shouted at him with a wide smile on his face.

"Uncle Gerald," Misho called back with a warm smile on his face.

He was happy to see Gerald alive. It made him feel less empathetic about the deaths of the goblins.

"The Village Chief and Kea told me about Maisha's contribution. I didn't expect the two of you to be demons. Her spell art helped us win this battle decisively," Gerald said proudly.

He seemed proud of Maia's contribution to the battle against the goblin. Well, who wouldn't be? It led to them successfully resisting an attack that could've led to their deaths and the suffering of the women in the village.

"Yeah… I wanted to help her, but I don't have a spell art," Misho replied regretfully.

"That's alright. Sometimes men had to rely on women," Gerald said to console him.

"Thanks, Uncle Gerald," Misho replied gratefully.

"Alright. Help me tie this bastard to this wooden rod," Gerald said.

Misho crouched on the ground, grabbed two ends of the cloth, and tied it to the wooden rod. Gerald did the same on the other side. Meanwhile, Vivien was preparing another sheet of cloth and a wooden rod.

"Done. Help me carry this, Quarter."

Gerald grabbed one end of the wooden rod. Misho nodded his head and grabbed the other end. They both carried the goblin onto their shoulders.

"Follow me."

Gerald led the way, and they went in the same direction the other villagers carried the other goblins to.

"Uncle Gerald, where are we going?" Misho asked curiously.

"We're going to the cremation sites. We will burn the bodies of the goblins to ashes. Horpa already led the others to chop some firewood. The Village Chief told me this is to prevent the other goblins from eating them and multiplying again," Gerald explained.

"Ugh… they cannibalize each other?" Misho asked in disgust.

"Yeah. They are savage and cruel creatures. I don't know why the King never ordered their eradication."

"Maybe because they multiply so fast?"

"Probably."

They arrived at the cremation site soon after. There were small mounds of dead goblin bodies around the area. Male villagers were coming and going laying them on top of each other.

"..."

Misho furrowed his eyebrows in disgust. Seeing so many dead bodies were off-putting.

They walked to the closest one and placed the dead goblin on top. They untied the cloth, and Gerald pulled it from under the dead goblin.

"Let's return," Gerald said.

Misho nodded his head and headed back to the village with him. He reminded himself that the goblins deserved their deaths.

And so, Misho helped Gerald and Vivien transfer the dead bodies until there were none left. By the time they finished, it was already dark.

Misho stood in front of the goblin mound and watched Horpa and the others light up the firewood placed around the dead bodies.

A few minutes later, the fire grew higher and higher. It lit up the area around them brightly. They could feel the heat radiating to their faces.

"This success is all thanks to you and that Maisha girl," Trepe said to Misho.

He stood beside him and watched the goblins cook and burn in the fire.

"It smells… like cooked meat…" Misho muttered with disgust in his voice.

"Yes. This is the reality of the world, young lad. We kill animals to survive. Goblins kill humanoid races to survive, but we need to fight back too. We are intelligent creatures. Even if you are a demon, we are in this fight together."

"Yeah…" Misho nodded his head heavily.

"Quarter, do you know what I felt when I fought the goblins?" Gerald suddenly asked.

"Strength?"

"No, fear. I killed them because I feared for my wife's safety. I want you to protect Maisha. She is such a nice woman. Promise me that," Gerald answered.

"Yes… I will protect her…" Misho replied slowly.

*Ding!*

–––––––––––

Legendary Quest Completed!

–––––––––––

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been demotivated and burntout for two-three whole months. Don't worry, I believe I have already made a full recovery. Thank you and updates here will be consistent for a while.

I say a while because this novel was already signed to Webnovel last February and I'm planning to lock at chapter 47 onwards behind a paywall. Please do understand that money makes the world go round. I won't be able to write this book or even be motivated to do it if it won't feed me or pay my bills or buy me things I want. Thank you for your understanding.

16