Chapter 33 — Late Night Meetup
759 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Would you do it with others, Misho?" Maia asked solemnly.

"W-Why do you ask?"

Misho stared at her fearfully. A scary aura emanated from her through the hologram. She seemed like a raging tiger that was about to bite a chunk of his flesh.

"Hmph! I won't let you anyway," Maia declared confidently.

She would stick to him like glue. That wouldn't give him the chance to flirt with other girls. She was naturally protective of him after what happened to him in the past.

"What do you mean?" Misho asked in confusion.

"Nothing. Instead of that, do you want to meet up?"

Maia decided to change the topic.

"Where?"

"Do you still remember that convenience store we used to go to?"

Misho entered the 365 convenience store. It hadn't been an hour since Maia asked him out to meet up. It was still dark outside as it was just about to be 3 AM.

He sat on a seat facing the window and watched the night scenery of the city. It was actually quite bright, but it was still nowhere compared to daytime.

Misho waited for a dozen minutes before a familiar figure dropped off a bus. She entered the convenience store and immediately recognized him.

Maia wore a long-sleeved jacket and a skirt.

"Misho!"

Maia assumed her normal reaction and went forward to hug him. She had embraced him so many times in the past that it became second nature to her.

"Maia…"

Everything that happened in the game replayed in Misho's mind, making his embrace rather awkward compared to her. Maia raised her head to look at him, and she also remembered the lewd things they did in the game.

"I-I will buy your favorite ramen," Maia said and quickly left his side.

She went to an isle and crouched down to pick two large bowls of instant ramen. She paid for it in the counter and poured the hot water in them before returning.

She quickly placed the two bowls in front of their seats.

"This is still your favorite, right? Seafood Ramen."

Maia sat on the seat and used her finger to keep the lid of the instant ramen closed as she waited for it to cook.

"It's my favorite. I'm glad you still remember," Misho replied with a smile.

"Hehe. How could I forget? You always get them back then," Maia giggled.

Their awkwardness dissipated like smoke. They were used to each other's presence after years and years of sticking together like glue.

"I have a weird question to ask," Misho said and checked if his ramen was cooked already.

"What is it? I'm all ears," Maia answered. She did the same thing as him and also checked her ramen.

"Is your body not different..?"

"Gah!"

Maia choked on her own saliva when she heard his words. She swung her head and glared at him.

"Of course! That was just in-game, in-game!" Maia shouted.

"Okay, okay!"

Misho scratched his cheeks wryly.

The two of them became silent once again. Misho wondered to himself if he messed it up big time.

He ate a mouthful of his ramen and wondered what to say to her. There were so many things he wanted to ask her, but he was feeling nervous for some reason.

"But…"

Maia suddenly opened her mouth.

"But?"

Misho turned to look at her.

She cutely covered her mouth with her hands. She was bashful as she could be.

"If you want to… I can show you…" Maia whispered.

"W-W-Wh…"

Misho's heart beat rapidly. He opened it wanting to say something but quickly closed it as he was speechless by her boldness.

Maia waited for his reply while embarrassed. Her face was bright red, and she looked like an adorable apple.

"What is it? Do you not want to?" Maia asked while feeling nervous.

Her sudden boldness even shocked herself. She was riding a tiger that she couldn't ride off. She could only go to the very end of this narrow path.

"Y– Agh!"

Misho was about to answer, but he suddenly held his stomach with his two arms. His face twisted in pain.

"Wait, what happened to you?!"

Maia panicked. Her embarrassment disappeared as Misho's health was the priority in her mind.

"My stomach hurts…"

Misho gritted his teeth.

He begrudgingly entered the comfort room in the convenience store. It was such a good moment ruined by his stomach.

Maia waited for him outside the door.

"Misho, what have you been eating lately?" Maia asked in a voice full of concern.

"Noodles… Instant noodles… Aghh…" Misho answered while in pain.

"What! Be careful of your diet, Misho! You need to eat healthily, or this will happen again," Maia scolded like his mother.

Misho felt embarrassed hearing her scold him. He soon finished and left the comfort room.

"I will go with you to your apartment. I want to see how you're living in there," Maia said.

Misho internally panicked when he heard her words. His apartment was a mess. If she came there, he would shame himself.

"No need. I can take care of myself," Misho answered.

Albeit, his words lacked any confidence. Maia knew him full well and instantly understood that he was lying to her.

"I'm coming with you whether you like it or not," Maia said with no room for discussion.

Misho returned home with the furious Maia following behind him.

She entered his room and gasped at the towers of instant ramen bowls scattered around the kitchen. The dishes weren't done, and the floor wasn't swept.

"Misho! How can you live like this??"

Maia shook her head and immediately grabbed the sweeper and the dustpan.

"The sweeper bot broke down and I didn't have time to dispose of everything…"

Misho looked down in shame. Letting a woman see his messy apartment made him feel bad.

"Help me clean everything," Maia said sternly.

"Yes…"

Misho helped her clean every nook and cranny. Not even his brand new Fulldive Capsule was spared. By the end of it, everything was sparkly clean.

13